Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
  • Normal
Health/Fitness/Wellness 2018!
  • I'm certainly happy with what I've achieved this year fitness-wise. It wasn't quite as monumental as last year (when I was pretty much starting from scratch) but I've certainly made good progress.

I've managed to keep the weight off and I'm much happier and more confident with how my body looks.

I've started again with weights, this time with a proper routine provided by my friend, and I've been managing to keep it up three times a week for around 6 months now, and apart from missing the occasional day here and there (but I try to avoid this as much as possible), I've only really taken a break a couple of times - once when I was sick, and once when I was busy digging a pond, which was giving me plenty of exercise. I've certainly noticed the difference, I feel stronger and I'm gradually progressing to bigger weights.

In between I've been cycling a couple of times a week where possible.

Unfortunately the running/training sessions with my friend haven't really happened this year. We did a couple of sessions but he's had a lot going on in his life so one way or another circumstances kept getting in the way. Next year I'm hoping he can give me a routine to follow like he did with the weights, so if he can't make it for one reason or another I can still go on my own.

Seeing results feels good, and motivates me to keep it up, and my confidence is so much better as a result.
  • I've been making something of an effort to eat healthier lately, and a new staple is vegetable sandwiches. It's just vegetables, sautéd in butter or mayonnaise... on a sandwich, maybe with some condiments.
    "But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
    "In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."
    "All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."
    "Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen to-morrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind." There was a long silence.
    "I claim them all," said the Savage at last.
    Mustapha Mond shrugged his shoulders. "You're welcome," he said.

—Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vulpes ().

• I haven't drank soda in... a very long time, regularly. The occasional Ginger Ale is it, other than that it's only water and juice smoothies.

But I must confess, I still like greasy food.

As for exercise... meh. I've lost all ambition here lately. All I have is motivation to write. Work kills me anyway, so when I get home I don't want to do anything lol

I'll get back into it, though. I just need some motivation.

Edit- 2019 resolutions: start working out again, zero greasy food, finally falling in love.

I'm sure if and when those things happen, I'll be able to say 100%, hey, I've gained wellness.
    :ghirahim: :cucco: :look: :tingle: :moon:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Guinea ().

• i'm thinking of doing a complete overhaul of my eating habits after the holidays, maybe sooner. for a little while now, every time i eat i get very ill feeling. it's made worse by even minimal physical exertion. so, i haven't been feeling so shit hot lately.
    my instinct is telling me to back the fuck away from sugar and try to eliminate any processed foods. it gets so bad sometimes that i just need to stop what i'm doing or i'll puke.
    should be fun, putting my willpower to the test and whatnot...
    Come check out the new book club! The Do Over Book Club
  • Colu wrote:

i'm thinking of doing a complete overhaul of my eating habits after the holidays, maybe sooner. for a little while now, every time i eat i get very ill feeling. it's made worse by even minimal physical exertion. so, i haven't been feeling so shit hot lately.
    my instinct is telling me to back the fuck away from sugar and try to eliminate any processed foods. it gets so bad sometimes that i just need to stop what i'm doing or i'll puke.
    You could even start and try with dairy and/or wheat? I know that is a common thing a lot of people cut out and it can do wonders to the body.
  • Brett wrote:

Colu wrote:

i'm thinking of doing a complete overhaul of my eating habits after the holidays, maybe sooner. for a little while now, every time i eat i get very ill feeling. it's made worse by even minimal physical exertion. so, i haven't been feeling so shit hot lately.
    You could even start and try with dairy and/or wheat? I know that is a common thing a lot of people cut out and it can do wonders to the body.
    i'm actually lactose-intolerant, so i'm already ahead of the game there haha. wheat could be a good one though! now that i'm thinking about it, i'm fairly certain i used to eat less of it. i had forgotten about that, thanks!
  • Health Question of the Week:
    Do you meal plan and/or have a particular diet you follow?

This might be a good question because people may be looking for healthy food ideas for after the holidays! Here’s what I’ve been eating lately:

• Breakfast: 1 glass cold water followed by 2 scrambled eggs plain, cooked with butter, 1/2 grapefruit, coffee with high protein almond milk and Splenda.
    • 9am snack because apparently I can’t make it to lunch: cut up peppers or a handful of nuts
    • Lunch: chicken, cauliflower rice, sweet and sour sauce
    • Afternoon snack: yogurt or cut up veggies
    • Dinner: roast beef and cheese with cut up veggies
    • Snack: apple slices with peanut butter
  • i've never done meal planning, but i think it's a great idea. i bring my own lunch to work though, instead of eating the food there. it's always the same: crackers and cheese (with meat and cucumber), and fruit (right now it's pineapple, kiwi, and mandarin orange) with yogurt. if the soup at work isn't a cream soup, then i'll have some soup because we make it fresh everyday and i know what's in it.
  • Hey guys, have you heard of the movie A Year Without A Santa Claus? Well looking back, I realize 2018 was The Year Without A Protein Shake. I say this realizing for the billionth time I bought bananas because "I'm going to eat them this week!" and yet again they are overripe on my counter, sadly awaiting their inevitable demise.

BUT these bananas will have a different fate! Because I'm going to make banana bread this weekend! Muffins AND a loaf! @Colu do you have any suggestions for a good recipe or what to include? Anyway it's almost 2019 guys, get those last workouts in before the new year and then: we train!