Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • E3
    E3: Prediction, surprises, and most wanted
    • john_marston wrote:

I mentioned that I wanted an F-Zero game, but I'm totally not expecting it btw, lol. I think Miyamoto sees no future in it, apparently saying he felt the series had 'peaked'. The last game was nearly 15 years ago...

But I could see Retro Studios bringing it back (just *maybe*), with a twist. That old Star Fox X F-Zero rumour would be sweet if true.
      It's sad to hear him say that, considering how great the series was. Really am hoping those Star Fox x F-Zero rumours are true, but boy does that seem far-fetched.
    • lord-of-shadow wrote:

1. What announcement do you expect and are excited for?
      There's no game announcement that I really expect, but I'm expecting at least one Smash newcomer, probably 2. Any particular character is harder to predict, but I'll go with... Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X. She's the obvious choice from XCX (at least as far as I am in the game) and while someone from XB2 might be more likely, I don't know anyone from that game.

lord-of-shadow wrote:

2. What announcement would surprise you, but also delight you?
      Pikmin 4. I'm pretty sure they finished that in 2015 but they're holding it back to be the surprise new addition to the Wii U Classic in 2035.

I only jest... mostly.

lord-of-shadow wrote:

3. What announcement would you most like to see, that you think could actually happen?
      potential spoilers via rumor

Star Fox Grand Prix sounds fantastic. I remember one of the many, many criticisms of Star Fox Zero was that playing through the same level again and again trying to beat your own high score isn't compelling gameplay these days. Well, Star Fox levels are already practically race courses, and adding the racing aspect would do wonders for both competitive multiplayer and replayability. Plus, the series has a lot of characters with which it refuses to do anything else interesting. They could all benefit from being playable for a while.

That being said, I don't put much stock in rumors, so while I hope this one is true, and it is possible, I don't really expect it.
      Goddess of the Sands

Map of Thyphlo Ruins

Forest Architects

If you have Amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits on Wii U, you can reset which games your amiibo unlock by deleting the game and then redownloading it.
    • What i am looking forward to the most is Spiderman ps4, Ghost of the tsushima. I am hoping we get news about what rocksteady is doing has i love there batman Arkham games and want to know what they are doing now. I also want to know what in the heck retro studios is up to hope they are making another DK game or if not some cool looking new IP. These are all my predections though.

So all my e3 predictions right here! Micorsoft will show halo 6 and it will say 2019. The next Forza Horizon game will be shown comming late September of 2018. People will be disappointed with Micorsoft some more. Sony will annource a 50 price cut for both ps4 and ps4 pro. Seems like its time for another price cut and the pro has also not had a price cut yet. A ps4 pro Spiderman bundle will be shown. Will show first hands on game play on Spiderman ps4 and a new trailer. LOU2 will get a new trailer and game play demo and will say 2019. Days gone will get a new trailer and also game play and a release date of October of 2018. death stranding will get its first not like all CGI trailer and will say 2019. Dreams will get new trailer and hands on gameplay and will get a November release date. ghost of tsushima will get a new trailer and will say 2019. concrete genie will get a new trailer and hands on demo and will come out August of this year. Rocksteady will show there next game and it will be a superman game. There have been rumors about rocksteady doing a superman game for a while now that they are done with batman after doing the Arkham games and rumors have really picked up a lot in the last week or so. It will come out on both xbox one and ps4 summer 2019 but some kind of playstation excusive dlc or something will be shown has rocksteady did give the Arkham games something extra at the start for those games. Shadow of the tomb raider will get a new trailer and first real hands on game play demo. Of course batfield and COD will be shown and given release dates. Nintendo will go more in detail on when they are going to start there online charging to play. Smash bros will be Nintendo's main focus for e3 this year will a lot of game demos and a trailer and will be a late September game. Some of Splatoon's 2 single player DLC will be shown and it will come out in late July. With Mario tennis comming out only like 10 days after e3 starts it will get some hands on game play and also a new trailer and some of the games areas/courts being shown that we dont know yet. We willl finally find out about what ever Retro studios new game is no matter if the rumors are true or not about them making a new star fox/ f zero spin off racing game and it will come out in November. Pokémon will be shown and get a release date for October. Zelda SS HD will get announced for September. Metrid prim 4 will get a very small teaser and will say 2019. Mario Odyess will have some kind of dlc announced with like 2 new levels or something for a agust release date. The new Yoshi game will get a new trailer and hands on demo and a July release date.
    • 1. What announcement do you expect and are excited for?
      - Nintendo: I'd expect some new info, perhaps a release date for Metroid Prime 4
      - Everybody Else: Kingdom Hearts 3 release date... I really want to play this before I end up in a home in 50 years or so :P

- Nintendo: A port of Metroid Prime Trilogy to Switch or a port of Skyward Sword to Switch. Hopefully with a way to skip the 3 hour tutorial... lol
      -Everyone Else: Port of Fallout 3/New Vegas to current gen (switch included) with updated visuals and such.

3. What announcement would you most like to see, that you think could actually happen?
      - Finally some info on previous gen games on the switch or some kind of account connectivity to where I don't have to pay for previously purchased classic games AGAIN on switch. I mean I do love the classics but I've bought Zelda and Mario on Wii, Wii U, 3ds.. lol
    • Winnie wrote:

Yesss @Serenity you read my mind! Are you going to get Tetris Effect?
      Isn't that exclusive to PS4? If so, sorry, but it looks interesting.

I'm kind of excited for two new Chucklefish games that will come out, specifically Witchbrook and Eastward, because I love top down ALttP/Chrono Trigger influenced games, and Stardew Valley. Here I am with a beast of a PC playing retro style games.
    • 1. What announcement do you expect and are excited for?
      Metroid Prime 4 release date (Edited June 14th: Nothing :( )
      Explanation of what Fallout 76 is (Edited June 11th: Rust)

The tiniest Elder Scrolls news (Edited June 11th: TES 6)
      Anything Devil May Cry 5 (Edited June 11th: DmCV)
      Bayonetta 3 (Edited June 14th: Nothing :( )

Final Fantasy 7 remake (Edited June 14th: Nothing :( )
      Resident Evil 2 remake (Edited June 14th: Looking good.)
      What the heck that "Shadows die twice" thing even is (Edited June 11th: Japan Souls)
      Death Stranding gameplay (Edited June 14th: Was kinda gameplay, sorta?)
      BY:Ed6

The post was edited 4 times, last by KiKi ().

• Resident Evil 2 Remake is my most anticipated game, and the rumors seem to suggest it'll finally be shown off this E3. It seems like a no-brainer to remake RE2 in the style of REmake--the definitive example of how to remake a classic, but this is modern day Capcom. All I can think is "how are they going to screw this up?"

What I want from an RE2make is:

-Resident Evil 2, but updated exactly like how REmake updated Resident Evil 1.

Don't make it a third person shooter. Don't remove all the game modes. Don't redesign Leon or Claire to look "more modern."

I think it is very likely Capcom will "do" all the "don't"s.
    • What I'm excited for? Fire Emblem, Smash, Pokemon, Spider Man, Last of Us, and Ghosts of Tsushima

What announcement would surprise you?
      Mother 3 port. Yes, it's an old game, and a recurring joke at this point, but I've never played it, and I love Earthbound.
      Metroid Prime 4 release date and gameplay. Obviously not for this year, but any teases would be a surprise.
      Shin Megami Tensei V gameplay

HeroOfTime5 wrote:

A zelda game returning to the Termina with the BOTW engine.

Calling it now
      So...Majora's Mask remake? A pipe dream that I would love to see happen, but I just don't see it. A lot of people like to cite the very short development cycle between OoT and Majora's Mask, but game development has gotten a whole lot more complex and expensive since that time. If the Zelda team opts not to do additional BOTW DLC (as they've said it's 'complete'), then I would think they would go dark until the next mainline installment, and that is still some time away.

A HD remaster of a Zelda title by Tantalus or Grezzo in the near future though? I can see that happening next year. I just don't expect a overhaul using the existing BOTW engine.
    • My predictions:

Nintendo
      - Super Smash Bros. Battle Royale
      - Metroid Prime HD Trilogy (Reassurance that Prime 4 is coming)
      - N64 Classic
      - Link's Awakening Remake or ALBW style Sequel (A Link Across Islands?)
      - Fortnite
      - Dragonball Fighters Z
      - Super Mario Maker 2
      - Metroid Dread for Switch
      - Star Fox Switch tease
      - Some other third party games (Including Dragon Quest XI)
      - Fire Emblem Switch
      - Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee
      - Yoshi Switch
      - "One more thing" heard at least once
      - 3DS game announcements during treehouse live (Link's Awakening remake included only if not included in main direct and not a sequel either)

Namco
      - Soul Calibur VI release date and Character Creation Mode finally revealed for the game

Capcom
      - Megaman 11
      - Devil May Cry 5
      - The umpteenth new version of an old Street Fighter game
      - Megaman Legends 1 and 2 Legendary Bundle for Switch, Xbox One, PS4

Square-Enix
      - Kingdom Hearts III release date (hopefully, and if we're lucky maybe even confirmation for a Switch version)
      - Some random Final Fantasy spinoff
      - Dragon Quest XI for Switch
      - Dragon Quest Builders 2

And, that's pretty much all I got for now.

The post was edited 1 time, last by PJC ().

• KeeSomething wrote:

Resident Evil 2 Remake is my most anticipated game, and the rumors seem to suggest it'll finally be shown off this E3. It seems like a no-brainer to remake RE2 in the style of REmake--the definitive example of how to remake a classic, but this is modern day Capcom. All I can think is "how are they going to screw this up?"

What I want from an RE2make is:

-Resident Evil 2, but updated exactly like how REmake updated Resident Evil 1.

Don't make it a third person shooter. Don't remove all the game modes. Don't redesign Leon or Claire to look "more modern."

I think it is very likely Capcom will "do" all the "don't"s.
      meanwhile I’m sitting here like “pls over the shoulder” because RE4 was so gooooood. However, I think they really should keep it exactly how it was. It’s too big of a slap in the face to fans.
    • My wishes will come as no surprise:

-Metroid Prime 4: Hopeful for a substantial showing, but I could live with a tantalizing teaser. Confirmation of tentative release window and developer. Hoping it will be a first person shooter. I just don't see 3D action platformer working well for Metroid, particularly after Other M.

-Retro Studios game: They've been MIA for a long time. It is time for their comeback. Really hope they remain a talented, top-tier studio for Nintnendo well into the future. I'm a little worried.

-Pikmin 4: Won't be a showstopper, but definitely a personal fave.

-Smash Bros: Poised to be the "killer-app". I hope they are targeting a holiday 2018 release.

-Pokemon Let's Go: Obviously intrigued to hear more about this. Could end up being the best selling game on Switch.

-2D Mario: Odds seem low. But an ambitious 2D Mario would be a mega-seller and definitely something I'd be personally interested in.
    • I kind of forgot to answer these questions. Even though I'm not watching Nintendo's E3 on the days of anyways. So here we go.

1. What announcement do you expect and are excited for?

For Nintendo, something Metroid. Personally, I expect either Metroid Prime HD Trilogy or Metroid Dread for Switch and re-assurance that Prime 4 is coming. But there's still a chance that Prime 4 might actually be there. Though I personally doubt it since it's still in heavy development and they don't want to over shadow Super Smash Bros. So if anything, an HD version of Prime Trilogy or the heavily hinted return and revival of Metroid Dread.

I'm aware of the prompt to pick something other than Zelda. But the only thing that would surprise me and very much delight me at the same time is a new 2D Zelda being announced. I'm sorry, but I'm just too big of a Zelda fan to just say no to Zelda.

Character Creation mode revealed for Soul Calibur VI, if Namco hasn't already done their part at E3 yet. And hopefully, a Switch version announced, with Samus as version exclusive guest character to promote Metroid Prime 4. But we'd have to be really lucky to see that happen.

Anyways, that's all for now.

The post was edited 2 times, last by PJC ().