Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    • Discussion
    The Creators' Retreat: Please Take Off Your Shoes
    • Damn it all! I had a perfectly good bitter-sweet ending for my current project planned, then my over-active brain went and pulled a happy ending out of its metaphorical butt.

Now I don't know what to go with. The bitter-sweet ending probably has more impact, but I genuinely don't write happy endings very often, being the depressive, misanthropic fun-hater that I am, and with the way my life has been going lately, I could use a happy ending for once.

Both endings are compatible with each other, so I guess I'll write both out in the first draft and make a decision then, either by myself or running it past an editor.
    • As someone who writes bittersweet endings a lot as well, I’d say as long as the happy ending feels deserved and not forced, that is probably the ending you should go with because that’s what people enjoy seeing. To know there is hope and light at the end of a tunnel. And I think a happy ending can have just as much of a catharsis release as a bittersweet one.

:heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
      Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
      Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews

Post by Axius27 ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves: Keep it secret, keep it safe. ().
    • So, back in february, there was a writing contest. I did not get my entry done on time, because it kinda ran away from me. Whoopsie! So here's the end result of it, at a full 9 pages in gdocs.

Contains violence against children and a throwaway reference to inbreeding, so if that sort of thing bothers you, you have been warned.

Display Spoiler
      Terror at the bottom of the ocean!

It had been three weeks now since my daughter Lavinia had been kidnapped, and all signs pointed to this town - this accursed town, set on the edge of the raging sea. The trail led to a decaying tavern, the foetid wooden building rotting and covered in mould, its patrons the lowliest people I have ever laid eyes on, with flat noses and bulging eyes.

The last place she had been witnessed was in the inn’s basement, a foul room filled with a noisome stench reminiscent of rotting fish. I would have given up my search there and then, had my eyes not beheld a singularly strange sight: a very faint greenish glow was emanating from below a stack of crates. Upon further investigation, the eerie light originated from behind a hatch in the floor hidden under the crates.

I pushed the crates away, and opened the hatch. Below was a shaft leading down into the earth. A metal ladder provided a means of descent, and about a minute later, I had reached the bottom. I looked around to orient myself, and found that I was in an enormous cavern. The light I had seen originated from eerie luminous rocks. Aside from that, there was only an endless ocean of black.

And then I realized I was not alone. Though I could only scarcely see it, there was the silhouette of creature partially obscuring one of the rocks, roughly the size and shape of an adolescent human, but grossly misshapen. It looked like it was swaying to some unholy rhythm only it could hear, and seemed to be paying me no mind.

I moved to sneak around it, when suddenly, the creature froze. Though it was too dark to see its eyes, I could feel its gaze. It advanced on me, and I could not move, being paralyzed by mortal dread, or perhaps some eldritch magic this creature had cast on me. It was close enough now that even in the stygian darkness, I could see it opening its hideous mouth, baring its fangs. And the horrible being spoke:

“Oh, hey, you totally didn’t just, like, see me dancing to these sick beats, right?”

I stared at the monstrosity, transfixed with horror. “What kind of abomination are you?” I managed at last.

“Dude, I wasn’t that bad, was I?” it said. “I mean, like, yeah, I kinda picked the darkest, most remote possible place specifically so that no one would see my dancing, but still, like, dude. That’s like a super not cool thing to say.”

For a second, the creature was silent, its unnaturally large green eyes staring at me through the stygian darkness.

“You know, it’s kinda awks to talk in the dark, right? I should, like, totally turn on the lights so we can actually see each other.”

Through some arcane magic or forbidden technology, the abomination flooded the cave with light. I looked upon it, and wished I hadn’t. Its form was roughly anthropoid, like a sick mockery of a human adolescent, even wearing garments and headphones that might be fashionable amongst youths. Its hideous, slimy body was defiled with loathsome piscine features, however, including fins sprouting from its appendages and head, and where its hair should have been, there was instead an enormous, horrible, squamous fish tail, coloured a most fearsome shade of pink.

Only now that the stygian darkness had been washed away did it realize I was not of its profane kind.

“Wait, dude, you’re like, a surface dweller, aren’t you?” the terrifying abomination said, its very voice filling me with dread, and every syllable it uttered bringing me closer to madness. “Holy carp, that is so rad! I’ve only known one surface dweller before, and she is like the coolest person ever, so I’m sure you’re, like, super awesome too!”

The idea came to me that perhaps, this other surface dweller the abomination referred to was my daughter, and I once again found my resolve. “What are you, and where is she?” I shouted.

“Dude, no need to get all loud and angry,” the hideous monster said. “I’m just a Deep One. We’re, like, fish people, in case you hadn’t figured that out yet. Anyway, she’s in our underwater city. I can take you there if you want!”

“This might well be my only option if I want to get her back,” I thought to myself. “There’s no telling what these hideous abominations are going to do to me, though. Kill me? Eat me? Sacrifice me to their profane gods? Force me to breed with them?”

“Dude, what is your issue?” the foul creature said. “Nobody is going to breed with you. Or murder you. Or do any of those things. I swear to cod, dude, you have issues.”

“Did you read my thoughts using your eldritch magic?” I shouted.

“No dude, you just have a habit of narrating out loud. Also, you worry me, dude. I think you need, like, help.” It looked at me. It was hard to read any expression on so incomprehensible a face, but I could only imagine it was giving me a look of contempt. “You sure do love the word ‘abomination’, bee tee dubs. And ‘hideous’. And ‘stygian’. Like, what does that word even mean?”

“It means creepy extra dark darkness,” I said. I narrowed my eyes at the fiend. “So if your kind doesn’t kidnap people from the surface to breed with them, how did the patrons of that tavern up there end up with such huge bulging eyes and flat noses?” I asked.

“Like, generations of inbreeding? Or maybe they’re just naturally uggos? Iunno.” the creature said, shrugging its slimy shoulders. “Not sure why you keep acting like I’m your anemone.”

“Show me how to get to your city,” I said, ignoring the Deep One’s obvious lies

“Sure thing, dude. Just follow me,” it said, and it started walking into the cave. “Name’s Shelly, bee tee dubs. What about you, my dude?”

“My name is none of your business,” I said, but against all of my instincts, I followed.

“Sure thing, None Of Your Business. Mind if I just call you None for short?”

I did not answer, opting to walk in silence.

After a short walk, during which I am certain we were descending, the cave opened up into the ocean, which was being held back by some kind of translucent barrier.

“Yeah, that’s the barrier keeping this place dry,” the creature said. “It’s some kind of magic, I’m pretty sure. I think it might be eldritch. Anyway, get into the pod. I’ll dive you to the city.” It gestured to a most curious spherical device, with two large hatches in the side, which provided access to the inside. I surmised the device was some sort of submersible.

The inside was damp, and had a most nauseating smell of fish. There was a pair of seats in front of what looked like a control panel, and another pair behind that, which was where I sat down. The creature sat down in front of the control panel, and closed the hatches, trapping me inside with it.

It turned around and looked at me with its giant, horrible eyes. There was no escape now. If it wanted to kill me, it could. But whatever its plan was, killing me wasn’t part of it yet. Instead, it merely said: “Hey dude, you good back there? Sorry about the mess, I’ve been meaning to clean this thing up, but like, I never get around to it. Oh, and you don’t mind if I blast some sick beats for the road, right? Awesome. I’m sure you’ll love it, because the last surface dweller to hear it thought it was super rad.”

It messed around with the control panel, and I contemplated attacking it while it was distracted, but knowing neither if I would be able to kill it nor how to control the device I was in, I decided against it.

Suddenly, the most ear splitting noise filled the device, loud and chaotic, with a savage rhythm and a unholy melody.

“Awesome music, right dude?” the monstrosity said. “Time to split!” it added, its voice chilling me to my bone. “Make sure to put on your seat belt!”

===

After fifteen maddening minutes of travel, being forced to listen to the harrowing music of insanity along the way, I could see an eerie glow in the distance. As we got closer, I could see it came from the lights of a cyclopean city, its structures towering above the sea floor.

“So, for the record, you surface dwellers, like, drown in water, right?” The creature said, turning its head around to face me in a most unnatural manner. “That’s a thing you guys do?”

I did not answer, lest the creature or its kind would take advantage of this knowledge.

“Because, like, that kinda narrows down where Lavi might have gone.”

The fact that the Deep One was calling my daughter Lavi perturbed me - the shortening of her name implied a certain familiarity, which frightened me to my core.

While my mind was thus occupied, the beast kept talking, all the while gesticulating like one consumed with madness. “Like, I left her at my friend Marina’s place because we’d spent, like, most of the past twenty or so days together and I was getting worried she must be, like, getting totally bored of spending so much time with me so I was like ‘hey, you should, like, totally spend some time with my friend, she’s hella cool’ and so, like, if she can’t live in water then she’s either still with Marina or Marina took her somewhere else but then at least we can ask her where she took her, right?”

“Anyway, I’m just gonna take your silence as a yes, okay?” The creature said. Its maddening gibbering ceased for the briefest moment, but then it continued, and said: “So like, you know Lavi, right? Do you think she, like, likes people like me? Just, like, asking out of curiosity and stuff. Yeah. Totally. Because, like, it’s not like I care one way or the other. I’m, like, way too rad for that.”

As it was talking, I could see its unnatural face changing colour as if it were a chameleon, turning a most menacing shade of crimson - while its words were those of madness, with not a hint of sense or reason, it was clear from its face that it meant to threaten me.

It turned away from me again, and piloted its alien craft into the city, past titanic sunken porticos and labyrinths of weedy cyclopean walls. Finally, in what I surmised to be the heart of this unholy city, it moved the vehicle into an entrance seemingly designed for it, a yawning cavity set into a singularly repulsive edifice. Once inside, it rose but a few metres, emerging from the water in a cavernous room - a room which I am certain must have been bigger than could possibly fit inside the building - filled with spherical devices akin to the one I was in. It maneuvered the craft into an empty place, and the hatches sprang open.

“So like, welcome to Y’ha-nthlei,” the creature said. “I probably mispronounced that. Dunno why we didn’t name it something easier to pronounce. I’d have gone for Atlantica, myself. Uhh, anyway, follow me.” It motioned with its grotesque arm towards the far end of the room. “I’ll take you to Marina’s pad.”

I noticed that there were other Deep Ones lurking in the room. The one feature differentiating them was the colour of the piscine tail jutting from their heads, coming in sickly greens, grimy blues, baleful reds, menacing oranges, forbidding yellows, ghastly purples, shadowy blacks, and bleak greys.

As we walked, the creature waved at two others of its kind. “‘Sup, Reef, ‘sup Mist, it said.

“Oh hey, Shelly!” a green-tailed beast shouted in a shrill voice, madly gesticulating at the monster next to me. “Who’s the big guy over there?”

“Oh, he’s None. He’s a bit crayfish, but I’m sure he’s rad when you get to know him. I think. Like, I hope. Anyway, catch you on the flip side!”

I followed the beast, which led me through a set of metal doors into a most confined space, a tiny room, each surface clad in metal. Embedded into the wall next to the entrance was an odd panel with buttons. It pushed one of them, and the doors closed. There was no way out now. I was trapped with the horror, and it filled me with indescribable dread, but before either of us could do something, the doors opened up again, and somehow, through the unholy magic or non-euclidian geography of the place, the room we had previously been in was gone, replaced by a long corridor with doors on each side.

We walked briskly to the end of the corridor, and the creature banged its filthy hand on one of the doors. “Yo Marina, it’s me!” it shouted.

“Shelly!” a voice from inside called out, and within the merest of moments, the door was flung open, and a figure from inside threw itself at the monster and embraced it. I noticed to my mortal dread that the figure was that of my daughter, though instead of the traditional dresses I always made her wear, she was wearing a tee shirt and slacks and a cap. I surmised that the Deep Ones had forced her to wear this new outfit.

“Yo, Lavi!” the unholy fiend said. “Miss me? Uhh, like, not like it matters to me if you missed me, but like, y’know.”

“Oh, Shells, it’s so great to see you!” my daughter said. “It’s been so boring without you! Marina’s out to do some shopping, but even when she’s around it just isn’t the same, you know? Everything just gets less interesting when you’re not around.”

The creature’s foul visage turned crimson once more, and a grin appeared upon it, showing the monster’s razor-sharp fangs.

“Stay away from her, you unholy monster!” I shouted, frantically looking around for anything that I might use to defend myself with.

It was only then that my daughter saw that I was standing there. She turned to face me, and said, “What are you doing here, dad?”

I puffed out my chest with false bravado, and said, “I am here to save you from this fiend, and all the other creatures in this accursed city!”

She stared at me, eyes burning with wrath. “Does it look like I need saving?” she said, clearly under the influence of the dark power of the Deep Ones. She turned her gaze away, and looked at the culprit of it all. “Shelly, why did you bring him here?”

“Well, like, he was looking for someone he knows, and he super obviously doesn’t know any Deep Ones because he keeps assuming we’re, like, these terrifying evil demons,” the terrifying evil demon said, “and like, I think you’re like basically the only other person from the surface around, so I figured it must’ve been you, right?”

I finally located a mop, grasped it with both hands, and pointed it at the Deep One. “Stop poisoning my daughter’s mind with your filthy lies and dark manipulations!” I shouted. “I’ve come here to save her from your filthy claws, so let her go!”

“No!” my daughter shouted back, stepping in front of the creature and spreading her arms wide - no doubt the foul beast was forcing her to be its meat shield using its blasphemous eldritch powers. “I came here because I wanted to! I found Shelly and her friends and asked them to take me to this place, to take me far far away from you! And now she’s taken you here and you repay her by threatening her? Look at how scared she is!”

The creature was crouching behind her, sneakily glancing at me with its evil eyes, quaking with malice.

I grabbed her with my left hand while keeping the mop in my right hand trained firmly on the Deep One. “I’m not sure what unholy spell this monster has put on you, but I’m taking you home whether you want to or not!”

She struggled, but her efforts, brought about by the deceit and witchcraft of the Deep Ones, could not match my own righteous strength. “Let go!” she snarled. “I don’t want to go back and I don’t want to spend another moment with you!”

I ignored her, as she was quite obviously deluded by Deep One magic, and started dragging her away from the creature, which pursued, though it was cunning enough to stay at such a distance where I could not hit it with the mop.

“D-dude,” it said, “just let her go, dude! She clearly doesn’t want to go with you, and, like, you don’t even have a way out of here. What even is your plan here, dude? Just let her go!”

For a moment, I felt like the fiend had a point, and I almost felt compelled to rethink my actions. Clearly the creature was trying to bewitch me too. I searched the furthest recesses of my mind for an argument that might cause the Deep One to hold its tongue, and I finally found an irrefutable point, which I shouted with great volume: “Silence!”

While my eloquent argument quieted the creature, my daughter was not so easily swayed. “Just let me go, you stupid brute,” she growled. “I don’t want to go with you! Shelly, please help!”

“Lavi!” the beast shouted. Its eyes narrowed and it bared its fangs. I swung the mop, but this no longer kept it at bay. Instead it grabbed my weapon in both of its claws, trying to wrest control of it from me. I might have kept my hold, had my daughter not taken the opportunity to redouble her efforts to break free, kicking and striking me with as much force as she could muster.

I lost my grip on the mop, and the Deep One wasted no time hurling it away from me and sinking its teeth into my left arm. I lost my grasp on my daughter, and while I was crippled with the pain the grotesque wound was causing me, my daughter and her captor moved away with great swiftness, stopping not until they were well out of my reach.

“Lavi, dude, like, are you okay, dude?” the creature said, wrapping a clawed hand around my daughter’s shoulder.

“Yeah, I think I’m fine,” she responded. “What about you, though? Did he hurt you with that mop?” Her eyes went wide. “Oh no! Shelly! You’re missing a fang!”

It was only at this moment that I noticed that there was a long, vicious fang embedded into my arm.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Those things regrow in, like, no time at all,” the beast said. Then, it turned to face me, a fang clearly missing from its unnatural visage. “But oh no!” it said, in a most curious tone of voice. “It looks like one of my fangs is, like, totally embedded in you, dude! And my fangs are, like, totally super toxic! You had better, like, quickly get back to the surface for, like, medical care and stuff! Otherwise you could totally legit really actually, like, die and stuff! For realsies!”

It then made the queerest expression at my daughter, squeezing a single eye shut. I knew not what labyrinthine plans laid behind that face, but I knew that if I was to survive, I had better listen to the creature for now.

“What did you do to me, you fiend?” I shouted. “Undo this foul poison at once!”

“I, like, literally can’t,” the creature replied. “The only way to get rid of it is to leave and go back to the surface and to, like, stop messing with us. Also, like, it’s venom, not poison. There’s, like, a difference, dude.”

“I will not leave without my daughter!” I shouted.

“Yes you will, and shut up, dad!” my daughter said. “You never listen to me. You never cared about what I wanted. Honestly, I bet you don’t even know anything about me!”

“I know everything about you!” I said. “I raised you!”

“Oh yeah?” my daughter replied, narrowing her eyes. “Name one thing you know about me!”

“You spend a lot of time brooding on the incomprehensible vastness of the cosmos,” I said. “You’re worried about eldritch things not of this world. You both fear and hate the unknown, for it hides horrors capable of driving a man to gibbering insanity.”

My daughter did not reply, but the monster did. “Dude,” it said. “Dude.” It was staring at me wide-eyed. “Dude. What the actual heck, dude?” It was clearly taken aback over the fact that I knew my daughter so well, though it wasted no time trying to deny this fact. “How can you, like, be so clueless about what your own daughter is like? Do you never, like, talk to her or anything? That is like hella not cool, dude.”

It placed its claw on my daughter’s shoulder, who finally spoke up, still under the influence of the Deep One. “Dad, please just leave.”

“I’ll, like, I’ll take you back to the surface, right dude?” the creature said. “But like, you really need to learn to be, like, a better person than you are now, okay?”

My daughter took the fiend’s other claw in her hands, and said: “Oh Shelly, are you going to be okay with him? What if he tries to do anything to you?” Both were silent for a moment. Finally, my daughter sighed, and said, “I’ll come with you.”

We started retracing our steps, and while no words were exchanged, I was heartened that my daughter was trying to escape with me. She had clearly feigned being under the sway of the beast all along.

The three of us entered the spherical device by which I had entered the city. I once more took one of the back seats, while both the Deep One and Lavinia sat in the front. While I was undeniably worried about it seeing through her ruse, my daughter showed herself to be unrivalled at deception; her placing her hand upon the Deep One’s shoulder with seemingly genuine tenderness was nothing less than a masterful bit of acting.

The journey from the great cyclopean city back to the cave passed without incident. On occasion, my daughter would show her cellular phone to the fiend, which I theorized was to further deceive it in some way. Finally, we arrived, and I left the craft.

“I’m coming with you, Dad,” my daughter said, as she jumped out of the craft. “Though you mustn’t touch me! I have spent a lot of time in physical contact with this Deep One, so touching me might worsen your own infection.”

“Curses!” the creature said, balling her claws into fists. “I have been, like, betrayed! This blows! Also, like, that is totally how my venom works, yes. And now I shall come after you and have my vengeance, so you should, like, totally leg it and stuff!”

My survival instinct took over, and I started sprinting, bounding over the uneven floor, caring not for anything save getting away from that demon. Finally, I chanced a look back.

The Deep One hadn’t moved an inch, and my daughter had entered the craft again.

“Psych!” the creature said, raising a fist into the air. “We, like, totally fooled you! My teeth aren’t venomous at all! You fell for it hook, line, and sinker - whatever that means. Are we like brainy or what?”

I turned around and ran back, but it was too late. The latches of the strange craft closed, and it started moving away. My daughter and the Deep One both made fists, then hit one another’s fist, and that was the last I ever saw of my daughter.

Display Spoiler
      honestly I feel like the thing probably drags on for way too long, until way after the whole joke of the narrator seeing everything Shelly does as proof of her being a Lovecraftian monster has gone from funny to terribly stale.

also, it was an interesting exercise to try and get across the idea of what's happening when the narrator is very unreliable. pls let me know how well i did on that!

Post by BackSet ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
    • So the tenth birthday of my fourth (and shortest) short story, "A Future Lost," came and went back at the beginning of March without any ado from me, and I find that to be most criminal! This story, which comprises fewer than 300 words, was the first one I wrote specifically for ZU's Art & Writing board (grandfather of the Creative Corner). It was also the first story I wrote with no sense of where it was going until the very end; I literally opened up the editor for creating a new thread in A&W—mmm, root beer…—thought up the barebones prompt of "boy stranded on moon," and started typing. I finished it in about 20 minutes and hit the "submit" button (after writing a brief reflection on the process).

The result remains what I believe to be one of my finest works of short fiction. It is a very clear product of one of the darkest, most traumatic periods—yes, I mean that literally—of my life. my 8th-grade year of school; the ending sends chills up one's spine after the meat of the piece feeds on your happiness like a Dementor. And yet there's something beautiful about it. Maybe it's how much it leaves up to the reader's imagination, even after dropping subtle hints about the events that lead up to the tragedy. Maybe it's the outpouring of emotion that the story embodies. Or maybe it's just the catharsis; catharsis is always beautiful.

In the weeks following my posting of the short story, I expanded its world in my imagination to comprise a trilogy of novels which are generally rather emotionally deflating but…cathartic. The character of "Samantha" who is mentioned in the short stars as the main character of the latter two books as she deals rather poorly with the emotional consequences of Caleb's untimely—lol double entendre—death in the first book. I actually do intend to write this trilogy at some point in the future when I finally gather enough patience and build up a sufficient attention span for writing long-form fiction.

If you haven't read it before, I hope you'll take a couple minutes to enjoy(?) this bleak piece of flash fiction that I wrote when I was 14!
    • For some odd reason, when I try to write stuff like names of characters, places or even whole scenes and events, I have trouble coming up with what to put down.

I also get easily distracted from writing. It is either from a vid, or I can't focus on it. That happens with a lot of stuff when I try to focus on anything.

I also have problems with story lengths. I can't write long stories that well. The longest story I have written was 4330 words. That took me a while and it was just an adaptation of an old adlib I did when I was little. Even when I am trying to write a long story, I can get up to maybe 500 words.
      Hello there! I'm Mr. Dreamcast, an aspiring voice actor. If you need to contact me, use my Discord: Mr. Dreamcast#0650, and my twitter: twitter.com/Mr_Dreamcast.
    • If longer stories are a problem for you you might try the Snowflake outline method. It basically takes an idea and grows it into a story. You start with a sentence that synopsizes the plot, it gets expanded to four sentences, then to a page, before you know it you have a full story with multiple subplots and character charts. If you have trouble just sitting down and writing then planning everything out from start to finish before you begin it the best course of action.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • At the same time, you shouldn't feel obligated to reach any particular length. One of the greatest writers of the twentieth century, Jorge Luis Borges, wrote short stories almost exclusively, and a 500 word story would not be unusual for him.
      "But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
      "In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."
      "All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."
      "Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen to-morrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind." There was a long silence.
      "I claim them all," said the Savage at last.
      Mustapha Mond shrugged his shoulders. "You're welcome," he said.

—Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vulpes ().

• What specifically about the world building do you need help with? Like fleshing out Hyrule cause we tend to only get vague medieval glimpses of its inner workings. Or like reconciling bits of contradictory lore. Or are you just building a new kingdom altogether?
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.