Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    [Poll & Discussion] Favorite Classic Zelda Game
    • Okami Takahashi wrote:

The Hyrule Fantasy- Mishouzaki Version
      First, it's Mishozuki, not Mishouzaki. I checked google. Second, what is Mishozuki Version? Even though I search google, I didn't find anything. Do you mean the Famicom Version? I'm confused.
      The True Zelda Timeline:
      ----------------/>WW|PH>ST
      SS>MC>FS>OoT|MM>TP>FSA>HW(original)>BotW(2014 version)
      ----------------\>ALttP|OoX|LA(original)>ALBW>TFH>TLoZ|TAoL
    • gamtos wrote:

No, it's Mishouzaki. Mishozuki is a motor vehicle brand from Panama.
      Yuu Mishouzaki, the author of a manga about the first Zelda, which he's calling Hyrule Fantasy because that's the Japanese title.
      According to Google, Mishouzaki doesn't exist and the name is Mishozuki. If you don't believe me, here's evidence:

It's probably that Mishouzaki is the right one, but for some reason Google thinks otherwise. I don't know why.

gamtos wrote:

Yeah I don't get why we're suddenly talking about manga in a game thread either.
      Yeah, agreed, it's confusing to me too.

Also, I've read a bit of that manga. I actually like it. It's pretty interesting.
      The True Zelda Timeline:
      ----------------/>WW|PH>ST
      SS>MC>FS>OoT|MM>TP>FSA>HW(original)>BotW(2014 version)
      ----------------\>ALttP|OoX|LA(original)>ALBW>TFH>TLoZ|TAoL
    • It might be the nostalgia talking, but mine has to be Ocarina of Time. It was my first Zelda, and it hooked me from the beginning. (Also hot take, but the Water Temple is one of the best temples in the game)

I will say that Twilight Princess is underrated as heck in this poll, though. It has the best dungeon design in the series IMO, and I really need to replay it one of these days.
    • To me Ocarina of Time is still the best classic Zelda game, quite likely the best Zelda game period. Heck, I'd also say it's on my list of the greatest games of all time. It's one of those few games I still enjoy going back to, to me it's the classic. Even my father has had an appreciation of it ever since he saw me play it as a child, and he's never been into video games. I'm guessing he could tell it was different somehow? So that's a neat thing we share.

I know it's an unoriginal opinion, but I don't care, haha.

The post was edited 2 times, last by ich Will ().

• ich Will wrote:

To me Ocarina of Time is still the best classic Zelda game, quite likely the best Zelda game period. Heck, I'd also say it's on my list of the greatest games of all time. It's one of those few games I still enjoy going back to, to me it's the classic. Even my father has had an appreciation of it ever since he saw me play it as a child, and he's never been into video games. I'm guessing he could tell it was different somehow? So that's a neat thing we share.

I know it's an unoriginal opinion, but I don't care, haha.
      I agree. While I still enjoy Majora's Mask more, OoT will always hold a special place in my heart.

I recently just got a OoT Randomizer to work on my PC so I will be giving that a playthrough soon here. I'm going to see if I can figure out how to record it as well and maybe post my progress on the forums somewhere for you all to watch.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    • My favourite is Ocarina of Time, like I said in my introduction, it would be Majora's Mask, but I dislike the Great Bay temple that much. It also seems to have more hidden details than Majora's Mask, have you ever tried going into the house at Lon Lon Ranch at night as adult link? Or how about talking to Zelda wearing a mask? Though I would say Majora's Mask has the superior story and you don't need to go out of your way to learn about the characters.
    • Celestial wrote:

Personal Top 10 Favorite:

#1 A Link to the Past
      #2 Ocarina of Time
      #3 Oracle of Seasons
      #+ Majora's Mask 3D
      #4 Link's Awakening DX
      #5 Majora's Mask
      #6 Oracle of Ages
      #7 The Wind Waker
      #8 A Link Between Worlds
      #9 Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
      #10 Twilight Princess
      +1 for not putting Zelda 2 dead last, haha.
      A dark chase requires a silent hound, and deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    • Mildly interesting poll results here. ALttP is pulling out its best performance in some time. Don't worry, fellow ALttP aficionados. We're close enough that we can lawyer out a win.

I demand a recount! Some of the elderly ALttP players were confused by the ballot and accidentally voted for Link: Faces of Evil. The highest court in the land of Zelda is... there's not a courthouse in Zelda, is there? Well, we'll see you in Mayor Dotour's office!

edit: That appeal didn't pan out. Mayor Dotour decided that Majora's Mask is officially the best Zelda. Again. Ugh. There's always 2020, though.
      "Wow! This looks pretty heavy. You won't be able to lift it because you're a Dalek and have a plunger for a hand."

The post was edited 2 times, last by subrosiandalek ().