Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Majora's Mafia Day 5 - Town Wins!
  • Based on what we know so far, it seems like this game is set up so that town has to utilize the time reset in order to have a chance of winning. I could see it going one of four ways:

1. We make it to day 4 with the time-resetter still alive. Everything starts over but we still keep any info that we've gained. (Just like how Link keeps his masks in MM.) This should allow us to eventually piece together who's who and outsmart the scum.

2. We get super lucky and somehow manage to blindly lynch all the mafia before day 4.

3. We make it to day 4 with the time-resetter dead but the game-ender still alive, and it's game over for us.

4. We make it to day 4 with both the time-resetter and game-ender dead. It would become just like a normal game from then on, but the mafia would likely already be ahead by this point.

Option 2 is pretty self-explanatory, but the likelihood that it will happen is basically zero. Option 3 would be catastrophic, but the only way we can ensure it is avoided would be to find out who these two roles belong to. Options 1 and 4 are what we can work towards, and I would argue that option 1 is the best for us. This means we would have to keep the time-resetter alive at all costs, but in doing so we run the risk of exposing them to the mafia kill and invoking option 3.

All of this just feels like a big catch-22, and my brain hurts lol. I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Have I missed something?
  • I’m going to bed but will be back before end of day.

Just again stressing the idea of everyone coming to make a contribution today even if it’s hard to know where to start - inactive games can be really discouraging to the GMs, as myself and Kae can attest. If half the players end up with less than the asked for 2-3 posts per day it’s going to lead to the game being decided by mod-kills.
  • Hey guys.

I'll be online the next 4 hours and after that I'm shooting a wedding so I'll be mostly gone for EoD.

Cody wrote:

I know it’s hard to know what to say when we don’t have any new information yet but let’s get some conversation started. Everyone should at least check in and let us know if they have anything interesting to say from last night.
    Hi.

It's hard to talk about night actions/results because this game is so blind that any information will be such an easy target for mafia.

I will say this; this game is partially about GM manipulation and unknown role factors.
    Example: I performed an action last night and was told something that had nothing to do with what I did.
    So there's obviously a hidden modifier there, as Sol explained in his rules, I'm just not sure of the specifics.

We have 3-4 Sol votes each day so that adds in vote manipulations - either known or unknown - from a few different players.

We have (as Stasis kindly laid out above) 4 main options for how this game goes, and until something resolves D4 we are completely blind. It is literally 4 Day 1's n a row since we're given no information. The only difference will be what people put forth during the day, and I myself am hesitant to share much more than I already have.

[vote] Froyo [/vote]

Placeholder, though if Kae pointed you as suspicious mafia killing her could easily be a ploy so people will focus attention on her suspect list.

It'll be a tough day 2 with both other suspect players being replaced.

I think our strategy today should be following vote counts, working on dissecting Sol votes, pressing inactives, and sharing enough so we have substance but not enough that mafia has a clear path to victory.

"Defense against the dark farts, am I right?" -Pennington
    | This spot reserved for Dark Link Reigns |

• Okay, so first I'm going to quote every vote count we have received from the crazy guy upstairs.
    All the vote counts

Sólsetur wrote:

Votes:

Orion [4]: Don Saltine, Moe, Froyo, Orion (self-vote)
    Self-Vote: Everyone else

Sólsetur wrote:

Votes:

Orion [4]: Don Saltine, Moe, Froyo, Orion (self-vote)
    Lady Sunshine [2]: Cody, Lady Sunshine (self-vote)
    Quik [2]: Stasis, Quik (self-vote)
    Moe [1]: Gregarious

Sólsetur wrote:

Votes:

Orion [2]: Don Saltine, Moe
    Quik [2]: Stasis, Quik (self-vote)
    epicstar [2]: Orion, epicstar (self-vote)

Sólsetur wrote:

Votes:

Quik [2]: Stasis, epicstar, Quik (self-vote)
    Orion [2]: Don Saltine, Moe
    epicstar [2]: Orion, Hist

Sólsetur wrote:

Votes:

RealmWings [3]: Lady Sunshine, BackSet, Solsetur
    Moe [3]: Gregarious, Froyo, Don Saltine
    Hist [3]: epicstar, BackSet, GamerKitty
    epicstar [3]: Orion, Hist, Sabbo
    Quik [2]: Stasis, Quik (self-vote), Solsetur
    Orion [1]: Moe
    Lady Sunshine [1]: Cody

Self-Vote: Kae, Mordred, Lysis

Sólsetur wrote:

Votes:

Moe [4]: Gregarious, Froyo, Don Saltine, Lady Sunshine
    Hist [3]: epicstar, BackSet, GamerKitty
    Quik [2]: Stasis, Quik (self-vote), Solsetur

Self-Vote: Kae, Mordred, Lysis

Sólsetur wrote:

Votes:

Moe [6]: Gregarious, Froyo, Don Saltine, Lady Sunshine, Quik E Nogg
    Hist [6]: epicstar, BackSet, GamerKitty, Napsta, Stasis
    Lysis [1]

Self-Vote: Kae, Mordred

Sólsetur wrote:

Votes:

Hist [7]: epicstar, BackSet, GamerKitty, Napsta, Stasis, Solsetur, Solsetur
    Moe [6]: Gregarious, Froyo, Don Saltine, Lady Sunshine, Quik E Nogg, Solsetur
    Lysis [1]: Solsetur

Self-Vote: Kae, Mordred

Sólsetur wrote:

Votes:

Hist [5]: epicstar, BackSet, GamerKitty, Stasis
    Serenade [3]: Don Saltine, Quik E Nogg
    Lysis [3]: Lysis, Hist
    BackSet [3]: RealmWings, Froyo
    RealmWings [2]: Gregarious, Lady Sunshine
    Orion [1]: Serenade
    Froyo [1]: Kae

Self-Vote: Mordred

Clarification:

Back when there was a screwup where BackSet was voting twice, it was because I wrote BackSet's name when I should have wrote RealmWings for a vote. RealmWings was then missing from all vote counts afterwards as I thought I'd just counted BS twice, and I removed the vote. However on further inspection it was because I just had a brain far. RealmWings older vote has been replaced and there's no shenanigans going on with BackSet's name appearing twice / RealmWings briefly disappearing.

If this is an incorrect count pelase let me know!

Sólsetur wrote:

No, I made a mistake with Hist, sorry.

Votes:

Hist [5]: epicstar, BackSet, GamerKitty, Stasis, Solsetur
    Serenade [2]: Quik E Nogg, Solsetur
    epicstar [2]: Orion, Sabbo
    Lysis [3]: Lysis, Hist, Solsetur
    BackSet [3]: RealmWings, Froyo, Solsetur
    Mordred [2]: Don Saltine, Mordred (Self-Vote)

Sólsetur wrote:

Votes:

Hist [6]: epicstar, BackSet, GamerKitty, Stasis, Lysis, Solsetur
    BackSet [3]: RealmWings, Froyo, Solsetur
    Mordred [2]: Don Saltine, Cody, Mordred (Self-Vote)

Lysis [2]: Hist, Solsetur

45 minutes.

Sólsetur wrote:

Votes:

BackSet [5]: RealmWings, Froyo, Kae, Gregarious, Soletur
    Mordred [3]: Don Saltine, Cody, Mordred (Self-Vote)
    RealmWings [1]: Lady Sunshine

Sólsetur wrote:

Votes:

BackSet [6]: RealmWings, Froyo, Kae, Gregarious, Mordred, Soletur
    Mordred [2]: Don Saltine, Cody

Sólsetur wrote:

Votes:

BackSet [6]: RealmWings, Froyo, Kae, Gregarious, Mordred, Soletur
    Lysis [2]: Hist, Don Saltine, Solsetur
    Mordred [1]: Cody

wEeEEeEeEeEeEeE
  • Cool now that we have that out of the way I wanna see if we can find some things out about what the heck is going on here from these. I'll start with Sol Votes

~Sol Votes~
    So first:
    Who had these votes placed on them?
    Did these votes ever change players?

For the first question, our lucky players were: RealmWings, Quik E Nogg, Hist (who had two separate ones at one point), Moe/Serenade/Scribe, BackSet, and Lysis.
    Of these, the ones to remain at the end of the day were: Hist, BackSet, Lysis, and Moe/Serenade/Scribe (for sake of my own sanity we're gonna shorten that to just Scribe from now on).

For the second question, we saw that Hist at one point had two of these Sol Votes and then did not, and the one on RealmWings disappeared in later counts. For Quik, it wasn't there initially, showed up, but then he stopped being voted for so it disappeared. A different but likely important distinction is that the one on Lysis appeared on its own, was a standalone vote, and never went away. The one on Scribe appeared while that player already had votes, but it also never went away and we don't know if it would have if Quik had stopped his vote.

So, these are likely a combination of hidden modifiers and voting roles. Problem is figuring out which ones. The Sol Votes did not initially appear at the beginning of the day, instead popping in starting at what seems to be more than halfway through the Day. I think for these we can start to figure out the truth around these by voting, so I'll start on that train of thought.

[vote]Lysis[/vote]
  • Hey all, I'm currently moving (fml) but give me 2 hours or so and I'll be back to be more active. Thanks for your post @Stasis. Who would you vote for? I know we're not operating on much info yet, but we can't neglect to cast our votes still.

[Unvote]stasis[/unvote]

[Vote] Scribe [/vote]

@Scribe of Spirit You maf, bro?

Be back soon!
    A dark chase requires a silent hound, and deep roots are not reached by the frost.
  • GregariousTree wrote:

Hey all, I'm currently moving (fml) but give me 2 hours or so and I'll be back to be more active. Thanks for your post @Stasis. Who would you vote for? I know we're not operating on much info yet, but we can't neglect to cast our votes still.

[Unvote]stasis[/unvote]

[Vote] Scribe [/vote]

@Scribe of Spirit You maf, bro?

Be back soon!
    What makes you think I'm Mafia? I can't really be held responsible for the inactivity of the players whom I replaced. As you can see, I'm active.
  • Stasis wrote:

@OrionA bunch of people "meme voted" you yesterday which sparked a bit of discussion, but I don't recall hearing much from you since then. What's on your mind?
    Yeah sorry about the lack of discussion from my end today, got distracted. Right now what's on my mind is how I can help the town as right now I have no clue. I'd like to generate some discussion and I'm not afraid to be the center of it.

I would like to say something about my role. I, as far as I know without taking into account my hidden modifier that Sol slapped on everyone, am useless until we reset.

I would also like to throw a vote out so I'm not the one to be lynched by my own self vote.

[vote]Froyo[/vote]

Kae didn't seem to like ya bud and now she turns up dead, sounds to me like the possibility of snuffing out someone who would be gunning for you.