Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Your most memorable video game accomplishment
    • As silly as it might sound, given the game, but getting a -15 score on the 18-hole golf course in Wii Sports Resort is still something I'm stupidly proud of. Wii Motion Plus made that stuff hard as hell. You had to maintain serious control over your wrist and swings to avoid slicing your ball way off the screen. I couldn't tell you how many times I played through those 18 holes trying to top my high score.

The ironic thing is, I'm terrible at real life golf :lol:

The only other one that comes to mind for me is that I got into the Top 300 on the online leaderboards for Tetris Party on the original Wii, in the normal game mode. I don't remember specifics, but I know the session that got me that score was something like 5-6 hours straight. I pretty much blacked out and went into a state of Tetris nirvana.

I'm published! Check out -
      THE LEGEND OF LIGHT
      Book One, The Echoes of Light, available in Paperback and on Kindle - Book 2 out late 2018
      Read the first five chapters for free

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mirren ().

• Takanuva wrote:

Probably my greatest achievement is my 1:59 time on MK7 Rainbow Road... I'm a pretty dang good Mario Kart player and can usually outplay most people. I also picked up Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at a Nintendo booth at the mall for the second time ever and beat a group of children on my first try, lol. I may not be on the leaderboards, but I fear no man nor track.
      We just got the Mario Kart for Wii. I used to be so bad at almost all of the courses, but now I can beat all of my siblings on our first round. I got first place in the Grand Prix of the Star Cup and Special Cup. Though, I have to admit, Wii controls are super easy; it isn't much of an accomplishment for me.

Good job, though. I've only played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe once, and I was really, really bad.
      “We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    • Fallyn Darkheart wrote:

Takanuva wrote:

Probably my greatest achievement is my 1:59 time on MK7 Rainbow Road... I'm a pretty dang good Mario Kart player and can usually outplay most people. I also picked up Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at a Nintendo booth at the mall for the second time ever and beat a group of children on my first try, lol. I may not be on the leaderboards, but I fear no man nor track.
      We just got the Mario Kart for Wii. I used to be so bad at almost all of the courses, but now I can beat all of my siblings on our first round. I got first place in the Grand Prix of the Star Cup and Special Cup. Though, I have to admit, Wii controls are super easy; it isn't much of an accomplishment for me.
      Good job, though. I've only played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe once, and I was really, really bad.
      I don't know if it's me forgetting what it's like to really suck at it, but it's not that difficult. Once you get a feel for the controls (drifting is a bit looser feeling in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe compared to Mario Kart 7) you can get the hang of it fairly quick. It does help that the Switch controls are fairly similar to Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS. It's learning the best race lines and how to adjust the angle and timing of your drifts that's a bit harder. A lot of competitive players in time trials don't hold up in competition due to factors like other players and items specifically meant to unbalance anyone in first place.
      I AM TAKANUVA, TOA OF LIGHT!

You'll be hearing my name someday, whenever people talk about heroes - Takua!
    • most memorable:
      - Beating Portal 2 co-op with a friend. I remember it being very challenging, but we did it eventually (no guide). Was a real bonding moment.
      - Getting 1000G/Platinum on MW1 & MW2 is also memorable for me. Spec Ops and Mile High Club were very tough but a lot of fun!

couple other cool achievements:
      - I caught ~3 boxes of shiny Pokemon in Diamond (about 80 pokemon iirc), by chaining with the Poke Radar. I had like 400-500 hours on my save file lol.
      Chaining was new and unknown when DP came out. I remember being on Serebii a lot, sharing information. Was definitely at the forefront of discovering this stuff–exciting times.
      - Being top in my country for a while on the Mii Contest Channel aka Check Mii Out. Played that loads. Anybody played this?
    • Recently, 100%-ing MGS3, which is something I could never do when I was younger. And I almost gave up when it came to the kerotans on the bike section, specifically the ones in the very beginning of it as you’re going across the runway. But I’m glad I didn’t!

100%-ing the first Ni no Kuni as well, I did it a long while ago. Don’t know if I’d have the patience to do it again no matter how much I love the game (frankly, I’m surprised I did have it the first time), but doing that was one of my greater gaming accomplishments.

Platinuming the first Borderlands.
      "Go on your path, even if you live for a day." - Park Jimin

\ Love Yourself /
    • When I played Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, I ran into two fairly serious difficulties. First, the only way to gain hearts is by gathering baby heart squids and then sacrificing them in some weird torture shop where they're violently smashed into hearts. I couldn't bring myself to allow that to happen, so I was basically playing a three-heart challenge. Second, I didn't notice that I could scroll down in the shop and so missed out on a lot of items and upgrades without even realizing it until after I was done. Some of the later boss battles were very difficult, but I pulled through and beat the game, and even got the best ending.

I also have a somewhat silly one a bit like Mirren's. In Wii Fit Plus, there's a minigame called Island Cycling which allows you to roam freely on Wuhu Island, where the game takes place, with each difficulty level giving you a larger area to work with until you finally have access to the whole island. There's plenty to do -- getting flags in the shortest distance and balloons in the shortest time, recruiting dogs and cats to run alongside you, and exploring and sometimes even discovering new areas. The map is also divided into a number of squares, with each square being dark at first and lighting up when you've explored it. I methodically visited every square available to me, not really expecting any reward aside from having the map light up a little. At one point, I actually ran my bicycle full speed of a tier and into the ocean just to graze an ocean square and count as having explored it. And much to my surprise, I actually did get something for my trouble -- a cool new (but still virtual) bike! The coolest thing about it is knowing that it was such an obscure prize, and I could easily of never discovered it.
      Goddess of the Sands

Map of Thyphlo Ruins

Forest Architects

If you have Amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits on Wii U, you can reset which games your amiibo unlock by deleting the game and then redownloading it.
    • I think one of my most memorable moments is from the first time I did a dungeon in World of Warcraft: Legion. Maw of Souls, I don't remember the difficulty, but probably not a hard one :p

As a geek for Norse mythology and aesthetics, it was a lot of fun for me. It was together with a group of friends and when we got to the last boss and the ship started getting destroyed, three members of the group died and it was just the tank and myself (a mage) keeping it up, dodging everything. We were told to give up, but we held our ground and managed^^
    • I’m not a super-intense gamer, but beating Cuphead was extremely satisfying, although I died far more times than I’d like to admit. Also, my brother and I played the Subspace Emissary many years ago, and when we finally got to the final boss he had to take the trash out and my nine-year-old self somehow beat Tabuu on my first try. My brother never forgave me for it, but it was the first somewhat impressive gaming think I had done.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SamCringe ().

• When I got the hang of parrying in Dark Souls and would parry those Black Knights. I felt like such a bad ass.

Going back many years in my primary school years, I was at an arcade playing Street Fighter 2 against of a bunch of older kids. Little did they anticipate what a Street Fighter addict I was back then. I think I schooled all of them, haha.

I used to be ridiculously good at Smash Brothers Melee using Fox. I rarely lost a 1 on 1 battle against any of my friends that challenged me.

I'll post more as I think of them.
    • I'm sure there is a dozen moments that I just can pull from memory at the moment, but two that come to mind are:

Getting the Mile High Club achievement on Call of Duty 4. Had to do the timed mission in the airplane on veteran in I think under 60 seconds or whatever. I remember only having like .4 seconds to spare and it took me about 2 days of working toward perfecting movements to finally do it.

Also, I don't know why, but beating Demyx in KH2 was nearly IMPOSSIBLE for me. I spent a week stuck on his boss battle and could not figure it out at all. I was finally about to do it though. As a matter of fact, that entire final bossfight in KH2 was a nightmare anyway.
      Well, let’s just say it’s ironic how footage of someone being born can make you want to kill yourself.
    • Does anyone remember the original Unreal game from 1998? For me, the most memorable achievement was also getting to the end of that game and hearing this:

Also beating Half-Life was quite a memorable moment given how long it took.
      "This is the tale of an ancient land of lush forests and verdant meadows. A land blessed by the Goddesses where the powers of light and shadow exist in perfect balance. This is the story of the kingdom of Hyrule, of a king who sought to control the power of the gods, and of a boy without a fairy. A boy whose struggle against the shadow became a legend, riding upon the Winds of Time..."

A novelization of The Legend of Zelda- Ocarina of Time (Complete & Revised)

Click here for the audiobook edition.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Thal1989 ().

• 1) The sheer amount of progress I made on my FF11 Online character.

2) the sheer amount of progress I made on my FF14 Online characters.

3) Getting server third/fourth (I can't remember) on Alexander Savage floor 1 for FF14 on my old static and doing top dps most of the time in said static.

4) Making a 90%ish accurate recreation of Hyrule Field from Ocarina of time in Modnation Racers and putting a track over it which incorporates the geography of Hyrule Field into it to the best of my ability.

5) The sheer amount of building I've done in Minecraft.

6) Beating the Asylum Demon with my bare hands.

7) Beating Ozma in ff9 on only my second try blind (granted with a guide but not with the full build they recommended).

8 ) Beating Battletoads (with infinite lives cheat, though. not without lmao)

The post was edited 5 times, last by VrahnkenEisenbach ().