Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
  • Fun
How Do You Like Your Coffee?

Post by Aquamentus ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Canyarion wrote:

Do you ever make your own ice coffee? Because it's really close to what you're doing.
    I make ice coffee with instant coffee, just enough water to dissolve it, honey (sugar works too) and a lot of milk. Cheaper and healthier than what you can buy in stores.
    Never tried making ice coffee, but I just googled it and I might try it. It supposedly also reduces the acidity and bitterness if you make it a certain way. But yeah that is close to what I do, my coffee is never hot, can't be bothered with that. Honey also sounds like a good idea, I want to try that.
  • Skywing wrote:

I live in the UK and that's news to me!! We do drink instant coffee, but we drink plenty of filter coffee too. I only drink filter, I don't like instant.
    Hm I was in Northern Ireland and Ireland a while back and I noticed a lot of instant coffee. But maybe it just depended on the situation.

Here in the Netherlands you'd never offer instant coffee to your guests. Many people here would rather drink tea than instant coffee (even though I think that's a bit of an overreaction).
    100% | Finished | Now playing:
    TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
  • My experience in Ireland so far is that an offer of coffee usually means a Nespresso product, but I suppose that may have taken ovet for instant very recently?

Certainly filter-brewed coffee seems rare, not just in the home but in retail as well. Clearly businesses here can't just brew a pot and be confidant they'll sell it all before it goes stale, though that model is basically a pillar of Canadian culture AND the Canadian economy :P
    ~~~
    Although postsocratics like St. Augustine and Judith Butler explored a diverse set of ethical and metaphysical ideas, their unifying feature as a movement was a principled refusal to speculate upon which of the four elements the world was made out of.
    ~~~

boxes is the best human and I am going to get her a kitten or 2 kittens
  • Canyarion wrote:

Skywing wrote:

I live in the UK and that's news to me!! We do drink instant coffee, but we drink plenty of filter coffee too. I only drink filter, I don't like instant.

Hm I was in Northern Ireland and Ireland a while back and I noticed a lot of instant coffee. But maybe it just depended on the situation.
    Here in the Netherlands you'd never offer instant coffee to your guests. Many people here would rather drink tea than instant coffee (even though I think that's a bit of an overreaction).

I'm dutch as well and I got offered instant coffee a few times and I offered it as well.
  • Odd, I recall I posted something about coffee and what I like, but gone missing.

Okay, to say that I hate coffee is too delusional. I do take coffee but on rare occassions, and tney'd be sweet and mild. Strong coffee makes me jitterish & nauseated/sick.

I tried double espresso once, back in Uni, I couldn't even study or do anything responsible as the aftermath due to being too shaky and restless, along with splitting headache and an upset stomach.

WORST. COFFEE EXPERIENCE. EVER.
  • Several months ago I quit coffee.
    :o

After drinking coffee for, say, nearly 20 years, I finally decided that I had had my last cup. I've noticed some differences in my wellbeing after quitting, so I think it was a wise choice. I still do green tea and an occasional black, but it's nothing compared to the volume of coffee I was ingesting around the clock beforehand.
  • Cold turkey! It was very hard on the second or third day.
    (I avoided tea and decaf drinks as well until I totally broke from the caffeine addiction.)

I haven't had any migraine-like headaches since I quit, so I hope that those are gone for good. I was never diagnosed with migraines, but I used to see auras with or without headaches on occasion. (Once it was so bad I thought I was going to puke and my sense of smell went on hyper overdrive, but I was told by a doctor that I can't call them migraines unless I have an official diagnosis.) The REAL benefit, though, is that I feel less anxious overall.

The peak I used to get with concentration and alertness is gone, but I totally lost the low end as well. So I'm just more mellow. Less anxious, less tired. I'm not sure if my sleep is any better, but I don't get nearly as tired as I used to. I never crash in the afternoon, which used to happen sometimes and then I would have to sleep for several hours.

It is possible that my adult acne is moderately improved as well.

:]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jehanne ().

Post by Canyarion ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves: Was pretty off-topic, so never mind! ().
  • 1 weird trick convinced me to never buy instant coffee for my home again.
    Being in a cabin in the middle of nowhere (no coffee machine), one morning I witnessed a friend's girlfriend scoop her coffee grounds directly into her cup, stir, let it sit, and add cream and sugar.
    Not revolutionary, anyone who's had Turkish coffee will tell you, but it simply never occurred to me to do to my morning cup. I don't have a machine now, and probably won't bother for some time.

I prefer my coffee black, but I'll occasionally add some delicious fats to it. This ranges from half-and-half, to whipping cream, to butter, depending on the mood.
  • sinkhole wrote:

coffee grounds directly into her cup, stir, let it sit, and add cream and sugar.
    I don't know the details, but most coffee scientists agree that unfiltered coffee has high doses of unhealthy substances. So you might not want to do that daily.
    100% | Finished | Now playing:
    TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
  • So for my entire life up until about a month ago, I really never drank coffee. Soda was what kept me going. Bad choice, but eh. Everyone has a vice, aye?

Anyway, recently a person in my life has tried to get me to try different coffee. I am a novice, but so far I noticed that I really don't mind my coffee black, however, a little bit of creamer is fine too. As for the type of grounds or beans she uses, I don't know, something from South America. Perhaps if I ever become a coffe connoisseur I will reply back with a more in-depth overview of my coffee experience.
    Well, let’s just say it’s ironic how footage of someone being born can make you want to kill yourself.