Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
  • Normal
Health/Fitness/Wellness 2018!
  • Hiya, fitness people :)

I've been doing well here. Had to remove some shirts since they had become to small, so that's a good sign. Otherwise, I've bought an ab roller wheel thingy to get in some more variety with the ab workouts. I'm rather happy with it so far, particularly since it was very cheap.

I hope you're all doing well^^
  • I've been lurking here a bit, rather than posting lately - however, I just wanted to say that I'm still plugging away at the diet and I'm now 25 pounds down. I'm managing to fit into a few size 10 dresses now, and I'm really happy.

Unfortunately, I've plateaued, which is incredibly frustrating when I still have over a stone to go. I've tried low-carbing it and upping my exercise, but nothing seems to be working. I'm hugging the very top end of the healthy BMI range for my height, so I'd really like to lose a bit more, especially since I have a hen party coming up, unfortunately after my final fitting!

'Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear.' - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen from 'The Cat Returns'

<3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Katrielle ().

• @Katrielle you’re doing amazing, if you want to lose more weight I’m sure you can do it! You’ve already come so far!

Some things that may help your plateau: double your cardio (that’s what I’m having to do now), so instead of 30 mins I’m doing 60 mins a day (ideally). Also making sure you’re getting a good night’s sleep. Also do you work out in the mornings? If not try switching to mornings because your metabolism will stay strong and continue to burn more calories throughout the day.

Another thing that helped me is making sure I’m standing more often. To include a standing desk at work which is amazing.

Okay also this may sound silly and according to webmd this doesn’t work but I’m telling you it works for me: eat a half grapefruit every morning. Just a half though not a whole one—in my experience half is good but a whole grapefruit is too much fiber bahaha.
  • Thank you, @Winnie! I'm dreadful when it comes to getting a good night's sleep, so I shall make that a priority. I'm not usually up early enough to exercise in the morning haha, so hopefully sleeping better will help with that as well.

I've heard of a diet (can't remember for the life of me what it's called, but frequently browsing wedding forums for solutions to my weight struggles brought me to it) where you have some grapefruit every morning like you said, so there must be some merit to it.

'Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear.' - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen from 'The Cat Returns'

<3
  • Thanks, guys - means a lot. :heart:

I went to weigh in this morning - another 2lb down. That’s 27lb in total - so very nearly two stone! People are telling me how slim I’m looking, and I’m finally starting to believe them.

I was looking through some photos a while ago, trying to give myself a boost, as I’ve felt like giving up a lot lately as the losses have slowed. The difference is between November and a couple of weeks ago.

<3

The post was edited 2 times, last by Katrielle ().

• Got my 2 stone award yesterday - so happy! I’ve now lost 29lb in total. My current weight is 134.5lb, so firmly in the healthy weight bracket for my height.

I suspect my hen weekend in a couple of weeks’ time is going to hit me hard, but I’m going to enjoy it, and be extra good the rest of the time!

<3

• Wooooo I've been soo bad this month x.x
    My weight has been holding steady at 124 (somehow) but I haven't been to the gym in three weeks now..
    Monday I'm starting to go back and hopefully can keep up the 5 days a week that I was getting into.

My goal is to get under 120, and to drop one size, and then stay consistent there.

I want to be able to start running 5k's by the end of the summer, which I know I can do, I just want to get my time from 38 minutes to 30.
    It'll be a lot of work. And I'm picking up a second job so it's not going to be easy to find the time (as a late to bed, late to rise person I go to the gym after work, not before) but I really do want to stick with this. Losing 10 pounds since January was really great and I know I can lose another 8 by the summer if I push and get to the place I really can be happy.

@Katrielle that is AWESOME. Good for you for staying with it!! :)

"Defense against the dark farts, am I right?" -Pennington
    | This spot reserved for Dark Link Reigns |

• Thanks, everyone. :)

@Lady Sunshine, my target is 119 (I’m 5ft 3, so it translates to a BMI of 21), and I’ve made peace with the fact I won’t achieve it before the wedding (and we’re doing a minimoon, so I’ll probably put on a fair bit), but I’d like to get there before our honeymoon, likely to be sometime next year.

@Winnie loving the custom rank!

Your encouragement has really helped. My family haven’t exactly been kind at times (my parents are pretty small without any effort), so reading the nice comments on here really spurs me on.

<3

• I'm in relatively awful bad shape for someone whose 26. Having an 85 pound dog that I walk everyday, quitting cigarettes and drinking less. I also think that I've finally been off the dope long enough to start losing the weight I gained after quitting. I'm still like 280 pounds myself, but I was over 300 back in November/December. I gained the weight really quickly, it was 80 pounds or more in 6 months.

I just lost Healthcare coverage, I don't have a job, I don't have any job experience, I have no diploma other than a GED, I got legal problems that I need to deal with as well as prior convictions, and a bunch of other problems. My life is often frustrating and Im not fulfilled really, but I genuinely feel like my life is improving.

I'm going back to school, I just passed the written driver's test (cause I'm so millennial I waited until 26 to take it), and since I got my id in the mail I can go to that job agency place again. Like nothing super impressive.

While any merit based grading system would probably give me a failing grade or a D at best, that's because you can't merit the dream I'm working with. When the 1980s come back, which they will, there's going to a movie made about me and this time period will be part of the montage scene. I will be played by some tough looking in shape actor and I will totally win over the hot rich girl that I was after the whole time just to turn her down for the also hot lower income girl who always believed in me.

All the hype and my self Romanticism aside, I feel like all things considered I would get a passing grade in a pass or fail situation. You stay positive and keep working on it and through the ups and downs you normally end off better than you began. Like the best you can ever be is getting better/ progression not perfection mentality with life.
  • I lost at one point over 90 lbs when I was a teenager, but to be fair, that was mostly due to stress and this belief that I didn't deserve to eat. At my lowest I was 155 lbs while being 5' 10". Definitely don't do that. There are better ways to lose weight lol

I lost 25 lbs over two months in preparation for a surgery that I had. I do pretty well with the standard weight loss method of exercising, but it obviously doesn't work for everyone.