Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    What do you want to see from the next game's villain?
    • YO, what if they turned tingle into a villain because he never got a fairy, so he seeks out someone who can turn him evil. But instead of killing him, when you defeat him you show him all of the wonderful memories he has had(like none) without his the need of a fairy and he turns good but then his evil/dark power transforms into a demon that you have to kill.
    • Okay, weird idea, but what about a Tingle game themed around the Seven Deadly Sins? For those who don't know what they are:
      • Sloth - Being lazy and shirking responsibility in favor of leisure.
      • Greed - A desire to hoard money or other material possessions.
      • Gluttony - Excessive and wasteful consumption of goods such as food.
      • Wrath - Disproportionate or otherwise excessive anger.
      • Lust - Intense desire, usually for sex but can also apply to other forms of gratification.
      • Envy - Desiring to take someone else's good fortune for oneself.
      • Pride - Vanity, narcissism, and exaggerated confidence in one's own abilities.
      Each dungeon is themed around a particular sin, and the SDS can factor into the gameplay itself by exploring how each vice applies to Tingle. For example, his Greed manifests in his love of money, and his Gluttony could involve eating foods with various effects. If Tingle ever overindulges in a vice, he suffers consequences, like becoming fat from eating too much food, causing him to lose running agility until he works the excess off.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Miles ().

• gamtos wrote:

Yoo but what if Link's evil side comes out as well and you fight as HIM to defeat the Tingle demon.
      And Zelda's evil goth side helps you only to betray you because it turns out to be double-evil Ganondorf in disguise.

I'd certainly welcome the soundtrack, there hasn't been anything metal in the media in ages.
      "Zelda's evil goth side"

I am officially on board with this,

Miles wrote:

Okay, weird idea, but what about a Tingle game themed around the Seven Deadly Sins? For those who don't know what they are:
      • Sloth - Being lazy and shirking responsibility in favor of leisure.
      • Greed - A desire to hoard money or other material possessions.
      • Gluttony - Excessive and wasteful consumption of goods such as food.
      • Wrath - Disproportionate or otherwise excessive anger.
      • Lust - Intense desire, usually for sex but can also apply to other forms of gratification.
      • Envy - Desiring to take someone else's good fortune for oneself.
      • Pride - Vanity, narcissism, and exaggerated confidence in one's own abilities.
      Each dungeon is themed around a particular sin, and the SDS can factor into the gameplay itself by exploring how each vice applies to Tingle. For example, his Greed manifests in his love of money, and his Gluttony could involve eating foods with various effects. If Tingle ever overindulges in a vice, he suffers consequences, like becoming fat from eating too much food, causing him to lose running agility until he works the excess off.
      Is it bad that my first thought upon you mentioning the seven sins was Fullmetal Alchemist?

Sig by TruEdge67, Glorious Newbie Overlord
    • Didn’t we already have Zelda’s evil goth side who bretrays you for Ganon’s power in ALBW.
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.

Post by Guinea ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
    • How about a collection agency as a villain? The King finally orders that Link get billed for all the pots he's smashed and Link must travel across Hyrule cutting peoples grass in order to pay the damages but also avoid getting served his lawsuit papers.
      Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the ability to overcome it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MORPHRELINK ().

• "Don't make the same mistake as your green dinosaur fella. He isn't going to be in Smash Bros anytime soon."
      The Twilight Realm was basically wizard Australia where every naughty banished person was transformed into some sort of harmless albino penguins.
      ~ Gamtos

WW is Nintendo's Up, basically. Link is Russell, Tetra is Doug, and uh, I guess maybe Tingle is Kevin?

~ Gregarious Tree
    • Zelda Farm Simulator
      "The Oathkeeper's Dawn"

Game In Progress - It has been thirty years since the Dawn of the New Day when without a hero to rescue them champions of the people were forced to rise up and save themselves. Now, on the eve of the 130th Carnival of Time strange rumours circulate the land. Will your wits be enough to discover what has taken hold of the land?

Any help on this project would be appreciated. I want to make it in Solarus which means a 2D ALttP style. However if you don't want to provide technical help there are a range of pieces to work on. Sprites and artwork, music, level design or if you like simply brainstorming and suggesting alterations to the ideas I have currently compiled would be more than welcome.
    • Guinea wrote:

I don't want a villain in the next Zelda game! I want everyone to get along for once! Gah!

Okami Takahashi wrote:

There wouldn't really be much game then.
      Not that I am a fan of the idea, but what if there was no person, but just a curse/doomsday scenario? A bit like Majora's Mask but without a villain. Like a prophecy that was made several thousand years prior that the land would get destroyed or whatever. So it will be timed, but possibly longer than a three days cycle this time around... and the goal is to move all the people and other valuable stuff of different kinds to a new land.

Since we had a non-personality villain last (BotW) I would not be happy with this in the next game... but maybe in the future I don't know? As long as there are enough of action and bosses in general I would probably be fine with this. If executed "right" that is.