Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth
    • So the novellas that come with the physical collector's edition got sent to a few WoW lore youtubers. They greatly expand upon everyone's motivations and opinions about the war...every...single...thing...in these novellas should have been in game. It gives all the most basic character motivations you'd want and need for these events to make sense. This huge story turning point in the game should not rely on supplementary material to make any sense at all. Sylvanas is still an irredeemable monster who has committed the single largest act of genocide in warcraft outside Sargeras smashing entire planets, but we at least understand her paranoid delusional motivation. We actually see some dissent from Saurfang. The novella version of her giving the command to burn it has Saurfang refusing and telling the troops to ignore that order and him being ignored. Sure might have been cool to see that in game.

Tyrande prays to Elune to find Malfurion and Elune influences Saurfang not to kill him. The narration freaking implies Elune herself is trying to act against some secret agenda of Sylvanas's. These are all things that should have been in the game.

Post by ich Will ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves: fuggit ().
    • Tides of Vengeance
      • The Horde and Alliance conflict may feel more distant right now, but that's all about to change.
      • Tides of Vengeance is the next update!
      • Coming to the PTR by the end of the week!

New Content

• The War Campaign continues.
      • Incursions are coming - Similar to Legion Assaults. Horde/Alliance forces will invade an area, turning off World Quests, and adding an objective for the area.
      • New World Quests are coming.
      • Saurfang, Tyrande, and Vol'jin story lines will be advanced.
      • Heritage Armor is coming for other races: Dwarves and Blood Elves. It is unlocked via a racial quest, Exalted and Max Level? You can log in, do the quest, and unlock it!
      • New Warfront - The Battle for Darkshore. Night Elves vs Forsaken. New Structures and Upgrades. Darkshore will have max level character content and zone updates.

Island Expeditions

• Two New Island Expeditions - Jorundall (Vrykul) and Havenswood (Gilnean City)
      • Island Expeditions will have new events and enemies, more variety, holdouts that can be triggered, and Azerite Extraction points that you'll have to depend.
      • Island Expeditions will have major spawning improvements. Won't be uniformly blanketed by spawns. More clusters and hubs, more gaps, more navigability between hubs.

New Raids

• Siege of Zuldazar
        • Different than any raid before.
        • The enemy is the opposite faction, with separate faction experiences.
        • Alliance start at the docks and climb the pyramid, eventually fighting King Rastakhan.
        • The Horde will defend the city, starting outside on the far north of the pyramid. They fight towards Rastakhan, which will be the middle of the raid for them. They then fight Alliance forces down towards harbor, ending with Alliance commanders and Jaina on the high seas.
        • This is two separate six boss experiences.
        • After completing the faction specific experience, you'll be able to experience the other 3 faction bosses that you didn't get to experience firsthand.
        • There are a total of nine new boss encounters.
        • We'll see a new interior of the pyramid that we've never seen before.
      • Crucible of Storms
        • This raid has two bosses and is located under Stormsong Valley,
        • It will be released after Zuldazar.
        • There will be supporting world content.
        • Hints at influence of Queen Azshara

System Improvements

• Class updates, new Azerite Traits, new profession recipes, Gnomeregan Pet Battle Dungeon, and more!
      • Team has learned from the Azerite Traits, current ones are a floor in terms of complexity, new traits with more complexity coming.
      • Replacements are coming for traits that are not interesting or effective.
      • In the past, first Tier set bonuses were simpler, with more complex ones coming later.
      • Map and Reputation improvements are coming.
      • Champion of Azeroth reputation will be effectively account wide. If you are already Revered, you can level an alt and go get your upgrades right away at Level 120.
      • Reputation restricted transmog items will have restrictions removed.
      • Progress towards the X Number of Exalted reputations achievements will be account wide.
      • In the events following the raid, we should be able to recruit the Kul Tiran and Zandalari Allied Races. If you are Exalted with the Zandalari / Proudmoore and played through the War Campaign, that's enough, nothing additional to do.

So this is basically this expansion's Trial of Valor patch. The stuff they showed off on stream has me optimistic. Things have been pretty good so far. The only thing I'd chalk up as a significant negative is the state of shamans. I haven't leveled mine yet, but things are apparently pretty bad.
    • Neat! I just saw the stream as well. I'm actually most looking forward to the Crucible of Storms. I'd like to see the story there.
      (And I'd love to see the Gilnean island)

I've been having fun with the expansion as well. The only thing bothering me is that it's hard to get a mage weapon :p Most of my things are 340+, but my staff is like 282 and I haven't found anything new. I don't do many dungeons and I haven't tried the new raid, but I kind of feel it shouldn't be necessary to get a weapon after doing regular quests.
    • Hoju wrote:

I'm kind of tempted to go back and try it. I left off with a level 90 DK in the mists expansion. What can I expect to look forward to if I go back to it?
      Give it a shot, it's quite fun, and viable for casual play. I added a 2-month card and I'm enjoying it so far. It's not to be taken seriously like Vanilla up to WotLK so much, it's very different, but casually it's alright. That said, I might switch to Classic when it comes out.
      "Can't post that on a Christian forum."
    • I caught up on some expansions a few years ago. I enjoyed going through the good and big quest chains, like the Worgen/Undead conflict in WotLK.

But it also overwhelmed me. Before I finished 2 new areas, my character was already hopelessly overleveled, making questing way too easy.
      I think they may have changed the way difficulty works in different areas though, so maybe that's not a problem anymore. Still, there's so much to do and you might feel lost.

Something that annoyed me was how hard it was to find people for the lower level instances. And when you do, it's random people from other realms, who don't even bother to say 'hi' to you.

Ah yeah, I think you'll find that it's not the friendly and chatty place that it was years ago. Many people don't want to bother with newbies. And you'll be (almost) alone in most areas. That gave me a very sad and lonely feeling, no people around in areas that were designed for large groups of players.
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • I just resubbed a few days ago.
      I'm running through the Warlords expansion content right now at level 93 on my DK. So far it looks pretty good. I'm actually seeing a few of my old buddies still playing it so that's encouraging.

Was tempted to grab BFA and do the instant boost but I also don't want to miss the content as I've always loved the Warcraft lore. If I'm still having fun by 110 I'll grab BFA and continue.
    • Canyarion wrote:

But it also overwhelmed me. Before I finished 2 new areas, my character was already hopelessly overleveled, making questing way too easy.I think they may have changed the way difficulty works in different areas though, so maybe that's not a problem anymore. Still, there's so much to do and you might feel lost.

Yeah, the leveling rate used to be quite a lot higher than the quest line completion rate in zones :p The world seems to scale fairly well to me (within their brackets), but I haven't been leveling that much since the change. I've only played it what used to be 20-30 zones, but they worked well in that regard!

Hoju wrote:

I just resubbed a few days ago.
      I'm running through the Warlords expansion content right now at level 93 on my DK. So far it looks pretty good. I'm actually seeing a few of my old buddies still playing it so that's encouraging.

Was tempted to grab BFA and do the instant boost but I also don't want to miss the content as I've always loved the Warcraft lore. If I'm still having fun by 110 I'll grab BFA and continue.
      I feel you, questing through the story is the main joy for me. I vastly preferred Legion over Warlords, but that's inherently personal preference :p

I hope you'll have fun :)
    • Just letting everyone know who is thinking of signing back up to WoW, Blizzard has a deal going on right now. Buy 180 days worth of play time (about 6 months), and get a free flying pirate ship mount.

I'm going for it, as soon as my husband figures out my graphics problem with BfA.

wowhead.com/news=287276/blizza…-capn-crackers-battle-pet

BotW Zelda in her purple Hylian Gear, by my husband, D4rkSilver
    • I'm pretty interested in the story direction the night elves are going. Basically Tyrande is once again impatient as hell and runs off to reclaim Darkshore herself because Anduin has the rest of the alliance's forces committed to Arathi and Zandalar and can't retake the night elf homeland. Genn is currently righteously pissed at the Forsaken because the Gilneans including his wife were all already refugees among the night elves that had saved their people from going feral. So Genn says the Gilneans will assist Tyrande in retaking Darkshore. Tyrande then invokes the fucking dark side of the moon to take on the militant aspect of Elune herself and goes hardcore on every forsaken she can find. She's rambo with the backing of a goddess. Lots of other more spoilery stuff I won't go into, but Doin that questline to help her unlocks the Night Warrior customization for night elves that gives them a unique skin tone and black eyes like they're fucking possessed by a demon in the show Supernatural.

Violetlight wrote:

Just letting everyone know who is thinking of signing back up to WoW, Blizzard has a deal going on right now. Buy 180 days worth of play time (about 6 months), and get a free flying pirate ship mount.

I'm going for it, as soon as my husband figures out my graphics problem with BfA.

wowhead.com/news=287276/blizza…-capn-crackers-battle-pet
      Would like to add, its not just that you get the mount, but you're also just saving 12 dollars on the 6 months of game time.
    • Got my graphics issue sorted out and bought the game time bundle! It's nice to play again after so long.

I like the new talent trees better than the little I saw of Legion's. Glad to have my Camouflage back for my Hunter, and I love having 2 pets out at once! My little raptor's seeing her first use since WotLK, and she complements my devilsaur so well! Need to get down to Un'Goro at some point and snag a Pterrodax!

I was mostly doing Darkmoon Faire stuff yesterday. I need about 500 more faire coupons on my warlock to get the little blimp mount.

Haven't seen any of the BoA content yet, since my highest level toon is lvl 102. What's the new level cap again? I think I'll just level her up through Timewalking Dungeons. Really have no interest in Legion stuff.

BotW Zelda in her purple Hylian Gear, by my husband, D4rkSilver
    • And... like that I kinda stopped playing it. To be honest I really don't feel like raiding, and I've kinda maxed out my character from Heroics (barring tiny upgrades), and they are getting old. Alts don't help much either, it's getting very repetitive. Welp, I have another couple months that I bought from Tokens with gold, but I don't see myself logging in much. I liked the expansion, but it's just like a single player game, you play it a bit, you finish it, there isn't much fun to be had in the endgame.
      "Can't post that on a Christian forum."
    • Given much time to Island expeditions? I find when I'm not raiding or doing my daily emissary that's where I go. They're just repetitive enough for me. They're all just a little different and there's new items to buy with dubloons each week. My favorite week was when we had explosive charges that launch you into the distance to your nearest ally.

Could also step up to mythic. That's where all the mounts drop too. The parrot from Freehold, the crawg from underrot, the raptor from king's rest.

| | Charlie "Angel" Duval | The Caretaker
      Sprites by Lady Knives

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dybia ().

• I'm up to level 99 on my Death Knight. Just playing casually right now. It seems like I leveled pretty fast because it doesn't feel like I covered a whole lot of Draenor and now I'm already starting Legion content. I might go back to the Draenor content at some point for the sake of lore and completion.

If any fellow horde players want to add me. My blizzard tag is: Daimonos#1750