Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    Master Ideas! Wishes/Wants/Ideas for Future Zelda titles
    • Kokiri Kid wrote:

      TriforceHolder, your pitch sounds great and all, but with Skull Kid still cursing Termina without Link to stop him, how would the four "Champions" (great BotW connection you made there) not die (except of course Kafei)?

      That sort of goes somewhat into the mystery of the Sky Goddess. Essentially in this universe Zelda was the chosen hero and Link the god. Instead of reincarnation Zelda was made immortal and has been manipulating the goings on in Termina since Link's departure. In this version without a hero setting right the wrongs that Skull Kid perpetrated Zelda used the magicks she'd been left with to revive Darmani and the Deku Bulter's Son, heal Mikau's wounds and gave the Great Fairy's Sword to Kafei and let him into the Stone Tower.

      Zugioh wrote:

      But I genuinely want these gigantic monsters that were cut from BotW:

      Not exactly cut. They were concept works for the Guardians that they didn't end up using. Though since the Guardians set the aesthetic tone for Breath of the Wild what do you think the game would have looked like if they'd used that freaky multi eyed monstrosity instead of the tech spider? In that version were the Sheikah experimenting with bio weapons?
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

      Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

      Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • Kokiri Kid wrote:

      My point is that your proposition doesn't actually "solve" anything.
      Well, it is better than the whole thing just being left to our imagination based on an ending that never actually happened in-game.

      Kokiri Kid wrote:

      Stop skipping words. It's becoming confusing.
      If you're talking about me forgetting to put "not" between "should" and "have" in the last sentence of that quote you responded to, then yeah, sorry about that. I always for some reason, unintentionally, accidentally do that sometimes. I don't know why. But it's fixed now anyways, so. Yeah, I really need read over the things I type before posting more often, to make sure I don't leave words out. I hate when I leave words out.

      It's even worse when I thought I typed whole details in, but actually didn't. So I definitely understand where you coming at here. It really is annoying when I forget stuff in my posts.

      Kokiri Kid wrote:

      Anyway, the obvious solution would be to simply add a bad ending or, if you ask me, a different ending that isn't a what-if, to OoT, like they should've done with the 3D version. Unfortunately, they were too concerned with making that version exactly the same as the original, which, while a good option, should not come at the cost of new features. A remake should always add new content.
      Yeah, I agree with you there. But sadly, no such thing happened. And we got stuck with a forced upon third timeline based on a non-existent third ending. So yeah, I agree that if they really cared about making sure their timeline made any sense at all, they should've confirmed the new alleged third ending right then and there with the release of OoT 3D, by actually including it in the remake. But they didn't.

      So because they didn't, their only option now is to make a sequel or sorts and retcon the timing of Ganon's victory while keeping everything else the same. I say this cause there's no they're going to make another full scale remake of OoT again anytime soon. We might get a port of the 3DS one but that's about it.

      And yes, remakes should always add new content. Not just new features, changes to bosses, a new but completely useless item, or small minor additions like fishing ponds or sidequest(s). But they need to add at least one new dungeon (TPHD's cave of shadows doesn't count cause it was wolf link exclusive and it wasn't really a dungeon), new stuff to do, any new scenes if necessary, etc. It should actually feel like a remake, like a new experience, and well worth the buy.

      Nintendo really needs to take notes from Square-Enix, the masters of handling remakes. Square actually knows how to make good remakes. While Nintendo just slaps in some minor new features and makes things look prettier just as a cheap desperate way to grab money from their fans.

      Zugioh wrote:

      Whether or not this has been posted here, I have no idea.

      But I genuinely want these gigantic monsters that were cut from BotW:

      I know these are early concept art of the guardians but it'd be really cool and interesting if they revived these designs for new enemies in the next 3D Zelda, even if it's a sequel to BotW. They might have to downscale them though and make less terrifying, unless they want another T rated game like TP. But yeah, either way, they definitely have to be down-scaled in size, unless they use them as bosses.

      They could even use the crab looking thing into a base design for a new version of Gohma. All they would have to do is replace the multiple eyes with just one big eye. Or just keep the big one in the middle that's already there, but just get rid of the other eyes. That'd be really cool! I really miss Gohma and wish she'd make a return in the next 3D Zelda in some form.

      And can even change that big fuzzy spider thing into a giant Skulltula boss. Not sure what they would do with other two big guardian early version things, but it'd also be cool to them reworked as interesting boss fights as well.
    • As of BotW the Gerudo are also getting very unfortunately indistinct from the Hylians. Take away the last marked biological difference and give it a game or two and they will essentially be desert hylians if they still live in the desert at all.

      Somewhat disagree with that statement.
      Gerudo women are not only almost three feet taller than they used to be, their waistline is near inhuman, with hips jutting out at the side all funky.

      I do miss the round ears and yellow eyes though.
    • Zugioh wrote:

      Whether or not this has been posted here, I have no idea.

      But I genuinely want these gigantic monsters that were cut from BotW:

      I really like the idea of having overpowered enemies just wandering around in the world. Monsters that you aren't supposed to ever beat but just avoid. Like a constant threat that will prevent you from ever feeling OP. I think most of us felt that way for the Guardian Stalkers and Lynels in BotW at first... and that was a really great feeling. I want that kind of feel back but permanently. And I think that you "theoretically" should be able to beat them, but that it would require a ridiculous amount of effort in doing so.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by MVS ().

    • gamtos wrote:

      As of BotW the Gerudo are also getting very unfortunately indistinct from the Hylians. Take away the last marked biological difference and give it a game or two and they will essentially be desert hylians if they still live in the desert at all.
      Somewhat disagree with that statement.
      Gerudo women are not only almost three feet taller than they used to be, their waistline is near inhuman, with hips jutting out at the side all funky.

      I do miss the round ears and yellow eyes though.
      I meant culturally. They do have different racial traits that I doubt that will ever disappear completely but the female only births is the only definitive trait that forces those writing for the Gerudo to write their culture as distinct. They can't be like the Hylians because their female only society has to be accounted for. Breath of the Wild took some steps in that regard like giving them a few legends and some unique language phrases but they also purged the Gerudo's "completely separate from the Hylians" goddess and implied that though it wasn't popular now they did worship Hylia at some point. Plus given the Seven Heroine's tie to a shrine they may be Gerudoized versions of the Sages. It was sort of like two step forward and six steps back. If the Gerudo lose the only element that absolutely forces the writers to differentiate them culturally from the Hylians the lack of effort Nintendo has been putting into the NPCs is going to result in the Gerudo and the Hylian being identical in all but a few physical aspects.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

      Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

      Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by TriforceHolder ().

    • Zugioh wrote:

      But I genuinely want these gigantic monsters that were cut from BotW:
      Designing the Guardians was one of the first things done for BotW, right? We saw their final design as a major element of the game way back in 2014. I feel like if we had gotten anything else, then BotW would have been a very different game. I'm unbelievably satisfied with what we got, so I'm glad that it happened the way it did.

      That said, MAN I want a game that has monster designs of this caliber. Super out-of-character for Nintendo, but it would be incredible. I hope the next game goes for a darker feel, with more caverns and dank dungeons. I suppose I could just play Dark Souls, but Zelda was what gave me that feeling as a kid and it's kind of lost that.
    • TriforceHolder wrote:

      Kokiri Kid wrote:

      TriforceHolder, your pitch sounds great and all, but with Skull Kid still cursing Termina without Link to stop him, how would the four "Champions" (great BotW connection you made there) not die (except of course Kafei)?
      That sort of goes somewhat into the mystery of the Sky Goddess. Essentially in this universe Zelda was the chosen hero and Link the god. Instead of reincarnation Zelda was made immortal and has been manipulating the goings on in Termina since Link's departure. In this version without a hero setting right the wrongs that Skull Kid perpetrated Zelda used the magicks she'd been left with to revive Darmani and the Deku Bulter's Son, heal Mikau's wounds and gave the Great Fairy's Sword to Kafei and let him into the Stone Tower.

      Zugioh wrote:

      But I genuinely want these gigantic monsters that were cut from BotW:
      Not exactly cut. They were concept works for the Guardians that they didn't end up using. Though since the Guardians set the aesthetic tone for Breath of the Wild what do you think the game would have looked like if they'd used that freaky multi eyed monstrosity instead of the tech spider? In that version were the Sheikah experimenting with bio weapons?


      You're right, it's concept art - my bad. Although it just shows that they truly have terrifying ideas going forward. I would never have expected the designers to come up with something this frightening for a Zelda game. Just to know that the potential is there is truly exciting. Nintendo knows that the Zelda fanbase is growing older as they are. Releasing a T/M rated Zelda game would not be a first for them, and although it might limit their audience for that particular release, it would make that isolated experience much more memorable.

      Although I would not be surprised if the rating wasn't affected, considering this fucking thing got into a E rated game:




      To summarise, they made the right choice in not including these ideas for BotW - as these monsters would definitely not fit the tone of the current game. We can all agree on that. However, it makes me hopeful that there will be a Majora's Mask-style sequel to the game, reusing the same engine & mechanincs but with a much darker overworld/story/monster variety.
      Psn: Zugioh
      Nintendo ID: HeroOfClocktown
      --

    • TriforceHolder wrote:

      I think with that idea, with a male lawless band of criminals who require another population to survive you face the very disturbing implication that they rape and pillage in order to reproduce which doesn’t sound like the best thing for Zelda’s image or really the kind of race that Link should be assisting over putting in the ground.

      The implied means by which the female Gerudo reproduce is already pretty skeezy and that one can assume is with full consent.

      Not to mention that if one tribe is cursed to only produce men and the other only produce women wouldn’t the union of those two be infertility not normality? The women can’t bear sons for these men and these men can’t produce girls for these women so they’re left with no children at all.

      As of BotW the Gerudo are also getting very unfortunately indistinct from the Hylians. Take away the last marked biological difference and give it a game or two and they will essentially be desert hylians if they still live in the desert at all.

      Well nobody said they had to be thieves. I mean, sure, we can assume Hyrule's Gerudo were doing that before Ganondorf came along, but on the other hand they moved away from that practice once he was gone, so it's possible he was a major influence on their thieving lifestyle. Yeah, it's possible the female leader of the male Gerudo in question could likewise be a villain in the model of Cia or Twinrova, but the male Gerudo could also be portrayed as a more hospitable culture. Perhaps they do commit crimes, but only at the command of their queen.

      And if they do take prisoners, perhaps they at least try to be accomodating, reflecting their desire to be more peaceful and hospitable. Say they abducted Zelda at the Queen's command in order to draw Link's attention; the Gerudo men holding her captive do all they can to make her captivity as comfortable as possible (like by offering her food and Gerudo clothes more comfortable for desert temperatures), at least when the queen isn't commanding them to do otherwise. And when the Queen is inevitably dethroned, the Gerudo men are all too happy to hear that a tribe of Gerudo women exist within Hyrule's borders.

      And again, maybe the union breaks the curse?
    • Those two curses don’t counter each other though, they combine with complimentary effects into an even greater negative consequence.

      There is a major problem. With a tribe that can only produce females the implication of Ocarina of Time is that the Gerudo women go Castle Town for anonymous sex with Hylian men so they can get pregnant. They then return to their own tribe to raise the child. Now that is a little skeezy but is essentially a functioning bargain. The men get a night of what can be assumed to be fantastic sex given the physical prowess of the Gerudo free from any consequences of the night. The Gerudo gets a child and the chance to continue their race.

      The problem is that when you reverse the genders there becomes a very serious problem of time. Hylians are this world’s equivalent to human so we can assume a similar incubation period of nine months give or take two either way for racial creativity. Assuming the male Gerudo aren’t rapists and have full consent: the Gerudo/Hylian understanding above functions pretty much solely on the Hylian having to make no further effort in the matter following the initial hook up. The number of Hylian women likely to commit to spending several month pregnant with a child they will never see again for the benefit of a people that (if they’re anything like OoT Gerudo) aren’t considered nicely by the general populous is so few that the male Gerudo tribe would likely die out from lack of children unless they turned to kidnaping and forcing themselves on prisoners in order to reproduce which unfortunately leads us back to “Why would Link consider helping these people over killing them?” There’s a fat gap between “this tribe steals the supplies they need from others to keep themselves alive” and “this tribe commits crimes that will leave the victims with lasting psychological damage till the day they die to reproduce”.

      And yes I would imagine there would be some successful Hylian/MGerudo romances or surrogates but it wouldn’t be enough to sustain the birthdate of an entire tribe for multiple generations.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

      Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

      Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • Display Spoiler

      Zugioh wrote:

      TriforceHolder wrote:

      Kokiri Kid wrote:

      TriforceHolder, your pitch sounds great and all, but with Skull Kid still cursing Termina without Link to stop him, how would the four "Champions" (great BotW connection you made there) not die (except of course Kafei)?
      That sort of goes somewhat into the mystery of the Sky Goddess. Essentially in this universe Zelda was the chosen hero and Link the god. Instead of reincarnation Zelda was made immortal and has been manipulating the goings on in Termina since Link's departure. In this version without a hero setting right the wrongs that Skull Kid perpetrated Zelda used the magicks she'd been left with to revive Darmani and the Deku Bulter's Son, heal Mikau's wounds and gave the Great Fairy's Sword to Kafei and let him into the Stone Tower.

      Zugioh wrote:

      But I genuinely want these gigantic monsters that were cut from BotW:
      Not exactly cut. They were concept works for the Guardians that they didn't end up using. Though since the Guardians set the aesthetic tone for Breath of the Wild what do you think the game would have looked like if they'd used that freaky multi eyed monstrosity instead of the tech spider? In that version were the Sheikah experimenting with bio weapons?

      You're right, it's concept art - my bad. Although it just shows that they truly have terrifying ideas going forward. I would never have expected the designers to come up with something this frightening for a Zelda game. Just to know that the potential is there is truly exciting. Nintendo knows that the Zelda fanbase is growing older as they are. Releasing a T/M rated Zelda game would not be a first for them, and although it might limit their audience for that particular release, it would make that isolated experience much more memorable.

      Although I would not be surprised if the rating wasn't affected, considering this fucking thing got into a E rated game:




      To summarise, they made the right choice in not including these ideas for BotW - as these monsters would definitely not fit the tone of the current game. We can all agree on that. However, it makes me hopeful that there will be a Majora's Mask-style sequel to the game, reusing the same engine & mechanincs but with a much darker overworld/story/monster variety.


      Not to get your hopes up, but the Zelda-team is kind of known for to go back to older ideas for future releases that didn't made the way to the previous/current one. That was one of the reasons if I am not mistaken why they couldn't include the "lost water dungeon" in TWW HD since they implemented that in Twilight Princess instead. Somebody can correct me if I am wrong.

      Still, a part of me think that they just go wild in the concept/brainstorming process and don't care how unfitting everything is. At the end of the day they will scratch most "dark ideas" just to be more available to people. Yes Dead Hand made it to OoT, but at that time this kind of stuff was very sloppy. OoT 3D got +12 for example, which also is pretty strange since that was the same BotW got... so wtf? You can't get more scarier for Zelda standards than Dead Hand and Redeads (OoT), so Nintendo should not hold back so much.

      I think Nintendo want the next console title to stand out and be as different as possible from BotW without ditching the open air-concept... so perhaps we indeed will get a "darker" game after all. BotW is basically the "casual" or mainstream Zelda experience and they did great in that considering that it is the greatest selling Zelda game by far, and it just keeps selling. Now they may want to attract another kind of audience to broaden the fanbase even wider. I am just thinking aloud at this point.

      I am absolutely not saying that the next title should be a horror game, but just a darker/colder atmosphere where grief/sorrow and uneasiness are main ingrediences, a bit like... Majora's Mask.

      The post was edited 4 times, last by MVS ().

    • TriforceHolder wrote:

      Plus given the Seven Heroine's tie to a shrine they may be Gerudoized versions of the Sages. It was sort of like two step forward and six steps back.
      The fans keep getting the silly idea that eight statues of tall humanoids with swords and never-seen-before symbols relating to never-heard-before virtues who are called Heroines are the same as the OoT sages.

      That's your own fault, not the game's.
    • Actually I’d assume they’re related to the ALttP Maidens as they’re all female, much much closer in physical appearance and weren’t given proper titles in the original game so unique crests and virtues would be consistent. Of course if you really wanted to read them as the OoT sages it is very common for one culture to adapt the stories and legends of a neighbouring one. And in this case in that adapatation process making the OoT Sgaes relevant to the Gerudo would be easiest done by making them Gerudo in the story. Give it a few thousand years to germinate and mutate and you have a story that’s culturally distinct enough to be claimed as part of Gerudo heritage but have a pretty unfortunate tie directly to Hylian mythology. The same way all the religions in the areas surrounding Greece and Palestine have a world ending flood myth though the specifics have changed between them. Regardless of who they might be though the Seven Heroine Statue’s link to a shrine intrinsically links the Gerudo to the Sheikah and the fight against Calamity Ganon. While I would not have wished for an evil Gerudo tribe the morally grey nature of them in OoT was their most interesting feature whereas now as with a lot of things they seem to be entirely synced with Hylian viewpoints which I feel diminishes them as a unique race.

      Incidentally it is incredibly annoying when someone takes on point in a larger taprestry I was weaving and just targets a small inconsistency in that as though it invalidates everything I was saying.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

      Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

      Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • According to ZU's own Wiki, the Gerudo text on all the Heroine statues (the main Seven, and the Eighth) all say "Seven Sages" on them.

      zelda.gamepedia.com/Gerudo_Typ…lations#East_Gerudo_Ruins

      If that's not a clear indication that the Heroines are Gerudo-ized representations of at least one group of Sages, I don't know what is. It may not have been the OoT Sages in particular, but it does reference the legend of the Sages in general.


      BotW Zelda in her purple Hylian Tunic, by my husband, DarkSilver.

      "Breath of the Wild: "Zelda's Redemption" Chapter 3 now up!

      After Calamity Ganon's defeat, a devastated Zelda must come to terms with her ruined kingdom, dead friends, and the resentment of the Hero who had saved her, but lost his fiancee. When all hope seems lost, she comes across a legend of a holy relic that can set things right, if she can find the ancient keys to access it. With the help of new friends, and without Link, can Zelda finally become a legend, on her own terms?
    • or it's a holdover from when they were still modeling the thing, considering the eighth one just has it in reverse. Regardless, if they ARE referring to the legend of the Seven Sages, then the Gerudo seem to have jumbled it already, making the cultures still distinct.

      It's like the Americans getting culture shock from Sinterklaas without knowing that's what Santa was based on.

      TriforceHolder wrote:

      they also purged the Gerudo's "completely separate from the Hylians" goddess and implied that though it wasn't popular now they did worship Hylia at some point.
      I don't feel enough importance was placed on the GotS in OoT to see it as a major loss of culture. Especially because extremely similar statues exist in the Arbiter's Grounds and that seems to be mostly Hylian run based on it being used by the Hylians as an execution ground.