Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Normal
    What are you buying?
    • Colu wrote:

I got a Switch. It’s coming in the mail though, so I won’t have it for a few days yet.

Next big purchase will be a portable washer for our suite, then we won’t have to go to the laundromat anymore.
      Cool, glad you finally got a Switch! I hope you enjoy it! Any chance you can add me and be Switch buddies like some of my other friends here? lol. My Switch friend code is SW-8582-7432-2906

Dark Miku Reigns signature by the wonderful Lady Sunshine & avatar by the amazing CielBell
    • TruEdge67 wrote:

Colu wrote:

I got a Switch. It’s coming in the mail though, so I won’t have it for a few days yet.

Next big purchase will be a portable washer for our suite, then we won’t have to go to the laundromat anymore.
      Cool, glad you finally got a Switch! I hope you enjoy it! Any chance you can add me and be Switch buddies like some of my other friends here? lol. My Switch friend code is SW-8582-7432-2906
      Once I have it and figure out all that fandangled stuff, I’ll get back to you!
      Come check out the new book club! The Do Over Book Club
    • Okay so I finally pulled the trigger and bought a raclette set! I’m so excited because I want to host raclette parties and this is going to be SO fun!

For those of you who don’t know what it is, it’s a Swiss tradition and it’s a grill you put on your kitchen table, and the top layer cooks your meats and veggies, and the bottom layer has little paddles that you put cheese on, and the cheese melts! And it’s SO great! It’s just a fun interactive dinner and it’s great for anyone with dietary constraints because you can pick and choose what you eat.

So vegetarians don’t have to eat the meat, lactose intolerant people can avoid the cheese, if you aren’t into gluten then it’s not like you’re grilling bread anyway (although when I host I’ll have it on the side, along with salad, wine, and dessert!). Hooray adulting! While I wait for it to arrive I’ll pass the time playing video games and watching Crunchyroll!
    • Winnie wrote:

Okay so I finally pulled the trigger and bought a raclette set! I’m so excited because I want to host raclette parties and this is going to be SO fun!

For those of you who don’t know what it is, it’s a Swiss tradition and it’s a grill you put on your kitchen table, and the top layer cooks your meats and veggies, and the bottom layer has little paddles that you put cheese on, and the cheese melts! And it’s SO great! It’s just a fun interactive dinner and it’s great for anyone with dietary constraints because you can pick and choose what you eat.

So vegetarians don’t have to eat the meat, lactose intolerant people can avoid the cheese, if you aren’t into gluten then it’s not like you’re grilling bread anyway (although when I host I’ll have it on the side, along with salad, wine, and dessert!). Hooray adulting! While I wait for it to arrive I’ll pass the time playing video games and watching Crunchyroll!
      So like, when should I arrive? :D
      Come check out the new book club! The Do Over Book Club
    • I took my friend to a Japanese/nerd shop in Princeton this evening, and I got a bottle of original Ramune, a flavor I've never had before, and I also got a kanji dictionary. The latter cost $25, which I kind of regret paying, but it should prove to be a valuable resource in my studies.
      [Short Stories] | [EzloSpirit's Hub] | [Latest ZUCast Episode]
      Gender-neutral pronouns, please!
      | Blue Rupee Patron
      Current Adoptee: Zaynock
      [This space reserved for the April Writing Contest.]

The post was edited 1 time, last by EzloSpirit: "prove," not "probe" ().

• EzloSpirit wrote:

I'm not buying anything these days because I have limited funds that also need to go to grad school in the near future. However, for my birthday, my dad got me the highest-priority item on my Amazon wish list: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - The Complete Series on DVD! DS9 is my favorite Trek series, and I recently got the urge to watch it again, but I hate how shows could just go away at any moment on streaming services, so I wanted to own the series myself. This box set has an ungodly 48 discs, totalling about 6 days of television...excluding the special features. I may have to get a new DVD case just to hold this series lol.

I started watching through it the other day, and it's a little like coming home! I originally watched DS9 about 5.5 years ago.
      How do you like the ending? I think it's a pretty big disappointment.
      "But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."

"In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."

"All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."

"Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen to-morrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind." There was a long silence.

"I claim them all," said the Savage at last.

Mustapha Mond shrugged his shoulders. "You're welcome," he said.

—Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vulpes ().

• The criticism I've seen of it, and the problem I had with it, is that it acts like the Dominion War is all there is to Deep Space Nine. It neglects a lot of other stuff that happened in the series. I also hate the whole "Sisko is a Prophet Wormhole Alien" thing.
      "But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."

"In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."

"All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."

"Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen to-morrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind." There was a long silence.

"I claim them all," said the Savage at last.

Mustapha Mond shrugged his shoulders. "You're welcome," he said.

—Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
    • Winnie wrote:

Okay so I finally pulled the trigger and bought a raclette set! I’m so excited because I want to host raclette parties and this is going to be SO fun!

Ooh, my parents had one of those. We didn't use it much, but I remember it fondly :)
      Must be a great alternative for when friends visit, good job adulting!^^

~~~

I ordered some books that I'm waiting for to arrive. Beren & Luthien, the Fall of Gondolin and Pet Sematary :)
    • Switch games mainly. Been preordering the following:

Mario Maker 2
      Crystal Crisis
      Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
      FATE/Extella: Link- Legendary Edition (despite not completing the first; I'm becoming FATE/trash plz help me ;-;)

And soon:

Dragon's Dogma
      Assassin's Creed III Remastered
      Darksiders Warmastered Edition
      Bit Trip Presents: Runner3

Others I want:

DOOM and DOOM Eternal
      Monster Boy
      Shovel Knight series
      Max and the Curse of Brotherhood (Physical)
      Super Meat Boy (Physical, gonna have to order via Best Buy or Amazon since I missed the chance to buy it via Limited Run Games)
      Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (tempted to go physical limited edition despite nothing to play the vinyl on)
      Steamworld Series

I need a new PDP brand game case. Both of mine are nearly full now. Aside from my combined DS/3DS library and my Steam library (not really gonna count that since it's digital/mostly bundle and giveaways), I have absolutely never bought so many games for a single video game system before in my entire life, and I am LOVING it. I think I have a favourite console. And a renewed love of physical media.

Sig by A Link Between Hearts

The post was edited 1 time, last by Okami Takahashi ().

• I bought a USB charger and a mains GBA/DS Phat charger from Amazon because my first order from weeks ago never came. My refunded money's going into these two, so I'm really hoping they actually arrive this time. I'm still mad
      Other than that, I bought The Frozen Wilds DLC for when I decide to pick up Horizon Zero Dawn again. Fun game, beat it a couple of days ago.
      Flickr / Twitter / Instagram / Banner's mine

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pyrax ().

• Guinea wrote:

I'm buying more Cup Noodles when I get paid because oh DAMN are they good. I love throwing in a hot pepper or some other veggie to give it more of a taste!
      If you're buying packaged ramen, the best that I have ever come across is Mike's Mighty Good: facebook.com/Mikesmightygood/

For some reason I can only find kimchi flavored lately, but their pork/beef variety was on par with ramen I had in Japan.

I add vegetables to ramen after it's cooked at about a 1:1 ratio. Usually it's sliced cabbage, julienned carrots, sliced red onion or scallions (asian onion), and sometimes a hardboiled egg. I'm still trying to find out how I can get the center to be less cooked on the egg, tho. Chopped kale works pretty well but I haven't done that at home yet.