Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    I remember ZU when...
    • I feel like I just did the time warp, lol

I didn't post quite as much on ZU as I did on GT, Z64 Planet, Urvan Zelda, ZeldaXclipse, ZHQ, annnd probably a few others I'm missing, but i recognize a lot of you from the ol' days.
      I was a Mod/Super Mod on so many forums lol

I'm sure a lot more will come to me later, but I remember the forum member awards, the infamous GANON BANNED button from Dan @ GT and the points system to earn custom titles
    • @All you modmins - I would have saved so much drunken post editing time and mental energy if I had just known I could swear all over the place here now, sheesh. XD

@Lozzie - Yeah, I know, I remember hearing about that crap in real-time, and I'm so glad you and the missus finally ended up getting full custody of that kiddo of you-two-'s. :33 It seemed like quite the shitshow at the time, and I'm glad you're all doing well! And godDAMN, she's gotten so big! All that cheesy shit our parents told us about time flying and crap is actually real, who knew? D:

@HeroOfTime5 - I know there's at least one bigger Zelda community member who does some badass photography work for NASA that pops up on my facebook feed all the time. I really *should* know who this person is, but shit, I'm drawing a complete blank right now. Maybe that's who you're thinking of?

Also sheesh, @Prof. Fish, there have been *so many* tons of people that have been here over the years, but those two would certainly jazz the thread up some more. <3

AHHHH @Mirren! I was literally *just* thinking about pipking while typing this! I haven't heard anything about him in an eternity, I hope he's doing well! Anyone have any info on him?
    • Prof. Fish wrote:

Liah! =D

we are still waiting for tiroth. and AQ. no worries tho everyone comes back at some point
      Where is Old Beane, anyway? I think he was the one who came up with the "they always come back" thing?

Prof. Fish wrote:

wait we can swear now? fuck yeah

we're also missing jodd and pani. and powershot. and xeno. i dunno i'm just rambling names hoping there's some sort of beetlejuice effect that will summon them.

then we can argue which zelda game is best again. that's why we're here after all
      Panique posted earlier, I think. I haven't seen the others.
    • andi wrote:

AHHHH @Mirren! I was literally *just* thinking about pipking while typing this! I haven't heard anything about him in an eternity, I hope he's doing well! Anyone have any info on him?
      I've done some searches for him in the past, but I was never able to find anything, sadly. Pip was a very private guy, so I never really had too many details to work with. I'd give anything for him to critique my writing, nowadays.

He'd knock me down to rock bottom like Fletcher from Whiplash :lol:

Sabbo wrote:

Prof. Fish wrote:

we are still waiting for tiroth. and AQ. no worries tho everyone comes back at some point
      Where is Old Beane, anyway? I think he was the one who came up with the "they always come back" thing?

Prof. Fish wrote:

wait we can swear now? fuck yeah

we're also missing jodd and pani. and powershot. and xeno. i dunno i'm just rambling names hoping there's some sort of beetlejuice effect that will summon them.

then we can argue which zelda game is best again. that's why we're here after all
      Panique posted earlier, I think. I haven't seen the others.
      Yep, Old Beane coined the famous "They always come back" line.

The truest thing that's ever been said on this board.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mirren ().

• Mirren wrote:

I've done some searches for him in the past, but I was never able to find anything, sadly. Pip was a very private guy, so I never really had too many details to work with. I'd give anything for him to critique my writing, nowadays.

Sigh, I adored and still adore @pipking. Aside from helping me (and goodness knows how many others) puzzle out how that dang 'writing' stuff works, he was definitely my (and quite a few others') best Gay and Proud Adult Role Model. He was a major grounding force in my life when I was but a wee IRL-closeted queerling who was surrounded daily by some serious anti-LGBT bullshit. I don't have enough words for how much of a reassuring presence pip was around here back in the day, and for me personally as well. I owe him a massive debt of gratitude, and, unfortunately, I doubt it's something that I'll ever be able to properly repay.

And eh, it's not entirely true. I can think of plenty who haven't come back for *quite* some time, but there's definitely a good percentage of oldbies who will likely always pop in and out when properly summoned. Over time, though, the number of people that visit has definitely gone down. But, considering that we're talking about almost 20 years of activity around here, and even more in the community as a whole... the phrase is close enough to true, haha. I really doubt any of us knew this many of us would be flopping back around this place, shooting the shit, and talking about how we've literally been registered on a video game forum for more than half of our lives. So, kudos to ZU there. :mastahsword:

Also, @>:3 (uh, whoever you are? Sorry, I literally have no clue who you are with all these name changes and I most likely should know your name... x.X), I promise you, that for every time your kid *doesn't* swear, my kid will drop like 3 f-bombs with pure grace and style. :cookiemonster:
    • ZU has had a long history of being super gay. I remember all of those "what's your sexual orientation?" threads that popped up every so often. It had been years since ZU last had a real queer thread in general chit chat until I made that Visibility/Chat thread. ZU has always totes been very queer.

@Fluttershy and @Gaba really introduced me to what it is to be trans. Granted, I was always basically intersex, even though I didn't know it, but they helped make me see the light lol
    • andi wrote:

Mirren wrote:

Sigh, I adored and still adore @pipking. Aside from helping me (and goodness knows how many others) puzzle out how that dang 'writing' stuff works, he was definitely my (and quite a few others') best Gay and Proud Adult Role Model. He was a major grounding force in my life when I was but a wee IRL-closeted queerling who was surrounded daily by some serious anti-LGBT bullshit. I don't have enough words for how much of a reassuring presence pip was around here back in the day, and for me personally as well. I owe him a massive debt of gratitude, and, unfortunately, I doubt it's something that I'll ever be able to properly repay.
      Yeah, we can sit here and laud him for his knowledge on writing until the cows come home, but that contribution is insignificant when placed against the support that he gave to LGBT members here, and the pride that he, clearly, helped many of them find in their sexual orientation.
    • andi wrote:

(uh, whoever you are? Sorry, I literally have no clue who you are with all these name changes and I most likely should know your name... x.X)
      They've had... quite a few usernames over the years, with a lot of variation between them. I'm not sure if it's more or less names than Stony, but I also don't think they were particularly active during their first few years of membership here, so you might not even know them even if you knew all of their past names.
    • ZU, *queer*, you say? Baby, don't I know it. I think I was the first person around here who actually ever made mention of my sexuality and gender - quiet loudly and quiet often in 2002, hahahaha - and I got a lot of shit from some people for it back then. Over time, though, I ended up with a whole gaggle of queerbies who started asking me questions or coming out to me. But when people would ask me about how to actually put their identities into practice in real life, I was *fucking worthless* - I would have literally lost all of my IRL support systems and would have had to deal with *way* more abuse than usual if I had come out at that time, so I was stuck firmly in the closet. Pip was the *first* one around here who didn't just acknowledge his non-het sexuality, but also *lived* it day-in and day-out. I know plenty of kids who flocked to him, and he mentored the hell out of a ton of super-famous queer/questioning oldbies who learned the tools they needed to be out and proud from him. Those kids all kept the queer-lovely atmosphere here alive and kicking long after pip himself left, and after that most attempts to try and make the place ______-phobic were shut down *much more easily*. You can't talk about a proper history of ZU queerness without talking about pip, and aside from that, he was just an all-around *really good guy*. And still, on top of that, a *hell* of a fantastic writer. I don't mean to diminish that shit, @Mirren, but man, pip was an all-around delightful and incredibly intelligent human being. I could make this same sort of rant about pip and his effect on ZU's creative writing threads and debate forums, and put just as much into it.

I've had a lot of conversations with people over the years about why the Zelda community ended up with so many queer people and why, over time, tons of oldbies have come back around to me and others and been like "surprise, I'm *insert identity plot twist here*!" I promise you, you three are just some of the proud awesome trans people this place has had the pleasure of hosting over the years, even if some haven't been so open about it or if it took them an extra little while to figure it out. ;3 I'm so glad you all have found an awesome spot where you get to rock out right. <3 I do have to say, seeing a proper active trans community in this place warms the hell out of my cold, bitter heart.

AND THEN @Sabbo MENTIONED STONY
      OH GOD
      I HAD MANAGED TO FORGET ABOUT STONY
      I HAD FINALLY SEALED HER OFF FROM MY CONSCIOUSNESS, NEVER TO HAVE TO THINK OF HER AGAIN

AND YOU RUINED THAT, SABBO

*cries*

The post was edited 1 time, last by andi ().

• <p>I remember when ZU was just starting out, barely starting out with just a simple website. The forums was barely going, many bugs on the forums and site... Then gradually, it became into what it is today. And I'm proud of being apart of it, almost 2 decades later. And I hope to continue being around until either 1 of 3 things happen...</p><p><br></p><p>1. Legend of Zelda Series finally ends</p><p>2. Sudden Erase of the Human Race</p><p>3. The Internet finally shuts own for good</p>
      ~The Great Sage, ZeldaGuardian~
      Leader and Founder of The Seven Sages
      Webmaster and Creator of Guardian Sages

"Don't let my past mistakes... Effect your future judgement of me..." ~ZeldaGuardian
      "Time is Fate's true love. One cannot exist without the other. If it is Fate, then Time will tell when it's ready." ~ZeldaGuardian
      "This is where it all begins... In the Temple of Sages..." ~ZeldaGuardian