Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Zelda
    • Graphic Design
    Legend of Zelda Reinterpretations
    • Over the past couple of years, I've been working with a program called Daz3D. Among other things, I've done a lot of Zelda artwork, and I'd like to share some of it here. You can find the rest of my work (Zelda and otherwise) at janus3003.deviantart.com/. I also do commissions!

"I thought about staying in Termina," said Link. "They offered me the chance to lead them, to teach them, to... to be mayor."
      "Uh huh," Zelda said with an incredulous but amused smile.
      "But my place is here, so I grabbed Navi, played the song, and here I am."
      "Did you play the song right this time?"
      "Well, maybe I didn't play every single tiny little note, no. But basically I played it, yeah... basically."

NAVI: Link, look! It's Ruto!
      LINK: Oh, jeez. Thanks for the heads up. Let's just turn this way before sh-
      NAVI: Hi, Ruto!!!
      LINK: ...thanks, Navi.

"I can sense that man's evil intentions. I mean, look at the way he slurps up his soup. What an asshole!"
      -Princess Zelda, Game Grumps

The Gerudo King may take as many wives and concubines as he wishes, either from conquered peoples of foreign lands or among the Gerudo themselves. However, Gerudo women have the right under law and tradition to refuse the King's proposal. Few have ever refuse the King, jumping at the chance for a life of leisure.
      Nabooru, however, is one of the rare few to refuse her king. King Ganondorf isn't angry about this. In fact, her refusals entice him even more.
      "One day I will make you Queen," he tells her again and again.
      "Only on the day when I've completely given up on myself," she replies.

Impa

Nabooru

• Really impressive stuff, Janus! I like these more realistic reimaginings of classic Zelda characters. Because their faces lack the anime-esque features of their original designs, it's obviously not immediately apparent who each model is supposed to represent, at least at first glance at their faces. But you've really captured their respective styles as far as hair and clothing.

I especially like the one with Ganondorf and Nabooru. I find it ambiguous whether they are in love or in a sort of intimate power struggle, and that is so perfect. (Ganondorf also looks even more menacing with that facial hair. Who knew!)

Who's the last one supposed to be, though? Her clothing seems to suggest Princess Hilda, but if I recall correctly, Hilda's hair was deep purple. (Not that it really matters. The white hair looks awesome, whomever she may be.)

I can't wait to see more of these! 3D renders are something we rarely see around these parts, so this is a nice treat!

(Also, welcome back to ZU! You were around when I first joined!)
    • Thanks a lot!

EzloSpirit wrote:

I especially like the one with Ganondorf and Nabooru. I find it ambiguous whether they are in love or in a sort of intimate power struggle, and that is so perfect.
      "It's complicated."
      I leave it open to the viewer's interpretation, but I think of them as being physically attracted to each other, but little else. Ganondorf's intrigued because Nabooru refuses to marry him, and Nabooru hates that she lusts for him. She takes advantage of him by defying him in small ways, knowing that he'll let things slide for her. Of course, maybe she'll push too much one day.

Who's the last one supposed to be, though? Her clothing seems to suggest Princess Hilda, but if I recall correctly, Hilda's hair was deep purple. (Not that it really matters. The white hair looks awesome, whomever she may be.)
      She's "Dark Zelda" from Super Smash Bros.

I've got more Zelda stuff, though I'll probably post them in spoilers because they can be a bit risque (Zelda as a Gerudo slave girl, for instance).
    • Here's some more stuff.

Zelda in a cell.

Hyrule Warriors-inspired Zelda.

Warning: Blood
      Display Spoiler

Dark Link. It's part of a series of images, but I'm only showing this one here. The rest probably isn't appropriate for ZU.

Some of my saucier images, still clothed.
      Display Spoiler

Zelda, nightgown edition.

Zelda, booty edition.

Zelda, Gerudo slave girl edition.

Nudes.
      Display Spoiler

Rescued.

Comforted.

What some of us thought we saw when Zelda first appeared in the Breath of the Wild trailer.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Janus ().

• I really don't like all the "Link x Zelda"-romance going on, it feels too cringe or "too much". I don't know. And don't take it personally, I just think this in general. Only because there are a male and a female doesn't mean they have to fall in love with eachother. They can just be... friends you know? I am just thinking aloud here, don't mind me.

However I really do like your Ganondorf-picture. I have always wanted a title with Ganondorf as a "normal man" before he "turned evil" and greenish. I have pretty much always assumed that there was a turning point in his life where he turned evil (at least gradually). Like a true origin story of him. Maybe in a potential OoT Remake in the future which tells us a lot more about the Gerudos and their history + society. Oops I went a bit off topic, but I liked that picture.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MVS ().

• These pictures are so incredibly realistic, very real life-like, and so accurate to how they'd look in real life if they actually existed in our real life world history. This is so accurate it's amazing. If only Nintendo could see this and decide to make a Zelda game with this kind of real-life like artstyle only that to more their fitting of course. Perhaps something more like what we see in Final Fantasy games these days, with that ultra-realistic real life-like 3D anime style. Examples being that of like the FFVII Advent Children movie and FFXV. But with that typical Nintendo touch of cel-shading that they love so much. That would be amazing!
      My Final Zelda Timeline Belief (Admittedly Not Perfect):
      --------------------------/>WW|PH>ST
      SS>CoH(P)>MC>FS>OoT|MM>TP>FSA>HW
      -------\-------------->CoH(F)>ALttP|OoX|LA>ALBW>TFH>TLoZ|TAoL
    • Some more stuff:

I like the idea of Link wearing a mantled hood instead of a hat, so here's me playing around with it. Just wish the hood had a long point hanging down the back.

Zelda and her décolletage.

Zelda again, this time with a bunch of postwork to try to make her look drawn with charcoal.

And finally, an attempt at animating Zelda. I'll just link this one: deviantart.com/janus3003/art/Z…lking-Animation-761313393