Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    Master Ideas! Wishes/Wants/Ideas for Future Zelda titles
    • Off Topic

Kokiri Kid wrote:

I don't see BotW Link and Zelda getting married, as they have zero chemistry.
      I can assure you that Link and Zelda have way more chemistry than you think. I take it that you never saw the memories where Link and Zelda were close and getting alone. Hell, Link defended Zelda against the yiga, and Zelda's sealing power awakened the moment Link was down, in her cry to return the favor. And it was Zelda who had Link put the Shrine of Resurrection.

Also, this ain't the only version of Link and Zelda that had plenty of chemistry between them. SS Link and Zelda had lots of chemistry. WW Link and Zelda/Tetra had some chemistry going. So did ST Link and Zelda. And MC Link and Zelda. Even the millenniums old sleeping Zelda had the hots for Zelda II Link, for some reason, even though the dude already had a Zelda in his time. Some of the other Links and Zeldas had it too, but not as much as the ones I've mentioned.

Kokiri Kid wrote:

This is probably due to the fact that Link doesn't speak for some godforsaken reason. If he had dialogue his relationships with other characters could be far more dynamic.
      Actually it's confirmed that he does talk, just not very much. He's just quite shy and not very talkative most of the time. Especially when in battle. This applies to most Links. Hence why in most games the things that you choose for him to say aren't that long of sentences.

On Topic
      I'd really like to see some kind of ST sequel where New Hyrule is a whole big country rather than just a kingdom. Trains making a return. And even steam boats. A wild west steam punk Zelda, with Trains, Steam Boats, and Motorcycles would be fun! I'd really love to the return of the Master Cycle again. This time, in a game that's actually in the timeline.

Also, an OoT inspired OoX sequel would be interesting for a new 2D Zelda!
    • The relationship of past and future incarnations of Zelda and Link on the specific ones from breath of the wild is irrelevant. Actions taken in defense of another human life are not indicative of romantic chemistry. That requires, well two people that can actually speak to each other.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • I'm sure there are mute people in real life who would disagree. Link and Midna had nice non-verbal (and I would argue non-romantic) chemistry going.

You can tell they're on the same page.

I think the bigger issue with BotW is that we hardly see Link and Zelda interact at all, and half of that time is before they're supposed to have any chemistry. If a later story actually spent some time with the two of them, I could see it working.
      Goddess of the Sands

Map of Thyphlo Ruins

Forest Architects

If you have Amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits on Wii U, you can reset which games your amiibo unlock by deleting the game and then redownloading it.
    • My apologies. I meant the ability to communicate, that does not nessesarilly require a verbal component.

TP Link and Midna seem to communicate quite well despite us never seeing Link talk. Whereas with BotW Link it feels very much like Zelda is screaming at a brick wall. Maybe it’s cause the game has VA that it stands out so sharply.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TriforceHolder ().

• I personally don't see BotW Link and Zelda ending up together at all, for the same reasons as other posters - that they have no chemistry. They don't even seem to particularly like each other as friends, never mind anything else. Now Zelda's diaries and statements from Kass in-game indicate that Zelda may have had a thing for Link, but that seemed entirely one-sided.

BotW Link doesn't seem to get excited or emotional over anything other than food, so it's honestly hard to see what his emotional connection to any character may be, one way or the other.

Out of all the previous Links and Zeldas, the only ones I see as having chemistry that could evolve to something romantic later on would be WW Link and Tetra. Most of the others seem to have more professional relationships, if anything.

But, anyway, I should say as a Mod to get back on topic.

BotW Zelda in her purple Hylian Tunic, by my husband, DarkSilver.

"Breath of the Wild: "Zelda's Redemption" Chapter 3 now up!

After Calamity Ganon's defeat, a devastated Zelda must come to terms with her ruined kingdom, dead friends, and the resentment of the Hero who had saved her, but lost his fiancee. When all hope seems lost, she comes across a legend of a holy relic that can set things right, if she can find the ancient keys to access it. With the help of new friends, and without Link, can Zelda finally become a legend, on her own terms?
    • Well I’d say that SS Link and Zelda had decent chemistry. Even if I do prefer that pairing as platonic.

Wouldn’t it be nice to see a complete royal family for once? I know the implication is that Zelda often dies in the generational calamity so we’re left with only a Princess Zelda and sometimes the King but wouldn’t it be cool to see a Zelda with a mom who understood and could guide her through her tribulations?
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

The post was edited 1 time, last by TriforceHolder ().

• Well, a BotW sequel can give Link and Zelda a chance to make up for lost time, considering circumstance kinda made it hard for them to spend much quality time together. On the other hand, we also know Link and Zelda confided in each other once they became closer, and Zelda at the very least did develop romantic feelings for Link, so if the player as Link chose to return those feelings, there very much could be chemistry. And if the sequel takes place a year or more after BotW and shows Link and Zelda having lived together the whole time, it's perfectly plausible that they could develop a more intimate relationship, one that can develop at the player's discretion by visiting certain places such as inns or certain spots in the wild, basically the new Memories of the game, and if they're starting out on a more intimate level, that can be reflected in their interactions.

I like the idea of Zelda taking on a sort of nurturing, wifelike role in Link's life, like practicing cooking so he doesn't have to make all of their meals (I'm tickled at the thought that Link's practically a gourmet chef after all the practice he's had cooking meals in the wild while Zelda, being a princess who grew up in a castle with a kitchen staff, has never so much as touched a ladle before in her life, or at the very least is a hundred years out of practice, thus Link has been teaching her how to cook, which could be shown in a memory as her first few attempts had humorous results) and sewing up his clothes whenever they get torn (she is established to be a capable seamstress as she personally crafted the Champions' clothes, and the Tunic Link wears in particular surpasses basically any other piece of armor in BotW for raw defense. Girl's got skills).

And that's something else I'd want to see in such a sequel: Link and Zelda teaching each other skills and even crafting items together, like Zelda making a new tunic for Link that you can wear, or gaining skill at combat over time, represented by shifts in her AI's behavior (at first, she hangs back in combat, firing the occasional arrow or taking a swing at an enemy while you've got him distracted, but over time she'll start fighting more confidently and aggressively, even switching weapons to whatever may be optimal for the situation). Likewise she'll gain skill at hunting, and even try to coordinate with Link once her AI develops strategies for different kinds of animal.

On that note, perhaps the player can assign Zelda different tasks such as hunting, cooking, scouting, and patrolling. The princess and her knight stay in contact using devices built by Purah (essentially Sheikah smartphones or watches, to follow up on the Sheikah Slate) which they can use to communicate with and warp to each other. If one gets too far from the other, Zelda will warp to Link's side, though doing so will interrupt any task to which she has been assigned. The player can also manually call Zelda to their side or warp to hers in case, say, she encounters a large mob of monsters while scouting. The new devices could also be used as a means of switching control between Link and Zelda.

As a bonus, if the player has save data from BotW indicating that they completed any of the Divine Beasts in BotW and/or received the Master Cycle Zero, the appropriate Champion skills and/or Cycle will also be available in the sequel, meaning yes, Link can give Zelda rides across Hyrule on a motorcycle (and Robbie will even design new armor for the two of them that essentially amounts to biker helmets and stylish leather jackets, pants, and boots). The Master Cycle Zero is updated to a Mk II redesign that accomodates two people.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Miles ().

• TriforceHolder wrote:

If there was an item from a previous game that were to return in some form what would everyone like to see.

Personally I’d like to see the Magic Medallions from ALttP that cause a variety of environmental effects.
      I'm a little tardy to the party but I definitely want to see a return of the Spinner. That thing was awesome and when you didn't have access to Epona and dashing either isn't cutting it or you don't have enough stamina for it to work effectively, that was a great way to add some speed. If that could be combined with a Gust Jar or, conversely, a Gale Jar that blows rather than sucks, so that you can use it as a wind engine to keep the Spinner moving indefinitely. You can then use it to cross quicksand and shallow water safely (or ice without slipping) and avoid floor traps and such, or just use it as a means to deliver a quick tackle to an enemy before jumping off it and drawing your sword. I think it would work well in either an open world BotW type game or even just something the scale of TP or SS.
    • Miles wrote:

I like the idea of Zelda taking on a sort of nurturing, wifelike role in Link's life, like practising cooking so he doesn't have to make all of their meals (I'm tickled at the thought that Link's practically a gourmet chef after all the practice he's had cooking meals in the wild while Zelda, being a princess who grew up in a castle with a kitchen staff, has never so much as touched a ladle before in her life, or at the very least is a hundred years out of practice, thus Link has been teaching her how to cook, which could be shown in a memory as her first few attempts had humorous results) and sewing up his clothes whenever they get torn (she is established to be a capable seamstress as she personally crafted the Champions' clothes, and the Tunic Link wears in particular surpasses basically any other piece of armour in BotW for raw defence. Girl's got skills).
      Did that feel a little sexist to anyone else? Very literally advocating that Zelda needs to learn some traditional girl skills so she can be a good wife for Link.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

The post was edited 2 times, last by TriforceHolder ().

• TriforceHolder wrote:

Miles wrote:

I like the idea of Zelda taking on a sort of nurturing, wifelike role in Link's life, like practising cooking so he doesn't have to make all of their meals (I'm tickled at the thought that Link's practically a gourmet chef after all the practice he's had cooking meals in the wild while Zelda, being a princess who grew up in a castle with a kitchen staff, has never so much as touched a ladle before in her life, or at the very least is a hundred years out of practice, thus Link has been teaching her how to cook, which could be shown in a memory as her first few attempts had humorous results) and sewing up his clothes whenever they get torn (she is established to be a capable seamstress as she personally crafted the Champions' clothes, and the Tunic Link wears in particular surpasses basically any other piece of armour in BotW for raw defence. Girl's got skills).
      Did that feel a little sexist to anyone else? Very literally advocating that Zelda needs to learn some traditional girl skills so she can be a good wife for Link.
      Display Spoiler

1. Why can't Link teach Zelda a genuinely useful skill so they can take turns cooking?
      2. Why can't Zelda take it upon herself to cook for someone she loves?
      3. If the positions were swapped so it was Link learning to cook to help him play a nurturing, husbandlike role in Zelda's life, would you still call it sexist?
      4. What about if Zelda has making breakfast for a girl she loved? Is it still sexist if she's a lesbian?
      5. Did I suggest that Link wouldn't return the gesture on a regular basis? You know, the two doing nice things for each other like a loving couple should?
      6. What is wrong with liking the idea of having a nice wife who might be so considerate as to make you a meal in the morning? I wouldn't balk at someone liking the idea of a nice husband making meals for them. Hell, I hope someday soon I get to be that kind of husband, who greets his wife with a breakfast and a kiss on mornings where she needs to sleep in after working herself to the bone the night before. And I hope in turn I get to enjoy such breakfasts and kisses from her, because sometimes you just feel like showing love and appreciation for your spouse.
      Like it or not, some households still have the traditional "man works outside, woman works inside" set up, because that's what they as a couple are comfortable with. Just because people can live a different lifestyle now doesn't mean they have to. To suggest such is just as sexist as trying to enforce the traditional lifestyle in the first place.

I will acknowledge, I could have worded that part better to indicate she wanted to make breakfast for him while making it clear that wasn't the only reason she was learning how to cook. She's learning how to cook from Link for the same reasons she's learning how to fight and hunt: survival.

How about instead we look at this as "Link's a sleepyhead and Zelda's a nice girl who loves him, so she decides to make him some breakfast that morning"? Why does it have to be anything more than that? To me, it's a dynamic way of keeping the "Link's a sleepyhead" tradition while establishing that Zelda not only is living with him now but is also a very thoughtful and nurturing partner/spouse. How is that a bad thing? Not trying to reinforce gender roles here, just showing this particular couple's dynamic at work.

And shoot, maybe the game can give the player a chance to return the gesture later by having Link get up earlier than Zelda during their travels to make her some breakfast while she rests?
    • Do you actually want me to respond to any of that? I can most definitely get into a debate about gender politics but that is an extremely slippery slope and liable to take this thread significantly off topic. I will do it if you really want to have that debate.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

• Off-Topic
      Display Spoiler

PJCLink wrote:

I take it that you never saw the memories where Link and Zelda were close and getting alone.
      I saw every single memory except some of the DLC because I can't be bothered to finish it.

PJCLink wrote:

Also, this ain't the only version of Link and Zelda that had plenty of chemistry between them. SS Link and Zelda had lots of chemistry. WW Link and Zelda/Tetra had some chemistry going. So did ST Link and Zelda. And MC Link and Zelda. Even the millenniums old sleeping Zelda had the hots for Zelda II Link, for some reason, even though the dude already had a Zelda in his time. Some of the other Links and Zeldas had it too, but not as much as the ones I've mentioned.
      I never said anything about other incarnations. Of course SS Link and Zelda had chemistry. They were already a couple.

PJCLink wrote:

Actually it's confirmed that he does talk, just not very much. He's just quite shy and not very talkative most of the time. Especially when in battle. This applies to most Links. Hence why in most games the things that you choose for him to say aren't that long of sentences.
      I know that. I meant there's no good out-of-universe reason.

The Twilight Realm was basically wizard Australia where every naughty banished person was transformed into some sort of harmless albino penguins.
      ~ Gamtos

WW is Nintendo's Up, basically. Link is Russell, Tetra is Doug, and uh, I guess maybe Tingle is Kevin?

~ Gregarious Tree
    • Lately I've been thinking about a game that ignores all the post-Link's Awakening lore. I'm talking so long ago that gorons didn't exist yet, when the main denizens of Hyrule were humans rather than Hylians. We're at a point where the green hat and shirt combo isn't required, maybe the Master Sword isn't even required. It would of course be a radical tone shift and I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't like it, but it could be neat. Hell, they could even bring Christian symbols (Hylia/Zelda symbolism aside) back into it if we're going that far back, just because why not. I feel like a degree of lore, crypts, and ancient texts would be required that's far past what Nintendo does, though.
      A straight-up Zelda 1 reboot might work, but a new game would be better I think.

I should just go play more Castlevania.

Or a 3D game set in New Hyrule, that could be baller. My brother's idea for a game back in like 2010 used New Hyrule, but pretty much all his other ideas (Important twist NPC sells you items for nonlinear dungeons, races across Hyrule lend you their help and powers to complete dungeons, ditching the cap because it looks dumb, being able to fly, climbing surfaces, advanced technology interlaced with traditional themes) have been done in just the last few years.

He also had the idea for a sweet hookshot variant called the Spinarette, where you could shoot it at 2 surfaces in a line and then zip across it in either direction, or use it to attach things a la Just Cause.
    • I really love to see a true Zelda III inspired 2D Zelda game that actually sets after Zelda I and II as an ALBW type of sequel, set in the same game world of Zelda I but up-scaled, with more to explore in each area.

The game should bring back Link's Green Tunic as the tunic you start with, but as you progress, you can find tunics inspired by the Champion's Tunic and the Hylian Tunic from BotW. The Champion's Tunic would maintain it's name and serve the similar purpose as the Blue Ring from Zelda I and the Blue Mail from ALttP. While the Hylian Tunic would be renamed to the Warrior's Tunic as it play a similar role to the Red Ring from Zelda I and the Red Mail from ALttP.

Each main tunic would come with a cap, but said caps don't exactly have to be equipped to have the effect of the tunic. Only the main tunics alone effect Link's defense. The caps are optional.

The cap to the Hero's Tunic is green obviously. The cap to the Champion's Tunic should be yellow as homage to ALttP. And the cap to the Warrior's Tunic should be purple as homage to ALttP as well, especially since the Hylian Tunic in BotW had the famous green sleeves that Red Mail had in both ALttP and ALBW. So it make sense for the Warrior's Tunic cap to be purple for that sense of nostalgia.

The starter shield should be the Cross Shield based on the small wooden shield from Zelda I. The Cross Shield can be upgraded to the Magic Shield (the second main shield) just like the starter shield in ALttP could and how the shields in SS were upgrade-able.

The third main shield would of course be the Hylian Shield. Just like in TFH and BotW, there will also be a bunch of optional clothing options. And like BotW, a bunch of optional weapons and shields arsenal. Like SS, there will also be a storage and repair system for weapons and shields.

Main Sub-Items would still be a thing, featuring the Boomerang, Bombs, Hookshot, and etc. The types of inventory are Melee Weapons (Swords, Daggers, Spears/Lances, etc), Ranged Weapons (Bows and Arrows, Crossbows, and Magic Rods with elemental/magical based blasts), Key Items, Equipment (clothing), and traditional Sub-Items (which will function like Runes).

Basically imagine a sort of 2D BotW but better than BotW and in a more traditional inspired style. Not to mention the return of traditional dungeons, real music, better enemy variety, and classic bosses (like Aquamentus, Dodongo, Gohma, etc).

Cajbaj wrote:

Or a 3D game set in New Hyrule, that could be baller.
      I agree with this.

Cajbaj wrote:

ditching the cap because it looks dumb
      I at point thought the cap would look weird in real life (especially with being so long). But never, have I ever thought it looked dumb (at least not seriously). Lately, I've felt that Link's hat to should be shorter again like the old school first two Zelda games. As it looks better in real life when it's short. I really think it's more the length that's the problem. Not the style.
    • TriforceHolder wrote:

My apologies. I meant the ability to communicate, that does not nessesarilly require a verbal component.

TP Link and Midna seem to communicate quite well despite us never seeing Link talk. Whereas with BotW Link it feels very much like Zelda is screaming at a brick wall. Maybe it’s cause the game has VA that it stands out so sharply.

I really don't think so. I have seen a lot of fandubs of previous titles, where it still feels more natural despite Link being silent. Aonuma himself has said that Link's soullessness in BotW was intentional, because he wanted it to be easier for the player to live through him (a.k.a. like an avatar). Yeah, I can totally live through a damn brick wall. What was he thinking?

TWW-Link, TP-Link and SS-Link had all souls with well non-verbal communication and reactions. But for some reason Aonuma decided to take 10 steps back for the game where we finally got actual voice acting. It should have been the opposite. Not necessarily that Link himself should have got VA (I would not mind though), but at the very least find ways to make him fit the new setting.
    • @Cajbaj, that’s the wrong way around. Hylians were the original denizens of Hyrule. Humans arose as a subspecies that had lost certain defining abilities and genetic traits.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

• TriforceHolder wrote:

@Cajbaj, that’s the wrong way around. Hylians were the original denizens of Hyrule. Humans arose as a subspecies that had lost certain defining abilities and genetic traits.
      Yeah, I know. In A Link to the Past, the Hylian bloodline has thinned significantly, it's basically all humans at that point.
    • ? You’re post said you wanted to go back in Hyrule’s history to before Hylians when there were just humans.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"