Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Navi is Dead
    • Hey, Hello, It's me, Nonoctoro, Theorist here.

Navi is Dead !

Yeah, as the title suggest it, Navi is dead ...

The begining

Deku Tree wrote:

Navi ... Navi where art thou ? come hither ... [...] it seems the time has come for the boy without a fairy to begin his Journey ... The youth whose destiny it is to lead Hyrule to the path of justice and truth ... Navi go find our friend and guide him to me... [...] Fly, Navi, Fly ! the fate of the Forest, nay, the world, depens upon thee [...] Navi the fairy... Help Link to carry out my will... I entreat thee... Navi.. Good bye...

Navi is a female Fairy who was under the orders of the Deku Tree, he chose her as Link's guidance during his prophetical Journey as the Hero of Time.

But why Navi specifically ? Is there is a reason why he chose her ?

Here's my through, because of her past !

Yes, Navi have a past, in a previous form, in a previous life ... as a Hylian.

The Hylian mother

Deku Tree Sprout wrote:

Some time ago, before the king of Hyrule unified this country, there was a fierce war. One day, to escape from the fires of the war, a Hylian mother and her baby boy entered this forbidden forest. The mother was gravely injured... Her only choice was to entrust the child to the Deku Tree, the guardian spirit of the forest. The Deku Tree could sense that this was a child of destiny whose fate would affect the entire world, so he took him into the forest. After the mother passed away, the baby was raised as a Kokiri. And now, finally, the day of destiny has come

A Hylian mother, the mother of Link, that one who died in the front of the Deku Tree with baby Link in her arms.

To the one who has protected the prophetic Hero from the fire of War, the Deku Tree had given her a second chance, helping her son during his Journey as a Fairy, then she reborn as Navi the Fairy.

The End

After the Hero of time completed his duty, she left him by a window in the Master Sword chamber, but why ?
      He will even search her during his personnal Journey in the Lost Woods.

The Deku Tree only had given her enough life Time for his Journey, so she left this world.
      Or...
      A telepatic call from Rauru, the window she left by is the same has Twilight Princess door to the secret part of the Temple of Time, the Temple of Light.
      She have another mission to accomplish, a secret one ...

Reunion

The Happy Mask Salesman wrote:

Shouldn't you be returning home as well ? Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... That is up to you.

Those words are directly adressed to Link. That he will see her again one day ...

So this is it, tell me your opinion on this. I would be glad if you've liked it. :yeppers:
    • This is very speculative; we don't know if humans can come back as fairies and as far as I know, nothing ever alludes to that. We do know humans can linger on in the form of regular spirits (Dampé, king Rhoam, the Champions), become Poes (the Composer Brothers) or become Ghinis (an Old Man in a linked Oracle of Seasons).

You also didn't explain what Navi's secret mission is supposed to be. Could you perhaps explain that for the sake of completion?
      Extended Child Timeline (ECT): SS > Era of Wars > OoT > MM >> TP >>> TMC >> FS backstory >> FS > FSA >> Seal War > LTTP > OoX > LA >> LBW >> Golden Era >> Zelda 1 > Zelda 2 >>> BotW
      AT: SS > Era of Wars > OoT >> Great Flood >> TWW > PH >> ST >>> TFH

:sparta:
    • If I remember ...
      The six Maidens in Four Swords Adventure can turn themself into fairies.
      And Link in Adventure of Link by the fairy spell.

Ymcan64 wrote:

You also didn't explain what Navi's secret mission is supposed to be. Could you perhaps explain that for the sake of completion?

I don't really know what it is, even Link don't.
      I should have said unknow mission.
      That's a supposition, why would Rauru need Navi for ?
    • Ok thanks for clearing the secret/unknown mission thing up. As for the Maidens in Four Swords Adventures, they can transform into fairies at will and back again with their sagely magic. The sages of Ocarina of Time do the same in the credits of that game. Link in Adventure of Link uses magic to turn himself into a fairy as well.

The common thread here is that magic users (shrine maidens, sages and Link) can use magic to transform themselves into fairies and back again at will. I do not feel that is comparable to your proposal, wherein a dead person is turned into a fairy. As I mentioned in my previous post, we have only seen turn dead people into spirits (be they regular spirits or malicious spirits, like Poes or Ghinis).
      Extended Child Timeline (ECT): SS > Era of Wars > OoT > MM >> TP >>> TMC >> FS backstory >> FS > FSA >> Seal War > LTTP > OoX > LA >> LBW >> Golden Era >> Zelda 1 > Zelda 2 >>> BotW
      AT: SS > Era of Wars > OoT >> Great Flood >> TWW > PH >> ST >>> TFH

:sparta: