Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Hey Listen! I'm new!
    • Why, hello everybody!

My name is Yuri and I recently joined the Zelda Universe team as a News Reporter! Very excited to write some awesome articles for everyone to enjoy (hopefully! Haha). I'm 27 years old, Brazilian, extremely passionate about Zelda (duh), Game Design and Storytelling in all its forms. Currently I'm situated in Vancouver, Canada, where I also work in a game studio for mobile platforms.

Similar to many of you, the Zelda franchise has been with me since my childhood and it's responsible for some of my most memorable experiences and great people that I met in my life. Ocarina of Time will always hold a special place in my heart, as it was my first true Zelda experience and helped me start learning English. Other favorites (in no particular order, don't make me choose) include: Majora's Mask, Breath of the Wild and Twilight Princess.

That's it for now. I'd love to get to know everyone and talk about anything and everything =) If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

Cheers! :)
      "To see a World in a grain of sand,
      And a Heaven in a wild flower,
      Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
      And Eternity in an Hour." - William Blake
    • Welcome to ZU and our News Team! I hope you enjoy our pleasant community. That's a good favorite Zelda list btw. Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess are in my top 5. While not in my top 5, I did enjoy BotW even if I had some issues with it. I put 420 hours into it iirc. The other two games in my top 5 are A Link to the Past and Skyward Sword. I'm also a big fan of the Oracle games.

If you ever need any help with anything here feel free to ask. I love teaching people how to do stuff here. I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

Tru Universe|Cat Midna Avatar and Signature by The Twilight Princess. Check out her art thread here!

The post was edited 1 time, last by TruEdge67 ().

• Thank you so much for the welcome, everyone. It's been SO long since I participated in any forums, I wasn't sure how the experience would be, haha.

@TruEdge67 That is a pretty solid list too! Believe it or not, I have never finished A Link to the Past, but I definitely appreciate how good it is is many aspects. I also have some issues with BotW, but the positives far surpass the negatives for me, and that makes for which I consider the best open-world game ever released (which doesn't mean it's the best Zelda, of course). Oh, and thank you for being so kind! I'll definitely be bugging you from time to time to ask for help, haha.

@Winnie Thank you! Yes, coming here from Brazil was one of the hardest things I ever did in my life, but I don't regret any second of it. Unfortunately, the games industry is still pretty weak in mu country, so I had to leave to build my career. I think what was the hardest - and best, if I'm being honest - thing to adjust to was living by myself. Before coming to Vancouver, I lived with my mom, so it was a pretty big move for me, but I grew so much in all aspects of my life these last years that it's definitely been worth it.
      "To see a World in a grain of sand,
      And a Heaven in a wild flower,
      Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
      And Eternity in an Hour." - William Blake