Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Zelda D&D Campaign Setting Document
    • Oh hey we have a D&D section now. Things can change a lot in... several years.

Posted this in the writing section before I realised that this place existed now. I apologise if I've broken any rules.

Wow, it has been... a while, hasn't it?

I've been DMing a Dungeons and Dragons campaign set in the Zelda universe, and it's been going pretty swimmingly. As part of the prep for this campaign I produced a setting document for my players, and I thought I'd share this with ZU, since somebody might get a kick out of it.

yumpu.com/document/view/59195535/dragonsong

Hyrule is a largely benevolent theocratic feudal kingdom constantly beset by various woes. The king is about to transition power to his daughter, putting the realm in a state of worry over its future. Beset on all sides by the gerudo Shahdom, goblin tribes, ambitious new kingdoms and the everpresent threat of another arcane invasion, the stage is hopefully set for all manner of adventures.

The setting sticks as closely to canon as it can, taking place around fifty years after Four Swords Adventures (in the child timeline) and one hundred years after Twilight Princess. Prominent elements also come from Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, and a surprisingly large amount from various CDi games. Of course it is absolutely filled with headcanon to paper over the many cracks, but outright contradictions with canon are hopefully few and far between.

The campaign has been about dealing with the machinations of Twinrova, particularly how they relate to an ancient reptilian pseudo-deity named Sekorah. The characters are a kokiri sorceress, a sheikah paladin, a gerudo alchemist and a moblin ranger. Running it has been pretty swell.

Although I enjoyed writing this I am no artist, and many of the images in the document are from other sources, most notably Hyrule Total War (which has very nicely detailed art for lots of purposes), and I make no claim to them. Anyone can feel free to use the text in the document for whatever purposes they may choose.

Edit: It's come to my attention that there's a mistake in the Arcadia bit. Oops. Will feex.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Blak ().

• Mostly names, because there are only so many available in the canon stuff. Gamelon and Koridai as foreign countries (along with Arcadia and Calatia from the cartoon) both made it in, as did Tolemac as a duchy of Hyrule. The current dragon god (the same line as Volvagia and, in another timeline, Valoo) is Warbane, who is a boss in one of the games although I forget which one.

There's probably a lot more I've forgotten.
    • How doesn't this have more responses? This is really stellar work, Blak! I myself have been wanting to write a campaign setting for Hyrule, but in general feel really uninspired and way too afraid to add my own bits of lore for fear of "tainting the timeline" and all that jazz, haha.

So what's with that whole bit about Hyrule's war with Ganondorf in the Child Timeline? The whole section where the Hero of Time becomes a bad omen and all. I think it's a really cool concept, but could you elaborate more on why you made that choice or where the inspiration came from?
    • This is really interesting but I do have a few questions.

Did Judaism make it in as the common man's religion in Hyurle? Why is the goddess of the sands missing?

Is the Hero of Light an allusion to the BS Zelda games?

Racial Rules

Humans

Ability Score Adjustments: Two different ability scores of your choice increase by 1.
      Size: Humans are utterly conventional. They are around five and a half feet tall, and weigh around one hundred and thirty pounds. Your size is medium.
      Speed: Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
      Practical Skills: You may select an additional feat at character creation.
      Languages: You can speak Hyrulian.

Hylians

Ability Scores Adjustments: every one of your ability scores increased by 1, except for two of your choice which increase by 2.
      Size: Hylians are comparable to humans of slender but tall build. They tend to be around six feet tall, and weight around 115 pounds. They have less sexual dimorphism than true humans and tend towards mild androgyny. Your size is medium.
      Speed: You’re base walking speed is 30 feet.
      Chosen of the Goddesses: You can cast one clerical cantrip in addition to any spells you may otherwise know. Wisdom is your casting ability for this cantrip.
      Languages: You can speak Hyrulian and one other language of your choice.

Given the humans the variant rule makes some degree of sense but for the Hylians this might be too much stuff. I mean they have the standard PHB humans rules + two extra ability score increase + a clerical cantrip. I'm not even sure how much sense that last one makes given that innate magic isn't something we generally see in the standard population of Hyrule. Maybe something like "advantage when dealing directly with celestial" would be better given that their pointed ears are supposed to enable them to deal with the gods.

Sheikah

Ability Score Adjustments: Your Dexterity score increases by 2 and your Intelligence increase by 1.
      Size: Except for their blood-red irises, there is no physical difference between a Sheikah and a hylian. Your size is medium.
      Speed: Your base walking speed is 40 feet.
      Shadow dweller: Sheikah automatically have proficiency in blowguns, darts, hand and light crossbows, and daggers. They also have proficiency in the Dexterity (Stealth) and Dexterity (sleight of hand) skills.
      Darkvision: You can see in dim light as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern colour in darkness, only shades of grey.
      Devilproofed: You cannot be charmed or mentally dominated in any way. You have advantage on rolls to discern illusions of all types.
      Languages: You can speak Hyrulian and any two other languages, as well as the secret sheikah language of Serpentine.

I'm not sure how old these rules are but the red eyes while a distinguishing Sheikah racial trait aren't consistent through the population. BotW has a number of sheikah with brown eyes.

Gerudo

Ability Score Adjustments: Your Dexterity ability score increases by 2 and your Charisma increase by 1.
      Size: Gerudo have extremely similar physiologies to Hylians, but have much more pronounced gender characteristics, similar to those of humans. They can only be female barring special circumstances. Your size is medium.
      Desert Dweller: Gerudo have advantage on all Intellegence (Survival) checks involving deserts or arid terrain. They automatically have proficiency in the animal handling skill.
      Cursed to one: You cannot be charmed or mentally dominated in any way. You have advantage on rolls to discern illusions of all types.
      Languages: You can speak Takalmma and one other language of your choice.
      Choose a caste:
      • Warrior: You have proficiency in light armour, all bows, slings, daggers, glaives, and the scimitar.
      • Priest: You have proficiency in the Intelligence (religion) skill. You can cast one clerical cantrip in addition to any spells you may otherwise know. Wisdom is your casting ability for this cantrip.

Why immunity to domination magic? In the only instance we see of a Gerudo attacked with mind control magic it was so effective that she remained under sway for seven years.

Cursed to One, has the exact same wording as the Devilproofed racial trait of the Sheikah. For consistency's sake given them the same name might not be the worst idea.

Hegrud

Ability Score Adjustments: Your Charisma ability score increases by 2 and any other two scores increase by 1.
      Size: Hegrud are physically almost identical to gerudo, only paler. They can be male. Your size is Medium.
      Lingering curse: You have advantage on any saving throws against being charmed or otherwise mind controlled.
      Relics of choice: You can cast one clerical cantrip in addition to any spells you may otherwise know. Wisdom is your casting ability for this cantrip.
      Languages: You can speak both Takalmma and Hyrulian.

Half breed Gerudo? How does that work? Gerudo by nature have to reproduce with other races so there wouldn't be any pure blood Gerudo. Except I suppose the few children of the rare male Gerudo. But then he himself would be a half breed given his father would be from another tribe so they wouldn't be pure blood anyways.

Gorons

Ability Score Adjustments: Your Constitution score increases by 2.
      Speed: Your base walking speed is 20 feet.
      Damage Immunities: You are immune to poison and necrotic damage.
      Damage Vulnerabilities: You are vulnerable to thunder and acid damage.
      Fireborn or Iceborn: You are immune to either fire or ice based damage, but vulnerable to the damage type you did not select for immunity.
      Stone Skin: You count as a construct for the purposes of calculating damage, do not need to breathe, and sink in water.
      Stone Eyes: You have blindsight to a range of thirty feet, and tremorsense to within sixty feet, but cannot otherwise see. You cannot distinguish colour or shades in any way, and as a result cannot discern ink on parchment or similar. You can see heat sources, the reflection of heat, and via echolocation.
      Alien: You have advantage on all charisma (Bluff) rolls and disadvantage on all Charisma (Persuasion) rolls when dealing with people unfamiliar with Gorons.
      Pick a subrace from the list below:
      Subraces
      • Brother
        • Ability Score Adjustments: Your Strength score increases by 1.
        • Size: Brother gorons are rotund humaniods of varying heights, made of igneous stone with silcon circuitry providing their nervous system. They can be anywhere between five and seven feet tall, and weigh between 450 to 700 pounds. Your size is medium.
        • Custom Plate: You can only wear armour made for gorons which costs half again as much as normal armour.
        • Clumsy: You have disadvantage on all Dexterity (Stealth) and initiative rolls, as well as all dexterity saving throws.
      • Father
        • Ability Score Adjustments: Your Strength score increases by 2.
        • Size: Father Gorons are extremely tall and wide, but are otherwise similar to Brother Gorons. They are between ten and fourteen feet tall, and can weight up to 3000 pounds. Your size is large.
        • Custom Plate: You can only wear armour made for gorons which costs half again as much as normal armour.
        • Oaf: You automatically fail all Dexterity (Stealth) checks and go last in the initiative order. You cannot use your dexterity bonus to ncrease you AC. You automatically fail all Dexterity saving throws.
        • Massive: Your health is increased as f you had the toughness feat. This does not prevent you from taking the feat.

A couple things about this strike me as odd.

Immunity to necrotic damage? I know they're rock people but even constructs don't get immunity to that and they are arguably less organic than gorons.

Iceborn? I don't recall elemental variants of Goron anywhere. Could you explain where that comes from? Ice pretty much decimated the Gorons in MM.

Don't need to breathe? I'll grant you gorons sink in water but in MM when Goron Links submerges in water it's pretty heavily implied that he passes out from it.

Where did you get the idea that gorons are blind and use other senses to compensate? They have giant anime eyes.

The brother subrace seems badly balanced. It has all the disadvantaged of the father subrace mitigated slightly but not the bonuses to HP that would make it a desirable choice. Especially considering there's very little a 3000 pound PC would be prevented from doing that wouldn't also inhibit a 700 pound NPC so even the weight doesn't make a huge difference between them.

Zora

Ability Score Adjustments: You Wisdom score increase by 2, and your Charisma score increases by 1.
      Size: Zora are slender and elegant creatures, but not especially tall. They tend to be between four and a half and five and a half feet, and weight around one hundred pounds. Your size is medium.
      Subaquatic: You can breathe underwater, and have a swim speed equal to double your walking speed. You also have proficiency on all Wisdom (Survival) rolls involving water.
      Damage resistances: You are immune to ice damage, and can be frozen alive without suffering in any way. You are also resistance to lightening damage.
      Damage vulnerabilities: You are vulnerable to fire damage and poison damage.
      Alien:
      Electroshock: You can attempt to discharge your bioelectric pouches at any time as an attack, as if it were a weapon you had equipped. Every creature within melee range must make a DC 10+ (your DEX modifier) dexterity check or take d8 lightning damage, increasing to d8 at level 6, d10 at level 10 and d 12 at level 14. Underwater this counts as a reach weapon.
      Languages: You can speak Hyrulian and Piscian
      Dry Drowning: Every eight hours zoras go without drinking a significant quantity of water, they accrue a level of fatigue. Their fatigue does not reset until they can immerse themselves in water.

Ice damage immunity? I was kind of under the impression that the Zora's in Zora's Domain died from the freezing and King Zora only survived due to the strange nature of Red Ice. Even if that's wrong though in TP Link takes double damage from ice when wearing the Zora Armour implying that they are incredibly susceptible to that kind of damage. I don't know where poison vulnerability comes from. There's no reason why Zora's should be more vulnerable than an average person.

Zola (River Zora)

Ability Score Adjustments: You Wisdom score increase by 2, and your Charisma score increases by 1.
      Size: Zola are large muscular, brutish creatures, closer perhaps to a crocodle than a fish. They are around six to eight feet tall, and weigh around three hundred pounds. Your size is medium.
      Subaquatic: You can breathe underwater, and have a swim speed equal to double your walking speed. You also have proficiency on all Wisdom (Survival) rolls involving water.
      Damage resistances: You are immune to ice damage, and can be frozen alive without suffering in any way. You are also resistance to lightening damage.
      Alien: Alien:[/b] You have advantage on all Charisma (Bluff) rolls and disadvantage on all Charisma (Persuasion) rolls when dealing with people unfamiliar with Zoras.
      Fire breath: You can shoot small fireballs from your mouth through use of your flammable bile. You are always equipped with the following weapon.
      Fire breath: 1d6 fire, finesse, thrown, (range 20/60)
      Feral: You cannot read. However you gain access to the ranger class feature Natural Explorer. You cannot pick additional favoured terrain unless you would be granted it by a source other than Feral. You have proficiency in all survival checks in your favoured terrain, as well as proficiency with all social rolls with animals native to your favoured terrain. If you would have Natural Explorer from another source as well, you may pick an additional favoured terrain.
      Languages: You can speak Zola, and Hyrulian if you wish.

Wouldn't it make more sense to make Sea and River subraces of Zora? I mean half their sheet looks identical anyways.

Kokiri

Ability Score Adjustments: Your Dexterity score increases by 1.
      Size: Forester Kokiri appear to be Hylian children. Almost. There’s always a little error, usually their eyes. Lost One Kokiri on the other hand look to be made of wood, twisting vines emulating the size and shapes of a child. They don’t blink enough. Your size is small.
      Speed: Your base walking speed is 25 feet.
      Damage vulnerabilities: You are vulnerable to fire damage.
      Nimbleness: You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size or more larger than yours.
      Blessed: When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll.
      Forest folk: You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist or other natural phenomena. You have a bonus equal to your proficiency bonus in all survival checks in woods, forests and jungles.
      Languages: You can speak the Fae Tongue, Boka, and Hyrulian.
      Choose one of the following subraces:
      • Forester:
        • Ability Score Increases:[/b] Your Charisma score increases by 1.
        • Fae: You are permanently accompanied by a sprite, as per the monster manual entry. The sprite’s personality and history are entirely up to the player of the Kokiri, and the pair are bonded for life. The kokiri player controls the sprite’s actions as a second character. At level four this sprite switches its profile for any CR 1 faerie dragon, and at level 8 it switches its profile for that of any CR 2 faerie dragon. At level 16 the profile switches to that of a flame skull. The appearance and personality of the companion does not change as a result of its profile changes.
      • Lost One:
        • Ability Score Increases: Your Constitution score increases by 1.
        • Undead Fortitude: If damage reduces you to 0 hit points, you must make a Constitution saving throw with a DC of 5+ (the damage taken divided by your level), unless the damage is radiant, fire or from a critical hit. On a success, you drop to 1 hit point instead.

Wouldn't it make more sense to separate the Lost One and Forester Kokiri into distinct races and transition the Lost Ones into Skull Kids? They're halfway there already.

Scrubs

Ability Score Adjustments: Your Constitution score increase by 1.
      Size: Deku scrubs are small, plant-based creatures, with skin of bark and hair of leaves. Luckily they don’t look human enough to scare people like Lost Ones do. They must rely on their violent tendencies for that… They tend to be around two or three feet tall, and weigh around sixty pounds. Your size is small.
      Nimbleness, You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
      Forest folk: You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena. You have a bonus equal to your proficiency bonus in all survival checks in woods, forests and jungles.
      Expectorate: You can shoot large seeds from your mouth through use of rapid expansion of air pockets. You are always equipped with the following weapon.
      Expectorate: 1D6 bludgeoning, finesse, thrown (range 30/90)
      Photosynthesize: You count short rests as long rests as long rests, as long you have access to a supply of water, soil, and sunlight. However if you do not have access to these things you cannot gain the benefits of a long rest, with the exception of reducing your fatigue as normal.
      Feral: You cannot read. However you gain access to the ranger class feature Natural Explorer. You cannot pick additional favoured terrain unless you would be granted it by a source other than Feral. You have proficiency in all survival checks in your favoured terrain, as well as proficiency with all social rolls with animals native to your favoured terrain. If you would have Natural Explorer from another source as well, you may pick an additional favoured terrain.
      Languages: You can speak Boko, and one other language of your choice.
      • Deku
        • Ability Score Adjustments: Your Dexterity increase by 1, and your charisma increases by 1.
        • Planted: You can at-will spend an entire action to plant yourself. Whilst planted you cannot use your move action, but can re-roll any check to avoid compulsory movement and cannot be knocked prone. You have disadvantage on any dexterity saves while planted. You can also use your expectorate weapon twice per attack whilst planted. You can end your planted state at any time as a bonus action.
      • Business
        • Ability Score Adjustments: Your Wisdom increase by 1, and your charisma increase by 1.
        • Born to buy: Business scrubs receive half again as much starting gold as they otherwise would, calculated after summing all starting gold from all sources. From level 2 all purchases in settlements well known to them costs only half as much as they normally would.
        • Lingua Franca: You can choose two additional languages and can read.
      • Mad
        • Ability Score Adjustments: Your Strength increase by 1.
        • Ferocious: Mad scrubs can rage as a barbarian, getting one rage per long rest. If a mad scrub has levels in the barbarian class then they instead have one more rage than is listed on their class features.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.

The post was edited 8 times, last by TriforceHolder ().

• Oh hey, some other people replied. Don't think this counts as necro by the normal rules of the creative sections of the site, apologies if it does.

Chateau LonLon wrote:

How doesn't this have more responses? This is really stellar work, Blak! I myself have been wanting to write a campaign setting for Hyrule, but in general feel really uninspired and way too afraid to add my own bits of lore for fear of "tainting the timeline" and all that jazz, haha.

So what's with that whole bit about Hyrule's war with Ganondorf in the Child Timeline? The whole section where the Hero of Time becomes a bad omen and all. I think it's a really cool concept, but could you elaborate more on why you made that choice or where the inspiration came from?
      The Nihil war and the failure of the Hero of Time came from the idea that the Hero's Shade is forgotten in Twilight Princess- Link averted Ocarina of Time somehow, but went on to be forgotten and buried in a largely unmarked grave in the castle grounds. I decided that meant that while he succeeded in stopping Ganondorf he must have done so in a way that was pretty disastrous, hence the Nihil war. It was better than the alternative but still pretty terrible, and since nobody in the timeline actually knows about the alternative people don't like him.

Answers to the second post are in bold italics in the quote.

TriforceHolder wrote:

This is really interesting but I do have a few questions.

Did Judaism make it in as the common man's religion in Hyurle? Why is the goddess of the sands missing?

Jovianism was added because I wanted a second minority religion which wasn't disliked in-universe. There's a semi-obscure piece of promo art of Link praying before a cross, I think for Zelda 2, which I extrapolated.

The Goddess is a gerudo-only deity and I had limited space.

Is the Hero of Light an allusion to the BS Zelda games?

Nnno, he's the hero of FSA. Fair question, though.

Racial Rules

Humans

Ability Score Adjustments: Two different ability scores of your choice increase by 1.
      Size: Humans are utterly conventional. They are around five and a half feet tall, and weigh around one hundred and thirty pounds. Your size is medium.
      Speed: Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
      Practical Skills: You may select an additional feat at character creation.
      Languages: You can speak Hyrulian.

Hylians

Ability Scores Adjustments: every one of your ability scores increased by 1, except for two of your choice which increase by 2.
      Size: Hylians are comparable to humans of slender but tall build. They tend to be around six feet tall, and weight around 115 pounds. They have less sexual dimorphism than true humans and tend towards mild androgyny. Your size is medium.
      Chosen of the Goddesses: You can cast one clerical cantrip in addition to any spells you may otherwise know. Wisdom is your casting ability for this cantrip.
      Languages: You can speak Hyrulian and one other language of your choice.

Given the humans the variant rule makes some degree of sense but for the Hylians this might be too much stuff. I mean they have the standard PHB humans rules + two extra ability score increase + a clerical cantrip. I'm not even sure how much sense that last one makes given that innate magic isn't something we generally see in the standard population of Hyrule. Maybe something like "advantage when dealing directly with celestial" would be better given that their pointed ears are supposed to enable them to deal with the gods.

The races are all much stronger than the PHB races, partly to try and bring them in line with the gorons. You have a point about the cantrip, but racial features are for PCs only (most humans in normal campaigns don't get to take a feat, or we'd be up to our ears in magic initiate peasants).

Sheikah

Ability Score Adjustments: Your Dexterity score increases by 2 and your Intelligence increase by 1.
      Size: Except for their blood-red irises, there is no physical difference between a Sheikah and a hylian. Your size is medium.
      Shadow dweller: Sheikah automatically have proficiency in blowguns, darts, hand and light crossbows, and daggers. They also have proficiency in the Dexterity (Stealth) and Dexterity (sleight of hand) skills.
      Darkvision: You can see in dim light as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern colour in darkness, only shades of grey.
      Devilproofed: You cannot be charmed or mentally dominated in any way. You have advantage on rolls to discern illusions of all types.
      Languages: You can speak Hyrulian and any two other languages, as well as the secret sheikah language of Serpentine.

I'm not sure how old these rules are but the red eyes while a distinguishing Sheikah racial trait aren't consistent through the population. BotW has a number of sheikah with brown eyes.

Every other game shows them like that, and I can't think of anything to unify them other than the eyes. By this canon the BotW sheikah wouldn't be real sheikah, I suppose.

Gerudo

Ability Score Adjustments: Your Dexterity ability score increases by 2 and your Charisma increase by 1.
      Size: Gerudo have extremely similar physiologies to Hylians, but have much more pronounced gender characteristics, similar to those of humans. They can only be female barring special circumstances. Your size is medium.
      Desert Dweller: Gerudo have advantage on all Intellegence (Survival) checks involving deserts or arid terrain. They automatically have proficiency in the animal handling skill.
      Cursed to one: You cannot be charmed or mentally dominated in any way. You have advantage on rolls to discern illusions of all types.
      Languages: You can speak Takalmma and one other language of your choice.
      Choose a caste:
      • Warrior: You have proficiency in light armour, all bows, slings, daggers, glaives, and the scimitar.
      • Priest: You have proficiency in the Intelligence (religion) skill. You can cast one clerical cantrip in addition to any spells you may otherwise know. Wisdom is your casting ability for this cantrip.

Why immunity to domination magic? In the only instance we see of a Gerudo attacked with mind control magic it was so effective that she remained under sway for seven years.

Good point. I could probably quibble that the Twinrova can cheat this for various in-universe reasons, but you're right.

Cursed to One, has the exact same wording as the Devilproofed racial trait of the Sheikah. For consistency's sake given them the same name might not be the worst idea.

Hegrud

Ability Score Adjustments: Your Charisma ability score increases by 2 and any other two scores increase by 1.
      Size: Hegrud are physically almost identical to gerudo, only paler. They can be male. Your size is Medium.
      Lingering curse: You have advantage on any saving throws against being charmed or otherwise mind controlled.
      Relics of choice: You can cast one clerical cantrip in addition to any spells you may otherwise know. Wisdom is your casting ability for this cantrip.
      Languages: You can speak both Takalmma and Hyrulian.

Half breed Gerudo? How does that work? Gerudo by nature have to reproduce with other races so there wouldn't be any pure blood Gerudo. Except I suppose the few children of the rare male Gerudo. But then he himself would be a half breed given his father would be from another tribe so they wouldn't be pure blood anyways.

Gerudo are considered "pure" if they're daughters, granddaughters or great-granddaughters of the Shah. Beyond this they're hegrud. The Shah effectively "refreshes" the curse and the bloodline in his children. He usually has a lot of daughters.

Gorons

Ability Score Adjustments: Your Constitution score increases by 2.
      Speed: Your base walking speed is 20 feet.
      Damage Immunities: You are immune to poison and necrotic damage.
      Damage Vulnerabilities: You are vulnerable to thunder and acid damage.
      Fireborn or Iceborn: You are immune to either fire or ice based damage, but vulnerable to the damage type you did not select for immunity.
      Stone Skin: You count as a construct for the purposes of calculating damage, do not need to breathe, and sink in water.
      Stone Eyes: You have blindsight to a range of thirty feet, and tremorsense to within sixty feet, but cannot otherwise see. You cannot distinguish colour or shades in any way, and as a result cannot discern ink on parchment or similar. You can see heat sources, the reflection of heat, and via echolocation.
      Alien: You have advantage on all charisma (Bluff) rolls and disadvantage on all Charisma (Persuasion) rolls when dealing with people unfamiliar with Gorons.
      Pick a subrace from the list below:
      Subraces
      • Brother
        • Ability Score Adjustments: Your Strength score increases by 1.
        • Size: Brother gorons are rotund humaniods of varying heights, made of igneous stone with silcon circuitry providing their nervous system. They can be anywhere between five and seven feet tall, and weigh between 450 to 700 pounds. Your size is medium.
        • Clumsy: You have disadvantage on all Dexterity (Stealth) and initiative rolls, as well as all dexterity saving throws.
      • Father
        • Ability Score Adjustments: Your Strength score increases by 2.
        • Size: Father Gorons are extremely tall and wide, but are otherwise similar to Brother Gorons. They are between ten and fourteen feet tall, and can weight up to 3000 pounds. Your size is large.
        • Oaf: You automatically fail all Dexterity (Stealth) checks and go last in the initiative order. You cannot use your dexterity bonus to ncrease you AC. You automatically fail all Dexterity saving throws.
        • Massive: Your health is increased as f you had the toughness feat. This does not prevent you from taking the feat.

A couple things about this strike me as odd.

Immunity to necrotic damage? I know they're rock people but even constructs don't get immunity to that and they are arguably less organic than gorons.

True, that's something I changed after this.

Iceborn? I don't recall elemental variants of Goron anywhere. Could you explain where that comes from? Ice pretty much decimated the Gorons in MM.

Don't need to breathe? I'll grant you gorons sink in water but in MM when Goron Links submerges in water it's pretty heavily implied that he passes out from it.

Gorons in various games spend indefinite amounts of time submerged. TP for example, the guy in the big shard in the Domain.

Where did you get the idea that gorons are blind and use other senses to compensate? They have giant anime eyes.

Seemed cool, make them more different.

The brother subrace seems badly balanced. It has all the disadvantaged of the father subrace mitigated slightly but not the bonuses to HP that would make it a desirable choice. Especially considering there's very little a 3000 pound PC would be prevented from doing that wouldn't also inhibit a 700 pound NPC so even the weight doesn't make a huge difference between them.

Main issue is meant to be the Dex stuff, but yeah they probably need balancing.

Zora

Size: Zora are slender and elegant creatures, but not especially tall. They tend to be between four and a half and five and a half feet, and weight around one hundred pounds. Your size is medium.
      Alien:
      Electroshock: You can attempt to discharge your bioelectric pouches at any time as an attack, as if it were a weapon you had equipped. Every creature within melee range must make a DC 10+ (your DEX modifier) dexterity check or take d8 lightning damage, increasing to d8 at level 6, d10 at level 10 and d 12 at level 14. Underwater this counts as a reach weapon.
      Languages: You can speak Hyrulian and Piscian
      Dry Drowning: Every eight hours zoras go without drinking a significant quantity of water, they accrue a level of fatigue. Their fatigue does not reset until they can immerse themselves in water.

Ice damage immunity? I was kind of under the impression that the Zora's in Zora's Domain died from the freezing and King Zora only survived due to the strange nature of Red Ice. Even if that's wrong though in TP Link takes double damage from ice when wearing the Zora Armour implying that they are incredibly susceptible to that kind of damage. I don't know where poison vulnerability comes from. There's no reason why Zora's should be more vulnerable than an average person.

Zora spend an indefinite period of time frozen in both TP and OoT, being unfrozen and completely fine in both cases. They don't all die. I agree the armour goes against that but it's an inconsistency in the games themselves.

Poison is about a vulnerablity to pollution and corruption which I think happens in the games although I can't recall exactly when. Either way it seemed fun and sensible (fish tend to be more vulnerable to waterborne poisons than mammals are to airborn ones) and I thought might help to counter some of their buffs.

Zola (River Zora)

Size: Zola are large muscular, brutish creatures, closer perhaps to a crocodle than a fish. They are around six to eight feet tall, and weigh around three hundred pounds. Your size is medium.
      Alien: Alien:[/b] You have advantage on all Charisma (Bluff) rolls and disadvantage on all Charisma (Persuasion) rolls when dealing with people unfamiliar with Zoras.
      Fire breath: You can shoot small fireballs from your mouth through use of your flammable bile. You are always equipped with the following weapon.
      Fire breath: 1d6 fire, finesse, thrown, (range 20/60)
      Languages: You can speak Zola, and Hyrulian if you wish.

Wouldn't it make more sense to make Sea and River subraces of Zora? I mean half their sheet looks identical anyways.

Yes, probably.

Kokiri

Ability Score Adjustments: Your Dexterity score increases by 1.
      Size: Forester Kokiri appear to be Hylian children. Almost. There’s always a little error, usually their eyes. Lost One Kokiri on the other hand look to be made of wood, twisting vines emulating the size and shapes of a child. They don’t blink enough. Your size is small.
      Nimbleness: You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size or more larger than yours.
      Blessed: When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll.
      Forest folk: You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist or other natural phenomena. You have a bonus equal to your proficiency bonus in all survival checks in woods, forests and jungles.
      Languages: You can speak the Fae Tongue, Boka, and Hyrulian.
      • Forester:
        • Ability Score Increases:[/b] Your Charisma score increases by 1.
        • Fae: You are permanently accompanied by a sprite, as per the monster manual entry. The sprite’s personality and history are entirely up to the player of the Kokiri, and the pair are bonded for life. The kokiri player controls the sprite’s actions as a second character. At level four this sprite switches its profile for any CR 1 faerie dragon, and at level 8 it switches its profile for that of any CR 2 faerie dragon. At level 16 the profile switches to that of a flame skull. The appearance and personality of the companion does not change as a result of its profile changes.
      • Lost One:
        • Ability Score Increases: Your Constitution score increases by 1.
        • Undead Fortitude: If damage reduces you to 0 hit points, you must make a Constitution saving throw with a DC of 5+ (the damage taken divided by your level), unless the damage is radiant, fire or from a critical hit. On a success, you drop to 1 hit point instead.

Wouldn't it make more sense to separate the Lost One and Forester Kokiri into distinct races and transition the Lost Ones into Skull Kids? They're halfway there already.

Lost ones are exactly skull kids. I'm going with that they're essentially a type of kokiri, although the exact origin of the kokiri is not something anyone in-universe could explain to you.

One player ended up being a kokiri and her finding out what exactly she was ended up being a lot of fun. It's the sort of thing I feel would be up to the DM though- most of this stuff works best as a jumping off point for your own ideas, I think.
      I'm still making a better version of this because this campaign is still going (holy hell it's been a lot of fun, but so damn long). New ideas all the time so more stuff to put in... Yeah.