Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Persona 5 Mafia - Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There
  • First off I’m sorry I didn’t make it back by end of day. IRL stuff happened I didn’t make it back to a computer to check in until like half an hour after the day ended.
    I am not pleased with how the day ended guys. I have no idea how you all managed to get on Monika’s case but I intended to find out. I am pleased, however, by whatever happened last night that took Kae out. That makes my open post today slightly different as I was going to hound her for her vote hopping yesterday.

Now, this is the most work I’ve done for mafia since I’ve started playing so a couple things:
    1. It likely won’t be perfect – I tried to include things of interest regarding voting habits (for the most part).
    2. My end of day vote tally is not what Sol’s is but I cover that at the end.
    3. Screw you if you don’t like this – let’s see you do something.
    With that said, let’s take a look at some stuff from yesterday. I will split it into two sections:
    1. Here are how things looked just before Cody did his thing:
    Vote Tally B.C. (Before Cody)

Orion [1] - Ruki
    Kae [1] - Kae (self-vote)
    Serenity [6] – EnigmaFarce, Monika, Kodachrome, Serenity (self-vote), DLR, Orion
    Ruki [0] –
    Lysis [1] - Xenovent
    Monika [1] – Don Saltine
    Sabbo [1] - Sabbo (self-vote)
    Dark Link Reigns [0] -
    kodachrome [0] -
    PrinnyofTime [1] - PrinnyofTime (self-vote)
    Hide [1] - Hide (self-vote)
    Mordred [1] - Mordred (self-vote)
    MunchingBanana [1] - MunchingBanana (self-vote)
    Cody [0] -
    Epicstorm [1] - Epicstorm (self-vote)
    Xenovent [1] – Cody
    Kol Gaines [1] - Kol Gaines (self-vote)
    HarmonicalHero [1] - HarmonicalHero (self-vote)
    EnigmaFarce [1] - EnigmaFarce (self-vote)
    Moonlight Seer [1] - Moonlight Seer (self-vote)
    Bolero of Fire [1] – Lysis
    Don Saltine [1] – Bolero of Fire

Things to Note from B.C.

-Orion was the first one to place a vote on Monika – he states reasoning is “he might as well throw a vote” and Monika just happened to show up.

-Lysis was the first to vote for Serenity. Posed to her the question “why DO you deserve to die today?” Odd question to ask.

-Lysis unvotes Serenity even though they say they are not satisfied with the answer Serenity gave. Switches to Bolero.

-Serenity votes Monika second on the grounds that he has been lurking and not contributing to the thread.

-Monika shows up shortly after Serenity votes for him, votes for Serenity stating that “she left an obvious trail she can refer back to in 2-5 Mafia days”.

-Orion shows up again stating that he likes what Monika is saying and will probably change his vote.

-Monika calls out Orion for him saying “probably” being non-committal. Orion says he doesn’t like to guarantee anything – says initial vote for Monika was an attempt at a friendly jest.

-Orion asks Don Saltine “what is one thing that someone can do to get her to think they are scum”.

-Ruki places vote for Orion to start another lynch wagon (this is technically the first vote on the Orion wagon as Lysis’ vote was nothing more than just a poke vote).

-Mordred says that her two top suspects are Serenity and Orion.

-Serenity unvotes Monika, says she thinks that he is a Mason. Says that her “trigger” is either on myself or Don Saltine.

-Serenity and I go back and forth for a bit – I place a vote on her (this is the 5th vote on her at this point (one vote being her self-vote after unvoting Monika).

-Orion changes his vote from Monika to Serenity – states the reason being a gut feeling and how they have been phrasing things (6th vote on Serenity’s wagon).

-Cody has enough of this shit and uses his Desperado ability on Serenity. She lives (essentially proving she is a townie) – Cody should die but we find out he has more than one life – this results in his lover, Moonlight Seer, dying. We see that Moonlight Seer was a Mafia Lover/Roleblocker.

-Cody explains why he didn’t die and that he also didn’t start off as a Lover with Moonlight Seer, it was added to his role PM after it was initially sent out – figures the Moonlight Seer was able to choose who is lover was.

2) And here is what happened with the votes/people following Cody’s play up until the end of the day:
    End of Day Vote Tally

Orion [1] – Mordred
    Kae [0] -
    Serenity [0] –
    Ruki [0] –
    Lysis [1] – Xenovent
    Monika [11] – Don Saltine, Sabbo, Cody, Lysis, Bolero of Fire, EnigmaFarce, Serenity, Kodachrome, HarmonicalHero, Kae, HarmonicalHero
    Sabbo [0] -
    Dark Link Reigns [0] –
    kodachrome [8] – Orion, DLR, epicstorm, Munching Banana, Prinny of Time, Ruki, Monika, Anon
    PrinnyofTime [0] -
    Hide [1] - Hide (self-vote)
    Mordred [0] -
    MunchingBanana [1] – Kol Gaines
    Cody [0] -
    Epicstorm [0] -
    Xenovent [0] –
    Kol Gaines [0] -
    HarmonicalHero [0] -
    EnigmaFarce [0] -
    Bolero of Fire [0] –
    Don Saltine [0] –

Things to Note from P.C. (Post Cody)

-Serenity immediately votes for me.

-Munching Banana votes for Serenity – claims she is too shady not to vote for.

-Cody asks Munching Banana what he is doing – MB unvotes Serenity stating he is new and still trying to figure things out. Notes that he is town and not mafia.

-Orion is the first to unvote Serenity.

-Ruki asks Cody who he thinks would be 2-3 good candidates for lynch wagons.

-I unvote Serenity. Call her out for being salty and ask her why she is voting for me (besides revenge) and to provide proof.

-Mordred is the second person to hop on the Orion wagon stating it was mostly for the question he posed to Don Saltine regarding actions mafia take to make them seem scummy.

-MB votes Orion – states his reason as being “because of reasons and general all around shadyness”. Becomes 4th vote on Orion’s wagon (one vote being Orion’s self vote)

-Orion votes for Kodachrome – states reasons being he voted for Serenity and was the only one to interact with Moonlight Seer. This brings his wagon down to three and is the first vote on the Kodachrome wagon. Also points out the Kodachrome was advocating using a day kill ability on Serenity.

-EnigmaFarce votes for Monika based on a post from Moonlight Seer saying how they didn’t feel a Monika vote, stating he feels this was a scum buddy trying to distance from another.

-Kae is the second person on the Kodachrome wagon stating her reason is that we need to start voting for inactive players – references boxes point in the Mafia Plaza.

-Cody unvotes Xenovent and votes for Orion – also states that he thinks Monika is a good lynch candidate as he had a wagon going while Serenity was being voted for.

-Cody then unvotes Orion and votes Kodachrome.

-EnigmaFarce unvotes Monika and votes Kodachrome – stating “that settles it”, but never elaborates as to what he means.

-Kae tries to give options for possible lynch targets – states the people from the first 7 pages for Serenity were good options – this was Lysis, EnigmaFarce, Monika, Kodachrome, and myself. States that if anyone votes for someone other than those 5 you are a deterrent to the town and a piece of garbage.

-Sabbo posts and votes for Monika – says that Kodachrome is his second choice – reasoning for both is that “their behavior just seems… off.”

-I question Kae’s method for picking who should be considered for lynch candidates – end up voting for Kodachrome. I give no reason as I had none. Didn’t want to be seen as a piece of garbage basically. I am the 6th vote on the wagon.

-Serenity unvotes me and votes for Kodachrome – states her reason is that “he seems too much like how I was as Mafia for me to trust”.

-Bolero gives more reasoning behind why he is still voting for Don. Doesn’t switch votes.

-Lysis unvotes Bolero – does not place a new vote.

-Serenity seemingly randomly says they feel like voting MB – proceeds to do so.

-Monkia unvotes Serenity and votes for Kodachrome. States reason is partially from being dared by Kae, partially because he feels koda’s vote for Serenity after his was a band-wagon jump.

-epicstorm votes for MB seemingly to make him talk based on Serenity’s want to do so.

-Kol Gaines makes first post – votes for MB (3rd on the wagon) – states jumping on the koda wagon is too easy and votes for MB based on his past mafia experiences.

-epicstorm changes vote from MB to Kodachrome – states reason is because he was advocating a Serenity day kill (before she was confirmed) and he has been laying low. Provides “watch list” of Monika, Don Saltine, and myself.

-MB changes vote from Orion to Kodachrome stating he “just looked over pages and read up on stuff and things and I think this might be worth a shot.” – never elaborates further.

-Ruki says she is keeping her vote on Orion. States she isn’t voting for koda because his wagon is so large and adding more votes to it would defeat the purpose of multiple bandwagons – states she has “100 PERCENT NO CHILL”.

-Cody switches vote from Kodachrome to Monika with no explanation.

-Serenity says that if the Kodachrome lynch goes through and he is town, she will point fingers at everyone who isn’t Cody.

-Lysis votes Monika with no explanation.

-Bolero changes vote from Don Saltine to Kodachrome then edits in another vote change from Kodachrome to Monika – states reason for doing so is that koda’s wagon is too large.

-Prinny casts a vote for Kodachrome, stating “Guess I’ll jump on the bandwagon”.

-Monika switches vote from Kodachrome to MB – states he wants MB to move his vote to somewhere where he isn’t just jumping onto whatever everyone else is doing, or at the least give reason for his vote.

-EnigmaFarce switches his vote from Kodachrome to Monika – states that his reason is he is following a veteran townie (Cody).

-Serenity switches vote from MB to koda – stating that she just wants to see what happens and that she kind of believes Kae.

-Serenity then unvotes koda – states “it might be interesting to have a split between Monika and koda. Does not place a new vote.

-Ruki switches vote from Orion to koda – stating she like to play God.

-Serenity votes for Monika – stating “#YOLO”.

-Kol Gaines says they won’t switch votes because they don’t want to break the tie. If they were to switch, it would be to Orion.

-Monika states displeasure with people being cool with letting a coin flip decided who dies.

-Serenity believes that Monika’s displeasure with everyone being okay with a coin flip to decide the lynch is very telling.

-koda finally shows up and unvotes Serenity.

-Serenity switches vote from Monika to Orion – states she is trying to pressure Orion for the last 30 minutes.

-EnigmaFarce follows Serenity by unvoting Monika and switching to Orion to apply pressure.

-Monika switches from MB to Orion to build the wagon (this is the 4th vote).

-kodachrome votes for Orion – no real reason why besides “if it helps the town I’m down”.

-Orion states that if he isn’t roleblocked during the night he will be able to provide us with proof of what he is come Day 2.

-Serenity unvotes Orion and switches back to Monika then edits in another vote switch from Monika back to Orion stating “I like that since I’ve proved I’m down, I’m doing the shit I couldn’t get away with.”

-EnigmaFarce switches vote from Orion to Monika – states reason is because Orion said that he has a way to prove himself come Day 2.

-kodachrome states he is able to help the town at night and can prove himself just as much as Orion can.

-Serenity switches votes again from Orion to Monika – states “LOL”.

-kodachrome unvotes Orion and votes for Monika – says he’s sorry if Monika is town.

-Kae switches vote from Kodachrome to Monika with no explanation.

-Monika switches vote from Orion to Kodachrome basically for self-preservation.

-HarmonicalHero states that whoever Serenity votes for he will vote for as well.

-Kae switches votes from Monika to Kodachrome again with no explanation.

-HarmonicalHero votes for Monika with no explanation (assuming he voted based on where Serenity voted).

-Kae switches votes again from Kodachrome to Monika with no explanation.

-Day ends with no more vote switches – Monika is lynched as town.

-Final vote count shows an “Anon” vote for Kodachrome. Likely part of Monika’s Manipulator role.

-Also, not sure if GM error or intentional due to some ability, but HarmonicalHero is listed twice in the vote count for Monika.

I’m sorry that was so long. I want to mention that my vote count looks different from Sol’s. I believe I have the correct one (I think Sol missed Prinny’s vote and no one ever brought it up). If I am incorrect, please feel free to correct me (there was a ton of shit to follow and loads of vote hopping, sue me if I got it wrong).

Now to address you, @Serenity.

Serenity wrote:

As of right now, tbh, my voting trigger is on @Dark Link Reigns and @Don Saltine. That big ass argument that DLR and I had over likehood sounds suspicious, and it sounds like something that a Mafia player would say in order to make me look worse
    It sounds suspicious? Have you read how you post? You act like I'm the only one who thought you were scum (correct me if I'm wrong but Monika also thought you were scum and we know he is town). I am not going to apologize for voting for you and pointing how how brutal your posting is. You keep spouting on about how good you did in your other games as mafia and how you are basically a mafia bloodhound, able to sniff out their bullshit. Tell me, who was it you ended up voting for at the end of Day 1 again? Maybe your sniffer is broken.

As soon as all the stuff went down with Cody, I unvoted you and began asking questions of EVERYONE. What have you done for the town besides posting so poorly that Cody literally had to try kill you to confirm you (and please stop saying that YOU confirmed yourself as town because you did nothing but not die from someone else trying to murder you in the day thread).

I know you are pretty much confirmed town but unless you start actually making proper posts and using logic FROM THIS GAME instead of reliving your past glory from other games I basically don't find myself caring what you post anymore because none of it is relevant. All you do is say how we need to find mafia, how good you are at finding mafia, and then not finding mafia but telling us we need to find mafia and confirm townies.

To clarify, I'm mostly referring to your constant "we should look at the newbies because when I was mafia this is what I did as a newbie". Not every newbie is going to follow in your footsteps. If you want us to look at someone, I suggest you actually provide information from this game thread to prove how they are being suspicious.

Now, please tell me exactly what grounds you have to be suspicious of me (other than "he questioned me yesterday and that's clearly what mafia would do to make me look bad")? Or Don Saltine for that matter because I've yet to see you give a reason for her.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs
  • I think I have an idea of what happened last night and I can’t say I’m displeased if I’m right about it.

Nice job all involved :’)

My guess is Kae was going to perform the kill last night and was either mysteriously either blocked or the target protected. I had a feeling she was mafia yesterday so I’m happy :3

(throwback sig by liah btw)
    last.fm | twitter | instagram
    toot tot ride the sprite tractors
    Team S&S
  • Honestly...

I'm not convinced that either koda or Orion are Mafia.

I think that, at the end of the day, we were so wrapped up in the fuckery that we weren't thinking straight. I was hoping for another Mafia kill at the end of day 1, but tbh I'm still pleased, since more Mafia were killed than townie. Sucks to see the best doki go, but what can you do, unless there is a revival person, but I don't think Monika would be the best one to revive right now.

I don't even know what a manipulator does. Can someone fill me in if possible?

Dark Link Reigns wrote:

It sounds suspicious? Have you read how you post? You act like I'm the only one who thought you were scum (correct me if I'm wrong but Monika also thought you were scum and we know he is town). I am not going to apologize for voting for you and pointing how how brutal your posting is. You keep spouting on about how good you did in your other games as mafia and how you are basically a mafia bloodhound, able to sniff out their bullshit. Tell me, who was it you ended up voting for at the end of Day 1 again? Maybe your sniffer is broken.

As soon as all the stuff went down with Cody, I unvoted you and began asking questions of EVERYONE. What have you done for the town besides posting so poorly that Cody literally had to try kill you to confirm you (and please stop saying that YOU confirmed yourself as town because you did nothing but not die from someone else trying to murder you in the day thread).

I know you are pretty much confirmed town but unless you start actually making proper posts and using logic FROM THIS GAME instead of reliving your past glory from other games I basically don't find myself caring what you post anymore because none of it is relevant. All you do is say how we need to find mafia, how good you are at finding mafia, and then not finding mafia but telling us we need to find mafia and confirm townies.

To clarify, I'm mostly referring to your constant "we should look at the newbies because when I was mafia this is what I did as a newbie". Not every newbie is going to follow in your footsteps. If you want us to look at someone, I suggest you actually provide information from this game thread to prove how they are being suspicious.

Now, please tell me exactly what grounds you have to be suspicious of me (other than "he questioned me yesterday and that's clearly what mafia would do to make me look bad")? Or Don Saltine for that matter because I've yet to see you give a reason for her.

Well, as of now, there are more Mafia dead than town, so you can criticize me all you want, but I'd like to think that I helped in some way. And further proof do I need to confirm myself as town? I certainly wasn't perfect, but a bunch of people were ganging on me, because I was an easy, and look what happened. Two Mafia dead by day 2. I might not have contributed wholly to that, but I'd like to think I'm doing something right by having this attitude, because if I was passive, and said only what I needed to say, then that would be better for the Mafia, most likely, because passiveness leads to a Mafia victory, from what little I've seen.

Honestly, I think the Mafia would be secretly angry at me. I sure hope so. A bunch of people ganged on me, and then two Mafia died as a result, so your increasingly fire-y behavior comes off as a little funny to me, and honestly, I wish that this game could be as simple as giving proof based on voting history and the validity of one's argument, but if a Mafia player wants to succeed, they need to be pro town. They need to make sure that their arguments hold. You can have the most seemingly valid/innocent person who, at the at the end of the game, would have no real proof of their role, because roles pretty much matter most.

So, yeah, I'm convinced that neither koda or Orion are Mafia, but I'd like that know if a townie received whatever power it is that @Orion used, if that was the point of his move.

edit: Oh, @Orion. I didn't see that. Let me check.

edit: okay, so far more unlikely that @Orion is Mafia. I almost feel like voting @EnigmaFarce, but I'll hold off for now.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Serenity ().

• OK finally at my computer so let's take a look at what we have here. Two mafia down, two hard town confirmations and several soft ones. Not a bad start to the day. I'd like to wait a bit for more people to check in and see if we have more information come forward. In the meantime, I'll probably be staring dumbly at my computer trying to figure out the vote hoping mess from yesterday, get bored, walk off to write some ANGST to come back and

:heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
  • 1. Orion
    2. Serenity

3. Ruki
    4. Lysis
    5. Sabbo
    6. Dark Link Reigns
    7. kodachrome
    8. PrinnyofTime
    9. Ty.
    10. Mordred
    11. MunchingBanana
    12. Cody
    13. Epicstorm
    14. Xenovent
    15. Kol Gaines
    16. HarmonicalHero
    17. EnigmaFarce
    18. Bolero of Fire
    19. Don Saltine

I'm going to say that five of these are Mafia, which means fourteen town. Based on this thread, I'm putting koda and Orion in the green section. One of them could still... maybe? be Mafia, but yeah I'm not feeling it. It seems like koda and Orion were both very valid in what they did last night.

I still hope that, whoever is the cop, doesn't blurt it out. That would seriously hurt the town. >.< And, if there's a princess, hopefully they have a real power. tbh a princess not having a real power would be pretty unfair, so I doubt that a powerless princess would be the case.

So, five Mafia left. Or maybe six. Buuut, I'll just say five for now. Considering how big this game is, there COULD be a third party player or whatever, but it doesn't look like there is a serial killer just yet. I don't know how only a Mafia member died during the night, but I'll take it. Perhaps, if there was a serial killer, they'd maybe want to leave it as a surprise for the second night? idk but I'm going to disregard the notion of a serial killer. There are, of course, other kinds of 3P players, so we'll see.
  • Hey guys. So I'm the owner of the mysterious item from last night. I got a "Soba" from the vending machine. Using the Soba gives me two options and can only be used at night. A) I can motivate somebody. This means that whatever their role is, they get make two of those actions that night. B) I can give somebody another shot. This pertains to roles that have a limited amount of "shots". I would assume like a Vig that can kill twice or a cop once, or whatever. This gives them another shot.

I debated if I should reveal this incase there is a thief, but I figured I should be transparent about it. I don't want to waste the item, so I figured it would be best if we all decided what to do with it.

Sig by the ever so fabulous ~ Sólsetur