Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Fan game
    A Zelda S/Mash
    • I would like to hear collectively how this community would make a smash brothers game dedicated exclusively to the Zelda series. But I don't want this to just be a discussion. I'd like a little more interactivity. So I have decided that I will treat this thread as more of a list of the best ideas for a complete Zelda Smash game. Dreamed up by us, the fans.

I'll do this by listing off an assortment of categories needed to make a complete game. You as a participant will post a reply regarding one of the categories describing how you want that particular category to go. Don't be afraid to go into detail but be sure to make the post as clear and to the point as possible.

Readers and participants can also like other posts. The post with the most "likes" in each category will get listed in the OP for others to read.

If another post gets more likes it will replace the old post in the OP. (I will try my best to check back periodically and change it, Be patient if it's not done right away.)

Example Post would look something like this.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For Category:"Stages"

I think it would be cool to have the Kokiri Forest bridge as a stage in Ocarina of Time. Each end would be hollowed trees and walking too far away would eliminate you. There are no pits so falling off and edge guarding can't be done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll try my best to tag your name in the category so everyone knows who's idea it was if yours gets picked.
      Keep in mind I will remain completely unbiased in this experiment but reserve the right to like a post same as anyone else.

In the event two people post similar ideas but not exactly the same, I will choose and give credit to the both users listed as

Original Idea by: @'User.
      Appended by: @'userr.

In the event two people post exactly the same thing I will choose the first poster regardless of likes and notify the 2nd poster of the duplicate idea, requesting they delete or modify their post.

In the rare event two people have exactly the same amount of "likes", I will choose the idea that was posted first.

You all can do me a huge favor by making sure to read and check previous posts to prevent these things from happening.

Also, don't be too worried if I don't re-post your suggestion verbatim. I may choose to condense the post if it happens to be too long.

I will try to include as many categories as I think are necessary and not redundant but if you guys have one in mind that I may have missed feel free to let me know via private message. (I want to keep the discussion strictly to gameplay and not have arguments over what categories should or shouldn't exist.)

Lastly, There will be NO, and I repeat, NO rejecting another person's idea. That is you CANNOT argue that another person's idea is a bad one. If you disagree with the idea another person has, Simply say nothing and do not "like" the post and/or post an idea you feel might be better.

The following reply will list the categories.
      Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the ability to overcome it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MORPHRELINK ().

• The Categories will be listed as followed.

Title:

Story:

Game Modes:

Stages:
      Display Spoiler
      @Guinea
      Temple of Time: Think of all the changes made to the Temple of Time throughout the series. Imagine being able to fight in all of them on just one stage. How? Occasionally, one of the Ancient Robots from SS flies through holding a Timeshift Stone. If its hit, the Temple of Time changes, as does the platforms and such.

Display Spoiler
      @Streak
      The Divine Trial:
      The stage from the finale of the Champion's Ballad is flat and perfect for a fighting stage. It hovers in the air, so could fly around Hyrule offering panoramic sky views, with a changing day cycle.
      Hazards could be one from each Beast and one from Maz Koshia himself.
      If the stage is near Rudania, a sentry appears from above and flies close to the ground. If someone is sighted, the sentry will flash and a second later a volcanic rock hits that spot.
      If the stage is near Naboris, the centre of the stage will start sparking and, just like in the game a thunderbolt will strike that place.
      When near Medoh, a strong wind starts blowing and all fighters jump higher.
      When near Ruta, Cryonis blocks fly in from the side slowly, and can change direction when hit to try and surprise enemies.
      Occasionally when flying around Hyrule, Maz Koshia appears, tilts the stage slightly, and sends a magnetic ball bouncing along the stage.
      These all are quite rare, as the platform travels at a leisurely pace, and shows many different places of Hyrule.

Items:
      Display Spoiler
      @Benermerut
      Item: Piece of Power
      Origin: Link's Awakening
      Effect: Used automatically when picked up. For a limited time, the user deals increased damage and knockback.

Display Spoiler
      @Benermerut
      Item: Guardian Acorn
      Effect: Used automatically when picked up. For a limited time, the user takes reduced damage and knockback.

Characters:

Display Spoiler
      @MORPHRELINK
      Deku Scrub

(A) Attack:

(A): Kicks the opponent with his tiny feet. (Can be Rapid)

^: Spins a flower petal above its head.

V: Throws a deku nut at the ground, stunning nearby opponents

< >: Head butts the opponent.

(B) Attack:

(B): (Charges) Spits Bubbles. The longer held the larger the bubble/further it shoots before floating upwards and popping. Deals damage when popped or comes into contact with a player.

^: Pulls out two deku flower petals that spin and propel the player into the air and glides back down.
      V: Burrows into a Flower pad to avoid getting hit. Comes back out after a short period of time.

< >: Whips out organ pipes and blasts the opponent away with musical notes.

Music:
      Display Spoiler
      @Guinea
      Song of Time Remix

Unique Gameplay Mechanics: (List of new mechanics that are not already included in a typical smash brothers game.)

Special Features: (List of gallerie's, Trophie's, Stage editor or other neat little things that one might include for fun and doesn't necessarily impact core game play.)

The post was edited 10 times, last by MORPHRELINK ().

• Aight, I'll start things off with a couple items. I'm doing two at once because they come from the same game and are thematically related.

Item: Piece of Power
      Effect: Used automatically when picked up. For a limited time, the user deals increased damage and knockback.

Item: Guardian Acorn
      Effect: Used automatically when picked up. For a limited time, the user takes reduced damage and knockback.
      The guinea pig in name only, for it is neither.
    • Oh darn, this thread is awesome.

Stages: Ha, I can only think of one right now.

Temple of Time- Think of all the changes made to the Temple of Time throughout the series. Imagine being able to fight in all of them on just one stage. How? Occasionally, one of the Ancient Robots from SS flies through holding a Timeshift Stone. If its hit, the Temple of Time changes, as does the platforms and such. Music wise, idk, but it would be a jammin'- remix of the Song of Time. Story Mode, take the scene in OoT where Sheik turns into Zelda and Ganondorf shows up. Turn that into a boss fight.

Idk, I'll come up with other stuff later.
    • Having a tough time filling this in but have this so far..

Character:

Deku Scrub

(A) Attack:

(A): Kicks the opponent with his tiny feet. (Can be Rapid)

^: Spins a flower petal above its head.

V: Throws a deku nut at the ground, stunning nearby opponents

< >: Head butts the opponent.

(B) Attack:

(B): (Charges) Spits Bubbles. The longer held the larger the bubble/further it shoots before floating upwards and popping. Deals damage when popped or comes into contact with a player.

^: Pulls out two deku flower petals that spin and propel the player into the air and glides back down.
      V: Burrows into a Flower pad to avoid getting hit. Comes back out after a short period of time.

< >: Whips out organ pipes and blasts the opponent away with musical notes.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MORPHRELINK ().

• Stages:
      The Divine Trial:

The stage from the finale of the Champion's Ballad is flat and perfect for a fighting stage. It hovers in the air, so could fly around Hyrule offering panoramic sky views, with a changing day cycle.
      Hazards could be one from each Beast and one from Maz Koshia himself.
      If the stage is near Rudania, a sentry appears from above and flies close to the ground. If someone is sighted, the sentry will flash and a second later a volcanic rock hits that spot.
      If the stage is near Naboris, the centre of the stage will start sparking and, just like in the game a thunderbolt will strike that place.
      When near Medoh, a strong wind starts blowing and all fighters jump higher.
      When near Ruta, Cryonis blocks fly in from the side slowly, and can change direction when hit to try and surprise enemies.
      Occasionally when flying around Hyrule, Maz Koshia appears, tilts the stage slightly, and sends a magnetic ball bouncing along the stage.
      These all are quite rare, as the platform travels at a leisurely pace, and shows many different places of Hyrule.
      End is simply another word for beginning.
      And beginning another for end.
    • Just some kind of single-player mode. Zelda is usually a single-player game. It seems fitting. You go into different areas and fight whatever with Smash Bros. tactics. There are bosses. Ganon is probably the final one. ;) If it's my scenario, Aquamentus will make an appearance!
      "Wow! This looks pretty heavy. You won't be able to lift it because you're a Dalek and have a plunger for a hand."