Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Discussion
    2018 US Midterms Reactions thread
    • Maybe we can actually put an end to all of the bullshit that keeps Senate seats red. But that requires withstanding two years of blame heaped on a Democratic Congress when it rightfully belongs to the shitbag in the White House. The Republicans are not above such shitty tactics.
    • MLK Jr. seems apt here:

"...The other force is one of bitterness and hatred, and it comes perilously close to advocating violence. It is expressed in the various black nationalist groups that are springing up across the nation, the largest and best known being Elijah Muhammad's Muslim movement. Nourished by the Negro's frustration over the continued existence of racial discrimination, this movement is made up of people who have lost faith in America, who have absolutely repudiated Christianity, and who have concluded that the white man is an incorrigible devil."

Oh and this reply when it was brought up back in July was just perfect:

Napstablook wrote:

that description of the left isn't inaccurate, and I say that as a leftist. Yes, I'm bitter. Yes, I hate the current establishment. I even advocate violence against oppressors in the name of liberation. I have no faith in this shithole country of America, I eschewed Christianity a long time ago, and the white man is most certainly the devil.
      INACTIVE UNTIL 2021

The post was edited 1 time, last by logicalpencils ().

• logicalpencils wrote:

I'll take the trade in the House for a stronger Senate any day. Pelosi is detestable but she isn't going to be stopping judicial appointments anytime soon.
      At some point the Democrats will control the Senate and Presidency again, and Trump/Republicans can replace retiring judges with crazies in meantime but there's always the nuclear option of Democrats adding seats to the SC if Republicans continue their two-faced hypocrisy when it comes to the court. Be very careful what you wish for.

Post by Vulpes ().

This post was deleted by Viajero de la Galaxia: Response to deleted post ().
    • lord-of-shadow wrote:

the house picks the president in cases where electoral votes are split without a majority, but neither of those have ever actually been relevant in the history of the country.
      HOW CAN YOU FORGET THE ALEXANDER HAMILTON CLASSIC SONG 'the election of 1800'

“Gandalf put his hand on Pippin's head. "There never was much hope," he answered. "Just a fool's hope, as I have been told.”
      ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

• Display Spoiler

logicalpencils wrote:

Oh, by all means, get more angry, get more radical.
      Worked for the Republicans. Unlike the Democratic politicians I'm not afraid of being called angry. Am I angry? Goddamn right I'm angry.

logicalpencils wrote:

Yea yea, that's cool, I'm sure if you say bull like that enough times you'll convince those evil racist Nazi dogs to accept your ridiculous policy proposals (or lack thereof).
      Medicare for all, increasing minimum wage, raising taxes on corporations and closing tax loopholes, tuition free university, removing the regressive 250,000$ cap on social security tax to expand social security, reinstating Glass-Steagall, passing a constitutional amendment to get money out of politics. I can go on forever, but yeah "lack thereof", keep thinking that.

logicalpencils wrote:

Look, just telling you now, those House seats you got were from suburban areas where people were still somehow convinced that the Dem base cared one iota about moderation, civility, or charity. It'll be interesting when they discover that isn't the case.
      Factually incorrect, civility and moderation is what got us Donald Trump. Strength is what took the House back. Just look at the Senate candidates who lost their seats. They're also the ones who voted for people like Gorsuch and countless Trump appointees.

logicalpencils wrote:

MLK Jr. seems apt here:

"...The other force is one of bitterness and hatred, and it comes perilously close to advocating violence. It is expressed in the various black nationalist groups that are springing up across the nation, the largest and best known being Elijah Muhammad's Muslim movement. Nourished by the Negro's frustration over the continued existence of racial discrimination, this movement is made up of people who have lost faith in America, who have absolutely repudiated Christianity, and who have concluded that the white man is an incorrigible devil."

Oh and this reply when it was brought up back in July was just perfect:

Napstablook wrote:

that description of the left isn't inaccurate, and I say that as a leftist. Yes, I'm bitter. Yes, I hate the current establishment. I even advocate violence against oppressors in the name of liberation. I have no faith in this shithole country of America, I eschewed Christianity a long time ago, and the white man is most certainly the devil.

"First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

MLK was a radical, not a moderate, stop whitewashing him. If he weren't murdered Republicans would speak of him how they speak of others on the left "a violent man who hates white people and America" would be how they'd describe him.
    • Silver wrote:

I also don't know if Stefanowski won the governorship in my state or not

On the bright side, my state senator, who is a twat, may have gotten the boot
      I realise nobody cares about Connecticut (not I blame you for that lol), but Stefanowski has conceded the governor race. Also my asshole state senator has officially been given the boot.

I'll be curious to see if Oz Griebel (an independent candidate who got 53.5K votes, or 4%) was a spoiler for Stefanowski, or if he siphoned votes from both of them equally. Either way, CT remains blue for the forseeable future, at least.
    • logicalpencils wrote:

Where are you getting this idea that I'm calling MLK a "moderate"? The very letter I'm quoting has him state he's radical, in that his approach and his principles are radically different from those of the two forces he's describing -- the "white moderates" and the "force of bitterness and hatred".
      You were implying that MLK was a moderate and would be against those who fight for equality today who according to the republicans are "violent mobs" (basically equating current protest groups with the Nation of Islam, which MLK was referring to in that quote) . Its a common talking point from the right that MLK would've been a Republican today and would be against movements like Black Lives Matter, that is nonsense. You didn't say the word moderate, but that's what you were clearly getting at judging by your previous posts in this thread. Just no, the Democrats shouldn't become docile and agreeable, they should fight harder than ever now that they have some power.

Silver wrote:

Silver wrote:

I also don't know if Stefanowski won the governorship in my state or not

On the bright side, my state senator, who is a twat, may have gotten the boot
      I realise nobody cares about Connecticut (not I blame you for that lol), but Stefanowski has conceded the governor race. Also my asshole state senator has officially been given the boot.
      I'll be curious to see if Oz Griebel (an independent candidate who got 53.5K votes, or 4%) was a spoiler for Stefanowski, or if he siphoned votes from both of them equally. Either way, CT remains blue for the forseeable future, at least.
      I care and was following the race :cheers: Glad Ned Lamont won.

SAD!

Post by Kokiri Kid ().

This post was deleted by Viajero de la Galaxia: off topic, this thread is in the SD board and is not a discussion place for exams and whatnot ().