Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Nintendo
    Super Smash Bros. Official Discussion Thread: EVERYONE IS HERE
    • Finished World of Light 100%. What a cool ass ending.
      Don't believe any rumors or guides that tell you you can't find your character in the adventure mode; all fighters are very much present.

Also, finished classic mode on 9.9 with Zelda. What's great about her is you can teleport behind the final boss with Farore's Wind, making it much easier to complete than awkwardly double-jump-airdodging with Link or roll spamming.
    • gamtos wrote:

Aw what? That sucks ass. That's just regular Smash Bros except you pick characters for a few matches in advance. Barf.
      I haven't tried it yet myself, but I had a similar conversation with someone else and they told me that there are settings for the mode that let you have a stock match wher each stock is a different character. It's more in line with what most of us want from the mode, I think.
    • Max N. wrote:

gamtos wrote:

Aw what? That sucks ass. That's just regular Smash Bros except you pick characters for a few matches in advance. Barf.
      I haven't tried it yet myself, but I had a similar conversation with someone else and they told me that there are settings for the mode that let you have a stock match wher each stock is a different character. It's more in line with what most of us want from the mode, I think.
      yes, that's correct. That mode is in.
    • gamtos wrote:

Canyarion wrote:

when you defeat your first opponent, the level reloads and the second opponent appears. And your health/damage gets reset.

Khao already touched on this:

Khao wrote:

Canyarion wrote:

Did anyone else expect Smash Strike to function differently?
      You both pick 3 or 5 different characters, which is a great idea.

Now it works like this: when you defeat your first opponent, the level reloads and the second opponent appears. And your health/damage gets reset.

I was assuming it would work like this: when you defeat your first opponent, you stay in the level, but the second opponent appears. He'll start at 0% damage, you keep the damage that you had.
      Pretty much a regular stock battle but with 3 or 5 different fighters.

With the current system, you're encouraged to start with your strongest fighter. Every time you win with him, you get to start all over again with the same fighter. I wonder if it wouldn't be more fun the other way!
      That's actually in the game! Check the rules, there's three different types of rulesets in Squad Strike. Elimination resets the battle, but lose the character if it dies. Best of X resets the battle, but forces both players to use a new fighter. Tag Team is simply a Stock battle where each stock is a different fighter, and the battle only ends when all fighters have been used, which is basically what you're looking for.
    • Ohthankgod.

Updated DLC expectations now that they said basically every DLC fighter is going to be a series newcomer:

• Sora
      • Any funny platformer animalthing (Rayman or... God help me, a Rabbid, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Banjo & Kazooie)
      • Minecraft Steve
      • Mr. Sans Undertale
      • Shantae
      • Professor Layton
      • An Octopath Traveler character
      • Unlike what every other website says, obviously not Waluigi.

• "These are going to be characters that are new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5, characters that you would not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate".

That, for me, puts a damper on easybake predictions like Bandana Waddle Dee or even Geno, and while the wording is somewhat ambiguous, I stand by my interpretation that even the series are going to be unique, hence them basically giving away a mismatch like Piranha Plant.

They can't pull a Corrin on us this time. I think it's going to be Ryu - Bayonetta - Cloud Strife all over again.
    • I just got Ridley. Really good,actually. Also got incineroar and pokemon trainer. And for some reason dedede is kiciking my butt so I can't get him.

Oh, and for some bizzare reason (classic mode inkling spoilers ahead) Inkling fights Marx. Why? Speaking of Marx, why do I keep dying to him. He's literally the same fight from Super Star (Ultra) with some new attacks towards the very end.

Sig by TruEdge67, Glorious Newbie Overlord
    • Just got the game today. I've honestly been using it as a music playlist more than fighting today I think haha. It's really nice hearing all the remixes. The Awakening ones are very good, in particular Destiny (Ablaze) for having that flute I associate with Renaissance festivals. Also a Genealogy of the Holy War remix!!! And for that part of all things. Shadows of Valentia's OST was already perfect so just putting in two tracks from it is nice. Wish the Tellius games had a remix (and why is Against the Black Knight labled as Against the Dark Knight...?).
      The new Magicant mix is really good too. Its very... jazzy? I'm glad both versions are available though since the new remix isn't particularly nostalgic.
    • Okay is anyone else annoyed that you can't just immediately rematch an oppenent in the regular smash mode? I'm trying to do some challenges against the CPU and it's annoying that in order to try again I have to select the stage and character I want each time. Why is there no rematch option like ever other fighting game? It's making this fight the cpu with a handicap of 300% challenge annoying because I get one hit killed and then have to reselect everything all over again.

Edit: I just beat that challenge. Still doesn't make having to reselect stuff any less annoying though.

Tru Universe|Cat Midna Avatar and Signature by The Twilight Princess. Check out her art thread here!

The post was edited 1 time, last by TruEdge67 ().

• Jackos wrote:

I just want my old mains but the RNG
      There's a fixed order, actually. Regular battles will always unlock characters in the same order.

Classic Mode is a bit more interesting, unlocks basically go through a fixed list and looks for the "closest" yet-to-be-unlocked character in relation to the character you already used.

Like, imagine a list of characters A, B, C and D. If you play Classic Mode with character A, you'll unlock character B. If you play as character B, you'll unlock character C. But if you play as character A while character B is already unlocked, you'll get character C instead. If you want to specifically get character D, you can clear Classic as character A, then B, and then C, or just do it with character A three times.

Found the order right here:

ign.com/wikis/super-smash-bros…s_in_Smash_Bros._Ultimate

Just look for the name of the character you want in the table thingy, and play Classic with the character closest to it in the list. If you want a single specific character, you can get it in (at worst) 8 Classic Mode runs. It'll most likely be less, especially if you already unlocked a bunch of character through VS, which opens up more options.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Khao ().

• I unlocked all the characters over the weekend, which is frankly less time than I spent back in the day unlocking every character in Smash 64 and Melee. So while I can see the frustration with someone who wants to play as a specific character right out of the gate, in practice I don't see much of a problem with having to play the game to unlock the content you really want to play, given how quickly you can unlock the different characters.

That's on top of the adventure mode, which lets you unlock every single character (though is rather lengthy).
    • I discovered that I unlocked every character yesterday. To be honest, it didn't feel like it and I was waiting for more.
      I suddenly noticed that I wasn't getting any new challengers. Hm maaaybe there's still one that needs a rematch, now that I think of it.

I'm pretty surprised that there's no specialized boss for Fire Emblem characters. Fighting Master Hand feels a bit random and boring.
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • I just finished the adventure mode, and it turned out I had missed three characters in the process. (Luigi, Wolf, and Richter) For people who know approximately where each of these are, hopefully you can understand why I missed them. -_-;;

Now that I have them though - and thus every character - it's time to complete the challenges board. Woo.