Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Dingeons and Dragons: The Thirteen Sisters
    • Moechacho wrote:

I will be subbing, I want to get in to some D&D athough it appears that 7 folk have already signed up so I assume its full. Love the map too.

Cajbaj wrote:

Thanks for summoning me, Sol, I really appreciate it.

As great as this sounds though I really don't and likely won't for many years have the kind of schedule that allows for me to do stuff like this on Fridays. Or any other day. I should've just said never because it's a text box and I can edit it but I'm not going to. Deal with it.

if I WERE to play though, I've been wanting to play a half-elf noble Paladin, the brightest of the bright and the truest of the true because I LIKE BEING THE GOOD GUY DAMMIT and also I've never played a noble
      i am working on a text-based DnD currently, i will let you both know when it goes up and try to give you priority if you're interested still ^_^
    • In the beginning was the Father and the Mother. All around was darkness. The Father professed His love for the Mother, and lo!, the sun was born of their love. The Mother cried tears of joy which spread out into the darkness, becoming the stars. And the Father and the Mother laid with each other, and they gave birth to thirteen daughters. Now at this time, all that there was was sun and stars, and the Thirteen Sisters became bored. And so together, they created a doll, and they loved their doll, and they named him “Darmon.” But the Father was unhappy that the Mother had not produced for Him a son, and so He laid with one of His daughters, and she gave birth to a soul which gave life to Darmon. But the product of their love was impure, and the life that was breathed into Darmon was corrupt, and he turned on his creators and tried to destroy them. And so they put him away, never to be seen again.

The Mother, learning of the Father’s treachery, became angry, and so killed him. From His body She created the world. His flesh became earth and His bones became rock. His blood became the waters of the world. From His organs, She created the creatures of the world, and from His brain She created humans and elves and dwarves and all the other races. His loins She separated from His body, and set them aside, and they became the moon. And each of the Sisters took for themselves an aspect of the world, and it became their domain. And so it was that the world came to be.

--Excerpt from The Sororia, Chapter 1

The Sororian Congregation is the de facto religion on the Sororal Peninsula that the Thirteen Sisters call home. It derives its name from The Sororia, the holy text of the religion, which itself is derived from an Ancient Elvish word meaning “sister.” The Congregation is the natural evolution of the the traditional pantheon observed on the peninsula, as well as the traditionally matriarchal society that developed in tandem with the pantheon.

Structure

The Sororian Congregation is a very regimented, hierarchical organization. At the top, sits the Mother’s Mouth, the leader of the Church and of Korbrandt who, theologically, is considered the voicebox of the Mother of Us All on the earth. While it is traditionally a position held by women, there have been several male Mother’s Mouths, including the current one. Below the Mouth are the Archbishops, followed by Bishops, Archpriests, and Priests. The Archbishop of Inquisition is a special position--the holder of the title rules over no churches or cathedrals but rather resides in Korbrandt and oversees the Order of the Inquisition. Inquisitors of the Order therefore only answer to those members of their Order who are of higher rank. They are charged with meting out justice against those who have committed Crimes or Heresy in the eyes of the Congregation. They have the authority to arrest and charge suspects, as well as torture, judge, and execute when out of civil or episcopal jurisdiction. Inquisitorial jurisdiction extends to the borders of the Thirteen Sisters, allowing any Inquisitor to claim jurisdiction anywhere within the confederation.

Tenets

Each of the Thirteen Sisters represents a tenet of the Congregation. Below is a list of the tenets, with clarifications in square brackets.
      1. Wilratta--Going through the forge makes metal stronger. To avoid the forge is to avoid purpose. [Life is trying, but to avoid trying times is to not live at all]
      2. Pryntira--Progress and invention create a better world.
      3. Norgradta--Respect nature, and take only what you need from her, and allow her to replenish.
      4. Korbrana--Life is the greatest song and deserves to be sung.
      5. Relgra--Those who are less fortunate are not less worthy. Treat all the same and you shall be treated the same.
      6. Ashanta--Share what you can. Accept what you need. [Be neighborly, not prideful.]
      7. Tella--Knowledge is powerful and should be shared.
      8. Arbritte--That which is beautiful can be weak; that which is ugly can be strong. [Basically, don’t judge a book by its cover.]
      9. Grelda--The sea can be cruel, but she is also kind. [Religious scholars still debate on the meaning of this one, but most seem to agree that it’s literally just talking about the sea.]
      10. Brodrinda--Murder is dishonorable, but war is not.
      11. Ystarna--Though the ice may be treacherous, the journey will be worth it. [More or less the same as Tenet 1.]
      12. Elradra--All love is beautiful for all love is pure. But to get in the way of love is to dishonor yourself. [This assumes consensual love between adults. The second sentence forbids adultery.]
      13. Obrenna--Theft is no way to make a living. Living in envy is no way to live. [Do not covet.]

History

The Sororian Congregation was founded over two thousand years ago. Years on the peninsula count up from this time, with the year of the founding being 1 AS (Anno Sororum; Year of the Sisters). The current year is 2357 AS.

In 1977 AS, The Sororian Congregation launched a full-scale Inquisition, the first in more than a thousand years. The Mother’s Mouth at the time decided that the observance of other gods outside of the Mother of Us All and the Thirteen Sisters was heretical, and began trying anyone who did. This caused outrage, with relations among the Sisters remaining tense for 2 years. But when the Crown Prince of New Iceburgh was taken by Inquisitors during a diplomatic visit to Korbrandt, tortured, branded, and publicly executed, the tension broke into full blown war. The War between Korbrandt and New Iceburgh was but the first in a long series of wars that ravaged the peninsula for nearly four decades. In the aftermath, the Order of the Inquisition was brought to heel, with many sanctions and new rules of conduct. It also prompted the creation of the Confederation, an international body that meets every four years or as necessary in Korbrandt and does what it can to maintain peace and order between the Sisters. There are many still alive who remember the Wars of Inquisition, also sometimes called the Wars of Proselytism, and therefore hold ill will towards Inquisitors.

The post was edited 1 time, last by zoraluigi ().