Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Zelda
    • Gaming Development
    Zelda and MTG: Project Complete!
    • What am I looking at here?

Almost exactly four years ago, I started a Zelda themed Magic: the Gathering set design project here on ZU. I was having a ton of fun with it, at the time, but a week after I got started posting material the sign-ups opened for Mafia II and that experience sort of... snowballed. For multiple years.

Anyhow, when discussion around revitalizing the creativity section kicked off and Vynrah broached the subject of making game design a more clear sub-focus for the board I began to get excited about the prospect of revisiting the project (and hopefully launching from here to a lot of other projects in this section). I'm playing a lot of card games these days, and feeling in-general pretty inspired.

I'm not carrying over much of my old work from the original thread. At the time of those designs I had far less knowledge of limited MTG and less ambition as a designer. I think I can do a lot better today.

So yeah! Excited to get down to it, and glad you stopped by to check things out.

Hyrule is "large" set for Magic: The Gathering, containing 248 new homebrew cards (101 commons, 80 uncommons, 53 rares, 14 mythic rares) and representing a stand-alone draft format. Stylistically, it draws on the characters, locations, events, and themes of the N64 era games in the Legend of Zelda series: Ocarina of time and Majora's Mask.

The internet has seen its fair share of homages in the form of Zelda themed Magic cards - including some hosted on this very site - but these always tend to sacrifice good MtG card design for stronger connection to the Zelda source material. Hyrule is an effort in legitimate play design.

Planned posts in this thread

P. An Introduction to Magic Set Design as a Creative Endeavour
      I. The Mechanics of Hyrule

II. Set Themes 1: Heroes and Allies
      III. Set Theme 2: Exploration and Non-linearity
      IV. Set Theme 3: The Dungeon Crawl
      V. Set Theme 4: Music and Time Travel
      VI. Set Theme 5: Termina's Horrors

VII. Limited play 1: Allied archetypes
      VIII. Limited play 2: Enemy archetypes

IX. Set skeleton - Commons
      X. Set Skeleton - Uncommons
      XI. Set Skeleton - Rares and Mythics

XII. Cycles 1
      XIII. Cycles 2

XIV. Final Design file 1
      XV. Final Design file 2
      XVI. Final Design file 3
      XVII. Final Design file 4
      XVIII. Final Design file 5
      XIX. Final Design file 6
      XX. Final Design file 7
      XXI. Final Design file 8
      XXII. Final Design file 9
      XXIII. Final Design file 10
      ~~~
      Although postsocratics like St. Augustine and Judith Butler explored a diverse set of ethical and metaphysical ideas, their unifying feature as a movement was a principled refusal to speculate upon which of the four elements the world was made out of.
      ~~~

boxes is the best human and I am going to get her a kitten or 2 kittens

The post was edited 8 times, last by Foo ().

• An Introduction to Magic Set Design as a Creative Endeavour

In almost every collectible card game on the market, new cards are released in “sets” on a regular basis. These lots of cards are printed together and then randomly sorted into sealed product (“booster packs”) to be sold to the players. Each set in Magic contributes to the game’s 25 year legacy while advancing the overall state of the game. Magic sets are released every 3 months on average, and contain 150-250 cards.

Designing one of these sets, as a fan project, is an interesting challenge. Such a project touches on a number of different aspects of game development, as I try to describe below.

The Technical Aspect

Magic cards are templated with an incredibly strict style guide which has been developed over the course of 25 years, and in general to get the desired effect out of a card there is one - and only one - way to write the rules text properly. The process of writing a functional card is analogous to the process of writing a snippet of code for a digital game, and is good practice in general for creating working game pieces in any medium.

(Compare the original printing of the card Time Vault to its modern printings to see how the language of magic has become necessarily technical and precise over the game's history).

The Flavour Aspect

The first aspect of Magic to “grab” most players is the game’s ability to create an engaging narrative. Magic might be “chess meets poker” on a technical level, but the game’s personality goes far beyond that combination.

Developing for flavour means carefully considering the art and text of each card for the impression it creates, and even more importantly constructing the card’s game abilities to “feel” narratively appropriate.

Unfortunately, properly selecting and crediting art for all 250 cards in the set would be an impossible task so in general I’ll focus on flavour for a few marque pieces only.

(Boldwyr Intimidator is a great example of a card with an immediate obvious story told through its mechanics and ties if off with a great piece of flavour text)

The Elegance Aspect

Dieter Rams’ “principles of good design” apply in magic as well as anywhere else. Good card design in magic goes beyond flavour and asks you to consider innovation, accessibility, and functional aesthetic while being thorough in the details.

Market research in gaming identifies three critical psychological demographics: those who play the game to experience something, those who play the game to create something, and those who play the game to prove something. We’d like our design to target all three groups.

(Primal command is an example of a card designed with a perfect attention to detail. The order of the four abilities on this card is absolutely critical. The #2 and #3 ability combine to fully remove an opponent’s card, while the #3 and #4 ability combine to allow you to rescue a card out of your own graveyard and access it right away. Neither of these “combos” would work if the options in the card were written in a different order.)

The Play Aspect

Designing a full *set* in magic means designing a game in-itself, as the set will (hypothetically) be used to play tournaments in the draft and sealed formats. This means that at least 10 unique deck archetypes should be buildable given the commons and uncommons in the set, and those archetypes should communicate themselves to the players without being so “obvious” that the deck construction process becomes trivial. Consideration for limited play will drive our design of the common and uncommon cards.

Although these homebrew sets will never actually be competitively played, they are assumed to exist within the broader context of magic’s history as a game. If the cards are overall *stronger* than game pieces have been historically then they will upset the balance of established constructed formats. If they’re overall *weaker* than game pieces have been historically then the set will “flop”. Consideration for constructed play will drive our design of the rare and mythic cards.

(The pirates Deadeye Brawler, Dire Fleet Neckbreaker, and Storm Fleet Sprinter are designed to show off the similarities and differences of Ixalan's three different pirate archetypes for limited. Kitesail Freebooter is a pirate that doesn't fit with any of the three: it's meant for competitive constructed play.)
      ~~~
      Although postsocratics like St. Augustine and Judith Butler explored a diverse set of ethical and metaphysical ideas, their unifying feature as a movement was a principled refusal to speculate upon which of the four elements the world was made out of.
      ~~~

The post was edited 9 times, last by Foo ().

• Mechanics of Hyrule

Exalted

Exalted (whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn) is a mechanic that originally showed up on the plane of Bant, one of the Shards of Alara, where ritual combat between two champions was considered a preferable alternative to total war.

In Hyrule, heroes draw power from their allies and the people they have vowed to protect. Exalted showcases the fact that Hyrule's great warriors may engage in solo combat, but they’re never alone.

Musicians

Musician is a new creature subtype, specifically a class. A linear tribe, reminiscent of Zendikar’s allies or Rath’s slivers, musicians get stronger in groups as each teaches their “song” to allied musicians, even leaving a musical legacy after death.

All musicians grant an activated ability to other musicians while in play. They continue to grant this ability after they’ve been destroyed.

Suspend

Suspend (Rather than cast this card from your hand, you may pay (cost) and exile it with N time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last is removed, cast it without paying its mana cost. It has haste) is a classic mechanic from the timespiral block which has proven to have legs in limited magic. Much like on Dominaria, suspend on Hyrule represents temporal magic and the use of small changes in the present to greatly affect the future.

Hideaway

Hideaway (This land enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, look at the top four cards of your library, exile one face down, then put the rest on the bottom of your library) is a tragically underused mechanic from Lorwyn block which represents the lost treasures of ancient landscapes. In Hyrule, hideaway allows us to construct the loot-filled dungeons and temples our heroes will delve… if they can handle the monsters found within.
      ~~~
      ~~~

The post was edited 6 times, last by Foo ().

• Set Theme 1: Heroes and Allies

Ocarina of Time's idea of heroism is straightforward. The character of Link is chosen by destiny to defeat a great evil. In order to do so, he continually battles smaller threats and the people he helps in his trials add their power to his. Eventually, when he goes to battle with Ganon, Link is armed with the spiritual and magical support of all the peoples of Hyrule.

Heroism is Majora's Mask is more complex, but Link's basic character is unchanged. He still grows in power by making allies and he still gains allies by defeating their demons.

In our set, the themes of Heroism and Alliance-making are represented primarily in white, blue, and red spells (the "Jeskai" wedge). The most notable representation of this theme are the hero cards which receive from benefit from attacking alone:

Protector of the Young - 2U
      Creature – Merfolk (U)
      Whenever this attacks alone, reveal the top card of your library. Creatures with converted mana cost less than that of the revealed card can't block this turn.
      3/2

As well as "major allies" which are more aggressive:

Intrepid Fairy - 1W
      Creature - Faerie (C)
      Exalted
      Sacrifice this: target attacking creature gains indestructible until end of turn.
      1/3

And "minor allies" which must be protected:

Lonely Child - R
      Creature – Elemental (C)
      Defender, Exalted
      When this dies it deals 2 damage to you.
      0/2

The minor allies also engender a small defenders matter subtheme:

Blood Brothers' Bond 1(R/W)
      Instant (C)
      Target creature with defender gets +1/+1 and gains double strike until end of turn.

Alliance of Stone and Sea
      1(U/R)(U/R)
      Enchantment (U)
      Creatures you control with defender have prowess

Exalted will be primary in white, secondary in blue and red. The defenders theme is in hyrbrid red/white and white/blue. This allows us to set up our limited archetypes, as described below.
      ~~~
      ~~~

• Set Theme 2: Exploration and Non-Linearity

I generally buy into the consensus that the Zelda series is at its best when it puts a premium on the exploration experience, giving the player freedom to experience the game world in the way they see fit and filling that world with interesting things to discover. When I first attempted this project years ago I link the idea of exploration to the top card of the library, and that approach was ultimately vindicated when WotC created the explore mechanic last year.

Playing with explore has shown me that my original approach to this theme was a little too random, but I still like the idea of a "top card matters" theme and I'd like to execute in a way which differentiates Hyrule from Ixalan, ideally by including a larger aspect of personal choice.

In our set, the themes of exploration and non-linearity are represented primarily in blue, black and green spells (the "Sultai" wedge). The most notable representations of this theme are cards that interact with the top of your library:

Keeper of the King's Secrets - 2B
      Creature – Human (U)
      Deathtouch
      When this enters the battlefield scry 1. Then you may reveal the top card of your library. If you do, target opponent loses life equal to its converted mana cost.
      1/3

Hyrule's Bloody History - 2B
      Sorcery (C)
      Reveal the top card of your library. Target player sacrifices a creature. If the revealed card was a creature, destroy target creature instead.

The dual lands of the set let you pee at the top card of your library:

Under the Well
      Land (C)
      This enters the battlefield tapped
      When this enters the battlefield, reveal the top card of your library.
      T: Add U or B

And this engenders a "lands matter" theme:

Plodding Gravedigger - 1(B/G)(B/G)
      Creature - Human (U)
      The first time you reveal a land on the top of your library each turn, you may play that land.
      3/3

Search for Yesterday (U/G)
      Sorcery (C)
      As an additional cost to cast this, return a land card your control to its owner's hand. Return target land card from your graveyard to the battlefield.

"Top card matters" will be primary in blue, secondary in black and green. The defenders theme is in hyrbrid green/blue and black/green. This allows us to set up our limited archetypes, as described below.
      ~~~
      ~~~

The post was edited 4 times, last by Foo ().

• Set Theme 3: The Dungeon Crawl

The bread and butter of the series, especially in the 64 era, the dungeon crawl theme is thankfully easily translated into cardboard. Dugeons are full of monsters and treasure, and both are already hallmarks of Magic gameplay.

The dungeon crawl theme will be represented primarily in black, red, and white (the "Mardu" wedge). Here we find monsters particularly well suited to getting in the way of adventuring heroes:

Dead Hand – 2B
      Creature - Zombie (C)
      Attacking creatures get -1/-1
      Whenever this blocks, attacking player discards a card.
      1/1

Flare Dancer - 2R
      Creature - Elemental (C)
      This may block an additional creature.
      Whenever this blocks, it deals 1 damage to each attacking creature.
      3/1

As well as more monsters with defeat-based drawbacks (in the theme of "had Ganon never set up these dungeon crawls, Link would never have been able to defeat him")

Moblin Earthshaker 2BB
      Creature - Goblin Giant (C)
      When this dies, each opponent may pay 2 life. Any player who pays life in this way draws a card.
      4/4

Of course we can't forget about the loot:

Just Reward 2(W/B)(W/B)(W/B)
      Sorcery (U)
      Exile target creature. Create a colorless Equipment artifact token. It has "Equipped creature has +1/+0" and equip (2).

Warrior's Inventory (R/W)(R/W)
      Enchantment (U)
      Equipped creatures you control have first strike.
      (R/W)(R/W)(R/W): Attach target equipment you control to target creature you control.

The "monsters" will be primary in black, secondary in red and white. The defenders theme is in hyrbrid white/black and red/white. This allows us to set up our limited archetypes, as described below.
      ~~~
      ~~~

The post was edited 2 times, last by Foo ().

• Set Theme 4: Music And Time

In the red, green, and blue color combination (the "Temur" wedge) we focus on the motifs of the generation: the magical use of music and the ability to travel through time.

This is accomplished through two of the sets mechanics described above: the suspend keyword ability and the new musician tribe.

Sheik, Inscrutable Inspiration - 1GUR
      Legendary Creature – Human Ninja Musician (M)
      Protection from black and white
      Each card in your hand has Suspend X – 0 where X is its converted mana.
      As long as this is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, musicians you control have “T: Remove a time counter from a suspended card you own.”
      4/2

Great Bay Guitarist – 2U
      Creature – Zora Musician (C)
      As long as this is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, musicians you control have “T: Draw a card, then discard a card”
      2/2

The musicians are primary in red, secondary in green and blue. The suspend theme is in hyrbrid green/blue and blue/red:

Growing Peahat 3(G/U)(G/U)
      Creature - Plant (U)
      Whenever a creature enters the battlefield from exile under your control you may have it fight another target creature
      Suspend 3- (G/U)(G/U)
      4/4

Infernal Bubble 2(U/R)
      Creature - Spirit (C)
      Whenever you remove a time counter from a card you own, this gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
      Suspend 2 - (U/R)
      2/2
      ~~~
      ~~~

• Set Theme 5: Termina's Horrors

Majora's Mask is at least as much about groups of people dealing with an impending "terrible fate" as it is about a random kid from outside of the universe trying to change that fate. In the green, white, and black color combination (the "Abzan" wedge) we try to capture the plight of those people.

In part, this is accomplished through a go-wide subtheme which assembles a cast of characters on a large board:

Call the Bombers XW
      Instant (C)
      X cannot be more than 5
      This costs 1 less for each creature you control that blocked this turn.
      Create X white 1/1 Human creature tokens.

Including very often tragic characters

Accursed Scholar - 1B
      Creature – Zombie (C)
      You may play this from your graveyard.
      When this dies you lose 2 life.
      1/1

More importantly, though, we've got masks to torture these characters with:

Mask of the Butler's Son - (B/G)(B/G)
      Enchantment – Aura (C)
      Enchant Creature
      Enchanted Creature is a 2/2 green Plant with forestwalk and swampwalk.

Mask of the Tower's Monster - 2(W/B)(W/B)
      Enchantment – Aura (C)
      Enchant Creature
      Enchanted creature is a 5/5 white Giant which does not untap during its controller's untap step.

The go-wide theme will be primary in green, secondary in whit and black. The defenders theme is in hyrbrid black/green and white/black. This allows us to set up our limited archetypes, as described below.
      ~~~
      ~~~

• Limited play 1: Allied archetypes

Let's review the five colours and the themes they access.

White - The strongest themes in white are Exalted and Equipment. It is secondary in Monsters and Tokens, hybrid in Defenders and Masks. Not yet mentioned (but implied) white represents the Gerudo people and white mana on Hyrule is drawn primarily from the desert landscapes. On Termina, the central plain is white as are many of the citizens of clocktown.

Blue - The strongest themes in blue are Exploration and Suspend. It is secondary in Exalted and Music, hybrid in "Lands Matter" and Defenders. Blue mana is utilized by the Zora of both Hyrule and Termina and their watery domains.

Black - Blacks main strengths are in Monsters and Masks. It is secondary in the Exploration them and in the go-wide theme. It is hybrid in "Lands matter" and Equipment. Black mana infuses the Sheikah and the people of the Ikana canyon, and the necropoli they maintain.

Red - In red we find the Musicians and Defenders. Red is secondary in Monsters and Exalted, and hybrid in Equipment and Suspend. Red mana gives us Gorons and their mountain homes.

Green - Finally, green's strengths are Tokens and Lands. It is secondary in Musicians and Exploration; hybrid in masks and suspend. Green mana infuses the Kokiri and the Deku, in their forests and jungles.

Accordingly, for limited:

I envision White/Blue as a voltron strategy. Take a hero, give them equipment and maybe a mask, send them out to explore alone with the support of allies back home. The signpost uncommon showcases this:

Kafei, Desperate Groom 1WWU
      Legendary Creature - Human (U)
      Exalted
      When a creature you control attacks alone reveal the top card of your library. If it is a card that could enchant or equip the attacking creature you may put it onto the battlefield and attach it to that creature.
      3/3

Meanwhile, I see Blue/Black as a much more durdly control strategy. Value is gained over time by making sure draws are smooth and the "random" effects always hit.

Jabu-Jabu, Royal Vizier UB
      Legendary Creature - Fish (U)
      Whenever an effect would cause you to reveal the top card of your library you may first choose to pay 2 life and scry 2.
      4UB, T: Name artefact, enchantment, creature or land. Reveal the top card of your library. If the revealed card has the named type, draw a card.
      1/4

Black/Red, on the other hand, is our most aggro combination with a strong "suicide" vibe.

Igos Du Ikana RB
      Legendary Creature - Skeleton (U)
      When this dies you sacrifice a creature. If you don't you discard a card. If you don't you lose the game.
      4/3

Next we have Red/Green, which is fairly straightforward as musician tribal.

Don Gero, Master Conductor - 3RG
      Legendary Creature - Frog Musician (U)
      As long as this is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, musicians you control have “3, T: Create a 0/1 red and green Frog Musician creature token”
      2/2

And we round things out with Green/White where our go-wide theme:

Host of Fairies 2WG
      Legendary Creature - Faerie (U)
      At the beginning of combat on each turn, put a +1/+1 counter on each other creature you control without a +1/+1 counter on it.
      3/3
      ~~~
      ~~~

The post was edited 1 time, last by Foo ().

• Limited play 2: Enemy archetypes

On to the enemy pairs! Because each enemy pair covers two hybrid mechanics fist and foremost these archetypes are fairly well designed and the signpost designs are fairly constrained.

In White/Black we have the equipment and masks themes. This lends itself to a voltron theme, like we saw in WU, but necessarily it's more reactive and less defensive.

Diabolical Salesman 2WB
      Creature - Human Advisor (U)
      When this enters the battlefield, search your library for an enchantment and put it into your hand then shuffle your library.
      When a creature dies target player loses 1 life for each card attached to that creature.
      2/2

In Blue/Red we have suspend cards and the defenders theme. Obviously this deck wants to play a very long game in which it gums up the board and gives its suspended spells time to resolve. So we have blue/red control.

Stone Soup Gourmet 1UR
      Creature - Elemental (U)
      Defender.
      At the beginning of each upkeep, if no creatures attacked last turn, remove a time counter from a card you own.
      1/4

In Black/Green we find the masks subtheme paired with a focus on lands. This is one of the more odd combinations, and we have to settle on a "value ramp" deck. Thus, Amulet of Vigor with legs:

Deku Monarch 1BG
      Creature - Plant (U)
      Whenever a permanent enters the battlefield tapped and under your control, untap it.
      3/3

In Red/White we have equipment and defenders. This is our final "build you own monster" combination and its a little difficult to differentiate from white/blue and white/black if we focus over much on the equipment angle (plus that's been done to death in R/W) so we'll focus more on the defender angle.

Desert Sniper 2WR
      Creature - Human Archer (U)
      Defender
      2WR T, This deals damage to target player or planeswalker equal to the number of creatures with defender you control and you gain that much life.
      2/4

Finally, in Green/Blue we have suspend and land matters. This deck, again, obviously want to go relatively big so let's break the mold and give it some top end:

Living Island 6UG
      Creature - Turtle (U)
      Suspend 4 - 2UG
      Trample.
      8/8
      ~~~
      ~~~

• Set Skeleton - Commons

CW01 - Creature, Exalted: Intrepid Fairy
      CW02 - Creature, Exalted: Market Scallywag
      CW03 - Creature, Exalted: Harried Carpenter
      CW04 - Creature, Monsters: Anubis
      CW05 - Creature, Monsters: White Bubble
      CW06 - Creature, Go wide: Festival Militia
      CW07 - Token Spell: Call the Bombers
      CW08 - Creature: Desert Duellist
      CW09 - Spell, Support for attacking alone: Nayru's Love
      CW10 - Spell: Unity of the Kingdom
      CW11 - Spell: Healing Harmony

CU01 - Creature, Exploration: Aquarium Hermit
      CU02 - Creature, Exploration: Inspector of the Heavens
      CU03 - Creature, Exalted: Future of the Bay
      CU04 - Creature, Exalted: Icebreaker Exuberant
      CU05 - Creature, Musician: Great Bay Guitarist
      CU06 - Creature, Musician: Proud Bandleader
      CU07 - Spell, Exploration: Inexplicable Squall
      CU08 - Spell, Exploration: Letter in a Bottle
      CU09 - Spell: Cancel
      CU10 - Spell: Expedition Preparations
      CU11 - Spell: Labyrinth Illusions

CB01 - Creature, Monsters: Dead Hand
      CB02 - Creature, Monsters: Moblin Earthshaker
      CB03 - Creature, Monsters: Redead
      CB04 - Creature, Monsters: Elusive Keese
      CB05 - Creature, Exploration: Possessed Pottery
      CB06 - Creature, Go Wide: Accursed Scholar
      CB07 - Token Spell: Hyrule Field Curse
      CB08 - Enchantment: Market's Dark Future
      CB09 - Spell, Exploration, Removal: Hyrule's Bloody History
      CB10 - Spell: Invoke the Beast
      CB11 - Spell: Lunar Panic

CR01 - Creature, Musician: Snowhead Percussionist
      CR02 - Creature, Musician: Death Mountain Drummer
      CR03 - Creature, Musician: Watcher of the Fields
      CR04 - Creature, Monsters: Flare Dancer
      CR05 - Creature, Monsters: Likelike
      CR06 - Creature, Exalted: Lonely Child
      CR07 - Spell, Attacking alone: Kingdom's Pride
      CR08 - Spell, Musician support: Royal Composer's Requiem
      CR09 - Spell: Magma Spray
      CR10 - Spell: Goron Patience
      CR11 - Spell: Death Mountain Eruption

CG01 - Creature, Go Wide: Slingshot Kokiri
      CG02 - Creature, Musician: Fairy Child Ocarinist
      CG03 - Creature, Musician: Daydreaming Ranch Hand
      CG04 - Creature, Exploration: Hero's Steed
      CG05 - Creature: Skulltula
      CG06 - Creature: Big Deku Baba
      CG07 - Token Spell: Spider Queen's Servants
      CG08 - Token Spell: Festival's Allure
      CG09 - Enchantment, Go wide: Memory of Giants
      CG10 - Spell, Exploration: Combat Experience
      CG11 - Spell: Great Deku's Calling

CX01 - (W/B) Creature, Equipment: Clocktown Banker
      CX02 - (W/B) Creature, Equipment: Wily Takkuri
      CX03 - (W/B) Creature, Enchantments Matter: Nocturnal Curio Vendor
      CX04 - (W/B) Spell, Equipment: Smith's Expertise
      CX05 - (W/B) Enchantment, Mask: Mask of the Tower's Monster
      CX06 - (W/B) Enchantment, Mask: Stone Mask

CX07 - (U/R) Creature, Defender: Zora Royal Guard
      CX08 - (U/R) Creature, Defender: Terrified Goron
      CX09 - (U/R) Creature, Suspend: Infernal Bubble
      CX10 - (U/R) Spell, Defensive: Kakariko Traditions
      CX11 - (U/R) Spell, Suspend: Fury of the Future
      CX12 - (U/R) Spell, Suspend: Evil King's Maladies

CX13 - (B/G) Creature, Lands: Deku Salesman
      CX14 - (B/G) Creature, Enchantments: Swamp Witches
      CX15 - (B/G) Spell, Lands: Lost
      CX16 - (B/G) Spell, Lands: Majora's Scheme
      CX17 - (B/G) Enchantment, Mask: Mask of the Butler's Son
      CX18 - (B/G) Enchantment, Mask: Captain's Hat

CX19 - (R/W) Creature, Defender: Hyrule Castle Guard
      CX20 - (R/W) Creature, Defender: Fortress Ambush Master
      CX21 - (R/W) Creature, Equipment: Gerudo Blademaster
      CX22 - (R/W) Creature, Equipment: Enormous Craftsman
      CX23 - (R/W) Spell, Defender: Blood Brother's Bond
      CX24 - (R/W) Spell, Equipment: Hero's Resourcefulness

CX25 - (G/U) Creature, Suspend: Untrustworthy Monkey
      CX26 - (G/U) Creature, Suspend: Scheming Eels
      CX27 - (G/U) Creature, Lands: Deku Puddlejumper
      CX28 - (G/U) Spell, Suspend: Fast Travel
      CX29 - (G/U) Spell, Lands: Search for Yesterday
      CX30 - (G/U) Enchantment, Lands: Hero's Journey

CA01 - Creature: Bombchu
      CA02 - Fixing: Dungeon Compass
      CA03 - Equipment: Fairy Slinghot
      CA04 - Equipment: Bag of Explosives
      CA05 - Equipment: Faultless Boomerang
      CA06 - Equipment: Child's Instrument

CL01 - WU Dual: Clocktown
      CL02 - UB Dual: Under the Well
      CL03 - BR Dual: Death Mountain
      CL04 - RG Dual: Lonlon Ranch
      CL05 - GW Dual: Kokiri VIllage
      CL06 - WB Dual: Ikana Canyon
      CL07 - UR Dual: Pirate's Fortress
      CL08 - BG Dual: Lost Woods
      CL09 - RW Dual: Hyrule Castle
      CL10 - GU Dual: Woodfall
      ~~~
      ~~~

The post was edited 5 times, last by Foo ().

• Set Skeleton - Uncommons

UW01 - Creature, Exalted/Monster: Proud Raider
      UW02 - Creature, Exalted/Gowide: Great Fairy
      UW03 - Creature, Monster/Gowide: Leever Swarm
      UW04 - Creature, Exalted: Hyrule Monarch
      UW05 - Creature, Monster: Otherwordly Theif
      UW06 - Token Spell: Fortress Alarm
      UW07 - Enchantment, Exalted: Wisdom of Kaeporas
      UW08 - Spell, Exalted: Salvation from Another Land
      UW09 - Spell, Quest Cycle: Raid the Ruin
      UW10 - Spell: Wasteland's Rebuke

UU01 - Creature, Exploration/Exalted: Protector of the Young
      UU02 - Creature, Exploration/Musician: Windmill Man
      UU03 - Creature, Musician/Exalted: Great Bay Diva
      UU04 - Creature, Musician: Diminutive Conductor
      UU05 - Enchantment, Exploration: World Map
      UU06 - Spell, Exploration: Princess' Privilege
      UU07 - Spell, Exploration: Illusion of Self
      UU08 - Spell, Exalted: Zora King's Ordinance
      UU09 - Spell, Quest Cycle: Examine the Whale
      UU10 - Spell: Wizrobe's Trick

UB01 - Creature, Monsters/Exploration: Garo Master
      UB02 - Creature, Monsters/Go Wide: Wart
      UB03 - Creature, Exploration/Go Wide: Wizrobe
      UB04 - Creature, Exploration: Keeper of the King's Secrets
      UB05 - Creature, Monsters: Stalfos
      UB06 - Enchantment, Go Wide: Ganon's Disregard
      UB07 - Spell, Monsters: Rewrite History
      UB08 - Spell, Monsters: Expose the Hidden Princess
      UB09 - Spell, Quest Cycle: Delve the Well
      UB10 - Spell: Gidbo's Cry

UR01 - Creature, Musician/Monsters: Ancient Castle Choirmaster
      UR02 - Creature, Musician/Exalted: Time Temple Muse
      UR03 - Creature, Monsters/Exalted: Gekko
      UR04 - Creature, Musician: Ancient Crooner
      UR05 - Enchantment, Exalted: Darunia's Resolve
      UR06 - Spell, Exalted: Fire Keese Nest
      UR07 - Spell, Musician: Sanctity of Song
      UR08 - Spell, Musician: Thrill of Inspiration
      UR09 - Spell, Quest Cycle: Purge the Cavern
      UR10 - Spell: Din's Fire

UG01 - Creature, Go Wide/Musician: Student of the Owl
      UG02 - Creature, Go Wide/Exploration: Fairy Cartographer
      UG03 - Creature, Exploration/Musician: Sheikah Harpist
      UG04 - Creature, Go Wide: Ranch Sisters
      UG05 - Creature: Dinolfos
      UG06 - Enchantment, Musician: Legacy of Song
      UG07 - Enchantment, Go Wide: Terminan Nationalism
      UG08 - Spell, Go Wide: Corners of the World
      UG09 - Spell, Exploration: Rupee Hunt
      UG10 - Spell, Quest Cycle: Heal the Forest

UX01 - WU Signpost: Kafei, Desperate Groom
      UX02 - UB Signpost: Jabu-Jabu, Royal Vizier
      UX03 - BR Signpost: Igos Du Ikana
      UX04 - RG Signpost: Don Gero, Master Conductor
      UX05 - GW Signpost: Host of Faires
      UX06 - WB Signpost: Diabolical Salesman
      UX07 - UR Signpost: Stonesoup Gourmet
      UX08 - BG Signpost: Deku Monarch
      UX09 - RW Signpost: Desert Sniper
      UX10 - GU Signpost: Living Island

UX11 - (W/B) Creature: Clocktown Thief
      UX12 - (W/B) Enchantment: Couples' Mask
      UX13 - (W/B) Spell: Just Reward
      UX14 - (U/R) Creature: Terminan Field Chuchu
      UX15 - (U/R) Enchantment: Alliance of Sea and Stone
      UX16 - (U/R) Spell: Twinrova's Hypnosis
      UX17 - (B/G) Creature: Plodding Gravedigger
      UX18 - (B/G) Enchantment: Soul Forged Mask
      UX19 - (B/G) Spell: Two Worlds in Reflection
      UX20 - (R/W) Creature: Princess' Garden Guard
      UX21 - (R/W) Enchantment: Warrior's Inventory
      UX22 - (R/W) Spell: Hope of all Hylians
      UX23 - (G/U) Creature: Growing Peahat
      UX24 - (G/U) Enchantment: Alternate Timelines
      UX25 - (G/U) Spell: Time Goddess' Boon

UA01 - Creature: Armos
      UA02 - Creature: Bemos
      UA03 - Equipment: Hero's Bow
      UA04 - Equipment: Longshot
      UA05 - Equipment: Megaton Hammer
      ~~~
      ~~~

The post was edited 6 times, last by Foo ().

• Set Skeleton - Rares and Mythics

RW01 - Creature, Sage: Desert's Soul
      RW02 - Creature, Boss: Guardian of the Colossus
      RW03 - Creature, Musician Cycle: Requiem of Spirit
      RW04 - Creature: Hero's Resplendent Steed
      RW05 - Enchantment cycle: Anchor to the Moon
      RW06 - Spell: Zelda's Final Gift
      RW07 - Spell: Link's Legacy

RU01 - Creature, Sage: Water's Queen
      RU02 - Creature, Boss: Labyrinth Parasite
      RU03 - Creature, Musician Cycle: Serenade of Water
      RU04 - Enchantment cycle: Ocean Vortex
      RU05 - Spell: Inescapable Time Loop
      RU06 - Spell: Ganon's Conquest
      RU07 - Spell: Fate of the Zoras

RB01 - Creature, Sage: Grave's Guardian
      RB02 - Creature, Boss: Prisoner of the Shadows
      RB03 - Creature, Musician Cycle: Nocturne of Shadows
      RB04 - Creature: First Servant of the Dark Lord
      RB05 - Enchantment cycle: Ancient Blasphemy
      RB06 - Spell: Lost Tribe's Truth
      RB07 - Spell: The Gap Between Dimensions

RR01 - Creature, Sage: Mountain's Brother
      RR02 - Creature, Boss: Bane of the Mountainfolk
      RR03 - Creature, Musician Cycle: Bolero of Fire
      RR04 - Enchantment cycle: Ceaseless Snow
      RR05 - Enchantment: Song of Double Time
      RR06 - Spell: First Omens of Evil
      RR07 - Spell: Death Mountain Eruption

RG01 - Creature, Sage: Forest's Child
      RG02 - Creature, Boss: Dark King's Doppelganger
      RG03 - Creature, Musician Cycle: Minuet of Forest
      RG04 - Creature: Likelike
      RG05 - Enchantment cycle: Jungle Blight
      RG06 - Enchantment: Lost in the Woods (Reprint)
      RG07 - Spell: Grow into Destiny

RX01 - (B/W) Spell: Third Night: Panic
      RX02 - BW Enchantment: Majora's Mask
      RX03 - (U/R) Spell: Third Night: Delivery
      RX04 - UR Creature: Masked Mechanical Monster, Goht
      RX05 - (B/G) Spell: Third Night: Grave Robbery
      RX06 - BG Creature: Giant Masked Insect: Twinmold
      RX07 - (R/W) Enchantment: Third Night: Reunion
      RX08 - RW Creature: Masked Jungle Warrior, Odolwa
      RX09 - (G/U) Spell: Third Night: Festival
      RX10 - GU Creature: Gargantuan Masked Fish, Gyorg

RA01 - Creature: Whirling Scythe
      RA02 - Equipment: Blade of Evil's Bane
      RA03 - Other: Windmill

RL01 - W Temple: Desert Colossus
      RL02 - U Temple: Island Labyrinth
      RL03 - B Temple: Graveyard Monument
      RL04 - R Temple: Volcanic Alter
      RL05 - G Temple: Faewild Mansion

---

M01 - Oath to Order
      M02 - Wish on the Triforce
      M03 - A Terrible Fate
      M04 - Childhood Renewed
      M05 - Sages' Seal

M06 - Zelda, of Legend
      M07 - Link, Hero of Two Worlds
      M08 - Ganondorf of the Gerudo
      M09 - Sheik, Inscrutable Inspiration
      M10 - Majora, Apocalypse Incarnate

M11 - Din, Nayru, and Farore: Golden Goddesses
      M12 - Oni, Fierce Deity

M13 - The Ocarina of Time

ML14 - Temple of Time
      ~~~
      ~~~

The post was edited 7 times, last by Foo ().

• Cycles 1

The first cycle in the set is a collection of non-basic lands at common with ETB abilities that reveal the top of the library. We have already seen the U/B land, Under the Well. The complete cycle follows:

Clock Town
      Land (C)
      T: Add W or U

Under the Well
      Land (C)

Death Mountain
      Land (C)
      T: Add B or R

Lonlon Ranch
      T: Add R or G

Kokiri Village
      T: Add G or W

Ikana Canyon
      T: Add W or B

Pirate's Fortress
      T: Add U or R

Lost Woods
      T: Add B or G

Hyrule Castle
      T: Add R or W

Woodfall
      T: Add G or U[/spoiler]

The second land cycle of the set is at rare: the hideaway lands. We've already seen Island Labyrinth. The cycle follows:

Dessert Colossus
      Land (R)
      Hideaway
      T: Add W to your manapool
      W,T: Target opponent creates a 3/3 colorless Construct artifact creature token with hexproof. You may play the exiled card without paying its mana cost.

Island Labyrinth
      Land (R)
      Hideaway
      T: Add U to your manapool
      U,T: Target opponent creates two 2/2 blue Fish creature tokens with flying. You may play the exiled card without paying its mana cost.

Graveyard Monument
      Land (R)
      Hideaway
      T: Add B to your manapool
      B,T: Target opponent creates two 1/1 black Zombie creature tokens with deathtouch. You may play the exiled card without paying its mana cost.

Volcanic Alter
      Land (R)
      Hideaway
      T: Add R to your manapool
      R,T: Target opponent creates a 3/2 red and black Lizard Warrior creature token with double strike. You may play the exiled card without paying its mana cost.

Faewild Mansion
      Land (R)
      Hideaway
      T: Add G to your manapool
      G,T: Target opponent creates a 3/3 green wolf creature token with "T: This fights target creature". You may play the exiled card without paying its mana cost.

Finally, the uncommon Quest cycle, based on the exploits of the younger Link in OOT:

Raid the Ruin - 2W
      Sorcery (U)
      Choose child or adult.
      • Child - Search your library for an enchantment or equipment card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. You cannot choose child again this game.
      • Adult - Destroy target enchantment.

Examine the Whale - 2U
      Sorcery (U)
      Choose child or adult.
      • Child - Search your library for an instant card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. You cannot choose child again this game.
      • Adult - Counter target instant spell.

Delve the Well - 2B
      Sorcery (U)
      Choose child or adult.
      • Child - Search your library for a card and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. You lose 5 life. You cannot choose child again this game.
      • Adult - Target player discards a card.

Purge the Cavern – 2R
      Sorcery (U)
      Choose child or adult.
      • Child - Search your library for a card with converted mana cost two or less and play it. Then shuffle your library. You cannot choose child again this game.
      • Adult - Destroy target land.

Heal the Forest – 2G
      Sorcery (U)
      • Child - Search your library for a basic land card and put it into play tapped. Then shuffle your library. You cannot choose child again this game.
      • Adult - Destroy target artifact.
      ~~~
      ~~~

• Cycles 2
      Our first creature cycle comes in at rare, and represents the OOT temple bosses. Suspend is used to represent the nature of the threat, seven years into the future. This is the only use of suspend in black and white in the set:

Guardian of the Colossus
      (White color indicator)
      Creature – Knight (R)
      This has hexproof as long as it is equipped.
      Whenever you remove a time counter from this card while it is suspened look at the top three cards of your library. You may reveal an equipment card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
      Suspend 3 - WW
      4/4

Labyrinth Parasite
      (Blue color indicator)
      Creature – Jelleyfish (R)
      Hexproof
      Remove a time counter from this card: counter target spell or ability which targets a creature you control.
      Suspend X – XUU, X cannot be zero.
      2/2

Prisoner of the Shadows
      Creature – Spirit Beast (R)
      (Black color indicator)
      Flying, trample.
      While this card is suspended, you can't win the game and your opponents can't lose the game.
      At the beginning of each player's unpkeep, if this card is suspended, that player may pay 3 life. If they do, place a time counter on this card.
      Suspend 2 – BB.
      6/6

Bane of the Mountainfolk
      (Red color indicator)
      Creature – Dragon (R)
      Flying
      At the beginning of your upkeeep and whenever a time counter is removed from this card it does 1 damage to target creature.
      Suspend 4 - RR
      5/5

Dark King's Doppelganger
      (Green color indicator)
      Creature – Spirit (R)
      When this enters the battlefield, target opponent choses a creature they control. This creature fights that creature.
      If this creature would leave the battlefield, exile it with two time counters instead.
      Suspend 2 - GG
      4/1

Complementary to these designs we have the sages. Exalted is the mechanic on display here, making its only appearance in black and green:

Desert's Soul – 3WWW
      Creature – Human Advisor (R)
      Exalted. Creatures your opponents control get -2/-2.
      If this is in your opening hand, you may reveal and exile it.
      At the beginning of each end step, if you attacked with three creatures this turn and this has been exiled since the beginning of the game, you may cast it for W.
      4/4

Water's Queen – 3UUU
      Creature – Merfolk Advisor (R)
      Exalted. Opponents skip their draw step.
      At the beginning of each end step, if you drew three or more cards this turn and this has been exiled since the beginning of the game, you may cast it for U.
      4/4

Grave's Guardian - 3BBB
      Creature – Human Advisor (R)
      Exalted. At the beginning of their upkeep, each opponent sacrifices a creature.
      At the beginning of each end step, if there are four or more creatures in your graveyard and this has been exiled since the beginning of the game, you may cast it for B.
      4/4

Mountain's Brother - 3RRR
      Creature – Elemental Advisor (R)
      Exalted. If a source you control would deal damage, it deals twice that much damage instead.
      At the beginning of each end step, if an opponent was dealt five or more damage this turn and this has been exiled since the beginning of the game, you may cast it for R.
      5/3

Forest's Child - 3GGG
      Creature – Elf Advisor (R)
      Exalted. Opponents can't play lands.
      At the beginning of each end step, if you control six or more lands and this has been exiled since the beginning of the game, you may cast it for G.
      3/5

And finally, to complete the OOT flavour, a cycle of musical avatars:

Requiem of Spirit 2WW
      Creature - Musician Avatar (R)
      Musicians you control have flying and vigilance.
      4/4

Serenade of Water 3UU
      Musicians you control untap during each other player's untap step.
      3/4

Nocturne of Shadow B
      Sacrifice a musician: return a musician card from your graveyard to your hand.
      1/1

Bolero of Fire 2R
      Musicians you control have haste.
      3/2

Minuet of the Forest 1G
      You may spend mana as if it was mana of any color to cast musician spells and activate musician abilities.
      2/2

On the Terminan side, we have enchantments to represent the game's major location and play into the 3-day cycle theme.

Anchor to the Moon 3WW
      Enchantment
      When this enters the battlefield, destroy all creatures.
      At the beginning of your upkeep, put a time counter on this. Then, if there are three time counters on this card, exile it and return it to the battlefield under its owners control.

Ocean Vortex 3UU
      Enchantment
      When this enters the battlefield, tap up to three target permanents. They don't untap during their controller's next untap step.
      At the beginning of your upkeep, put a time counter on this. Then, if there are three time counters on this card, exile it and return it to the battlefield under its owners control.

Ancient Blasphemy 4BB
      Enchantment
      When this enters the battlefield return a creature from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Ceaseless Snow 2RR
      Enchantment
      When this enters the battlefield deal 4 damage to any target.

Jungle Blight 1GG
      Enchantment
      When this enters the battlefield create three green 1/1 Insect tokens.
      ~~~
      ~~~

• Final Design File 1

White commons

Intrepid Fairy - 1W
      Creature - Faerie (C)
      Exalted
      Sacrifice this: target attacking creature gains indestructible until end of turn.
      1/3

Market Scallywag - W
      Creature - Human Rogue (C)
      Exalted
      When this dies, target opponent gains 2 life
      0/1

Harried Carpenter - 1WW
      Creature - Human (C)
      Exalted, First Strike.
      2/2

Anubis - 2W
      Creature - Zombie Spirit
      Vigilance.
      Whenever this blocks, you gain 1 life.
      1/4

White Bubble - 2W
      Creature - Spirit (C)
      Flying
      When this dies, exile your graveyard
      2/2

Festival Militia - 4WW
      Creature - Human Soldier (C)
      This card's power and toughness are equal to the number of other creatures you control with power 2 or less.
      */*

Call the Bombers XW
      Instant (C)
      X cannot be more than 5
      This costs 1 less for each creature you control that blocked this turn.
      Create X white 1/1 Human creature tokens.

Desert Duellist - 3W
      Creature - Human Soldier
      When a creature dealt damage by this dies, place it on the bottom of its owner's library
      3/3

Nayru's love - 1W
      Instant (C)
      Target creature attacking alone gets +2/+0 and gains indestructible until end of turn.

Unity of the Kingdom - 3W
      Sorcery (C)
      Exile target non-human, non-merfolk, non-elemental, non-elf creature.

Healing Harmony - 2W
      Sorcery (C)
      As an additional cost to cast this, exile a creature card from your graveyard.
      Return an aura card from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Blue commons
      Aquarium Hermit - 1UU
      Creature - Human Advisor (C)
      T: Reveal the top card of your library. If it is an instant or sorcery, draw a card. Otherwise, draw a card and then discard a card.
      1/3

Inspector of the Heavens - U
      Creature - Human Wizard (C)
      When this enters the battlefield, scry 2.
      1/1

Future of the Bay - U
      Creature - Egg
      Defender, Exalted
      When this dies, target opponent may scry 1.
      0/2

Icebreaker Exuberant - 2U
      Creature - Merfolk
      Exalted
      When this attacks alone, tap or untap target permanent
      1/2

Great Bay Guitarist – 2U
      Creature – Merfolk Musician (C)
      As long as this is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, musicians you control have “T: Draw a card, then discard a card”
      2/2

Proud Bandleader - 4U
      Creature - Merfolk Musician (C)
      Hexproof
      As long as this is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, musicians you control have “T: Target creature gains flying until end of turn”
      3/3

Inexplicable squall - 1U
      Instant (C)
      Reveal the top card of your library. Return target creature to its owns hand. If the revealed card was a land, you may put that creature on top of its owner's library instead.

Letter in a bottle - 3U
      Sorcery (U)
      Reveal the top card of your library. Draw 2 cards. If the revealed card was an instant or sorcery draw 3 cards instead

Cancel - 1UU
      Instant (C)
      Counter target spell

Expedition Preparations - UU
      Instant (C)
      Draw 3 cards, then put 2 cards from your hand into your library 2nd and 3rd from the top.

Labyrinth Illusions - 2UU
      Sorcery (C)
      Creatures your opponents control get -2/-0 until your next turn. Draw a card.

Black Commons
      Dead Hand – 2B
      Creature - Zombie (C)
      Attacking creatures get -1/-1
      Whenever this blocks, attacking player discards a card.
      1/1

Moblin Earthshaker 2BB
      Creature - Goblin Giant (C)
      When this dies, each opponent may pay 2 life. Any player who pays life in this way draws a card.
      4/4

Redead - 1B
      Creature - Zombie (C)
      Lifelink
      3/1

Elusive Keese - 1B
      Creature - Bat (C)
      Flying
      (2): This gains protection from white and green until end of turn.
      2/1

Possessed Pottery - B
      Creature - Spirit (C)
      When this attacks reveal the top card of your library. If it is a creature, this gets +2/+2 and flying until end of turn.
      At the end of your turn, if this attacked, sacrifice it.
      2/2

Accursed Scholar - 1B
      Creature – Zombie (C)
      You may play this from your graveyard.
      When this dies you lose 2 life.
      1/1

Hyrule Field Curse - 3BB
      Sorcery (C)
      Each opponent sacrifices a creature. Create a black 2/2 Skeleton creature token and another for each creature sacrificed this way.

Market's Dark Future - 3B
      Enchantment (C)
      When a creature enters the battlefield under an opponents control that player loses 1 life.

Hyrule's Bloody History - 2B
      Sorcery (C)
      Reveal the top card of your library. Target player sacrifices a creature. If the revealed card was a creature, destroy target creature instead.

Invoke the Beast - B
      Instant (C)
      Target creature gets +3/+0 and first strike until end of turn. If it dies this turn, target opponent draws a card.

Lunar Panic - 2B
      Sorcery (B)
      Target player discards a card. Return a creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
      ~~~
      ~~~

• Final Design File 2

Red Commons
      Snowhead Percussionist - 1R
      Creature - Elemental Musician (C)
      As long as this is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, musicians you control have “T: Target creature can't block this turn”
      2/1

Death Mountain Drummer - 1R
      As long as this is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, musicians you control have “T: Target creature attacks this turn if able”
      1/3

Watcher of the Fields - 1RR
      Creature - Scarecrow Musician (C)
      As long as this is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, musicians you control have "R, T: This deals 1 damage to any target"
      2/2

Flare Dancer - 2R
      Creature - Elemental (C)
      3/1

Likelike - 3R
      Creature - Ooze (C)
      When this enters the battlefield you may exile target artifact until this leaves the battlefield.
      3/3

Flare Dancer - 2R
      Creature - Elemental (C)
      3/1

Lonely Child - R
      Creature – Elemental (C)
      Defender, Exalted
      When this dies it deals 2 damage to you.
      0/2

Kingdom's Pride - XR
      Instant (C)
      Target creature attacking alone gets +X/+0 until end of turn

Royal Composer's Requiem - 1R
      Create two red 1/1 Spirit Musician tokens with haste. Exile them at the beginning of the next end step.

Magma Spray - R
      Instant (C)
      This deals 2 damage to target creature. If that creature would die this turn exile it instead.

Goron patience - R
      Instant (C)
      Attacking creature get first strike until end of turn.
      Blocking creatures get +1/+3 until end of turn.

Death Mountain Eruption - 3RR
      Sorcery (C)
      Destroy target land. This deals 2 damage to each creature.

Green Commons
      Slingshot Kokiri - 1GG
      Creature - Elf Scout
      Reach
      When this enters the battlefield, create a green 1/1 Faerie creature token.
      1/2

Fairy Child Ocarinist - 1G
      As long as this is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, musicians you control have “T: Add one mana of any color”
      0/2

Daydreaming Ranch Hand - G
      Creature - Human Musician (C)
      As long as this is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, musicians you control have “T: Gain 1 life”
      1/1

Hero's Steed - 2G
      Creature - Horse (C)
      When this attacks, reveal the top card of your library. If it is a land, draw a card.
      2/3

Skulltula - 2GG
      Creature - Spider (C)
      Flash, Reach.
      3/2

Big Deku Baba - 5G
      Creature - Plant (C)
      Trample, Defender.
      2: This deals 4 damage to itself and loses defender until end of turn.
      6/6

Spider Queen's Servants - 2G
      Sorcery (C)
      Create three green 1/2 Plant creature tokens.
      You may cast this as though it had flash if you pay (2) more to cast it.

Festival's Allure - 4G
      Sorcery (C)
      Create a white 2/1 human creature token, a blue 1/1 merfolk creature token, a red 0/2 elemental creature token, and a green 1/2 plant creature token.

Memory of Giants - 2GG
      Enchantment (C)
      When four or more creature you control block a single creature, they all gain indestructible until end of turn

Combat experience - G
      Instant (C)
      Reveal the top card of your library. Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn. If the revealed card was a creature it gets +4/+4 instead.

Great Deku's Calling - 2G
      Sorcery
      Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control, then it fights target creature an opponent controls. If that creature dies, gain 4 life.

Colorless
      Bombchu - 3
      Artifact Creature - Construct (C)
      Meance.
      When this becomes blocked sacrifice it. It deals 2 damage to all creature blocking it.
      2/1

Dungeon Compass - 3
      Artifact (C)
      T: Add C
      Equipment spells you cast cost (1) less

Faeire Slingshot - 2
      Artifact - Equipment (C)
      Equipped creature gets +1/+0 and has reach
      Equip - 1

Bag of Explosives - 1
      Artifact - Equipment (C)
      Equipped creature has "T: deal 1 damage to target creature or 3 damage to target creature with defender"
      Equip - 2

Faultless Boomerang - 3
      Artifact - Equipment (C)
      Equipped creature has "T, uneqip faultless boomerang: this fights target creature"
      Equip - 4

Child's instrument - 0
      Artifact - Equipment (C)
      Equipped creature is a musician in addition to its other types
      Equip - 1

Clock Town
      Land (C)
      T: Add W or U

Under the Well
      Land (C)

Death Mountain
      Land (C)
      T: Add B or R

Lonlon Ranch
      T: Add R or G

Kokiri Village
      T: Add G or W

Ikana Canyon
      T: Add W or B

Pirate's Fortress
      T: Add U or R

Lost Woods
      T: Add B or G

Hyrule Castle
      T: Add R or W

Woodfall
      T: Add G or U
      ~~~
      ~~~

• Final Design File 3

W/B Commons
      Clocktown Banker - 1(W/B)(W/B)
      When an equipment enters the battlefield under your control target opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
      2/2

Wily Takkuri - 1(W/B)
      Creatue - Bird Rogue
      Flying. You cannot pay the equip cost of permanents you control.
      (W/B) (W/B): Attach target equipment you control to this.
      2/1

Nocturnal Curio Vendor 3(W/B)
      (2) - Change the target of target aura spell you control to a creature you control.
      3/2

Smith's Expertise - 1(W/B)(W/B)
      Sorcery (C)
      Create a token copy of target equipment

Mask of the Tower's Monster - 2(W/B)(W/B)
      Enchantment – Aura (C)
      Enchant Creature
      Enchanted creature is a 5/5 white Giant which does not untap during its controller's untap step.

Stone Mask - 2(W/B)
      Enchantment - Aura (C)
      Enchant Creature
      Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has hexproof as long as it's untapped.

U/R commons
      Zora Royal Guard 1(U/R)
      Creature - Merfolk Soldier (C)
      Defender
      This creature's power is equal to the number of creatures with defender you control
      */4

Terrified Goron - 1(U/R)(U/R)
      Creature - Elemental (C)
      Defender
      Each combat, this blocks a random attacking creature if able.
      3/3

Infernal Bubble - 2(U/R)
      Creature - Spirit (C)
      Whenever you remove a time counter from a card you own, this gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
      Suspend 2 - (U/R)
      2/2

Kakariko Traditions - 2(U/R)(U/R)
      Instant (C)
      Cast this only on an opponent's turn
      Creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain prowess until end of turn.
      Add UR

Fury of the Future - 4(U/R)(U/R)
      Sorcery (C)
      Deal 4 damage divided as you choose among up to four targets.
      Suspend 3 - (U/R)(U/R)

Evil King's Maladies - 5(U/R)
      Sorcery (C)
      Destroy two target lands, draw two cards.
      Suspend 6 - (U/R)

B/G Commons
      Deku Salesman (B/G)
      Creature - Plant Advisor (C)
      T, pay 2 life: put a land from your hand onto the battlefield
      T, pay 2 life: put a land from your graveyard on top of your library
      1/1

Swamp Witches - (B/G)(B/G)
      Creature - Human Wizard
      Sacrifice this: put target enchantment spell in your graveyard on top of your library
      2/2

Lost (B/G)(B/G)
      Sorcery (C)
      All players sacrifice a land, then search their libraries for up to two basic land cards and put them into play tapped.

Majora's Scheme - X(B/G)
      Sorcery (C)
      As an additional cost to play this, sacrifice X lands.
      You gain X life and draw X cards.

Mask of the Butler's Son - (B/G)(B/G)
      Enchantment – Aura (C)
      Enchant Creature
      Enchanted Creature is a 2/2 green Plant with forestwalk and swampwalk.

Captains hat - 2(B/G)(B/G)
      Enchantment - Aura (C)
      Enchant Creature
      Enchanted creature and all creature that share a type with it have +1/+1 and menace.

R/W Commons
      Hyrule Castle Guard - 1(R/W)
      Creature - Human Soldier
      Defender (C)
      If you control 3 or more creatures with defender, this has first strike.
      If you control 5 or more creatures with defender, this has double strike.
      3/1

Fortress Ambush Master - 3(R/W)(R/W)
      Creature - Human Pirate (C)
      Flash, Defender
      When this enters the battlefield untap all creatures you control.
      3/3

Gerudo Blademaster - (R/W)(R/W)
      Creature - Human Soldier (C)
      While equipped, this gets +2/+0.
      2/2

Enormous Craftsman - 4(R/W)(R/W)
      Creature - Elemental (C)
      Equipment you control is indestructible.
      5/5

Blood Brothers' Bond 1(R/W)
      Instant (C)
      Target creature with defender gets +1/+1 and gains double strike until end of turn.

Hero's Resourcefulness - 3(R/W)(R/W)
      Sorcery (C)
      Target equipped creature you control deals damage equal to its power to any target. Destroy all equipment attached to it.

U/G Commons

Untrustworthy Monkey 1(U/G)(U/G)
      Creature - Ape (C)
      When you suspend this, return target creature to its owner's hand
      Suspend 2 - (U/G)(U/G)
      2/2

Scheming Eels 4(U/G)(U/G)
      Creature - Fish (C)
      Hexproof
      Suspend 5 - (U/G)(U/G)
      4/4

Deku Puddlejumper - (U/G)(U/G)
      Creature - Plant (C)
      When this attacks, untap target land
      2/2

Fast Travel - 1(U/G)(U/G)
      Sorcery (C)
      Scry 2. Draw a card. You may play an additional land this turn.
      Suspend 2 - (U/G)

Search for Yesterday (U/G)
      Sorcery (C)
      As an additional cost to cast this, return a land card your control to its owner's hand. Return target land card from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Hero's Journey - (U/G)(U/G)
      Enchantment (C)
      When a land enters the battlefield under any player's control that player draws a card and gains 1 life.
      ~~~
      ~~~

• Final Design File 4

White Uncommons
      Proud Raider - WW
      Creature - Human Warrior (U)
      Exalted, First Strike.
      When this dies, target opponent creates a colorless 3/3 Construct artifact creature token with hexproof.
      2/2

Great Fairy - 3WW
      Creature - Human Pirate (U)
      Exalted
      When a creature you control attacks alone, create a white 1/1 Fairy creature token.
      4/4

Leever Swarm - 2W
      Creature - Vampire beast (U)
      When this attakcs create two tokens copies of it tapped and attacking.
      At the end of your turn, if you control two or more creature named Leever swarm, sacrifice all but one of them.
      1/1

Hyrule Monarch - 2WW
      Creature - Human Advisor (U)
      Exalted, Exalted
      2/3

Otherworldly Thief - 3W
      Creatire - Spirit Rogue (U)
      Flying, Vigilance
      3/3

Fortress Alarm - 2WW
      Socrcery (U)
      Create two white 2/2 Human Pirate creature tokens with first strike.

Wisdom of Kaeporas - 1W
      Enchantment (U)
      Exalted
      When this enters the battlefield, you may search your library for up to three cards named Wisdom of Kaeporas, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle your library.

Salvation from Another Land - 1W
      Sorcery (U)
      Look at the top five cards of your library. You may reveal a creature from among them. If you do, put that card onto the battlefield. Return it to your hand at the beginning of the next end step.

Raid the Ruin - 2W
      Sorcery (U)
      Choose child or adult.

• Child - Search your library for an enchantment or equipment card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. You cannot choose child again this game.
      • Adult - Destroy target enchantment.

Wasteland's Rebuke - 2W
      Instant (U)
      Exile target attacking creature. Its controller can't cast spells with the same name as that creature on their next turn.

Blue Uncommons
      Protector of the Young - 2U
      Creature – Merfolk Warrior (U)
      Whenever this attacks alone, reveal the top card of your library. Creatures with converted mana cost less than that of the revealed card can't block this turn.
      3/2

Windmill man - 2UU
      Creature - Human Musician (U)
      As long as this is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, musicians you control have “T: Reveal the top card of your library. Target player puts the top X cards of their library into their graveyard where X is the revealed card's converted mana cost”
      3/3

Great Bay Diva - 1U
      Creature - Merfolk Musician (U)
      As long as this is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, musicians you control have “T: Target creature attacking alone gets +1/+1 until end of turn"
      2/2

Diminutive Conductor - U
      Creature - Merfolk Musician (U)
      As long as this is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, musicians you control have “T: Target creature gets -2/-0 until end of turn"
      1/1

World Map - UU
      Enchantment (U)
      When this enters the battlefield reveal the top card of your library, then draw a card.
      Whenever you reveal the top card of your library, if the revealed card is a land card, scry 1. Otherwise tap or untap target permanent.

Princess' Privilege - 1U
      Instant (U)
      Reveal the top card of your library. Counter target spell unless its controller pays (2). If the revealed card is an instant or sorcery counter target spell instead.

Illusion of Self - 2UU
      Sorcery (U)
      Reveal the top card of your library. Create a token copy of target creature an opponent controls. If the revealed card was a basic island, create two copies instead.

Zora King's Ordinance - UU
      Instant (U)
      Target creature attacking alone gets +0/+3 and hexproof until end of turn. Draw a card.

Examine the Whale - 2U
      Sorcery (U)
      Choose child or adult.

• Child - Search your library for an instant card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. You cannot choose child again this game.
      • Adult - Counter target instant spell.

Wizrobe's Trick - 1UU
      Instant (U)
      The next spell you cast this turn has flash. If it is a sorcery, copy it. You may choose new targets for the copies.
      ~~~
      ~~~

• Final Design File 5

Black Uncommons
      Garo Master - 1BB
      Creature - Spirit Ninja (U)
      Play with the top card of your library revealed.
      At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent may have you put the top card of your library into your graveyard.
      4/4

Wart - 2BB
      Creature - Horror (U)
      Flying
      When this enters the battlefield, but three blue 1/1 Bubble creature tokens into play. Bubbles you control block if able.
      This has +3/+3 as long as you control a Bubble.
      0/0

Wizrobe - 1B
      Creature - Illusion Wizard (U)
      2BB, T: Reveal the top card of your library. If it is a land, create a token copy of this.
      When this becomes the target of a spell or ability, if it is a token, destroy it.
      2/2

Keeper of the King's Secrets - 2B
      Creature – Human Warrior(U)
      Deathtouch
      When this enters the battlefield scry 1. Then you may reveal the top card of your library. If you do, target opponent loses life equal to its converted mana cost.
      1/3

Stalfos - 3B
      Creature - Skeleton (U)
      4BB, tap an untapped skeleton you control: Return this from your graveyard to the battlefield.
      3/4

Ganon's disregard - B
      Enchantment (U)
      When this enters the battlefield, draw a card.
      Sacrifice a creature: scry 1

Rewrite History - 1BB
      Sorcery (U)
      Destroy target creature with converted mana cost less than 3, or return target creature card with converted mana cost less than 3 from the graveyard to play.

Expose the hidden Princess - 3B
      Sorcery (U)
      Target player discards two cards. For each creature card discarded this way that player loses 2 life.

Delve the Well - 2B
      Sorcery (U)
      Choose child or adult.

• Child - Search your library for a card and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. You lose 5 life. You cannot choose child again this game.
      • Adult - Target player discards a card.
      Gibdo's cry - 1BInstant (U)
      Target creature blocks this turn if able. Creatures blocked by that creature gain lifelink until end of turn.

Red Uncommons
      Ancient Castle Choirmaster 1RR
      Creature - Skeleton Musician (U)
      As long as this is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, musicians you control have “R, T: Create a token copy of this card, except that it is Construct with no mana cost. It gains haste. Exile it at end of turn".
      2/2

Time Temple Muse - 2RR
      Creature - Human Musician (U)
      When a creature you control attacks alone you may tap three untapped musicians you control. If you do, after this phase, there is an additional combat phase.
      3/2

Gekko - 1RR
      Legendary Creature - Frog Warrior (U)
      When this attacks alone, create a green 2/2 Turtle creature token with menace tapped and attacking. Exile it at the end of turn.
      1/1

Ancient crooner - 4R
      Creature - Elemental Musician (U)
      As long as this is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, musicians you control have “T: You may discard a card. If you do, draw a card".
      4/4

Fire Keese Nest - 1R
      Sorcery (U)
      If a source you control would deal combat damage to a player or plant creature this turn, it deals twice that much damage instead.

Darunia's Resolve - RR
      Enchantment (U)
      When you declare attackers, if no more than two creatures attack, treat each as if they were attacking alone.

Sanctity of Song - 2R
      Instant (U)
      This deals 2 damage to all non-musician creatures

Thrill of Inspiration - 3R
      Instant (U)
      Discard your hand. Draw a number of cards equal to the number of musicians you control plus the number of musician cards in your graveyard.

Purge the Cavern – 2R
      Sorcery (U)
      Choose child or adult.

• Child - Search your library for a card with converted mana cost two or less and play it. Then shuffle your library. You cannot choose child again this game.
      • Adult - Destroy target land.
      Din's Fire - 3RRInstant (U)
      This deals 3 damage to up to three target creatures.
      ~~~
      ~~~