Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    IC Thread: Random Role-Playing!
    • Ah, yes. Dubbing. Depending on the Anime it was better than Subbing. But it was also inferior to subbing in some ways too. There was an ongoing internet debate about it. Grant didn't care. But, the question was not related to the debate so this information was merely grants ADD mind wandering off.

"Well, Anime is made in Japan so the lines are originally said in Japanese." Grant said. "As such the mouth movement is made to fit Japanese words, not English. However, since most Americans don't speak Japanese, the American Dub removes the Japanese dialouge and replaces it with English dialouge. They try to get it as close as possible to the original but there are still a few discrepancies. You usually have to look really close to see them."
    • "Oh!" Ariana exclaimed softly. She had never realized that humans 1) spoke entirely different languages since, as an angel, she just automatically knew every language subconsciously and 2) that humans could know more than one language before and decipher from one to the other and vice-versa. Suddenly, all those people on the news channels repeating each other made a whole lot more sense now. "That might explain why I have never seen such a captivating art style before."
    • Renold Briggs Was nearing the crest of the dune. Not much to do today. He'd had a cup of coffee in the morning, read the newspaper. Went to the tavern to check for jobs. Found one he liked. Normal day. His client wanted some precious family ornament from some crime lord. Easy enough. And the pay was alright. Like a lot of his clients, they demanded to meet up in strange places. This one wanted to meet by the beach. Okay..... not as weird as the guy who took him to a skydiving class for his breifing. As he reached the top of the hill he saw the collection of people down there. "What the hell?" Great. All sorts of weird and wonderfull guys and galls were gathered down on the beach. And before Ren knew what was happening, he was running down there to see what was going on.
      "I was defeated by the mere sight of the innkeepers skirt length!"
      -Qrow Branwen

"I know this might be hard to believe, General, but uh... I'm not the biggest fan of local law enforcement."
      -Roman Torchwick
    • Belladonna Calico had been painting on a beach before hearing several people father along the beach. As she walked down the beach she quickly realized that she wasn't on Murder anymore. Eh, that didn't really matter. She'd seen weirder stuff. From a little ways away she saw a group of odd looking characters. Turning invisible she continued to the group and proceeded to look around.

Belladonna saw that there was a few people just standing around, another group playing a game and couple of people watching something. She sat down and reappeared, ignoring the fact that most people would be alarmed if someone appeared out of nowhere. Belladonna would deal with introductions later.
    • As Ren ran-half fell down onto the beach, he realised how foolish he was being, and then quickly regained his composure. From a glance there seemed to be a rag-tag group of cosplayers. Untill he saw there very real weapons. Oh dear.......maybe his client was killed by these....... Cosplayers? And then he realised that some of there costumes, well, weren't costumes! There were real fantasy races! Well, this wasn't very surprising. He had fought, and killed a living dragon in Russia once. Now THAT was a weird day. His client had seen it near his land, and wanted it dead. Wondrous job No.1. He spotted a..... cat woman? Appear out of no where in the midst of the group. Well that was new. Maybe it had something to do with his power? He walked over to her, and called, "Hey! Can you tell me what the friggin hell is going on here?"
      -Qrow Branwen

"I know this might be hard to believe, General, but uh... I'm not the biggest fan of local law enforcement."
      -Roman Torchwick
    • "Nope!" Belladonna said curtly. "I just ended up here."

Belladonna could see that this person was either very surprised to see so many odd people or anxious. She was going to assume anxious. The guy seemed to have a cool sword made of of an odd material, one she'd never seen at least. Oh, maybe he was an assassin or something, it would be nice to meet a fellow murder here. After all most people who had weapons on Murder either were prepared for self defense or planning on killing someone, much like herself.

"Your sword is really cool! Are you a warrior or assassin or something?" Belladonna asked this like someone would if they wanted to know where someone had gotten a shirt they liked.
    • An was excitedly handing out candy to whoever accepted her gift now, and Brocc knew before the day was done he would need to buy more from the bulkfoods section otherwise the little lion would have a tantrum.

While the Shishi wouldn’t hurt a fly, she did forget her own strength at times.

Glancing over at the woman who gave him an uneasy feeling (especially the way she looked at him when their eyes met - it was like she knew) it seemed she was distracted by anime. Which seemed confusing because a beautiful man (him) was right here but he decided he didn’t want her attention. For once.

An, however, did, and wandered over holding out the hot candy for them to take before being immediately distracted by the moving pictures. Plopping down in front of the small phone not unlike a cat, she bent down and sniffed it before laying down in the sunniest spot.

Brocc, on the other hand, decided to try his luck with some other beach babes. Approaching the woman who took An’s candy, he took a look of concern.

“Hey you alright?”

:heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
      Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
      Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
    • "I'm not going to disclose my job here, lady. My sword?" He was suprised that some stranger was interested in his weapon. "Your a cat. I suppose I can trust you with magic. It's made from Mythrill. It's near indestructible and it never dulls." He looked this new person over. "Cute bracelet. Where'd you get it?" He wasn't sure, but something about her eyes and that bracelet made him feel uneasy. I'm being silly, he thought. She's just a girl. Or is she. He had learnt from experience that you shouldn't always trust your eye.
      -Qrow Branwen

-Roman Torchwick
    • Belladonna smiled a wide and very, very unsettling smile.

"Well first off I'm a cat person, not just a cat and my bracelet is a gift from a friend and accomplice." Belladonna said cheerfully.

The bracelet disappeared from her wrist and a scythe a lot taller than the girl appeared in her hand.

"It's also a scythe! I'm not sure what it's made out of, but I like to think that the red color comes from the blood of the many people it's killed," Belladonna said happily.
    • Fun. "Look.... I kill for a living, okay. But.... I'm no psychopath, I have remorse. I came here for a job." Now he was unsettled. If everyone else here was some crazed killer, he was in for the fight of his life. Best to make some friends in case things started going pear-shaped. He leaned in and whispered right next to her ear. "I'm not a fool. I saw you go invisible. How long have you had that power? Where did you get it?" He stepped away and resumed a causal expression.
      -Qrow Branwen

-Roman Torchwick
    • He, he had just asked about Belladonna's invisibility power, about how she had gotten them. Those were very very bad memories she didn't want to have anymore. Belladonna was trying her very best not to completely freak out, but it was really hard. Belladonna was giggling though, not a happy kind a insane breaking down kind of laugh. She kept giggling for a bit before answering.

"I-It was an... experiment.... Not nice memories... Don't ask again please," Belladonna said having stopped giggling. "Do you have any powers?"
    • This was going to be hard. "Um...yes. I can also turn invisible." Suddenly, he felt that this girl was... not quite as mindlessly insane. Maybe there was a reason she was so seemingly twisted. "Err.... are you okay? Do you want some water or something?" The job wasn't important any more. He would find out about his client later. If he was dead? He would take that job with the "frost troll" in the morning.......
      -Qrow Branwen

-Roman Torchwick
    • Jens was surprisingly good at cooking fish. He speared fish through and held them over the fire, then he'd throw them from his sword to his flameblade and cook them inside. Eventually, he had a whole batch. And... it was a lot. He had gotten carried away. He couldn't very well eat it all by himself. So he decided to share.

"Hey!" He called out to the rest of the beach. "I realize I haven't been the most friendliest person here, but would anyone like some fish?"
    • Ren turned away from the cat lady. "Hey you! Fish? Hang on." He looked at everyone there and called, "Hell yes! I'm hungry!" He took off his sunglasses and waved to the crowd Time for letting go. "Hi! I'm Ren! How are you!"
      -Qrow Branwen

-Roman Torchwick
    • "Alright then." Jens said, in what was likely a short post. (No, this isn't a fourth wall break. It's not Jens' words, it's mine, the narrator's) "I have cod, and tuna, and bass, and all sorts of fish that should not be found in an ocean."

He slid a couple of fish onto a plate and handed them to the girl. Conveniently, there was a table near by. Somehow this place was convenience central. The goddeses or something had to be influencing this place.

"I'm Jens by the way." He said, figuring it would be polite to introduce himself. "Who are you?"

Then the guy showed up and Jens handed some fish to the guy.

"Names Jens." He said, introducing himself yet again.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BackSet ().

• "I'm Belladonna Calico! Not Bella, Belladonna. Don't call Bella. Nice to meet both of you!" Belladonna said happily slicing the fish with a claw.

The fish was really yummy! Maybe that was just because she was a cat person, but maybe it was because the fish were magical. They were living on an interdimensional beach after all. Or that's what it seemed like. None of these people seemed to be from this dimension and they were all here so, that might be it.
    • "Thanks, Jens. Renold Briggs here!" He put his sunglasses back on and shook hands with Jens. He strolled over to the table and started eating. "Wait. Come on!" He looked to the crowd and waved them to table. "Join us! It's good!" He stared at the group. And smiled broadly. This beats killing mercenaries.
      -Qrow Branwen

-Roman Torchwick
    • Aleena looked at the man as she rolled the candy in her mouth before tucking it into the back so that she could speak. "Never better. Why do you ask?" she said while giving him a weary glance, still in naught but her swimsuit.

----------

Ariana, meanwhile, found herself transfixed on the tiny screen; enough so that she did not notice anyone or anything else that happened around her. "This 'anime' thing. Is it just the one show, or are there a multitude in the same, or similar art style?" she inquired.
    • "Because heaven is a long fall from here," Brocc replied, never one to be dissuaded from using terrible pick-up lines. Of course, no pick-up line which came out of his mouth was terrible but incredibly romantic and sexy - just like himself. "Also if you have a map, I'd greatly appreciate it; I'm lost in your eyes."

:heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
      Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
      Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews