Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Your Sequel/Spiritual Successor Wishlist
    • ich Will wrote:

Knights of the Old Republic 3, another Jedi Knight, and Half Life 3. Though I don't care as much as I did when these series were in their prime.
      Yeah man movies aside I really miss the good old Star Wars games. Even people that didn't care for the movies enjoyed that stuff. It's a nice fantasy/sci-fi mix of a universe.

Heck I even enjoyed Force Unleashed to an extent, even if it wasn't on par with Jedi Knight. I would be happy even if we got a sequel to that at this point....
      "Can't post that on a Christian forum."
    • Man,m it's been so long since we've had a great Star Wars game. it's ridiculous, this should be one of the easiest IPs ever to make great games from. I mean, making great games is always hard, but if there were any IP that might make it easier, Star Wars would be it. It's amazing how much the management of that IP in games has been, uh, bungled to hell and back in the last decade.
    • So im sure this has been mentioned a billion times but i have to say it again, im sorry.

Valve!!!! You know what the fans want. We've been dying for this sequel from you and the lack of communication as you focus more on Steam and supporting existing games over creating new ones is leaving many of us feeling ignored and disappointed. Once and for all just give us the answer to the question we've been asking for year after year after year after year...

Where is Ricochet 2?!!!
    • I would be very happy to see the return of the Battle for Middle-Earth, though it's highly unlikely at this point.

I would also like to see Fire Emblem Warriors receive a sequel, if only because it's the only way we'll see fan-favorites like Ike and Hector get added to the roster. Hyrule Warriors getting a sequel as well doesn't sound too shabby either, what with its healthy cast of characters and several maps to build off of.
    • Max N. wrote:

Man,m it's been so long since we've had a great Star Wars game. it's ridiculous, this should be one of the easiest IPs ever to make great games from. I mean, making great games is always hard, but if there were any IP that might make it easier, Star Wars would be it. It's amazing how much the management of that IP in games has been, uh, bungled to hell and back in the last decade.
      I would guess that any enormously popular property like Star Wars comes with a fair amount of meddling from the property owner. The shackles they impose could make it harder than it otherwise would be.
      O Gods dethroned and deceased, cast forth, wiped out in a day
      From your wrath is the world released, redeemed from your chains, men say.
      New Gods are crowned in the city; their flowers have broken your rods;
      They are merciful, clothed with pity, the young compassionate Gods.
      But for me their new device is barren, the days are bare;
      Things long past over suffice, and men forgotten that were.

Algernon Charles Swinburne, "Hymn to Proserpine"
    • I know it probably won't happen, but I'd love to see a Pokemon Conquest II. It was one of the better Pokemon spin offs, and I'd love to see a sequel.

Super Mario RPG 2 also goes without saying, and with Nintendo and Square Enix playing nice lately, it's not as completely impossible as it used to be.

I'd also like to see a Super Princess Peach 2. The first was actually a really fun little platformer, and it's awesome whenever I get to see Peach as a playable character. Maybe in a sequel they could have Daisy as a second player option, and face off against Bowsette!

This would count more as a remake, but I would love to see FFVI get remade with more modern-style graphics. Not necessarily full 3D (though that would be beyond awesome!), but even something along the same lines as ALBW would be cool.

BotW Zelda in her purple Hylian Tunic, by my husband, DarkSilver.

"Breath of the Wild: "Zelda's Redemption" Chapter 3 now up!

After Calamity Ganon's defeat, a devastated Zelda must come to terms with her ruined kingdom, dead friends, and the resentment of the Hero who had saved her, but lost his fiancee. When all hope seems lost, she comes across a legend of a holy relic that can set things right, if she can find the ancient keys to access it. With the help of new friends, and without Link, can Zelda finally become a legend, on her own terms?
    • Brett wrote:

Banjo Threeie, anyone?

Not the abomination of Nuts and Bolts.
      Too bad it would be an Xbox/PC-exclusive. And my faith is at an all time low that current developers are capable of making amazing collectathons as they used to (mainly Rare). Yooka Laylee was a real disappointment (the supposed spiritual revival of Banjo Kazooie) and Rare is not what they used to be (Nuts and Bolts lol). I have yet to play A Hat in Time (whenever it finally shows up on the Switch). In terms of bigger budget projects, the best we have got so far in modern times is probably Super Mario Odyssey, and I was pretty disappointed in that game. It is good yes, but nothing close to Banjo Tooie (which I find superior to Kazooie) or Donkey Kong 64. Apparently A Hat in Time has a decent length, so perhaps it will do what Odyssey simply couldn't for me.

Despite me being a "3D-guy", it would be neat if Nintendo actually tried to make some pretty ambitious 2D-Zelda again, that is not a copycat or semi-remake of an earlier title. I want something fresh and new (including artstyle)... and more work put into it. But leave this to another studio and let Aonuma & co focus on BotW's successor.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MVS ().

• Oh dear I have so many ideas, let's start with just a couple.

Okami, or anything LIKE Okami really. I just want more stuff with that beautiful art style

Fallout 1 & 2. Lots of people tried, I don't think anyone has succeeded. There are two games that seem to be very similar, Encased and Atom, neither are complete, one just finished it's kickstarter the other has been in early access for a very long time.

Bioshock 1 & 2, tonally, Prey 2017 is more like System Shock 2, and Bioshock Infinite... wasn't very good.

I know people love to rag on Bioshock 2s story I guess because it doesn't have a twist like the others but it was serviceable. Dad wants to save daughter, crazy philosopher and her cult gets in the way. I actually felt like I had more of a concrete goal in 2 than 1 which consisted of survive(?)

I also feel that people love to forget Minerva's Den which on it's own was worth my purchase of the collection all those years ago.

I think that's it for the moment...