Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    I remember ZU when...
    • Lioness wrote:

Mirren wrote:

The next sentence is going to sound ludicrous, but go with it.

Who was the guy who was cheated on by a banana and an apple? He had a thread posting pictures of himself doing dares from other members. Was that Atticus?
      Could've been Kedisar too. Or maybe they had one thread each.
      Wait. was Atticus Asci? Or two different people?
      If you mean @AtticusChang, then different.
    • Lioness wrote:

Mirren wrote:

The next sentence is going to sound ludicrous, but go with it.

Who was the guy who was cheated on by a banana and an apple? He had a thread posting pictures of himself doing dares from other members. Was that Atticus?
      Could've been Kedisar too. Or maybe they had one thread each.
      Wait. was Atticus Asci? Or two different people?
      It definitely wasn't Kedisar. I think @Sabbo is correct with AtticusChang.
    • "The always come back..."

Hey guys!
      I am so heckin' busy this weekend! I just thought I'd pop in to say hi, and I'll come back and spend a bit more time after this weekend. I'm putting on a HUGE fund raiser for my church, so I shouldn't even be here. It's the last thing I need, actually, LMAO!

And just to answer now- I have played BOTW, beaten it, loved it, and have collected over 650 korok seeds.

See you all soon!
      Margar
      [*][img]https://zeldauniverse.net/forums/wcf/images/smilies/derp.png[/img]
      [/list]
    • It has been...what, five years since I last was active here?

Cody Davies cc'd me in an email reaching out to formerly active members whose activity subsided. I'm getting a rush of memories but can hardly seem to put names to personalities anymore.

What really stuck out in my mind was the "Count to a Million" thread, even before we were forced to write more than just the post count. Good times. Does anyone remember that era?
    • andi wrote:

ZU, *queer*, you say? Baby, don't I know it. I think I was the first person around here who actually ever made mention of my sexuality and gender - quiet loudly and quiet often in 2002, hahahaha - and I got a lot of shit from some people for it back then. Over time, though, I ended up with a whole gaggle of queerbies who started asking me questions or coming out to me. But when people would ask me about how to actually put their identities into practice in real life, I was *fucking worthless* - I would have literally lost all of my IRL support systems and would have had to deal with *way* more abuse than usual if I had come out at that time, so I was stuck firmly in the closet. Pip was the *first* one around here who didn't just acknowledge his non-het sexuality, but also *lived* it day-in and day-out. I know plenty of kids who flocked to him, and he mentored the hell out of a ton of super-famous queer/questioning oldbies who learned the tools they needed to be out and proud from him. Those kids all kept the queer-lovely atmosphere here alive and kicking long after pip himself left, and after that most attempts to try and make the place ______-phobic were shut down *much more easily*. You can't talk about a proper history of ZU queerness without talking about pip, and aside from that, he was just an all-around *really good guy*. And still, on top of that, a *hell* of a fantastic writer. I don't mean to diminish that shit, @Mirren, but man, pip was an all-around delightful and incredibly intelligent human being. I could make this same sort of rant about pip and his effect on ZU's creative writing threads and debate forums, and put just as much into it.

I've had a lot of conversations with people over the years about why the Zelda community ended up with so many queer people and why, over time, tons of oldbies have come back around to me and others and been like "surprise, I'm *insert identity plot twist here*!" I promise you, you three are just some of the proud awesome trans people this place has had the pleasure of hosting over the years, even if some haven't been so open about it or if it took them an extra little while to figure it out. ;3 I'm so glad you all have found an awesome spot where you get to rock out right. <3 I do have to say, seeing a proper active trans community in this place warms the hell out of my cold, bitter heart.

AND THEN @Sabbo MENTIONED STONY
      OH GOD
      I HAD MANAGED TO FORGET ABOUT STONY
      I HAD FINALLY SEALED HER OFF FROM MY CONSCIOUSNESS, NEVER TO HAVE TO THINK OF HER AGAIN

AND YOU RUINED THAT, SABBO

*cries*
      replying to this without having scrolled through the rest of the thread yet (you guys, this THREAD!), to echo andi’s praise for Pipking as a role model for queer youth here — I joined circa 2003 and this was the first social space where I was out as gay (And not totally uncontroversially! I recall some strong words in the “serious discussion” forum about homosexuality). Pipking reached out me and was wonderful as a mentor and role model and all around decent person.
    • Sharia for the UK wrote:

I remember Discussion. There was a member named Discussion, I remember myself and all of my crazy crack pot ideas. I had some weird ones.
      It has literally been six or so years since I've thought about Discussion and this brought back all the associated threads of emotion. Strange how that happens when so many other threads are lost.

Cody wrote:

That count to a million thread was so active that it basically needed a dedicated moderator. There were whole communities formed inside it.
      Yeah, and it was dope. There was another member of Din Clan, a guy from Kansas who described himself as a burned-down library. He stopped posting during my tenure here. Wonder where he went, I kind of sympathized with him.
    • I see some people here didn't know about throwback and the other skins. I sent a pm to orion to add this to the ultimate guide to Zelda Universe thread. I figured I'd also post it here for you older returning members that might not know how to change styles.

Styles
      • Ever wanted to see this site a different way? Change the style! Styles let you change the appearance of ZU. The current style you are using now is called "Temple". There are a total of four styles: Temple, Throwback, Blue Temptation, and Woltlab Basic. To change the style of the site, go to the top of the site and click on your profile. Then click on "General" under "Settings". Now at the very top of the page click on "Default Value" under "Styles". From here you can select one of the four styles. Try them all out and see which one is for you!

Tru Universe|Cat Midna Avatar and Signature by The Twilight Princess. Check out her art thread here!
    • I joined ZU when I was 11, and faded out when I was like 17. It’s weird right cos there are people here who knew me in that tender period of my life! Lots of the pranks and drama people post about here I took pretty seriously. I used to love logging in after school and get philosophical with you all. Lots of love, I think of you like distant cousins x

The post was edited 3 times, last by Awkin: Extra whimsy ().