Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
  • Normal
Health/Fitness/Wellness 2018!
  • I like looking good and feeling good. Might be a bit shallow but I know the benefits are good in the long run so that's a huge plus.
    And I do enjoy the adrenaline and emotional release when running. Feels productive and therapeutic.

Yoga makes me actually feel better physically, less stiff and helps my body with bloodflow.

SO yeah, all good stuff.

"Defense against the dark farts, am I right?" -Pennington
    | This spot reserved for Dark Link Reigns |

• Usual time for bed tends to be 11 pm - 1 am, recently has gotten just later and it's seldomly 11pm or even close. I have a biological alarm, called K.I.D. Wakes me up several times a night with irregular intervals. Mornings start anything between 7 -7:45 am, except early shifts at work. Unfortunately same treat on weekends and days off.
    I have no idea what would be optimal amount. Most likely to go to bed earlier would help, I'm always feeling tired but able to work and operate normal.
  • we have a 9pm alarm each night. when it goes off, it's time to turn off the screens and get ready for bed (brush teeth etc). then we can relax and hang out quietly. we usually read or chat during this time. around 10-11pm is when it's actually lights out. we get up at 7:30am. i personally never sleep a whole night through, waking up every few hours. and when i'm on my period, i need around 2 extra hours of sleep each night.

actually, on a related note, it's not uncommon for someone on their period to need extra sleep! i used to just accept my feelings of extreme tiredness as a sympton of my period i couldn't do anything about.
    as it turns out, many women actually need anywhere from 1-4 hours of extra sleep during their period. the reason for it is because the hormonal changes during this time can be very exhausting on the body!
    Come check out the new book club! The Do Over Book Club
  • I usually go to bed and set the alarm so that I'll have at least 8 hours, but I often wake up naturally before that. So I'd say 7-8 hours.
    I wake up earlier if I've been drinking :p

I usually set the alarm at roughly the same time whether I'm going to work early or late, so that I'll get to have the whole day. I'm more or a morning person anyway :)
  • I need 7.5-8 hours of sleep to function well. I can get away with less, but only for a day or two before it starts to show.

I only sleep through the entire night a few nights a year, really. I'm always waking up: due to noises, full bladder, high or low blood sugars, aches and pain, or just general restlessness. If I manage to sleep a whole night through, I feel amazing for a few days afterwards.

I have friends who only need 5-6 hours of sleep and they feel fine. I hate them so much.
  • I try to shoot for 6 to 8 hours, but I've been bad about doing so recently.

My sleep schedule constantly changes though. I'd prefer to have a 930pm-430am schedule, but the weekend always screws it up when I try to go do family stuff. 11pm to 630pm is about where I'm at right now, but I'm working to change back to 930. I'm far more productive that way.

Currently, melatonin has me messed up today. I took it yesterday to fall asleep earlier, but all it did was keep me in a light sleep cycle with constant waking.
  • Bump

Saturday is my birthday which means ya'll owe me gifts

Do 3 good workouts for me by Sunday morning! Go!

-----

Edit:

Since this post:

1.) Back, lower back, biceps, and 3 miles done - Wednesday morning.
    2.) Abs - Thursday
    3.) Legs and hate myself afterwards - Friday morning

I will judge all of you if you fail me.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Rambo ().

• Rambo wrote:

Bump

Saturday is my birthday which means ya'll owe me gifts

Do 3 good workouts for me by Sunday morning! Go!

-----

Edit:

Since this post:

1.) Back, lower back, biceps, and 3 miles done - Wednesday morning.
    2.) Abs - Thursday
    3.) Legs and hate myself afterwards - Friday morning

I will judge all of you if you fail me.
    Mission accomplished, good sir!
    And happy belated birthday! Hope you had a good one :)
  • Depends what's bumming you out during the holidays.

Usually, I force time to do something to counteract what's bumming me out.

If it's family drama and being too close to them, I take time out to take a drive or do something on my own. Vice versa if I'm far away and missing them. I take time to call.

I also make sure I laugh. Instagram is awesome for this. I make sure I follow pages that are %100 on making me laugh.

Gloomy weather? Go outside and embrace being a weirdo playing in drizzle.

Summarizing, it's being active against what will be bumming you our and even being aware of triggers it if it's routine every season. Then you can take steps to mitigate the feeling.
    -----

Also, after listening to Tim McGraw's "My Next 30 Years" over and over while having that Eminem in a hoody vibe, I have some health goals for myself.

-No alcohol or any toxic substances for a while. The exception is two close friends of mine, which we only have one beer when we get together anyways.

-Lose the drinking buddies. Nothing wrong with the hobby, but it's rarely enjoyable or useful to hang with them anymore.

-Get to the 190-200lb range again since it's about my prime strength and aesthetic range.

-Make new lifting buddies.

-Run some races next year.

I'll have more specifics over time, but that's a general vision I have for myself the next couple of years
  • Yeah, there isn't really any drama with my family.

My previous wife's uncle used to be somewhat of a bother in family gatherings, but since she's not my wife any longer, I'm free of that at least! :p

But I found it useful to take small breaks and perhaps find something "neutral" to talk about like music or something of the like. Preferably staying with the people who are worth talking to, of course, but that's not always an option in family gatherings.
  • Colu wrote:

we have a 9pm alarm each night. when it goes off, it's time to turn off the screens and get ready for bed (brush teeth etc). then we can relax and hang out quietly. we usually read or chat during this time. around 10-11pm is when it's actually lights out. we get up at 7:30am. i personally never sleep a whole night through, waking up every few hours. and when i'm on my period, i need around 2 extra hours of sleep each night.

actually, on a related note, it's not uncommon for someone on their period to need extra sleep! i used to just accept my feelings of extreme tiredness as a sympton of my period i couldn't do anything about.
    as it turns out, many women actually need anywhere from 1-4 hours of extra sleep during their period. the reason for it is because the hormonal changes during this time can be very exhausting on the body!
    I'm an atheist-leaning agnostic but things like this remind that maybe God does exist and he just has a really funny sense of humor.

If he/she does exist though he/she also exists just to randomly give men things like receding hairlines that start before they're 20. I have friends that aren't even 30 complaining about significant baldness and acid-reflux while I have managed to pretty much stayed in pretty decent health considering the ~decade of hard drug use I did.

Like I said, God is hilarious once you get to know him/her

Bartimaeus Sex wrote:

Rambo touched on family drama, which I think plagues a lot of people this time of year, and probably contributes to a good deal of overall holiday mental fatigue.

I don’t really have much mental trouble this time of year, and I think that’s probably the reason since I don’t make it home much.
    The lack of stress you seem to have caused by family issues seems so foreign to me that the original verison of this post was me explaining all of my family issues that I feel over-whelmed with so you would feel comfortable with talking about any issues you may have.

That was up until I realized that you might for real really be free of any major family holiday drama that comes as seasonal to us
    You don't cure cancer by feeding it

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nite and Deigh ().