Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Plans for the holidays
    • So, it's absolutely the holidays. Do you guys have any plans for Thanksgiving, Chrimbus, Hanukkah, etc? If you don't live in America, what did you do for your version of Thanksgiving, if you have one? Anything you want to happen this year? What do you like about the holidays, if you even like the holidays to begin with?

November is definitely my month. I plan on making sweets and stuff, and I'm excited for whatever I'm gonna do on the week of Thanksgiving, since that whole week is generally full of feasts and get togethers for me.

And I have no idea what I'm doing for Christmas, but I'm sure I won't be going far, relatively speaking.
    • For Thanksgiving I got together with Foo's family and ate high-calorie foods and drinks.

For Christmas I will get together with my family and do the same. Foo and I will probably put up a small fake tree and make some ornaments for it in our place. My family back home puts up a ridiculous amount of decorations (5 fake indoor trees is normal, the largest having 15-16 strings of lights and 5 to 6 hundred ornaments, many of which are home made (we counted one year)). Baking cookies is essential.

Below are some photos from previous years.

Xmas Sample

The main tree.

A shirt my dad made for the holidays....

Bear tree.

Angel tree.

Home made card holder.

Various decorations. Decorations cover most surfaces from mid-November through Jan.
    • My fiance was involved in a car accident and he probably won't be able to travel much even by December for Christmas and I would never leave him till he's all 110% better (although if I find one of his socks on my kitchen counter again I'm dumping his ass sooooo hard), so my family and his are already planning on coming up to bonny Scotland to have Christmas dinner and celebrations at ours and I CAN'T WAIT!! I'll get to play hostess which I love to do. :3 Get the place all clean and decorated, get a huge Christmas tree, wait on everybody to make sure they're all happy little doves and get everyone's glasses and bellies full of wine and food, and then we all fall out while playing Monopoly and hate eachother for a few hours. Ahhh, Christmas tradition. <3 <3

So my Christmas will likely be a very very busy one, the head count is gonna be like 16 people. But I like that! :) And hopefully me being busy makes everybody else have the most happy, chill, Christmas. Already planning on getting a load of presents for my niece and nephew too. I was going to get them both a Switch each with some games but my brothers weren't keen on them being too spoiled. Gonna do it anyway though. Gotta one up my sister to be #BestAuntie2018 afterall. :3

:deadpool:
      :: makes the :3 face a lot ::

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mercedes ().

• boxes wrote:

For Thanksgiving I got together with Foo's family and ate high-calorie foods and drinks.

For Christmas I will get together with my family and do the same. Foo and I will probably put up a small fake tree and make some ornaments for it in our place. My family back home puts up a ridiculous amount of decorations (5 fake indoor trees is normal, the largest having 15-16 strings of lights and 5 to 6 hundred ornaments, many of which are home made (we counted one year)). Baking cookies is essential.

Below are some photos from previous years.

Xmas Sample

The main tree.

A shirt my dad made for the holidays....

Bear tree.

Angel tree.

Home made card holder.

Various decorations. Decorations cover most surfaces from mid-November through Jan.

This, hmm, are we from the same family? Haha, my family always goes all out with christmas decorations. Mum will do up the inside of their house, and my step-dad does up the outside (to the point our house would get put on light tours in town, actually). The main tree inside is always real (and always stuuuuuuuupid huge) and covered in a bajillion lights and decorations. And then they have a collection handmade ceramic trees that light up, of various sizes.
      Come check out the new book club! The Do Over Book Club
    • @boxes
      Gods, that is a lot of stuff on and around those trees xD

~~~

I'm going home to my family for Yule. It seems like I'll be able to stay for a whole week this time, which has never happened since I lived there, myself. So that's like.. 12 years ago. I'll be able to relax more and get to see some old friends I haven't seen in about 10 years. Also spend some more time with family members I don't see all that often. I'm really looking forward to it :)

Other than that, it's the first December in the new apartment living on my own. I don't really think I have room for a tree, but I might shove one in anyway :p
    • I don't have any plans. I'm not American, so no thanksgivings. For Christmas, I normally go to someone I know, but they'll be seeing a relative. So, I might get a nice meal left for me, but I'll just be spending the day doing what I do on every other day. Well, apart from how everyone I'd be inclined to chat with on the web will certainly be busy doing Christmas stuff. So, I'd be even more lonely that usual.
      Casual Anime (Discord Group) (message me if you want to join)
      All are welcome to join us!
      Bernkastel Reviews
      My Fanfics
    • My first holidays as a single person in 13 years. Gonna suck. Also my first Thanksgiving with celiac disease, which maybe sucks even worse. I'm not doing anything at all for Thanksgiving, I'll probably treat myself to some good old frozen meals from Trader Joe's.

For Christmas I'm heading back to New England to see my mom, sister, and youngest brother, and then down to North Carolina to see my dad and middle brother. It'll probably be fine. Somewhere in the middle I'll probably have lunch with my ex-wife, and see my ex-mother and father in law for some awkward gift exchanging.

Overall: not looking forward to any of it.
    • I'm on call for work thanksgiving weekend (don't worry, I wanted this to happen so I didn't have to travel LMAO) so I'll just be chillin at home. probably will make a giant pizza or something

for Christmas I'll be driving down doing the usual holiday gatherings, nothing special

for new years I'll be doing what I do every year: being depressed and singing to "A Long December" on loop for 6-8 hours. Hopefully I don't cry this year
    • I basically make the holidays. Gotta clean, cook, prep, decorate, set the tree up, buy gifts, wrap gifts --- pretty much every aspect. It's really weird to hear people talk about "going home" for the holidays, because... I am home.

LOL

My son requested seafood Christmas dinner, so it looks like lots of crab legs and butter this year.

:v:

But I love butter. So, let's do it.
    • Hello all,

I did hope that I would be able to return home in time for the Holidays. Sadly, however, I will have to wait until Mid-January instead.

So, for everyone who will be home for Family and loved ones, I wish you all the very best.

I have been away from my loved ones for nearly seven years now, and I miss them much. I often think about them daily, and I can hardly wait to see them in person again.

My nieces and nephews, they grow so quickly. I have a 2nd Cousin, he was born not long before I left, now he is going on seven years of age.

I really hope to see him soon as possible.

I have gone hungry many times, been living in a tent for years (not currently though) , without health insurance and very sick, far from home and loved ones now.

I tell you all, there is nothing more trying in this world than to be alone while all those you love grow up so far away.

If you feel it difficult, for whatever reason to be with those you love, whatever the differences between you are, find a way.

The years go by so quickly.....

Take good care everyone, and best of The Holiday Season!

Tead.
    • This should hopefully be a more chill holiday season for me since i should be all moved into my new place (that's only 10 min from work). So it should be less stress and chaos without trying to squeeze in all that holiday shopping I barely had time for.

In the last few years I've started to really not like this entire month. Usually there's so much going on, birthdays, work Christmas functions, all that shopping, that it just doesn't feel like Christmas. Though that might change this time.

It will also be a tough Christmas for the family as my wife lost her brother earlier this year. So we will be spending lots of time with my in-laws and spending more time together that we wished we had spent before.