Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Normal
    Coffee and Tea Appreciation Thread v2.0
    • Controversy of the Century: Tea/Coffee - Hot or Iced? 16
        Hot like Satan intended it (12) 75%
        Colder than Mount Everest (2) 13%
        Room Temperature because the middle opinion is always the right one (1) 6%
        I don't drink either, why am I in this thread? What am I doing with my life? (1) 6%

Welcome everyone to the Coffee and Tea appreciation thread!

I made a thread a few years back and it was one of my favorites, so I thought why not bring it back?

Have you had any exotic tea blends recently?
      Find any new roasts and flavors for coffee that really give you that zest to get through the early mornings?
      Do you have a sweet coffee set up?
      Is espresso the only thing that can make you feel alive anymore?

Share it all here!

The post was edited 4 times, last by Lady Sunshine ().

• That poll is cruel - I like both hot and iced coffee/tea!
      Though I'd say the majority of the time for both I have them hot so, that's that I picked.

I haven't been into tea until maybe 6 months ago? But now I really like chamomile, green ginseng, and I had a really good cherry blossom tea a couple months ago that I would definitely have again. I used to microwave my water but now I put the kettle on like I'm supposed to >.>

As for coffee, I love it. We have a Nespresso so a lot of my flavor choices come from that, and there is quite a variety.
      I like coffee that has more sweet undertones, chocolate, velvety, vanilla, spices... not a fan of anything too bitter or earthy.
      My favorite coffee by far is cappuccino - again, its nice and smooth and really makes for a great relaxing drink or a good pick me up in the morning.

I do love iced coffee too on a hot day, it's soooo satisfying. Haven't tried cold brew -yet- but I fully intend to.

As for what I add? A little sugar, a little milk, and cinnamon on top. Perfection.

"Defense against the dark farts, am I right?" -Pennington
      | This spot reserved for Dark Link Reigns |

• Had to vote hot, hot, baby! I even get hot coffee or tea in the summertime...there's just something friendly and relaxing about a hot beverage. Can't help myself :)

As I was typing that, I was thinking to myself how that is definitely not just an opinion, it has to be fact, so I googled it bahah: "Holding a hot drink can make you friendlier. An experiment conducted at the University of Colorado Boulder, published in the journal Science, found that “participants who briefly held a cup of hot (versus iced) coffee judged a target person as having a ‘warmer’ personality (generous, caring)”. More here.

Well whadda ya know? I'll be jumping on that tea & milk train before bed tonight!
    • I'm partially a tea snob. My favourite is looseweight, green tea:

That's the one I usually have at home. Matcha is amazing as well, but expensive enough to only be a treat every now and then.
      I have some yogi teas with herbs and spices as well.

And of course it's hot. Cold tea in Norway isn't very popular, strangely enough :p
    • At this point I only drink my tea cold. I generally prefer black tea with lots of sugar and no milk, but lately I've halved the amount of sugar I put in my tea. I've yet to try green tea with the halved sugar, and perhaps the milder nature of green tea will be more suited to less sugar.

In order to cause pain to those across the pond, I'd like to mention that I often drink English breakfast tea cold.
      "But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
      "In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."
      "All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."
      "Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen to-morrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind." There was a long silence.
      "I claim them all," said the Savage at last.
      Mustapha Mond shrugged his shoulders. "You're welcome," he said.

—Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vulpes ().

• Coffee almost always hot unless it has more mocha flavor. I usually just drink cheap Folgers with a packet or two of Sweet N Low. If we're going full sorority girl, a White Chocolate Mocha is my favorite guilty pleasure in this realm.

Tea can go either way. Black and green are my go tos. I love a hot glass of black Sweet tea, especially if I have a sore throat. Iced isn't bad either on a cold day.

Green tea, I prefer to be cold and is my usual go to in the mornings since coffee likes to give me indigestion. Damn you old age.
    • So I started making my own tea relatively recently—from teabags, but still. I'm honing in on figuring out how to make it so I like it best—how long to brew, how much sugar, how long to let it sit in the refrigerator. I've recently found that drinking tea out of a brandy snifter is very nice. (I don't drink—I just like the look of brandy snifters.) It's probably psychological, but in theory a snifter could affect the taste because snifters are designed to concentrate aromas near the nose.
      "But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
      "All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."
      "Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen to-morrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind." There was a long silence.

• Lady Sunshine wrote:

What are people's opinions on creamer?

I enjoy the tastes of some, but I always feel icky having it because I feel like it's just artificial and unhealthy.
      I like simpler flavors. My go-to drink at Starbucks is a vanilla sweet cream cold brew with extra cream and I always use a bunch at home too.

I love Coffee Mate's Natural Bliss creamer. It tastes so much better than the regular kind imo. The last time I tried to get adventurous with my creamer I bought some peanut butter cup flavored kind and it was absolutely disgusting. I've also tried an almond creamer and a soy creamer. They were both pretty good but the Coffee Mate stuff comes in a bigger bottle and costs less.
    • I've had five glasses of tea today.

I may have a problem.