Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    Master Ideas! Wishes/Wants/Ideas for Future Zelda titles
    • Hey everyone. There have been a few threads dedicated to different ideas for Future Zelda games:

Ideas for Future Zelda Games

Future Items, Skill & Weapons Ideas.

Miscellaneous Future Zelda Ideas

Ideas for Future Zelda Enemies

Ideas for Future Zelda Locations and Dungeons

Soooo... instead of having 5 separate threads to discuss future ideas for anything regarding Zelda titles to come, all discussion regarding those ideas/thoughts/wants/needs/etc. can be done in here!

So have at it! Discuss to your hearts content!

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    • Mango The Magician wrote:

A game that gives BOTW a timeline placement. :v: But seriously, I'd like to see areas and characters and past events that need more screentime, get more screentime.
      Anything in particular that you feel needs more screen time?

I know we got Gerudo in BotW, but I'd love to see them done right. While I enjoyed their presence in the game, I just felt they were under utilized again.

Like I just feel there is so much more that can be done with them if someone just took the time to really give them a proper try.

• The Gerudo in BotW just felt bizarre to me. It was like we were getting a Hylian’s over the top stereotype of Gerudo culture. “They’re a warrior tribe so they’re all six feet tall with bulging muscles and they all dress exactly like this and they don’t have men in their tribe so they hate all men who aren’t even allowed in their settlement.”

Since we’ve never really seen a more grounded Gerudo culture it just gives the impression of lazy writing. I mean I know Japan has some kind of popular trope with cross dressing but that was really far to reach to justify this one.

There was this fanfic I read once (which I frustratingly can’t find anymore) that followed a Gerudo girl in a time period resembling OoT sans Ganondorf that went into some of the complexities of Gerudo living and it was so interesting that I wish some of it could have made it into an actual game. *sigh*
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • The Gerudo in OoT didn't allow men to join either - you literally had to defeat their toughest warriors and save the carpenters to gain their trust.

I feel that BotW Gerudo should have had the same setup - like you use the outfit to sneak in then you are found out but allowed to take a test to become an honorary member or something.

If Gerudo show up in another game I hope they are handled better.

• No the Gerudo in OoT didn’t allow anyone to enter period. Outsiders weren’t welcome regardless of gender. They were a band of theives, outsiders were enemies. Making it male specific in BotW went a long way toward making the Gerudo Amazon caricature rather than an actual civilization.

Presumably the offer for OoT Link to join was a very rare case of the defacfo Gerudo leader encountering a man a cut above the rest and using the membership token as a bargaining chip to hopefully have him father a number of superior children as Link was probably a far better candidate than whoever the Gerudo normally picked up in the slums of Castle Town. I doubt very much there was a set measure of skill and might for anyone to join the tribe otherwise men would be flocking to th desert to try there hands. After all a tribe entirely populated by attractive, fit, red headed desert women would be a lure for almost any man.

Though by Breath of the Wild’s era they could have had some sort of test to allow outsiders into their main capitol in memory of their first positive encounter with a good hearted Hylian in historical record. Would have been more satisfying than the silly cross dressing side quest we got.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • There's a few of them, so gonna split them up in a numbered list. By no means all, but a start. For simplicity's sake, presume these are all being added to a system similar to Breath of the Wild, considering that's what they say the games going forward are going to be like.

1. Return of the Hook/Clawshot, or a variation of it. Basically, in a BoTW system I imagine this would be classified as a Bow Weapon, and it would pull you through the air towards wherever the arrow you shot lands. This would be useful for taller structures and would be a fun way to cut down on some time climbing.

2. Tameable Loftwings and Sky Enemies: I probably mentioned this in the old Enemies thread, but I think a return of Loftwings as something similar to Breath of the WIld's Wild Horses would be a welcome mechanic. They'd be a lot harder to tame, being up in the air so high (probably in the proposed Sky Areas), and probably being just trickier to tame in general in terms of stamina use. Let them be registered and called like horses and there you go, Loftwings. To help make it so horses aren't abandoned the second you add these, maybe make it so there's some differences in functionality; Loftwings might not want to go close to the surface, for example. Add in Helmarocs (with riders with bows, maybe) and other skyborn enemies and you've got a pretty decent setup for things.

3. A bit of a spit-take, but I'd honestly like a game where Link might be more magically inclined then martially, or at least equal measures of both. The closest we've really gotten to this idea was Ocarina of Time Link with Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Courage. We've got a bit of it with the Runes in Breath of the Wild, but a part of me would really enjoy a Link who had a lot of magical talent and options. Imagine what kind of spells could be implemented nowadays, with the modern system instead of Ocarina of Time's! I feel the easiest one that would still fit in with Link's martial skills would be some kind of Elemental Blade ability that lets you grant temporary elements to standard weapons at the cost of some of your magic bar.
    • I think Zelda II’s system of having you caste spells for almost every action other than sword was closer to a magically inclined Link than OoT’s three item spells.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

• Man Zelda 1 Link was a friggin wizard. "Excuse me sir would you like to hear about the DIVINE FIRE OF THE LORD?"

Jokes aside I think seeing mobility spells like Fairy and Jump would be cool for exploration. I'd also like to see the Shield spell or Magic Armor spell return--yes, as a spell, not as an armor set, though I might like to see that one again too.

I also think that a technique that adds magic damage to charge attacks would make sense, seeing as how you can already do that in OoT.

You know what would be cool? Seeing the Cane of Pacci in a 3D game. That would be pretty ridiculous and I'd love to see it with a more physics-based puzzle system.

Also also, moment of appreciation for the fact that I can now say "Zelda is that game where a naked femboi elf rides around on a motorcycle with a laser chainsaw dismembering robots and slicing up demons." What more can I ask for, really?
    • I mean, it's kind of been just since the 3D games that Link's magic arsenal has decreased significantly. ALTTP Link had the Magic Cape, Magic Powder, the three magic medallions, the Fire and Ice rods, the cane of Byrna, etc. I think I'm even forgetting a few things? Those weren't necessarily innate magical abilities but from a gameplay standpoint there's no real difference. That's what I'd like to see more of. Just a ton of super cool, badass items and skills that are completely optional. Breath of the Wild kind of had that with the abilities you gain from beating the Divine Beasts, but I want ALTTP level of choices.
      A dark chase requires a silent hound, and deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    • Dark Link Reigns wrote:

Mango The Magician wrote:

A game that gives BOTW a timeline placement. :v: But seriously, I'd like to see areas and characters and past events that need more screentime, get more screentime.
      Anything in particular that you feel needs more screen time?
      I know we got Gerudo in BotW, but I'd love to see them done right. While I enjoyed their presence in the game, I just felt they were under utilized again.

Like I just feel there is so much more that can be done with them if someone just took the time to really give them a proper try.
      Well namely the various wars. Like the interloper War, the Imprisoning War, the Unification War. Likewise, some backstory building for major characters, like the often requested Ganondorf Origin story, or maybe a story set after ST exploring what happened in New Hyrule. In fact, go crazy, have a game centered around OOT Link's mom, having her be a Knight fighting in the Unification war, and have part of the games story be centered around protecting baby Link. In general I just want them to flesh out the timeline more.

Anyways, for the Gerudo, I was fine with them in BOTW, BUT, the game seriously needed that moment where they realize that "banning men" was stupid and almost doomed their whole village. There's no change in their flawed attitude and as such it feels like the game is trying to justify said behavior.

Also, other things I want:

-Return of the magic meter.
      -Playable Zelda.
      -Return of the paraglider, but make it upgradable.
      -Return of the upgradable weapons, but mixed with the random weapons drops of BOTW, BUT, mixed with weapon customization.
      -A dungeon that's essentially the Tower of Hera, but in a 3D game, and make it massive. Like I really want to climb a mountain and see a huge towering tower.
    • Instead of having elemental weapons and arrows as individual, depletable resources, I'd like it if they just had fire, ice, and lightning medallions which you can use to enchant your weapons and arrows. Maybe as dungeon items.

I hope the ice/water mechanics are also a lot more nuanced and interactive. Ice weapons in BotW can't freeze water, and Cryonis is disconnected from the elemental mechanics entirely and has pretty limited uses. Being able to melt ice blocks, vary their height, create a whole row of them at once, and use ice to stop the flow of water (I only remember one instance of this, in Vah Ruta) would make ice so much more interesting and useful.
      [pitch meeting] Okay so it's a ton of dogs. Dalmatians. 100 of 'em. I call it "100 Dalmatians." [idea man pipes in] Let's think bigger

- Ristolable
    • TriforceHolder wrote:

No the Gerudo in OoT didn’t allow anyone to enter period. Outsiders weren’t welcome regardless of gender.
      Not that they would have been happy about a Hylian woman waltzing up to their front door asking to join their band of thieves, but they do seem to have had something especially against men.

Shiro the Carpenter wrote:

We were really interested in joining their all-female group, but they locked us up like this justbecause we're men!
      Goddess of the Sands

Map of Thyphlo Ruins

Forest Architects

If you have Amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits on Wii U, you can reset which games your amiibo unlock by deleting the game and then redownloading it.