Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Your Sequel/Spiritual Successor Wishlist
    • Describe the sequels that you're still hoping to see.

Here's mine.

Mario RPG 2.
      I'd love to see Nintendo and Square-Enix collaborate again for another Mario RPG. While Paper Mario was good, there's just something I absolutely loved about the original Mario RPG. The music, the art, the battle system, it just had a certain charm to it making it one of my favourite rpgs of all time. Give me a similar looking game (just HD version of the art) and make it a much longer game and I'll be happy.

Star Fox (but meets Ace Combat).
      I've always enjoyed Starfox but have always felt too restricted in where you can go. I know the direction of the game has been a more on the rails type arcade flight shooter but I want to take to the skies and chase bandits 60,000 feet above the surface of Corneria. Give the arwings the fast maneuverability but let them fly anywhere. Also add 4 player coop to this.

Amped 4.
      Not much to say here but I want to relive the fun I enjoyed with Amped 2.

Fable (but done right)
      Fable seems to be one of those games that could have been absolutely excellent but just took some wrong directions in their sequels. I'd love another game in the world of Albion, but with a really solid rpg and battle system, and back in the medieval times. Perhaps a bit more open world too.

Diablo 4.
      This game is probably in development. I just hope they ditch the Diablo 3 art style and make me feel like how I felt when I played Diablo 2. Keep it dark and gritty and give me endless hours of dungeon crawling.
    • ...Huh, I thought I'd have lots to say here, but most games I really love were self-contained experiences that set out to do something and did it well enough that I see no real need for a followup. Either that, or sequels have been confirmed or are ludicrously likely.

I suppose NieR: Automata doesn't have a confirmed sequel, and I'd love for it to have one. Given how popular it was some sort of followup seems inevitable, but given Yoko Taro and his team, who knows what that'll be like. It's not as if Automata is the sequel anyone predicted to NieR: Gestalt. That said, the story Automata tells is complete, and I very much don't want the characters to be revisited. There are a few loose story threads that could be woven into a new plot, but I want the protagonists and antagonists to be different.

Earth Defense Force: I've only played the 4th game in this series, but it was good, mindless, fun about using high-tech weapons to fight giant alien insects. I'd be all-in on a sequel with a higher budget.

Warriors games. Lately it seems like every Japanese series has had a Warriors spinoff, but I wouldn't mind some others. They're, again, good mindless fun, and the spinoffs let them play with the formula a bit. I just wish they weren't quite so formulaic in some ways. Still, I could see them working for...almost all Nintendo properties, almost all Square-Enix properties, and so many different TV shows. Though the fact that new Warriors games will be made is pretty much inevitable.

That's all I've got off-hand, really.

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!

The post was edited 1 time, last by John ().

• Metal Gear Rising 2
      Outsource everything to Platinum. It couldn't do any worse than Metal Gear Survive.

Tokyo Xanadu 2
      This is probably actually happening some time this millennium. But I want it more now that Falcom's behemoth Trails of Cold Steel is finally wrapped up. It's also basically the successor to the wonderful Zwei also from them, so yes please don't let either die.

Strider 2(?)
      Y'know, Strider Hiyru. The guy in most Capcom crossovers. The 2014 reboot game was really really fun. Bit linear but a solid Metroidvania. If Capcom is really starting to make effort again, I'd want another of these. Please buy Strider 2014.

Sonic Mania 2
      This will also hopefully happen in the foreseeable future. Just make it wholly original levels. Green Hill Zone should be illegal for at least the next 25 years

The post was edited 1 time, last by Typhoon Sam ().

• I mean, Falcom is done with Cold Steel, but there's still gotta be at least 4-6 more Trails games before they wrap up the whole metaplot, surely.

Still, yeah, Tokyo Xanadu was a fun-enough ARPG that could use a sequel.

And yeah, a new rebooted Strider would be grand.

Hmm.

Oh, a Splatoon rhythm game. Not quite a sequel, but it's something I'd very much love to have. They have the music, they have the characters, they have the aesthetics, they even have rhythm minigames, just...make a full rhythm game with music videos, cowards!

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!
    • Someday, Chibi-Robo! will get a sequel worthy of its name. I hope.

In the meantime, I'll accept an English translation of Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Ōsōji!
      When the gods drave me forth to toil and assailed me with thirst and beat me down with hunger, then I prayed to the gods. When the gods smote the cities wherein I dwelt, and when Their anger scorched me and Their eyes burned, then did I praise the gods and offer sacrifice. But when I came again to my green land and found that all was gone, and the old mysterious haunts wherein I prayed as a child were gone, and when the gods tore up the dust and even the spider's web from the last remembered nook, then did I curse the gods, speaking it to Their faces, saying:—

"Gods of my prayers! Gods of my sacrifice! because Ye have forgotten the sacred places of my childhood, and they have therefore ceased to be, yet may I not forget. Because Ye have done this thing, Ye shall see cold altars and shall lack both my fear and praise. I shall not wince at Your lightnings, nor be awed when Ye go by."

Time and the Gods

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vulpes ().

• Kid Icarus Uprising sequel
      F-Zero for the Switch
      Advance Wars for the Switch
      The Mysterious Murasame Castle reboot or sequel
      Mega Man X9
      Mega Man Maverick Hunter X2 to X5
      Mega Man ZX 3
      Breath of Fire VII (as long as it isn't as god awful as Dragon Quarter and BoF6 are)
      Captain Commando reboot
      Strider 2014 sequel
      Power Stone 3
      Rival Schools 3
      Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 2
      Capcom vs. SNK 3
      Thunder Force VII
      Phantasy Star reboot in the same spirit as the original quadrilogy
      Gradius VI
      A Castlevania set in 1999
      Neo Turf Masters 2
      Neo Geo Battle Colosseum 2
      Transformers Devastation sequel
      Deus Ex: Mankind Divided sequel

The post was edited 12 times, last by Makuta Teridax ().

• Jetstream Sam wrote:

Metal Gear Rising 2
      Outsource everything to Platinum. It couldn't do any worse than Metal Gear Survive.
      YES!!!!!!!!

-A Jak & Daxter sequel. Naughty Dog did have a fourth Jak & Daxter game in the works at some point before they made Last of Us but they realized that their vision at the time wouldn't work well with the fans so they decided to scrap. I like that they put consideration of the fans over what they wanted but they could still try again.

-I wouldn't mind another Batman Arkham series game. I haven't played Arkham Knight yet but Warner Bros could try and redeem themselves after what happened with that game.

-Another Pokemon Stadium game for Gen VII. I don't care if 3D Pokemon battles are nothing new anymore, I wan't another Pokemon Stadium game dammit!

Also....

-Kingdom Hearts 3!
      :v:
      ~Rimshot~
    • I brought this up in another thread not too long ago, but I wish someone would resurrect the Boktai series in some way. Lunar Knights worked well for what it was, but I'd like to see another game (or more) in the style of the original three, albeit probably using the LN solar energy mechanic in lieu of the controversial sensor. There's just so much in both lore and gameplay that can be done!
    • I'd love another Sin and Punishment game. Star Successor was an absolute blast on the Wii, that was an instance where motion control genuinely enhanced the game mechanics.

I'm published! Check out -
      THE LEGEND OF LIGHT
      Book One, The Echoes of Light, available in Paperback and on Kindle - Book 2 out late 2018
      Read the first five chapters for free
    • The original two Paper Mario games. A sad fate the series has been met with post-TTYD. This series was so good. It's so sad to see it go to waste.

The Sims. This series has also really gone downhill, and it is the only series of its kind. There are no alternatives. This needs to be fixed one way or another.

Golden Sun. The series did not deserve to be put to death with Dark Dawn. Dark Dawn wasn't really that bad, anyway.

Kirby 64. So far the only Kirby game I've ever played that I really cared for. I would like to see another title like this.
    • Envy wrote:

The original two Paper Mario games. A sad fate the series has been met with post-TTYD. This series was so good. It's so sad to see it go to waste.
      I really liked Super Paper Mario... Although I'll admit the battle system in The Thousand-Year Door makes for generally more interesting gameplay, or at least combat, than in Super Paper Mario.
      When the gods drave me forth to toil and assailed me with thirst and beat me down with hunger, then I prayed to the gods. When the gods smote the cities wherein I dwelt, and when Their anger scorched me and Their eyes burned, then did I praise the gods and offer sacrifice. But when I came again to my green land and found that all was gone, and the old mysterious haunts wherein I prayed as a child were gone, and when the gods tore up the dust and even the spider's web from the last remembered nook, then did I curse the gods, speaking it to Their faces, saying:—

"Gods of my prayers! Gods of my sacrifice! because Ye have forgotten the sacred places of my childhood, and they have therefore ceased to be, yet may I not forget. Because Ye have done this thing, Ye shall see cold altars and shall lack both my fear and praise. I shall not wince at Your lightnings, nor be awed when Ye go by."

Time and the Gods
    • Another addition to the Mega Man X series would be great as long as they stick to the original formula. It never gets old for me.

God of War 5 - Will most likely happen anyways, but I want it similar to 4's formula

Ninja Gaiden 4 - Razor Edge was playable, but a 4th addition that follows the style of 1 & 2 would make my year. I'd pay $100 for more material for that experience.

Terranigma - Those line of games always had a great story. I wouldn't mind more from this universe.

Starfox - A true formula repeat or the Ace Combat style someone recommended above would be solid. A good flying shooter with co-op would be awesome.

Wayne Gretzky 3d hockey or NFL Blitz - I miss the days of arcade sports games and racers. I respect the style of current games with complex button control and detail focus, but I miss the days of mindless smash gaming. I spent more time with friends on the Blitz series than Madden for sure.

Conflict series: Except for Denied Ops, Conflict Desert storm and all those games were a blast with their co-op mode.

@Hoju yes on Pilotwings. We just don't get games like this and Blast Corps anymore. I'd sacrifice graphics for game play like those any day.
    • Star Fox Assault. I really like the direction that game went with the Star Fox series, the slightly darker tone, the rotating cast of characters, the on-foot gameplay, and the extensive multiplayer.

A spiritual successor to Star Fox Adventures. I like knowing a planet in Star Fox really well, since we usually just fly through them blowing stuff up. Also, the planet Titania is just begging for an Adventures-style adventure.

Xenoblade Chronicles X. Direct sequel. That game has questions that need answers.

Link's Crossbow Training 2, featuring BotW Hyrule.
      Goddess of the Sands

Map of Thyphlo Ruins

Forest Architects

If you have Amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits on Wii U, you can reset which games your amiibo unlock by deleting the game and then redownloading it.