Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Hero's Sword and Shield
    • Hey, small thread, I was about to post it into the Headcanon thread but I think it can be a theory on its own.

Do you remember the first sword and shield in The Wind Waker ? Well, even if it's the first time we see them, this is not in the Timeline perspective.

The Hero of Men and the Hero Shield :

The first to never own the Hero's Shield was the Hero of Men.
      This Hero who had defeated an army of monsters led by the Demon Tribe that had attacked Hyrule and sealed them in a chest with his sacred sword, the Picori Blade. On this stained glass, we can see him wield the Hero's Shield.

The Smith's Sword and Zelda gift

Smith forged the Hero's Sword.
      Smith, Link's Grandfather in The Minish Cap, who was a great swordman before, fought with Datus the King of Hyrule during the Sword Tournament of the Picori festival in his youth. Now, he is a Blacksmith, the greatest in all Hyrule, he made his lazy Grandson Link his assistant.
      His creation, the Smith's Sword was intended for the winner of the sword-fighting competition, but Link was the one to used it, before he start to reforged a new sacred sword from the broken Picori Blade, the Four Sword.
      This is his Grandpa's masterpiece, he wield it proudly.

Zelda win a mini game and chose between an Heart piece, a giant jewel and a Small shield.
      She chose the Small Shield and gifted it to Link.
      We don't know how Pina the fruit vendor found this Shield, but with how she describe the Heart Piece, she must had found them somewhere and made it price for her minigame.
      That's why I believe this Shield is the same Shield the Hero of Men wield.

And the Mirror Shield ? We let Biggoron eat our shield to creat the Mirror Shield but I think this was one of Stockwell Shop's Small Shields same for those who a Like Like eaten. This Shield Zelda gives us is a special one.
      You didn't lose a gift from your friend, Princess Zelda.

Those would be kept as a Family treasure for generations.

Hero of Wind, the Hero's Shield and Hero's Sword

Outset Island, this where the Hyrule Knight Clan decided to live.
      His blason is an hidden Triforce, Swordmen like Orca and his brother teach to the youths, the sword fighting art as the tradition want that when a boy has the same age as the Hero, he will wore a green Tunic and learn fighting with a sword.

The Knights were waiting for the Hero ....
      They've established this tradition, as ALTTP Knight Lore mention about the link between Hyrule's Knights and the Hero .....

Orca:
      剣は、昔から 魔を追い払う物とされ 強くたくましくなって欲しいという 願いが込められているのじゃ
      From ancient times, this sword was said to drive away demons and to instill the desire to become strong into people.

Since the olden days, this sword has been used to fend off evil... Its blade is infused with the desire to become strong and righteous

The Hero's Sword backstory is as Smith Sword !
      A Sword already used by a Hero of the past...

For the Hero's Shield ...

Grandma:
      こうやって家の中に 盾を飾るのも その時のなごりなのさ
      The shield being used as a decoration in here is a relic from that time.

Hanging the family shield on the wall as decoration is another tradition that has been carried down from those days.

Another Relic from that time, and a really old one, two Heroes had wore it.

Here you have it, some items also had traveled times and were used multiple times.

Bonus:

The Demon on the Hero's Shield could be a representation of Demise, he is under the Triforce as the one who tried to stole it, the Shield decoration could means that this shield keep back demons away from the Holy Triforce.

Thanks for you reading and for jacensolo06 for all his japaneses translations, findable in this Thread. (an old golden mine for us.) :3nod
    • Nonoctoro wrote:

And the Mirror Shield ? We let Biggoron eat our shield to creat the Mirror Shield but I think this was one of Stockwell Shop's Small Shields same for those who a Like Like eaten. This Shield Zelda gives us is a special one.
      I don't know. To me, it seems more fitting that the original old, undervalued shield Zelda wins for Link should become the best and shiniest shield in the game. Sort of an ugly duckling moment.
      Goddess of the Sands

Map of Thyphlo Ruins

Forest Architects

If you have Amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits on Wii U, you can reset which games your amiibo unlock by deleting the game and then redownloading it.