Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    Master Ideas! Wishes/Wants/Ideas for Future Zelda titles
    • gamtos wrote:

      BackSet wrote:

      Guys! Let's stop fighting! Instead let's fight about something else!

      *smiles deviously*

      Wild West Zelda! Yee haw!
      Honestly the way Link enters the Hidden Village still gives me shivers.
      Spaghetti Western is SO COOL for a region. The music's an absolute bop too.
      Hell, the confrontation with King Bulblin was a 1 v 1 showdown in the form of a game of chicken!
    • Vulpes wrote:

      Frankly I'd just as soon the series decide that Skyward Sword never happened.
      I always preferred the idea that arcane disasters had a habit of happening in Hyrule and whenever one did someone would rise up to beat it back down. Through years of this happening legends grew up that they were all the same person, or it was a line noble heroes, or an ancient hero reincarnated whenever Hyrule was in danger but no one really knew the truth and it was just as plausible that when bad things happens there's always someone willing to stand up and say "No." And the reason all the games name him Link is because that's the name remembered for the hero in legends and whenever a new saviour appears his name is recorded as Link, making it more a title of bravery than a name. Skyward Sword had a decent story but sometimes in trying to explain something you end up just destroying what was special about it along with the ambiguity.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

      Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

      Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • TriforceHolder wrote:


      I always preferred the idea that arcane disasters had a habit of happening in Hyrule and whenever one did someone would rise up to beat it back down. Through years of this happening legends grew up that they were all the same person, or it was a line noble heroes, or an ancient hero reincarnated whenever Hyrule was in danger but no one really knew the truth and it was just as plausible that when bad things happens there's always someone willing to stand up and say "No." And the reason all the games name him Link is because that's the name remembered for the hero in legends and whenever a new saviour appears his name is recorded as Link, making it more a title of bravery than a name. Skyward Sword had a decent story but sometimes in trying to explain something you end up just destroying what was special about it along with the ambiguity.
      I disagree with the Skyward Sword opinion, but, wow. So that’s why you have the option of naming him.
    • Before Skyward Sword, there was no confirmation of reincarnation, yet every Hero was equally Link. I don't like the reincarnation thing anyways, because I like each Link to be their own character. My headcanon is that the Spirit of the Hero was really just courage, not the Hero's soul itself.
      :moon:
      "A puppet that can no longer be used is mere garbage. This puppet's role has just ended..." -Majora

      "A puppy can be fused with garbage. This puppy's role has just ended."
      :moon:
    • Sootfeather wrote:


      I disagree with the Skyward Sword opinion, but, wow. So that’s why you have the option of naming him.

      Which one? That it had a decent story or that it did more harm than good in quantifying some aspects of the Zelda canon?
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

      Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

      Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • I think it'd be cute if in Future Age Zelda got Link the HyPhone as a birthday gift and taught him how to use it.

      Also, what if Goronade returned as a sports drink that gives you the strength and stamina of a Goron? I mean, that's pretty much what it did in OoA, right? You could see or hear a Goron sponsoring it in an in-game ad. I'm all for including stuff like muscle milk and energy bars in FA.

      (And please, if anybody hates the Future Age concept, just ignore me. Don't bother getting into an argument with me that amounts to you trying to curb my fun and creative enthusiasm. Your time and energy will be much better spent just coming up with ideas of your own.)
    • As much as I like the idea that Link reincarnates I don't believe there's anything in game that makes that abundantly clear. Demise does "curse" Link but the meaning of said curse and what it actually was is still unclear and I don't personally see how him talking about an incarnation of Himself (Demise) always being present somehow entails that Link has to reincarnate. In fact it makes more sense to simply believe that Demise is just gloating about the fact that there's always gonna be people who want the Triforce and threaten to disrupt the balance of the world...two things we know Hylia would be in charge of protecting. That said the whole idea of what Zelda is would make it hard to have a game before SS. Likewise with BOTW leaning heavy into the idea of people being aware of the constant cycle I find it hard to believe that they'd want to make a game before SS.


      I also don't see why or how we'd have to assume his name isn't always Link. It's just as illogical as all Zeldas being named "Zelda" despite the majority existing before there was a rule about that, but that's just me.
    • Miles wrote:

      I think it'd be cute if in Future Age Zelda got Link the HyPhone as a birthday gift and taught him how to use it.

      Also, what if Goronade returned as a sports drink that gives you the strength and stamina of a Goron? I mean, that's pretty much what it did in OoA, right? You could see or hear a Goron sponsoring it in an in-game ad. I'm all for including stuff like muscle milk and energy bars in FA.

      (And please, if anybody hates the Future Age concept, just ignore me. Don't bother getting into an argument with me that amounts to you trying to curb my fun and creative enthusiasm. Your time and energy will be much better spent just coming up with ideas of your own.)

      I've thought about Future Zelda stuff ever since I saw the Robo Wear in TFH.

      Nice post.