Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Can we expect a new Zelda in 2019?
    • In the Switch thread we were talking about the possibility of a new Zelda game in 2019. Specifically there was this rumor/theory, although that was mostly wishful thinking.

I think it's unlikely that we'll get a brand new 3D Zelda game next year. But we could get a new topdown Zelda that doesn't take very long to develop.

I have to admit that it feels like the golden years for Zelda are over. The past 7 years were very exciting for Zelda fans:
      • 2011: Ocarina of Time 3D
      • 2011: Four Swords: Anniversary Edition
      • 2011: Skyward Sword
      • 2013: A Link Between Worlds
      • 2013: The Wind Waker HD
      • 2015: Majora's Mask 3D
      • 2015: Tri Force Heroes
      • 2016: Twilight Princess HD
      • 2017: Breath of the Wild

That's 9 games in 6 years, of which 4 were new games. And now? 1.5 years have passed since BotW came out and there hasn't been a single new game announced.
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • I think it is a good thing that we get a pause from all what I would call "filler games". I rather wait for the real deal, and that includes a new quality 2D-title which does not resemble an awful lot of an earlier past title or a game without decent single-player. Remasters are... remasters. Could be nice, but nothing worth getting too excited about.

But, if it turns out that the next top-down-Zelda will be on the 3DS I will be pretty annoyed.

At best we will get a top-down-style Zelda on the Switch next year (2019). And when it comes to the more ambitious 3D console title... I will probably start to expect to see it during E3 2020 at the earliest. But considering the past history of their Zelda releases, we should get a smaller Zelda before the next big console title. So I would say that the chances of seeing something Zelda related next year is fairly decent.

The post was edited 3 times, last by MVS ().

• Canyarion wrote:

I have to admit that it feels like the golden years for Zelda are over. The past 7 years were very exciting for Zelda fans:

That's 9 games in 6 years, of which 4 were new games. And now? 1.5 years have passed since BotW came out and there hasn't been a single new game announced.
      I bolded the rereleases. And the quality of TFH and SS is...debatable. So I certainly wouldn't call these the golden years.
      imo 1998-2003 (could extend it to TP) were the true golden years of Zelda. Highest quantity and quality in a short time.

I don't see how it's a bad thing that it has been 1,5 years since BotW and no game has been announced. See: 1. rereleases of OoT, MM, TWW, and TP were inevitable: and it has been done. Any more remastering would be silly. And 2. there is no handheld to make a more simpler Zelda game for. It's just the Switch atm.

By the sounds of it, Aonuma and team are working on a new big Zelda game for Switch. Probably openworld and non-linear, in the vein of BotW. That's all I could ask for.
    • My E3 prediction for this year was a bundle that includes WWHD, TPHD, and then SS remastered for the Switch. Since SS is the latest Zelda not to get the remaster treatment it seems likely that's coming sooner rather than later, and the Switch doesn't have backwards compatibility so re-releasing the other two isn't out of the realm of possibility. I don't think a port of TPHD and WWHD would be at full price on their own, they're remasters to begin with and weren't released all that long ago.
    • Bowsette wrote:

My E3 prediction for this year was a bundle that includes WWHD, TPHD, and then SS remastered for the Switch. Since SS is the latest Zelda not to get the remaster treatment it seems likely that's coming sooner rather than later, and the Switch doesn't have backwards compatibility so re-releasing the other two isn't out of the realm of possibility. I don't think a port of TPHD and WWHD would be at full price on their own, they're remasters to begin with and weren't released all that long ago.
      You would hope so, anyway. Nintendo doesn't seem to think along those lines all too often. Even if they are full price, though, I'd probably still buy them.

Which I guess is the problem, haha. I am the problem with Nintendo's sales practices.
      A dark chase requires a silent hound, and deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    • 2D Zelda set in OoT's game world in ALBW style with OoT/MM 3D's artstyle design in textures as an OoT sequel. Have this be the game that the Downfall Timeline branches from, to make the timeline seem less convoluted. All they have to do is give OoT the ALBW treatment but in the form of another 2D Zelda, with a new story, plot, and Ganondorf as the villain again.

Have it where, if you beat the game, you get the ending where Ganondorf is sealed in the Twilight Realm with the help of the sages, leading to TP. If you lose, you get a Zelda II esque bad ending, where Ganondorf becomes Ganon and the Imprisoning War happens, leading into ALttP, ALBW, and so on. That way the "official" timeline can actually at least make somewhat more sense for once.

The game should be announced in January, so that we don't have to wait all the way to E3. But the game would be set for a Holiday release date.
    • I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a smaller scale title focusing on the aftermath of BotW and the rebuilding of Hyrule. Basically a direct but smaller scale sequel ala Phantom Hourglass or Majora’s Mask.

Also, hey.
      My philosophy on the timeline now is the same as Winston Churchill’s:

“It is a mistake to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one Link at a time.”
    • There definitely has to be something Zelda coming next year, whether it's Skyward Sword HD, a new 2D game or both. Here's why:
      1. We haven't gotten any real significant solid Zelda related news since Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition, which was way back, several months ago, even before E3. So we're long overdue for something Zelda. Especially for something new since the last time we got anything that actually new for Zelda was last year. And no, I'm not counting BotW's DLC. When I say "new", I'm talking about new game new. As in the last time being BotW in general.
      2. Next year will be 6 years since ALBW (the latest single player first 2D Zelda), 4 years since TFH (the latest 2D Zelda period), and 2 years since TPHD (the latest Zelda remake).
      3. We now know that Nintendo is at least working on 3 different Zelda titles. The next 3D one, Grezzo's "Create-A-Legend 2" project, and the more recent word on a new Zelda mobile game.
      4. We know that Nintendo is at least working something for 2D Zelda. Aonuma mentioned early last year that the 2D Zelda team is working on something. And both Aonuma and Miyamoto even joked about "Paper Zelda".
      That said, I can almost guarantee that we're definitely getting a 2D Zelda next year. And maybe even Skyward Sword HD. The same way how we got Wind Waker HD and ALBW both in 2013. I can imagine that SSHD would be a very anticipated remaster, so it will receive similar hyping treatment as what WWHD got (sort of). And SSHD could also very well influence and inspire Nintendo to bring back motion controls in the next 3D Zelda.

Anyways, long story short, I'd expect SS HD to be announced in January 2019 and release in May 2019 at the earliest but no later than September. Luigi's Mansion 3 should release in October 2019. And the new 2D Zelda (no matter whatever it may be) would release in November 2019.
    • PJCLink wrote:

2D Zelda set in OoT's game world in ALBW style with OoT/MM 3D's artstyle design in textures as an OoT sequel. Have this be the game that the Downfall Timeline branches from, to make the timeline seem less convoluted. All they have to do is give OoT the ALBW treatment but in the form of another 2D Zelda, with a new story, plot, and Ganondorf as the villain again.

Have it where, if you beat the game, you get the ending where Ganondorf is sealed in the Twilight Realm with the help of the sages, leading to TP. If you lose, you get a Zelda II esque bad ending, where Ganondorf becomes Ganon and the Imprisoning War happens, leading into ALttP, ALBW, and so on. That way the "official" timeline can actually at least make somewhat more sense for once.

The game should be announced in January, so that we don't have to wait all the way to E3. But the game would be set for a Holiday release date.
      OoT's era is likely over. The devs even stated themselves that they needed to move on from it, they couldn't keep depending on that cow forever to keep delivering milk.

BOTW is now what OoT was then, it's what it's fans are learning just like the fans of LoZ 1 and ALTTP eventually did. It does suck when they move on from what makes one's childhood nostalgic, but they have these new fans they must grow.
    • Aku wrote:

OoT's era is likely over.
      Maybe for 3D Zelda games but not 2D.

Aku wrote:

The devs even stated themselves that they needed to move on from it, they couldn't keep depending on that cow forever to keep delivering milk.
      First of all, they were referring to the formula, not the era of which a game could take place. Before BotW released, many people even speculated that BotW was an OoT sequel of sorts. And lastly, this only applies to 3D Zelda games. 2D games will continue to be traditional but just draw some inspiration from the 3D titles like always. All 2D games have followed by the TLoZ/ALttP formula since even after OoT. Even ALBW, which was literally a sequel to ALttP. While even TFH stuck to tradition as a spiritual successor to FS.

Also, it's still a bit too early for 2D Zelda to carry on the open world madness of BotW! So a 2D OoT sequel is definitely possible. Especially since it wouldn't even be using the OoT formula anyways. It'd be using the TLoZ/ALttP formula that most 2D Zelda games have been using for decades now! Again, the experimental stuff is mostly with the 3D Zelda games.

Aku wrote:

BOTW is now what OoT was then, it's what it's fans are learning just like the fans of LoZ 1 and ALTTP eventually did. It does suck when they move on from what makes one's childhood nostalgic, but they have these new fans they must grow.
      So are we now really just gonna forget that OoX, FS, FSA, MC, PH, ST, ALBW, and TFH ever happened? Nintendo has still been making traditional old school style 2D Zelda games, even after OoT and MM. And have even confirmed that they're still doing so. Do not ever forget that.

If you honestly think the franchise can live on just 3D open world Zelda games like BotW, you're wrong. If Nintendo were to go that route, many die hard long time Zelda fans like myself would lose their sanity having to wait years and years just get any news at all! All just to be disappointed by another Not-So-Zelda game with crappy music, weak as heck brittle weapons, lack of enemy variety, and a boring barren overworld. Oh, and I can't forget about the Not-So-Link, with that every long-time hardcore Zelda fan's least favorite eye-sore, the Champion's Tunic.

Yeah, like I'd really want that kind of Zelda to be the only kind of Zelda to still stand. Uh, how about no thank you. Yes, I understand there are a lot of new BotW Zelda fans. But that doesn't mean that fans from since ALttP, like myself, are going to put up with only BotW style Zelda. Nintendo's still got their old school Zelda fans to feed you know! Which is why 2D Zelda still remains a thing, even now. It's literally all that's left of old school Zelda now. If not for that, then the series would be doomed to die with this 5 years or more waits for literally every Zelda game. Long time fans like myself who are used to getting a new game in more frequent time would lose their sanity. Heck, I'm already losing my sanity from this change. Which is all the more reason why BotW was a bad idea to begin with!

Heck, it only exists the way it does because of so much destructive criticism against Skyward Sword. BotW is everything that SS isn't. But at the same time, BotW is the complete polar opposite of SS. SS is a great game (aside from the motion control issues here and there), BotW is not a great game (at least not as much as people think). SS is linear. BotW is open and barren. SS is fun. BotW isn't. SS has a variety of real music. BotW doesn't. SS has a storage system. BotW doesn't. SS has repair system. BotW doesn't.

BotW tried too much to be the opposite of SS because Nintendo thought everyone hated SS, not realizing that there are people who actually enjoyed SS like myself. All the more reason why SS HD needs to happen. In hopes of making people, including Nintendo themselves realize just how much better SS could've been, while at the same time proving just how SS isn't as bad as people made it out to be. Basically to help people to learn to appreciate the good game that SS actually is. I clapped at the end of my first playthrough of SS. I didn't clap or cheer at all when beating BotW. So that says a lot. BotW just isn't as fun as SS. SS was made with love. While BotW was made with love as well, but mostly for SS haters in spite of SS, with all the SS hate in mind and Nintendo trying to live up to make up for what they thought was a mistake.

Long story short, BotW is okay for it's own thing, but not as a Zelda title. While SS is much better as a Zelda title. In other words, I would've liked BotW the way it was made more if it didn't have Zelda in the title cause it didn't feel like a Zelda game at all! Heck, HW was more of a Zelda game than BotW ever was. And that's a spinoff!
    • GregariousTree wrote:

Yeah, one of my favorite things about BotW was how little it relied on the mythology of OoT.
      Hmm. Let's see:
      1. Urbosa mentioned how Ganon was once the Gerudo named Ganondorf.
      2. Ganon is the main antagonist.
      3. Gorons are in the game.
      4. Gerudo are in the game.
      5. The Great Deku Tree is in the game.
      6. Epona is known by the people.
      7. Lon Lon Ranch is in ruins.
      8. The Temple of Time is there.
      9. The Seven Heroines symbolize the Seven sages from OoT.
      10. The are places named after the characters from OoT.
      11. OoT's Castle Town is in ruins.
      12. OoT's Hyrule Castle is in ruins.
      13. Darnunia's face is in Goron City's monument.
      14. Ruto was mentioned to have become a sage in the Zora tablets.
      15. OoT's events were mentioned in the ceremony memory.
      Yeah, BotW didn't rely that much on OoT's mythos at all! In matter of fact, if not for Zelda in the title, that very title in the loading screens to remind me I'm playing Zelda, and OoT's mythos present, I would've forgotten that I was playing a Zelda game the whole time. OoT's mythos being recognized was literally the only thing that really kept me interested in the game, as it was the biggest and best reminder for me that I was playing a Zelda game at all while that huge disappointment. Again, if not for the OoT mythos in the game, I would've dropped the game in the first month. Heck, literally the game already had my full interest the moment I saw the Temple of Time back in E3. Literally the story and OoT mythos acknowledged in the game is literally the only thing about that game that I still care about at all!
    • Hey man, I get that you're passionate about Zelda, but you could probably stand to be a little less sarcastic and antagonistic. I'm not attacking you for what you believe or like about the games. I'm just saying what I liked about the games too.

Yeah, OoT is definitely still a big part of the series and was referenced in lots of cool, fun ways. So were lots of other games in the series. What I meant was the plot of BotW wasn't the result of the fallout from OoT, except in the sense that OoT is Calamity Ganon's origin story of sorts. TP, WW, ALttP, and MM are all directly related to the events of OoT, sequels basically. BotW is a different story. It's influenced by OoT, but also by the other games in the series. It feels like time has passed, Hyrule has changed and evolved. Yeah, Calamity Ganon used to be Ganondorf, but clearly a ton of crap has transpired since then. It's a new era with new possibilities for them to take the series. A new jumping off point for new stories. That's cool and interesting.
      A dark chase requires a silent hound, and deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    • Canyarion wrote:

In the Switch thread we were talking about the possibility of a new Zelda game in 2019. Specifically there was this rumor/theory, although that was mostly wishful thinking.

I think it's unlikely that we'll get a brand new 3D Zelda game next year. But we could get a new topdown Zelda that doesn't take very long to develop.

Huh? I don't think that these are the golden years since TFH, SS, and FS got mixed reviews. Sure they had OOT3D, WWHD, and TPHD but I think Zelda's golden years were 1991-2002. After that, it started stumbling with FS and the games after TP.

PJCLink wrote:

Aku wrote:

OoT's era is likely over.
      Maybe for 3D Zelda games but not 2D.

Aku wrote:

The devs even stated themselves that they needed to move on from it, they couldn't keep depending on that cow forever to keep delivering milk.
      First of all, they were referring to the formula, not the era of which a game could take place. Before BotW released, many people even speculated that BotW was an OoT sequel of sorts. And lastly, this only applies to 3D Zelda games. 2D games will continue to be traditional but just draw some inspiration from the 3D titles like always. All 2D games have followed by the TLoZ/ALttP formula since even after OoT. Even ALBW, which was literally a sequel to ALttP. While even TFH stuck to tradition as a spiritual successor to FS.
      Also, it's still a bit too early for 2D Zelda to carry on the open world madness of BotW! So a 2D OoT sequel is definitely possible. Especially since it wouldn't even be using the OoT formula anyways. It'd be using the TLoZ/ALttP formula that most 2D Zelda games have been using for decades now! Again, the experimental stuff is mostly with the 3D Zelda games.

Aku wrote:

So are we now really just gonna forget that OoX, FS, FSA, MC, PH, ST, ALBW, and TFH ever happened? Nintendo has still been making traditional old school style 2D Zelda games, even after OoT and MM. And have even confirmed that they're still doing so. Do not ever forget that.
      If you honestly think the franchise can live on just 3D open world Zelda games like BotW, you're wrong. If Nintendo were to go that route, many die hard long time Zelda fans like myself would lose their sanity having to wait years and years just get any news at all! All just to be disappointed by another Not-So-Zelda game with crappy music, weak as heck brittle weapons, lack of enemy variety, and a boring barren overworld. Oh, and I can't forget about the Not-So-Link, with that every long-time hardcore Zelda fan's least favorite eye-sore, the Champion's Tunic.

Yeah, like I'd really want that kind of Zelda to be the only kind of Zelda to still stand. Uh, how about no thank you. Yes, I understand there are a lot of new BotW Zelda fans. But that doesn't mean that fans from since ALttP, like myself, are going to put up with only BotW style Zelda. Nintendo's still got their old school Zelda fans to feed you know! Which is why 2D Zelda still remains a thing, even now. It's literally all that's left of old school Zelda now. If not for that, then the series would be doomed to die with this 5 years or more waits for literally every Zelda game. Long time fans like myself who are used to getting a new game in more frequent time would lose their sanity. Heck, I'm already losing my sanity from this change. Which is all the more reason why BotW was a bad idea to begin with!

Heck, it only exists the way it does because of so much destructive criticism against Skyward Sword. BotW is everything that SS isn't. But at the same time, BotW is the complete polar opposite of SS. SS is a great game (aside from the motion control issues here and there), BotW is not a great game (at least not as much as people think). SS is linear. BotW is open and barren. SS is fun. BotW isn't. SS has a variety of real music. BotW doesn't. SS has a storage system. BotW doesn't. SS has repair system. BotW doesn't.

BotW tried too much to be the opposite of SS because Nintendo thought everyone hated SS, not realizing that there are people who actually enjoyed SS like myself. All the more reason why SS HD needs to happen. In hopes of making people, including Nintendo themselves realize just how much better SS could've been, while at the same time proving just how SS isn't as bad as people made it out to be. Basically to help people to learn to appreciate the good game that SS actually is. I clapped at the end of my first playthrough of SS. I didn't clap or cheer at all when beating BotW. So that says a lot. BotW just isn't as fun as SS. SS was made with love. While BotW was made with love as well, but mostly for SS haters in spite of SS, with all the SS hate in mind and Nintendo trying to live up to make up for what they thought was a mistake.

Long story short, BotW is okay for it's own thing, but not as a Zelda title. While SS is much better as a Zelda title. In other words, I would've liked BotW the way it was made more if it didn't have Zelda in the title cause it didn't feel like a Zelda game at all! Heck, HW was more of a Zelda game than BotW ever was. And that's a spinoff!
      I think Nintendo just needs to find a balance. SS ended up being linear and boring with its focus on story, leaving the gameplay not very creative. BOTW ended up being weak and lacking with trying to focus on the story but then the gameplay overshadows it. I mean, if they didn't want to have a story in BOTW, then don't have a story.

I'm a SS hater and I can't enjoy BOTW very much. Sure the gameplay is awesome but its melodramatic story (something that SS contains) bogs it down.

Both BOTW and SS have their aspects that felt different from a regular Zelda game, with SS's convoluted and sappy Disney-like story with some anime tropes thrown in there while BOTW also has characters that act like they came out of an anime. SS doesn't feel like a classic Zelda game with its overemphasis on story, linearity, and emptiness while BOTW feels more like a classic Zelda game with its open world but failed to retain a variety of dungeon themes that the classic Zelda have.

PJCLink wrote:

There definitely has to be something Zelda coming next year, whether it's Skyward Sword HD, a new 2D game or both. Here's why:
      1. We haven't gotten any real significant solid Zelda related news since Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition, which was way back, several months ago, even before E3. So we're long overdue for something Zelda. Especially for something new since the last time we got anything that actually new for Zelda was last year. And no, I'm not counting BotW's DLC. When I say "new", I'm talking about new game new. As in the last time being BotW in general.
      2. Next year will be 6 years since ALBW (the latest single player first 2D Zelda), 4 years since TFH (the latest 2D Zelda period), and 2 years since TPHD (the latest Zelda remake).
      3. We now know that Nintendo is at least working on 3 different Zelda titles. The next 3D one, Grezzo's "Create-A-Legend 2" project, and the more recent word on a new Zelda mobile game.
      4. We know that Nintendo is at least working something for 2D Zelda. Aonuma mentioned early last year that the 2D Zelda team is working on something. And both Aonuma and Miyamoto even joked about "Paper Zelda".
      That said, I can almost guarantee that we're definitely getting a 2D Zelda next year. And maybe even Skyward Sword HD. The same way how we got Wind Waker HD and ALBW both in 2013. I can imagine that SSHD would be a very anticipated remaster, so it will receive similar hyping treatment as what WWHD got (sort of). And SSHD could also very well influence and inspire Nintendo to bring back motion controls in the next 3D Zelda.

Anyways, long story short, I'd expect SS HD to be announced in January 2019 and release in May 2019 at the earliest but no later than September. Luigi's Mansion 3 should release in October 2019. And the new 2D Zelda (no matter whatever it may be) would release in November 2019.
      I doubt that SS HD's coming out next year. It's new to be remade. And many people didn't like the motion controls so if they bring them back, they should at least have button controls to go along with them. Sure, the joycons have better accuracy but if I wanted to rest and play a game, I would want an option where you switch to button controls.

The post was edited 3 times, last by PurpleandRed ().

• PurpleandRed wrote:

I doubt that SS HD's coming out next year. It's new to be remade. And many people didn't like the motion controls so if they bring them back, they should at least have button controls to go along with them. Sure, the joycons have better accuracy but if I wanted to rest and play a game, I would want an option where you switch to button controls.
      SS HD has to be the next remake! It's the only console Zelda that released after OoT, before BotW that hasn't been remade yet, other than FSA! And I doubt they'll remake FSA, like ever. So SS has to be next. And it has to be next year! Here's why:
      1. The original failed.
      2. People want it.
      3. 2021 is too long of a wait. They might as just give us a SS sequel instead by that logic.
      4. SS was originally supposed to come much sooner. But we had to wait until 2011 due to motion plus implementation.
      5. SS HD already exists. They showed a few pictures last year at GDC. And it's something that Aonuma already confirmed that he worked on back in 2013. They just haven't announced that they're releasing it yet.
      With all that said, SS HD is coming, and it's gonna be sooner than what people like you would expect. Yeah, WW HD came a decade after the original. And TP HD came a decade after the original. But please know that those two didn't really need remakes. But were remade anyway to introduce them to new fans, as well as to give those who played the originals a reason to play them again. SS on the other hand, was a huge failure and needs to be remade. If not, it'll fall into the darkness of obscurity, along with Zelda II, FS, FSA, PH, ST, and TFH.

SS had potential. Just that most people were really harsh on it the first time cause of how the motion controls were handled. Yeah, your issue is the story and gameplay. But for most, the issue was just the gameplay. SS deserves a second chance while it still can. Sadly, the same can't be said for Zelda II, FSA, PH, ST, and most definitely TFH (even though I actually liked that game).
    • PJCLink wrote:

PurpleandRed wrote:

SS HD has to be the next remake! It's the only console Zelda that released after OoT, before BotW that hasn't been remade yet, other than FSA! And I doubt they'll remake FSA, like ever. So SS has to be next. And it has to be next year! Here's why:
      1. The original failed.
      2. People want it.
      3. 2021 is too long of a wait. They might as just give us a SS sequel instead by that logic.
      4. SS was originally supposed to come much sooner. But we had to wait until 2011 due to motion plus implementation.
      5. SS HD already exists. They showed a few pictures last year at GDC. And it's something that Aonuma already confirmed that he worked on back in 2013. They just haven't announced that they're releasing it yet.
      With all that said, SS HD is coming, and it's gonna be sooner than what people like you would expect. Yeah, WW HD came a decade after the original. And TP HD came a decade after the original. But please know that those two didn't really need remakes. But were remade anyway to introduce them to new fans, as well as to give those who played the originals a reason to play them again. SS on the other hand, was a huge failure and needs to be remade. If not, it'll fall into the darkness of obscurity, along with Zelda II, FS, FSA, PH, ST, and TFH.

SS had potential. Just that most people were really harsh on it the first time cause of how the motion controls were handled. Yeah, your issue is the story and gameplay. But for most, the issue was just the gameplay. SS deserves a second chance while it still can. Sadly, the same can't be said for Zelda II, FSA, PH, ST, and most definitely TFH (even though I actually liked that game).
      Why didn't you think WW and TP needed remakes? Those games are well-received and I love seeing the new features and the better qualities in them.

I do think Skyward Sword is a forgettable game but many people are still talking about it so I don't think it will end up being obscure. Though, I don't know if those lesser-known games you listed had been popular when they first came out since I wasn't following them back then. I only played FS on the 3DS and thought it was pretty mediocre so yeah, I'm not big on it getting a second chance.
    • PurpleandRed wrote:

Huh? I don't think that these are the golden years since TFH, SS, and FS got mixed reviews. Sure they had OOT3D, WWHD, and TPHD but I think Zelda's golden years were 1991-2002. After that, it started stumbling with FS and the games after TP.
      I had to come up with a term, so I called it the 'golden years.' But yeah, that's mostly quantity over quality.
      I do know that for me as a fan, it was an amazing time. I was collecting Zelda Amiibo, I was hyped about BotW and made analysis videos about it... and every year there was a new Zelda game to (re)play.

Now... it's pretty quiet. BotW was amazing and I still play it now and then. The DLC was disappointing. After that, nothing. It's quiet on the front and for me as a fan, that's killing my love for Zelda.
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW

The post was edited 1 time, last by Big Daddy Biggles: Removed unnecessary comment ().