Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Majora's Mafia Day 5 - Town Wins!
  • Kae wrote:

BackSet wrote:

Sólsetur wrote:

The only rules in the game are the ones I've specifically outlined in various places where the game takes place
    Oh.Then the Ghostwhisperer is Viol.

That is my statement as a former dead man.
    Why the hell did you just out this information.
    Because he's also a poisoner and I don't recall him ever revealing his alignment.

Unless your role reveales alignments.

Sig by TruEdge67, Glorious Newbie Overlord
  • I don't think we should be focussing primarily on the dead players either, since presumably most of them are town because night deaths should be the result of Mafia kills. I don't think it's wise to just 100% colour them all in as confirmed town and honestly I think we could have done more with the roles if Kae hadn't forced them to be revealed right away, e.g. the way BackSet was able to claim and then have Orion confirm his role.
  • So here's my list of people we should vote for:
    2. Cody
    3. Lysis
    4. Hollowman
    5. GregariousTree
    7. Sabbo
    8. Scribe
    10. Mordred
    14. Realmwings
    15. Epicstar

Here are the end votes from Day 1:
    Violo [6]: epicstar, BackSet, GamerKitty, Stasis, Lysis, Solsetur (it was previously Hist, but Violo replaced Hist)
    BackSet [6]: RealmWings, Froyo, Kae, Gregarious, Mordred, Soletur

(Only pulling the top two). One we now know is the Ghost Whipser / Poisoner
    The other, we know is the Universal Backup.

From that, I would guess that Realmwings, Gregarious, and Mordred are mafia.

Let's see if this pattern holds true, come Day 2 votes:
    Froyo [3]: Lady Sunshine, Orion, Cody
    Quik [3]: Lysis, RealmWings, epicstar, Solsetur
    Cody [2]: Mordred, Froyo

(Only pulling in the top three).
    Oh look at that, Quik, who died is more than likely town since he was on the list of people I removed for being highly likely town thanks to Orion's reveal.
    Who voted for Quik. Again, RealmWings.

And here's day 3 results:
    The following people voted to kill the Ghost Whisper / Poisoner, and the runner up tried to prevent that from happening:
    Violo [8]: Stasis, Cody, Sabbo, epicstar, RealmWings, Orion, Froyo, Solsetur
    epicstar [3]: Mordred, Gregarious, epicstar (self-vote)

Based on this, I take back my thought on Cody being mafia.
    Would bet my cat Hobbes that Realmwings and Mordred are though.

[unvote] Cody [/unvote]
    [vote] Realmwings [vote]
  • Mordred wrote:

I did call you out for both your votes on me and Violo, mostly because I feel like you should know better as a townie.
    Why's that? Voting for you on Day 1 when it was the last half of the day and I was encouraging you to vote is something I've done in most of my recent games. Go back through my games and that's the kind of Day 1 thing I do.

And in the case of Violo, you seemed to be mad that I wasn't voting for epicstar to "get information", but by the time I'd voted he had already answered the "pressure questions", so I supported moving the question to someone else. I woke up at 8am ready to be there for the last part of the day and make a more concrete vote, but there was some kind of hammer or something and the day ended at 5:30am.

Again, these two examples you list are harmless pressure votes to prompt people to contribute. They're something I'm notable for doing and not anything particular to me being Town or Mafia.
  • Cody wrote:

Please someone if you're going to point a finger at me please give me something to work with other than a "read". I can respond to questions or concerns but I don't have anything I can say if I'm being presented with a read.
    Didn't you just vote for people before (like Mordred and me) without asking questions or anything of the sort just because "no leads, just another day 1" yourself tho :B You didn't ask questions until prompted to either. Sounds a bit off, Codyman :P

As Mordred said, I don't think you've really been working towards getting information anymore than reactions out of people and that's uncool.

[Vote]DANGEROUS CODY[/Vote]

@Lady Sunshine Any specifics as to why I'm/was suspicious? What did you mean by "where the votes lead"?

Anyways, I'd rather not vote for the people night killed in the previous cycle, let's focus on finding new people to drive information from this time. Like Kae, if anyone votes for the people in the list of the dead at night, I'll go after you.
  • Kae wrote:

So here's my list of people we should vote for:
    2. Cody
    3. Lysis
    4. Hollowman
    5. GregariousTree
    7. Sabbo
    8. Scribe
    10. Mordred
    14. Realmwings
    15. Epicstar

Here are the end votes from Day 1:
    Violo [6]: epicstar, BackSet, GamerKitty, Stasis, Lysis, Solsetur (it was previously Hist, but Violo replaced Hist)
    BackSet [6]: RealmWings, Froyo, Kae, Gregarious, Mordred, Soletur

(Only pulling the top two). One we now know is the Ghost Whipser / Poisoner
    The other, we know is the Universal Backup.

From that, I would guess that Realmwings, Gregarious, and Mordred are mafia.

Let's see if this pattern holds true, come Day 2 votes:
    Froyo [3]: Lady Sunshine, Orion, Cody
    Quik [3]: Lysis, RealmWings, epicstar, Solsetur
    Cody [2]: Mordred, Froyo

(Only pulling in the top three).
    Oh look at that, Quik, who died is more than likely town since he was on the list of people I removed for being highly likely town thanks to Orion's reveal.
    Who voted for Quik. Again, RealmWings.

And here's day 3 results:
    The following people voted to kill the Ghost Whisper / Poisoner, and the runner up tried to prevent that from happening:
    Violo [8]: Stasis, Cody, Sabbo, epicstar, RealmWings, Orion, Froyo, Solsetur
    epicstar [3]: Mordred, Gregarious, epicstar (self-vote)

Based on this, I take back my thought on Cody being mafia.
    Would bet my cat Hobbes that Realmwings and Mordred are though.
    ....how does any of this make Cody less suspicious?
    You, yourself, have stated that Froyo is town, and Cody has been known to vote for townies on all 3 days, yet this somehow absolves him of suspicion?

Cody wrote:

And in the case of Violo, you seemed to be mad that I wasn't voting for epicstar to "get information", but by the time I'd voted he had already answered the "pressure questions", so I supported moving the question to someone else. I woke up at 8am ready to be there for the last part of the day and make a more concrete vote, but there was some kind of hammer or something and the day ended at 5:30am.
    This has nothing to do with epicstar, this has to do with you jumping on a vote that I considered to have a very low chance of granting any results at all (his breakdown was very likely either a lie or the moon is town-aligned so it was basically a waste of time).
    I'd also say something about the pressure vote thing but iirc you always say something about a single vote not meaning anything for pressure so *shrugs*
  • Cody wrote:

I don't think we should be focussing primarily on the dead players either, since presumably most of them are town because night deaths should be the result of Mafia kills. I don't think it's wise to just 100% colour them all in as confirmed town and honestly I think we could have done more with the roles if Kae hadn't forced them to be revealed right away, e.g. the way BackSet was able to claim and then have Orion confirm his role.
    The way I saw it, was that we would either end up with a handful of role claims for Orion to out, giving mafia people a list of roles to pick from to kill; or we could use that information in a different way to pool together a group of people with confirmed roles. The town can now analyze vote patterns to some extent without more than the now claimed Backset and reveal of Violo.

I prefer to have the knowledge of the roles that exist (like your T3 games), especially when I don't see any typical mafia role names on there.

Also, let's say someone refused to claim, or utilize Orion publically like Backset did, and was then voted for, for not cooperating and ended up being our Doctor. (shrug) I think this was the way to go.