Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    What do you want to see from the next game's villain?
    • TriforceHolder wrote:

Wisdom and intelligence aren’t exactly the same thing. Intelligence is more akin to the resources at your disposal while wisdom is more like how you apply those resources.

I should also point out that in a large percentage of Zelda games Zelda doesn’t actually have the Triforce of Wisdom for pretty much of the time.
      I know the difference, why I wrote "wise" in my post which is self-evident. But being wise doesn't necessarily exclude intelligence either. I wrote that for the single purpose that Robotnik wouldn't necessarily get more intelligent just because of the Triforce of Wisdom. And yeah I know that he is supposed to be intelligent, but in my eyes he is rather stupid overall.

Even if she doesn't have the Triforce of Wisdom, she is still supposed to get it sooner or later. To me the Triforce parts seems rather redundant. Link is pretty much as brave/courageous before he gets Triforce of Courage as afterwards. The only Triforce-piece that seems to make some significant difference is Triforce of Power, even if Ganondorf seemed pretty strong before Link opened up the Door of Time and pulled up the Master Sword.

The post was edited 3 times, last by MVS ().

• That's the thing. I know Zelda is thought of as the defacto holder of the Triforce if Wisdom and Link as the Triforce of Courage but they don't actually get these in almost all the games.
      Let's break it down:
      - Legend of Zelda
      Zelda shattered the ToW so doesn't have it in this game.
      The ToC doesn't exist yet.

- Adventure of Link
      Zelda is cursed so can't make use of the ToW.
      Link doesn't receive the ToC till the conclusion so it has no bearing on his capabilities.

- Link to the Past
      Both the ToW and ToC are under Ganon's control until the epilogue.

- Link's Awakening
      The Triforce doesn't feature though canon material suggests it would be in a temple in Hyrule during this game.

- Ocarina of Time
      Link and Zelda actually do both receive their respective Triforce pieces.

- Majora's Mask
      As a sequel Link presumably still has the ToC though no in game material actual states this.

- Oracle of Ages
      Both the ToW and ToC are on pedestals in a Hylian temple.

- Oracle of Seasons
      Both the ToW and ToC are on pedestals in a Hylian temple.

- Four Swords
      I've never actually played this game but from what I understand the Triforce doesn't make an appearance.

- Wind Waker
      Both the ToC and ToW are fragmented and after reassembly are taken almost immediately before either Link or Zelda can make use of them.

- Four Swords Adventure
      The Triforce doesn't make an appearance.

- Minish Cap
      The Triforce doesn't make an appearance and the Light Force is by virtue of retcon the divine power of Zelda's bloodline.

- Twilight Princess
      Link and Zelda start this game with their respective Triforce pieces and seem to embody their traits pretty well.

- Phantom Hourglass
      As a sequel Link and Zelda presumably still have the ToC and ToW though no in game material actual states this.

- Spirit Tracks
      The Triforce doesn't make an appearance and the whatever energy Malldus required from Zelda is by virtue of retcon the divine power of her bloodline.

- Skyward Sword
      Though the Triforce appears at the end of the game no one ever claims an individual piece of it.

- A Link Between Worlds
      Both the ToC and ToW fall into enemy hands before either Link or Zelda can do anything approximating using them.

- Tri Force Heroes
      The Triforce doesn't make an appearance.

- Breath of the Wild
      The Triforce doesn't make an appearance unless you are very into speculation.

Out of all the Zelda games Link and Zelda only have their respective pieces in four of the games if you discount the ones were they claim them after defeating the final boss and two of those games are direct sequels so we're just assuming they still have them from the previous game. While I can't really quantify courage so can't speak to Link's behavour, Zelda does act significantly more strategically minded in the few games where she has the Triforce of Wisdom.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • I just meant: if you're going to make a 'smart instead of strong' villain, it would be weird if he/she went after the Triforce of Power.
      On the other hand, maybe it makes even more sense. Going for the thing that's lacking.
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • It would be interesting to see a big bad that makes a play for a certain Triforce piece then after obtaining it their MO changes completely as they gain an exponential boost in whatever trait they were missing.

Remind me, if you have an unbalanced heart when you touch the completed Triforce do you gain the piece whose attribute you possess the most of, or the one that you value the most.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • ^
      Do you get magical powers from glowing blue herion?
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

The post was edited 2 times, last by TriforceHolder ().

• Heroin will do that to you.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

• Kerest wrote:

pj777 wrote:

^
      Does this game also take place in a city at the bottom of the ocean?
      Would you kindly remember there were two villains in that game?

BackSet-Chan wrote:

We don't know what's really in that lon lon milk.
      A prototype of the Imperial Space Marine enhancement treatment. It explains a lot about Link.
      I'm not sure about Imperial but definitely Space Marine. After all, Doom Guy is Link.

Sig by TruEdge67, Glorious Newbie Overlord
    • Maybe I'm being corny, but I'd like the next villain to be a friend to Link, maybe a sibling? That would be some epic, hardcore conflict right there. Has anyone seen The Prince of Egypt? I want that, where you absolutely FEEL for both characters, even when one is clearly in the wrong. My favorite villains are always the ones I can relate to, which is why Ganondorf from WW is my favorite (I know they're the same but, yeah). I actually sympathized with him when he spoke about how hard his people suffered. And at the same time, I was like, "Well, they could have just mooooved."

The post was edited 3 times, last by Faye Away ().

• Faye Away wrote:

Maybe I'm being corny, but I'd like the next villain to be a friend to Link, maybe a sibling? That would be some epic, hardcore conflict right there. Has anyone seen The Prince of Egypt? I want that, where you absolutely FEEL for both characters, even when one is clearly in the wrong. My favorite villains are always the ones I can relate to, which is why Ganondorf from WW is my favorite (I know they're the same but, yeah). I actually sympathized with him when he spoke about how hard his people suffered. And at the same time, I was like, "Well, they could have just mooooved."
      I always assumed they couldn't because polotics.

Sig by TruEdge67, Glorious Newbie Overlord
    • I got the impression that the Gerudo got banished to the desert. The unique nature of their reproduction isn't sustainable so it seems logical to think that it was some form of curse. I always thought they were on the losing side of some conflict and the victors (probably the Hylians) cursed them and banished them to the desert. They were expected to die off but found ways to survive.

It's such a shame that we never really get anything more than a superficial look at Gerudo culture and history. They're really the most interesting and unique of the Zelda races.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

• I imagine that when Four Swords Adventures released, fans of Vaati got a good surprise to find out that he wasn't the final boss. But still, Vaati AND Ganon?! That's awesome! So heck yeah.

But...

What if Ganon is like Vaati in the next game? You defeat him, and surprise, a new villain appears, one stronger than Ganon.

How would you feel about that?

I would like the twist, but only if it's done right. Ganon LOVES making someone his puppet, to spread chaos and unseal him, but what if...

What if Ganon's puppet turned out to be some badass who, at the end of game, uses the Triforce while you battle Ganon, wishes for unimaginable power, and Link has to REALLY go all in to stop him?

Maybe even have Ganon finish the guy off?

That would be pretty cool, I think.
      :ghirahim: :cucco: :look: :tingle: :moon:

The post was edited 2 times, last by Guinea ().

• Oh. Crap. Sorry for posting in the Help and Feedback section. I thought it just vanished!

Here's my edit for the post above:

Edit- Actually, I can see it happening like this:

The puppet fights Link. Link kicks his butt, bad. He's down for the count. The Triforce is there, all shiny and mystical. Link and Ganon clash. The puppet makes his way to the Triforce, using the last of his energy to knock Zelda out of the way. He makes his wish.

A flash of light. Link and Ganon stop fighting each other, and they turn their attention to the puppet, who starts destroying everything.

Link and Ganon actually fight this dude together, and they win.

Ganon is spent, turns back into Ganondorf. Link is give out, but still raises his sword to fight. Ganondorf gasps, glares, laughs, and submits.

Epic.
      :ghirahim: :cucco: :look: :tingle: :moon:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Guinea ().