Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Zelda
    • General Artwork
    The Legend of Zelda: ________
    • Ah, The legend of Zelda. Such an amazing franchise. It has shapee me and others as people. It's helped inspire so many young minds (and older ones too) from the very start on the NES, to the Switch, It is one heck of a series. But, do you eveer find yourself saying, 'Oh, If only that boss had that ability' or 'I would have put something here if I was a Nintendo dev' Well, now all your Zelda dreams can become a reality! You get to decide what Link looks like! You get to make the Water temple even more devilish! You could even make Link have a cucco pet! The choice is yours, all it takes is some imagination and teamwork! This is the place where we are planning a new ZELDA GAME!*

Staff:
      Violothesheikahboy: Producer and Director

Gameplay Team:
      Embalistico: Enemy and dungeon design

Streak: Overworld design

_twilit_: Item and combat design.

Art team:

RealmWings: Lead art design and conceptual art

[VACANT] : Villan and Boss design

Luffy: NPC design

MOREPHLINK: General maping and NPC design.

Story team:

Setras: Main story and lore design/writer

Fal Cie : Timeline and world building

MOREPHLINK: Story and lore design
      Display Spoiler
      *THIS GAME IS CONCEPT ONLY. NO ONE IS TOO PROGRAMME OR REALISE THIS GAME FOR LEGAL REASONS. BE SENSIBLE, BECUASE NINTENDO WILL SCREW YOU'RE ASS IN COURT!
      "I was defeated by the mere sight of the innkeepers skirt length!"
      -Qrow Branwen

"I know this might be hard to believe, General, but uh... I'm not the biggest fan of local law enforcement."
      -Roman Torchwick

The post was edited 11 times, last by Violothesheikahboy ().

• Well, let's not be hasty; we'll clutter the thread with too many deviations with a question that broad.

As the lead art designer, what might be of more value to discuss for your work specifically would be "what is fundamental to a Zelda artstyle, and what can we do to make a functional, attractive artstyle for this particular game?"

This question, of course, is intermixed with other questions, particularly the game design and the game lore (the latter of which I was given charge of) -- the artstyle should suit the needs of the game, and the lore and artstyle should build off of each other. MM, for example, has a dark artstyle and a dark story, but the actual in-game design still allows for a range of lightings so as to not hinder the play experience.

I concur with Kitty's question -- we should first seek for direction from the director, Violo, whether that be asking us to brainstorm fun game mechanics, or giving us a certain vision for the project. Other minor things, such as the "internal name" for this project (we aren't going to decide the real subtitle until the end, I suspect), or a formal assignment procedure so new people joining can be given clear roles like Realm and I have, would also be appreciated.

I do have some game design and lore ideas brewing, but I'll hold off until we're all clear on exactly what we're doing first.
      INACTIVE UNTIL 2021

The post was edited 3 times, last by logicalpencils ().

• Sorry guys, I fell asleep. Right! @GamerKitty205, I think I'm putting you on boss and villan design.

In terms of core structure, I'm thinking of and 8 dungeon 3D game. Art style, for me that's a pull from either OotT-ish or Twilight Princess-ish. Feel free to contribute any ideas and/or original art styles. @Skywing, It's your job to recuit other staff members, if you want. We need more artists!

I would like to have quite a few side quests and the main story to be long. I also think that we are either going bright and Bubbly, or dark and deppressing in the mood of the game.

What do you think thus far?
      -Qrow Branwen

"I know this might be hard to believe, General, but uh... I'm not the biggest fan of local law enforcement."
      -Roman Torchwick
    • Exactly. Twilight Princess used it's art to convey a feeling of decay and darkness. It made you feel like you were saving a trapped, dying world. Of course there were lighter parts of the game to take the edge off.

So everyone! We need to decide! Are we going for light and bubbly rated E, Or dark and dangerous rated T?
      -Qrow Branwen

-Roman Torchwick
    • Every Zelda game has one unique concept that makes it stand out from the rest. Wind Waker had the sailing, and was the closest thing to an open world zelda that had been released at that point (barring the original). Even Spirit Tracks had the train. BOTW had voice acting, breakable weapons, and was fully open world. I think a good place to start would be determining what makes this game stand out among others. From there, the world will naturally develop, then the story and characters.
      Also, I'd love to help with the art!
    • Oh dear, this is already stressing me out and we haven't even said anything.

To answer the director's question on artstyle, it's been a while since we've had a decidedly moody artstyle (though from my profile pic you can clearly see I prefer the opposite); we can definitely do something new with a dark direction, and I've got some story ideas abrewing.

Alright, so basics of level design is an 8 dungeon structure, with a long story and of course sidequests. But we should answer first what experience we really want the players to have -- if we want a fresh, open-world concept like BoW, then the way the story is conveyed and the dungeons are designed have to match that concept; if we want a time-constrained panic like MM then these elements must fit that. So I'm hesitant to go anywhere with the story, or even the art, if we don't have a good setup for a fun experience to build the world around.
    • Right, Luffy, You're on character design! Setras, You're on backstory (ie. What dungeons have connections what and timeline continuity)

It's decided, we're merging MM with TP for art style! That opens some things up. We're going to need LOTS of big side roles and stories to successfully create a deep, dark world.

Gimics, well.....music is going to be big. @jarnumber9 I know you're talented, could you or would you help us? Any one who knows any other musicians, get them on board! I'd also like to have something like.....hmm......... GOT IT! Building on BoTW memories, Link must visit places around the world to recover the Seven sages memories. Once they have all been recovered, the sage is awakened and the next dungeon is opened. Then the sage becomes a companion for that dungeon. However, you can take control of that sage and swap bodies, taking new abilities and attacks. Then you fight the boss blah blah blah. But.... when you complete the dungeon, you get the ability to summon that sage and play as them at any time. Of course each one has its disadvantages, but you have to find the right situation. This is gimic 1. We need say, three more gimics, and then we'll decide which one we want. So, everyone okay with that?
      -Qrow Branwen

-Roman Torchwick
    • I feel like lots of times when fans think about how they would make their own game, we fall into the trap of relying too heavily on connections to other games and timeline continuity, passing over what makes a Zelda game a Zelda game and how to make it a unique and self-validating experience.
      That's why I'm hesitant on the sage memories idea: It doesn't offer anything unique. It's the same thing as in BotW.