Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    How did you first discover Zelda Universe?
    • SennyPOS wrote:

I denounced all social media sites due to some saltiness that sprung from persistent trolls that went a little too far with their..... "jokes." I did, however, miss interacting others on the internet that shared my interests but I didn't want to get back on things like Twitter and facebook, so I started complaining to a friend about and he suggested I join a forum. I had no idea what a forum was (as this my 1st being a part if one) so he pulled up google and asked me what is something I really enjoy, I said video games, he asked me what series is my favorite, I said LoZ, he giggled LoZ forum and ZU was 1st in the list. I had a look around and noticed that it's way more organized than a social media site and what finally sold me on it was the active teams of staff that uphold the peace.
      Welcome Senny, glad you found us!
    • Emerald Isle wrote:

I ask that myself every day of my life

I also ask why I'm still here.
      Alright I might as well give a real answer.

Beginning of 2018 I was a broken man, mentally ill and having a never ending feeling of pain. I was never a fan of Zelda but at the time, playing the games helped me cope with the problem. So I found out about Discord and in turn found a sever called Zelda Universe. I thought at the time speaking with other people of the franchise and engaging with the community would also help me. And for the most part it did but almost the entirety of being there I was only pretending to be a big fan the Zelda franchise, even though realistically it's not my kind of game. I was still mentally ill and I'm pretty sure I made many hate my guts because of it but hey I feel fine now.
      I was speaking with a therapist at the time and I was only planing to stay at Zelda Universe for a few months. after around June I recovered well, I got to see my wife again, and I got a decent job again. While I was intending to leave Zelda Universe behind forever, after a few months I decided to return.

Agus fagaimid suid mar ata se. We'll just leave it at that.

"Oh how do you do young Jacky El Light? Do you mind if I sit here down by your grave site?"
    • SennyPOS wrote:

I denounced all social media sites due to some saltiness that sprung from persistent trolls that went a little too far with their..... "jokes." I did, however, miss interacting others on the internet that shared my interests but I didn't want to get back on things like Twitter and facebook, so I started complaining to a friend about and he suggested I join a forum. I had no idea what a forum was (as this my 1st being a part if one) so he pulled up google and asked me what is something I really enjoy, I said video games, he asked me what series is my favorite, I said LoZ, he giggled LoZ forum and ZU was 1st in the list. I had a look around and noticed that it's way more organized than a social media site and what finally sold me on it was the active teams of staff that uphold the peace.
      Welcome to ZU!

I'm glad there's a few surviving fansite communities out there such as ZU. Before social media, forums were your go to place to socialize online and discuss common interests like Zedla. And there were many many more places like this out there back in the day before social media took over.

I've always felt a stronger sense of community from places like this over social media. One quick glance on facebook and you see people just arguing and trolling each other. There are many good people here. Stick around and you'll be sure to make some new friends here.

Fun fact, I met my wife on a Zelda forum (not this one) probably close to 2 decades ago.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hoju ().