Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Persona 5 Mafia - Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There
  • Sólsetur wrote:

Orion [7] - Dark Link Reigns, Mordred, Xenoboi, Bolero, kodachrome, Monika, Orion
    Mordred [1] - Mordred
    EnigmaFarce [1] - EnigmaFarce

note to self: did we seriously still have 9 people left? thought it was less. sad.
    Now, something is off about this vote count. I don't remember having multiple votes.
    Also forgive me for making everything a really long line but I can't seem to end lines in this post. DLR, the problem with your plan is that I'm gonna be dead in the morning. But there's also that Bolero's night action should be self-evident, so tracking him would do no good since the day thread would reveal if he was successful.
  • Welcome everyone to the neighbourhood: now with spectator-view!

I still think the best way to determine the killer if this game works under normal Mafia rules is the "proof that they submitted an action other than the night kill" method. If it's true we can basically mathematically lock the Mafia out of the game if we can prove enough townies by the time we get to down to a 3-1 Townies/Mafia ratio.

Here is the player list:

6. Monika
    8. Dark Link Reigns
    9. kodachrome
    12. Mordred
    16. Xenovent
    19. EnigmaFarce
    21. Bolero of Fire
    ft. special dead guest Cody

Out of these players we have confirmation that some of them did something other than kill Sabbo last night. Namely:

Bolero of Fire: We saw him having stolen Kodachrome's vote today. With the Mafia having a secret voter/hammerer that basically rules him out as Mafia for me, nine Mafia plus two vote-manipulators is like 11 votes in a 22 player game, it would be a deadly sin of game balance.

Kodachrome: Recruited Mordred on the night Sabbo was killed.

Other players we can be confident in:

EnigmaFarce: I used a role cop item on him and he's a roleblocker the same as dead Mafia member Moonlight Seer, maybe Foo will come along after the game and say "foolish monkeys of course you should expect two versions of a roleblocker on the Mafia team" but doubling up on roles in the same faction is a style of setup we've never seen in a game here.

Monika: If the Town Reviver had a secret condition unknown to even himself that whoever he revives becomes Mafia we can just blame the GM after the game for adding unintelligible gameplay mechanics, but I don't think it's a line of thought worth pursuing. Plus we already know Monika's character from his death post and every other Mafia member has been a member of the Phantom Thieves.

Players I'm on the positive side about:

Xenovent: The little tidbit that Monika shared about a non-Phantom Thief character lining up perfectly with the tags for his role ability is interesting to me, and Lie Detector's pretty useless as a Mafia role if they're the only anti-town faction. Concerns: If we really are looking for a "great detective" as the final Mafia character the possibility does exist.

No Night 7 night action confirmation:

Mordred: Said she tracked someone but could have been based on already-revealed information in the thread that day (let's learn from Jimmy in South Park Mafia). Has a pretty good vote history but has the best match-up with the Mafia character claim we're on the lookout for.

Dark Link Reigns: Did a daykill on Day 2 but his story keeps shifting ever since. He's now claiming that he has no day or night kill and that Solsetur's changed his role via PM twice now.
  • We have two potential "confirmer roles" to make use of tonight, though it's a little tricky since one of them is a player we'd like to confirm.

My suggested course of action would be:

EnigmaFarce blocks DLR to check if a kill will go through.
    Mordred tracks Xenovent

If the assumption that roleblockers can actually block a kill is true, that should continue to confirm players for us and narrow down the suspects. Actually maybe you can confirm that little clarification about your role with the GM @EnigmaFarce.
  • Mordred wrote:

There's a slight issue with this plan. That issue being that the mafia might just decide to not kill, in order to either frame DLR (if DLR is town) or in order to not be tracked (if Xeno is mafia).

Still, if the flaw is that the mafia doesn't kill then it's a plan fine by me.
    I had this same exact thought last night. However, it gives us more time to figure it out.

Sig by the ever so fabulous ~ Sólsetur
  • Ok, so this looks like it will end well for me.

Because of Cody's plan and Mordred's post stating how to frame me, there is no way I can come out of this without looking shitty.

If I'm role blocked, the mafia will likely go with Mordred's plan now, regardless if it gives the town another buffer. If we are looking at one mafia member left, they are going to have to have patience and if they can sow distrust in the town and have us pick each other off then all the better for them.

If I'm not role blocked and the mafia goes through with a kill, then people will look at me still.

You know, unless you remember the fact I said I can no longer make kills (and at this point, unless Mordred is the threat, the mafia already saw me make that comment in the night chat thread because they would have been in there already).

Like I've said, I understand why Cody is suggesting this and had Mordred not made her post, I would have been fine with being roleblocked again to confirm me, but now can we trust the result of that?

I know the plan I proposed wasn't perfect, but at this point I feel it's better than the alternative presented so far (I mean, I am a little biased because I'd rather not be framed but still, I hope you guys can see past that and be logical about it).

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs
  • There was suspicion being cast on Xenovent and Bolero in the day thread (if I recall correctly).

I proposed that between you and Enigma, you guys role block one and track the other.

I understand that of the people remaining, you and Enigma are the most likely targets for a mafia kill, but we have to start trying to confirm people to narrow down who is the remaining threat. I feel this gives us the best chance to gain some info.

• EnigmaFarce wrote:

@Mordred Does your ability track someone if they made a kill?
    If Mordred tracks someone, she will find out who that player visited during the night.

That's how she found out Kol Gaines because she tracked him and saw that he had visited Cody the night that he turned into a stump.

It doesn't tell her what action the person performed, just who they visit.

• EnigmaFarce wrote:

I imagine so, it'd be a pretty useless role if I couldn't.

@Dark Link Reigns Bolero's already been confirmed to not have performed the kill that caused Sabbo's death. Your panicky behavior regarding this plan is.... kind of interesting, especially as I presented the possibility that a lack of night kill could be someone framing you.
  • Dark Link Reigns wrote:

That's how she found out Kol Gaines because she tracked him and saw that he had visited Cody the night that he turned into a stump.
    Oh lol, I forgot about that.

For the record, my results history (from memory because loading up my role PM for the details is probably gonna take like 5 minutes)

N1: Don Saltine -> Dark Link Reigns (Don was a nexus, to my knowledge we do not know who visited DLR on the first night)
    N2: Ruki -> No action (Ruki was a 2-shot framer, likely abstaining from acting that night. Interesting to keep this in mind when the cop was paranoid).
    N3: Ty. -> Ruki (I don't remember if a kill was successful that night, but does anyone remember who was roleblocked?)
    N4: HarmonicalHero -> Mordred (either he was killing me or trying to figure out my role after I actually claimed)
    N5: Unable to act (consequence of my hard track ability)
    N6: Kol Gaines -> Cody (most likely the killing action of the night)
    N7: kodachrome -> No action (likely as a consequence of Sol missing his action, but at the very least he didn't kill anyone that night. Sol has yet to edit this result to be up to date.)
  • Mordred wrote:

EnigmaFarce wrote:

I imagine so, it'd be a pretty useless role if I couldn't.

@Dark Link Reigns Bolero's already been confirmed to not have performed the kill that caused Sabbo's death. Your panicky behavior regarding this plan is.... kind of interesting, especially as I presented the possibility that a lack of night kill could be someone framing you.
    Ummm... panicky? I believe that I expressed quite clearly how you stating that I could be framed is basically shitty for me because now that is likely what will happen. I don't think it's "panicky" to point out flaws in something.

If Bolero was confirmed town then why were people questioning him during the day? I'm seriously asking as I had just skimmed the thread (I had a ton of things going on during the day that I couldn't really follow the thread as closely as I would have liked to).

Either way, then swap out Bolero for whoever. Those were called suggestions. They weren't set in stone and it doesn't matter to me who it is. If it helps confirm townies then I'm all for it.

Go ahead and role block me, I don't care. I'm just saying that because of your post, it is likely I'm going to be painted in a shitty light come Day 9 regardless of what happens during the night.

• Mordred wrote:

It's panicky because you don't see that we're aware that you might be framed, you only see you getting lynched as an end result.
    So you're telling me that if the roles were reversed you'd just sit by and say, "Ya, that's cool. Go ahead and let me be likely incriminated."? My problem is that if I end up being framed for something, what else am I supposed to say to defend myself? I've already been role blocked. I've given all the info I have. If the mafia decides to go ahead with the plan you so helpfully provided in the thread, then what can I possibly do to defend myself?

Of course I don't want to be lynched, I'd like to see the end of the game with the town victory. If I end up being lynched to help the town get to that point, then so be it but that doesn't mean I'm just going to sit there and let it happen if I can at all avoid wasting a lynch.

With that said, I think we have two completely different definitions of the word panicky.

But again, I already said I'm fine with being role blocked tonight. If people want to go through with that then whatever, I was just pointing out how it's flawed.

• You're not pointing out how it's flawed. You're pointing out how your perception of it is flawed.

Lynching you if no one dies tonight? It wasn't part of the plan. Now it is, because of how you clearly see it all as centered around you. Xenovent also falls into this plan. So does Enigma. And so do I.

But right now, considering it some more.... all the evidence seems to be pointing towards you.

Monika already flipped.
    I followed koda on the night Sabbo died, and he did not visit Sabbo.
    Cody's a stump, and thus not capable of performing the kill, even if he were mafia. And if he was mafia, then this game would be over now, as a stump shouldn't hold it up.
    Xenovent's proven himself to be able to test people's lies, even if that ability may not have been useful.
    Cody has proven via rolecop item that Enigma is a roleblocker.
    Bolero used his vote control ability the night Sabbo died, this was proven by Sol.

Basically, the only people not confirmed to be what we claim we are, or confirmed to not be responsible for Sabbo's death, are you and me. And I'd need to be one hell of a bus driver by now lmao.
  • Does that bus allow for more people to drive? You aren't the only one who has taken down mafia members.

It is what it is. I've said I can be role blocked tonight. It really doesn't matter to me because, as I've said plenty now, I've given all the info I have as I get it and have nothing left to give.

For the record, it is not my perception of how it is flawed. There are flaws in it, just as I admitted there were flaws in the plan I proposed. If you can't see that and want to keep turning it on me as "well you clearly are panicky because you only see how it is bad for you" then go right ahead.

Also, while lynching me initially wasn't part of YOUR plan, there are other people in this game who are already calling for my head so giving one more reason to be lynching me come Day 10 isn't exactly appealing to me (nor should it be to anyone).

You also didn't answer my question about how you would react if the roles were reversed but it doesn't matter because the answer is really moot at this point.