Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Persona 5 Mafia - Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There
  • Hey DLR! I'm doing alright. A bit cold. And thirsty lol

I did not jump on either bandwagon because I simply didn't have a good read for either of them. Kae called me on on it being a bad way to play. Can't say she was wrong, but knee-jerk voting can still be. My vote could have swayed, but I wasn't concerned based that we would still get information either way.

Lysis was my vote yesterday, and she answered my question about derailing a train on her with

Lysis wrote:

If by train you mean bandwagon, I'd try to derail it by appealing to the Town's better judgement. I have a lot to offer, I think, and I just hope I can convince the Town of this and really, really do my best to find the Mafia and eliminate them

Nothing has yet given my strong reads either way. I suppose now's as good a time as ever to find out how that is:

[vote]Lysis[/vote]
  • Lysis [4] - Xenovent, Cody, Mordred, Lysis (self-vote)
    EnigmaFarce [4] - DLR, HarmonicalHero, Serenity, EnigmaFarce (self-vote)
    Ty. [2] - kodachrome, Ty. (self-vote)
    Sabbo [2] - Kol Gaines, Sabbo (self-vote)

PrinnyofTime [1] - PrinnyofTime (self-vote)
    Orion [1] - Orion (self-vote)
    Ruki [1] - Ruki (self-vote)
    kodachrome [1] - kodachrome (self-vote)
    MunchingBanana [1] - MunchingBanana (self-vote)
    Epicstorm [1] - Epicstorm (self-vote)
    Bolero of Fire [1] - Bolero of Fire (self-vote)
    Don Saltine [1] - Don Saltine (self-vote)

So many still who've yet to vote. We still have a little time, but still.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Serenity ().

• DLR - That's a tough question. Part of me would think to wait and see for someone more concrete so we can kill Mafia in the day thread and see if we can lynch another right after. We aren't sure how many (or if he does) lives he has. The ISSUE is, however, I don't think we could exactly wait for the perfect opportunity to pop up. Unless Bolero can use that item now to give Cody the item NOW, I think that is a question more for Day 3 Ruki where more information hopefully will be revealed.

OK so now that I'm settled in and eating delicious food, I'm going to start looking hard at stuff. First things first is @'Ty' brah, where you at man? Who are the top three people you are suspicious of and think we should lynch today? Why is that? What mad insights can you drop us?

@EnigmaFarce we haven't heard anything at all from you today. Why shouldn't you be lynched? What do you offer to the town? You've bee lying low. I realize you're a newbie but you haven't made any real attempts to converse with us today.

@PrinnyOfTime You really haven't been adding much to the discussion. What do you think of the current events going on?

@epicstorm Bro have you even checked in today? Come on join the conversation. Why shouldn't we throw the noose around your neck?

:heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
  • EnigmaFarce [4] - Serenity, DLR, HarmonicalHero, EnigmaFarce (self-vote)
    Lysis [4] - Cody, Mordred, Xenovent, Lysis (self-vote)
    Sabbo [2] - Kol Gaines, Sabbo (self-vote)
    Ty. [2] - kodachrome, Ty. (self-vote)
    MunchingBanana [2] - PrinnyofTime, MunchingBanana (self-vote)
    Orion [1] - Orion (self-vote)
    Ruki [1] - Ruki (self-vote)
    Epicstorm [1] - epicstorm (self-vote)
    Bolero of Fire [1] - Bolero of Fire (self-vote)
    Don Saltine [1] - Don Saltine (self-vote)

EDIT: Sorry! Prinny made a vote so thought it easier to update than post again.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs

The post was edited 2 times, last by Big Daddy Biggles: Corrected vote count. ().

• Don Saltine wrote:

I took the answer as how many threats there are from the start, and a cult usually starts with just one member, correct? Of course, I could always just be being dumb. :P

Do you think it would be a good use of your role to ask if there are alignment-changing roles or is the threat of them not high enough/not likely enough?
    The existence of a cult would mean that there are by definition at least as many potential threats as mafia members. They aren't specific players, but they would still count based on the wording.

Mordred wrote:

The possible threat is probably something with a win condition independent of the town, but not exactly opposed to the town. A survivor, for example, might side with the mafia, but might just as well side with the town, and can be seen as a possible threat, not a definite one.

(this was written 2 hours ago, my connection went down when I tried to submit it)

At this point I've forgotten who claimed oracle, but as a helpful note, the last time I saw an oracle in one of Sol's games, they could ask about the current state of the game, not just the setup. Seems to me like it's much the same thing. At some point, you could ask how many threats are remaining, and (I think) you would get the answer that applies at the end of the night.
    That was not my interpretation, but I see what you mean.

Kol Gaines wrote:

Geez, I was catching up on everything after work and made the decision to help get answers from Enigma by voting him, but at this point it's almost a bandwagon.

So instead I'll be keeping my vote on Sabbo for the time being. You're role is very pro-town, but not entirely convinced of it yet.

You could very well be that role, but still be scum and modifying the numbers before giving them to us.
    Feel free to suggest a question for me to ask tonight then. Something a mafia member couldn't just make up.
  • PrinnyOfTime wrote:

Dark Link Reigns wrote:

New question:

If Cody was given Bolero's item and was able to make another Desperado kill, who would you think should be his target as of right now for best chance of hitting mafia?
    I'd like to flip this around and ask you the same. Who do you think should be his target?
    Or.... considering you haven't really contributed anything of value yet (I know you're new but still), you answer the question instead of looking to see what other people have to say first?

• Ruki wrote:

@PrinnyOfTime You really haven't been adding much to the discussion. What do you think of the current events going on?
    Yeah sorry about that. I've been trying too hard to think in terms of making set statements, when what I need to do is treat this like a philosophical discussion and just ask questions instead. Approach things from a different angle, especially since I'm in the dark about a lot of things and strategies. I've been thinking there are strategies or things to do, but in all honesty, I need to just ask questions a lot. It's better to do that than stay quiet and hide in the background and not contribute and both hurt town and look scummy at the same time.

To answer your question more fully though, there's a quote from Kae that she said yesterday that's been bothering me.

Kae wrote:

The fact that Monika and Koda are tied with 5 and 5 says something about some players trying to save others. We're on the right path baby loves.

The munching banana people are avoiding their responsbility to pick a legitimate wagon.

Monika or Kodachrome.

Pretty simple.
    Assuming Cody is telling the truth and Koda is town, and we confirmed that Monika was also town, it's suspicious to me that she'd try and get people to not focus on Munching. I might be looking at this far too simply, but for me at least it's some kind of lead. With all this said...

[vote]Munching Banana[/vote]

Give me a really good reason why I shouldn't lynch you.
  • Dark Link Reigns wrote:

PrinnyOfTime wrote:

Dark Link Reigns wrote:

New question:

If Cody was given Bolero's item and was able to make another Desperado kill, who would you think should be his target as of right now for best chance of hitting mafia?
    I'd like to flip this around and ask you the same. Who do you think should be his target?
    Or.... considering you haven't really contributed anything of value yet (I know you're new but still), you answer the question instead of looking to see what other people have to say first?
    Probably because I'm trying to figure things out for myself and I don't have a good grasp on things? Besides, why be evasive on answering your own question anyways?
  • PrinnyOfTime wrote:

Dark Link Reigns wrote:

PrinnyOfTime wrote:

Dark Link Reigns wrote:

New question:

Probably because I'm trying to figure things out for myself and I don't have a good grasp on things? Besides, why be evasive on answering your own question anyways?
    I'm not being evasive. I don't want people (especially those who haven't contributed much of their own) to answer questions so as to gauge their own answers versus piggybacking on someone elses.

But if it is will satisfy you, if we had the chance to do so today, I would say we hit either EnigmaFarce or MunchingBanana. I know both are new players but they are playing pretty shady (even for newbies).