Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    Master Ideas! Wishes/Wants/Ideas for Future Zelda titles
    • I said convoluted not confusing. There is a difference.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

      Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

      Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • PJCLink wrote:

      And WW is actually considered a legend, not to mention that it falls into a different timeline anyways. Yes, I know that BotW is in all three timelines. But I really do feel that the CT placement is the true one for obvious reasons.
      Again?

      What the Hell are you smoking to think WW is "just a legend"?

      BotW does not take place at the end of all timelines. You seem to think it's canon but don't like it, so I think you're just misinterpreting Nintendo's official timeline. There is no line linking BotW to any other games. All the official timeline tells us is that it takes place at the end of a timeline.

      As for its actual placement, while I will give you points for not advocating AT or convergence, I still think you're wrong. There's no doubt in my mind that BotW takes place at the end of the DT. I don't know what you're talking about when you say the reasons for placing it in the CT are obvious. I literally cannot recall any solid argument for placing it there.
      The Twilight Realm was basically wizard Australia where every naughty banished person was transformed into some sort of harmless albino penguins.
      ~ Gamtos

      WW is Nintendo's Up, basically. Link is Russell, Tetra is Doug, and uh, I guess maybe Tingle is Kevin?

      ~ Gregarious Tree
    • PJCLink wrote:

      Um, no. Convoluted and confusing are the same thing.

      Convoluted denotes something that is sprawled and wrapped around itself in a huge mess. In the case of an argument or idea it would be one that is disjointed or gets to its point in a very round about manner.

      Confusing is a descriptor applied to someone's ability (or rather inability) to understand something being discussed.

      It is not uncommon for something convoluted to be confusing for many that read it but they are not the same thing. For instance if you have a ball of yarn that is hopelessly tangled it is convoluted however if I looked at it and were able to work out which strings to rearrange to disentangle it with relative ease then you could not claim that it was confusing to me but it was still a convoluted mess.

      Similarly your statements about Breath of the Wild and the various timelines were a convoluted mess. I understood them perfectly but that does not make them any less of a mess.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

      Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

      Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • Are you really going to bring back the Ad Hominem again? Oh God, please don't get that whole mess started again.

      Kokiri Kid wrote:

      What the Hell are you smoking to think WW is "just a legend"?
      More Ad Hominem. But seriously, WW, for one never fit as game that takes place in a timeline where the Hero is gone. Especially considering that Ganondorf straight out implies that Hero of Winds is the Hero of Time reborn.

      But the game can't set in any of the other timelines due to the controversial destruction of Hyrule.

      Kokiri Kid wrote:

      BotW does not take place at the end of all timelines.
      It's on the official website! It's in all three official branches of the official timeline. Look it up!

      Kokiri Kid wrote:

      You seem to think it's canon but don't like it, so I think you're just misinterpreting Nintendo's official timeline. There is no line linking BotW to any other games. All the official timeline tells us is that it takes place at the end of a timeline.
      Then why is it literally smacked right on there at the end of all three timelines? It's one thing to have a headcanon that defies official canon. But please stop saying it's not confirmed when it is! I hate the timeline too. But you don't see me saying it's not confirmed when it unfortunately is! I did mention one time that I don't think it was meant to be canon originally. But the sad truth is, especially in recent time, it's canon! You can have your headcanon, but you can't deny 100% confirmed facts!

      Nintendo themselves even admitted that BotW is in fact at the end of each timeline. It's official!

      Kokiri Kid wrote:

      As for its actual placement, while I will give you points for not advocating AT or convergence, I still think you're wrong.
      Even more Ad Hominem.

      Kokiri Kid wrote:

      There's no doubt in my mind that BotW takes place at the end of the DT.
      Even though the game straight out mentions a game that is not at all set in the DT, but instead the CT.

      Kokiri Kid wrote:

      I don't know what you're talking about when you say the reasons for placing it in the CT are obvious. I literally cannot recall any solid argument for placing it there.
      "Skyward bound", "Adrift in Time", "Steeped in the glowing embers of Twilight" - Zelda (BotW)

      These three are clear nods to SS, OoT, and TP. Notice how there's no mention of WW, ALttP, or any of those other games. And yes, there are in other versions and in a second part obscured or whatever. But the three I mentioned are the only ones emphasized in the English version, which is the version I follow. They wouldn't be emphasized if they weren't important.

      Then there's the Goron Monument, featuring Cor Goron, who only appeared in TP. TP does not happen in the AT or DT. Only in the CT. Also, the same with the Bridge of Hylia, which also only exists in the CT.

      You can argue the similarities of Link's Tunic of the Wild, the Lynels, etc to that of the DT. But remember that BotW wouldn't be the only game that makes a lot of people think DT, but actually falls in the CT. Come on! We all can't forget about FSA! A game clearly designing with ALttP in mind, but yet it's in a completely different timeline.

      TriforceHolder wrote:

      Convoluted denotes something that is sprawled and wrapped around itself in a huge mess. In the case of an argument or idea it would be one that is disjointed or gets to its point in a very round about manner.

      Confusing is a descriptor applied to someone's ability (or rather inability) to understand something being discussed.

      It is not uncommon for something convoluted to be confusing for many that read it but they are not the same thing. For instance if you have a ball of yarn that is hopelessly tangled it is convoluted however if I looked at it and were able to work out which strings to rearrange to disentangle it with relative ease then you could not claim that it was confusing to me but it was still a convoluted mess.

      Similarly your statements about Breath of the Wild and the various timelines were a convoluted mess. I understood them perfectly but that does not make them any less of a mess.
      1) Basically what you mean is that convoluted and confusing can often be seen as similar, but they're not the same. So, more so, they are similar.

      2) My statements weren't as messy as you claim. A little bit, I'd admit. But they weren't that messy. The only real convoluted part was mentioning WW as an example in the first place, then later not. Other than that, they're not that convoluted.
    • Please don't make me define Ad Hominem for you again. Someone telling you they think you are wrong does not qualify.

      As for Breath of the Wild it contains references to every single Zelda game in existence so claiming it's timeline placement based on its references to other games in the same branch doesn't hold merit because it references games in multiple branches.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

      Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

      Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by TriforceHolder ().

    • TriforceHolder wrote:

      Please don't make me define Ad Hominem for you again. Someone telling they think you are wrong does not qualify.
      Again, the last time, if it's directed towards the target individual (in this case, me, in which case, it is), then yes, it does. Especially if it convince me of my position on the matter being wrong at all!

      For example, random short video meme-like reactions do not prove anything wrong. They are considered a direct attack, therefore, they are Ad Hominem.

      Same goes for saying I'm wrong with nothing to back such words.

      TriforceHolder wrote:

      As for Breath of the Wild it contains references to every single Zelda game in existence so claiming it's timeline placement based on its references to other games in the same branch doesn't hold merit because it references games in multiple branches.
      Uh, names are nothing and pale in comparison to actual visual representation! Can you find a statue of Niko or Osfala anywhere? No!

      What about land timeline exclusive landmarks/buildings from AT or DT like the Tower of the Gods or the Tower of Hera? Can you find those anywhere? No!

      The only landmarks/places from the DT also appeared in OoT.

      That said, yes, the CT references do hold merit. A lot more than what is mostly just a bunch of names!
    • Ad hominem requires a directed attack. The fact that people disagreeing with you offends you does not make such disagreement an attack on your character. Moreover the "you are wrong" was followed by a fair amount of fact based argument displaying why and how Kokiri Kid disagreed with your position so isolating one sentence from the wider reply so that it can be denounced as Ad Hominem is considered a rather dirty tactic.

      If you choose to disregard proof that contradicts your position simply because it is inconvenient then a ration discussion cannot be maintained. Though by your own standards both the Rito and the Koroks as races are Adult Timeline specific while the Hebra Mountains are from A Link to the Past.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

      Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

      Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • TriforceHolder wrote:

      Ad hominem requires a directed attack.
      Meme-style video reaction qualifies as directed attack! It's called trolling! Or in this case, baiting!

      TriforceHolder wrote:

      The fact that people disagreeing with you offends you does not make such disagreement an attack on your character.
      It does if the disagreement is in form of trolling/baiting, like oh, I don't know, short meme video reactions.

      TriforceHolder wrote:

      Moreover the "you are wrong" was followed by a fair amount of fact based argument displaying why and how Kokiri Kid disagreed with your position so isolating one sentence from the wider reply so that it can be denounced as Ad Hominem is considered a rather dirty tactic.
      Nah. What Kokiri Kid was doing was a dirty way of using Ad Hominem. As his argument, while targeting the argument, involves things that are considered direct attacks. He keeps doing it in a way that seems innocent at first glance which is the only reason why I haven't reported him yet cause it won't work since he cleverly social engineered Ad Hominem in what seems like innocent responses. It's a bully tactic, which I consider dirty.

      If you have a problem with how I respond to people, then that makes you not much different. You do not directly insult/bait people like that so discreetly like that through innocent looking arguments. Just because you can get away with tactics like that, doesn't mean that it's right. You're still attacking/baiting a person directly, even if you include reasonable arguments along with the insult/bait.

      That is the most dirty most dangerous way of using Ad Hominem. It's bad enough to drive victims insane to the point of wanting to commit suicide. It's consider cyber bullying, which is a terrible hate crime!

      I've seen a guy who was on Youtube leave the internet in tears because of such sadistic cyber bullies. The main cyber bully who was involved in that moment eventually got bit by Karma for what he did. That's how life is. You do bad things like hurt people mentally or emotionally on the internet, you are going to regret it! I guarantee you.

      I know this discussion is getting very serious, but hey, you're the one who pointed "dirty tactic" accusation at me. Calling me out as if I'm the bad guy when it is false.

      TriforceHolder wrote:

      If you choose to disregard proof that contradicts your position simply because it is inconvenient then a ration discussion cannot be maintained. Though by your own standards both the Rito and the Koroks as races are Adult Timeline specific while the Hebra Mountains are from A Link to the Past.
      The Koroks and Rito have already been discussed many times to be able to exist at any time. Rito most definitely considering that they appear in TP HD's castle town mural. While the Koroks are just an alternate form that the kokiri take on in certain occasions. There's even a Makar picture in ALBW. Yes, I know ALBW is in the DT, but the fact that Koroks are referenced in a different timeline other than the AT shows that they can exist at any time.

      And lastly, the Hebra Mountains in BotW is believed to be partially in TP in the form of Snowpeak. Also, it's an earthly landmark a part of the world's geography. It's not a building therefore, it's another thing that can exist at anytime. It's not like the Bridge of Hylia, which is likely built only in the CT.

      So again, the CT still holds more merit. I mean, Aonuma, the man himself, even stated that he saw TP as an origin point for BotW.

      TP is officially a part of BotW's history according to in-game contents and even the man himself. That's something that can't be denied.

      Anyways, you are carrying this thread off-topic again.

      To bring this thread back on topic...again. I still stand on my desire for a game set in the time period of the 10,000 year backstory of BotW.

      Post by ich Will ().

      This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
    • That’s not ad hominem. Ad hominem has a very specific definition and rule that an arguement must follow in order to qualify. I’ve explained it several times so I’m not sure there’s more I can say that will make you understand but the very basic idea is this. They wish to avoid addressing the current arguement at hand. If they address it in any way then it is not ad hominem. It might still be a dirty tactic but it is not ad hominem.

      Please stop screaming that every time you face opposition. It makes you look childish and quite frankly like you don’t know what the phrase means.

      Cyber bullying is never a good thing but there is a pretty big difference between that and what Kokiri Kid is doing which really boils down to just being kind of impolite. And if you really do feel what he is doing is cyber bullying and that the mods will not help you this thread might not be the best place for you. Willfully remaining in a place in which you feel harm is being done to your psyche when you have the option to leave is not the healthiest of choices.

      Incidentally didn’t you say you weren’t coming back cause you don’t like the mods telling you what you can and can’t discuss?
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

      Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

      Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • If there was an item from a previous game that were to return in some form what would everyone like to see.

      Personally I’d like to see the Magic Medallions from ALttP that cause a variety of environmental effects.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

      Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

      Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • Mod Note:

      Stay on topic please! Don't make me get @Dark Miku Reigns in here!


      BotW Zelda in her purple Hylian Tunic, by my husband, DarkSilver.

      "Breath of the Wild: "Zelda's Redemption" Chapter 3 now up!

      After Calamity Ganon's defeat, a devastated Zelda must come to terms with her ruined kingdom, dead friends, and the resentment of the Hero who had saved her, but lost his fiancee. When all hope seems lost, she comes across a legend of a holy relic that can set things right, if she can find the ancient keys to access it. With the help of new friends, and without Link, can Zelda finally become a legend, on her own terms?
    • Violetlight wrote:

      Mod Note:

      Stay on topic please! Don't make me get @Dark Miku Reigns in here!

      I think it’s a bit late for that. :3nod

      Dark Miku Reigns wrote:

      Mod note:

      Here's a better idea - let's get things back on topic here.

      This thread is not a timeline discussion thread (take that to the theory section) nor is it a thread to determining the meaning of words/phrases.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

      Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

      Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by TriforceHolder ().

    • TriforceHolder wrote:

      If there was an item from a previous game that were to return in some form what would everyone like to see.

      Personally I’d like to see the Magic Medallions from ALttP that cause a variety of environmental effects.
      I'd like to see the Sage Medallions return, now with actual gameplay uses. I suspect Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and Nayru's Love were originally going to be Medallion spells. They fit the Fire, Forest, and Water Medallions easily. Although, using them to summon the actual Sage would be even cooler, not to mention incredibly flavorful to the story. They are supposed to be adding the Sage's power to yours, after all.

      Heh, imagine a sort of ALttP/OoT hybrid that rewards you with a Medallion every time you clear a dungeon and awaken a sage. Maybe a sequel to ALBW could implement that?

      Another idea I've had in the past would be a Zelda/Fire Emblem crossover (I posted a topic about it over on the Serenes Forest forum), in the same sense that Hyrule Warriors was a Zelda/Musou crossover.

      Display Spoiler
      Zelda's setting merges with Fire Emblem gameplay in Campaign, where Link and Zelda lead an army against monsters and villains invading Hyrule. Your units can pair up in attack or defense formations, and can develop relationships that yield various rewards including items, bond skills, and maybe even new units in the form of offspring traveling from the future through the Temple of Time. Bonus chapters and campaigns could take your army to new lands such as Holodrum, Labrynna, Termina, Lorule, and the Twilight Realm. It may even be possible to recruit legendary units like OoT's Sages or other incarnations of Link and Zelda. These legendary units function much like the Einherjar of Fire Emblem Awakening; they're cool bonus units that can help you out in a pinch, but they don't have support conversations and thus do not yield any relationship rewards.

      In Adventure, a small band of 1-6 units from your army explore Hyrule in search of useful materials and treasure, while getting into the occasional skirmish with monsters or bandits. Travelers and villagers in need of help provide rewarding sidequests. Like in Campaign, units can build support here. Different areas of Hyrule open up in Adventure as you complete Campaign chapters. One unit is your squad's designated leader, serving as the centerpoint for your squad's formation at the start of each skirmish.

      Finally, there's My Village where you spend materials and Rupees to construct buildings at which you can assign units from your army to provide utility services, such as a blacksmith where the unit can craft weapons for your army, a farm that produces food, and even a fairy fountain that can bless the unit visiting it or occasionally provide you with a valuable Fairy that a unit can keep in their inventory which will revive them should they fall in battle. Many buildings can be upgraded or expanded, increasing the quality of their production and allowing you to assign more than one unit to them at a time. Like in Campaign and Adventure, if two compatible units work together in the same building, they can build support. Buildings can also be demolished if necessary to make room for new buildings.

      Campaign, Adventure, and My Village interact with each other, making it rewarding to play all three modes.

      Fates color-based weapon triangle returns, now with three weapon types per color:

      Red - Swords, Bombs, Earth/Fire Tomes
      Green - Axes, Bows, Wind/Lightning Tomes
      Blue - Lances, Daggers, Water/Ice Tomes

      In addition, Staves and Stones return as colorless weapons.


      And of course there's also that Pokemon/Zelda crossover topic I put up a while back.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Miles ().

    • Hmm I've never played the Ratchet and Clank games, but googling basically makes it seem like a way to store certain things you suck in and fire them back even stronger. Seems like a good idea, although maybe it'd be too similar to the Suck Cannon if Nintendo goes down that path? To me a more Nintendo way of doing the storage thing might be to have it store objects that can be used for puzzles, but that's me.