Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Is Breath of the wild a start of a new timeline???!!!
    • gamtos wrote:

zeldaloverhater wrote:

Please tell me how there is absolutely zero chance that BotW can take place in the DT.
      Excuse me while I go shout at a wall.
      I understand you're the type to have people either agree with you, or they be wrong. But not when you present such a silly idea.

Now, before you bitch and moan AGAIN, not once did I say he was spot on because not everything I agree with, but to suggest he's flat out wrong and that the OP suggests there's a new timeline? LOL!

You clearly have issues with your eyes if you can't tell the two colours apart. Wrong. Wrong. Zelda's speech is also in different languages. FSA granted, yet it takes from ALttP. Agreed. Agreed. Wrong.

There are two instances where you're on to something of great value to contribute, and then you fall flat. It's really disappointing. I expected more.

/thread

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dark Link Reigns ().

Post by zeldaloverhater ().

This post was deleted by Dark Link Reigns: Response to deleted post and also unnecessary ().
    • Mod note:

Guys, I'm saying this once:

Play nice. This is thread about a game set in a fictional world. Do not make this personal.

This is a warning for all of you. If this behavior continues, it will result in infractions.

Do not let it come to that.

Sig made by Lady Sunshine

This spot is reserved for the the most wonderful girl in the world - Ladysunshine

Come check out my Youtube channel - just a couple guys sitting around, drinking and playing games while insulting each other: Thirsty Bros. Gaming

Also, I am taking on BotW challenges right here: DLR takes BotW challenges
    • zeldaloverhater wrote:

I understand you're the type to have people either agree with you, or they be wrong.

Well, as you pointed out, I have 16,000 posts on this forum so in my large experience, that's usually the case.

But not when you present such a silly idea.

What did I present? Please quote me on it.

If you want me to show you how the quote system works I'd be happy to, because when you say "Wrong. Agreed. Wrong." I have no idea what you're responding to.

not once did I say he was spot on because not everything I agree with

I never said you did. I simply pointed out everything that was wrong with his arguments, and unfortunately that basically includes the entire video.

but to suggest he's flat out wrong

I never did. The DT is a logical placement, just not for any of the reasons he's mentioned.

and that the OP suggests there's a new timeline? LOL!

If you read through the thread you can see I disagree with the OP.

You clearly have issues with your eyes if you can't tell the two colours apart.

I can clearly tell the difference between what is intentionally and clearly a yellow band (the cap of the hero) and what's a faded chartreuse at best (the cap of the wild).

Yes, the tunic of the wild does have a passing resemblance to the oldschool tunics. But the devs go hard on the yellow in every other instance. Even Triforce Heroes has a very clear yellow band, whereas the Tunic of the Wild clearly shies away from this extreme.

Zelda's speech is also in different languages.

Yes, but the original Japanese is the one that matters in this case.

There are two instances where you're on to something of great value to contribute, and then you fall flat. It's really disappointing. I expected more.

The sentiment is mutual. I would love to hear you bring in your own arguments or mention what parts of Matpat's video you agree and disagree with, but I mostly hear personal attacks and strawman arguments like
      "Please tell me how there is absolutely zero chance that BotW can take place in the DT."
      which is not at all what I claimed.

I hope to see more lover and less hater in your reply. If you feel that's not possible, there's always private messages.

Partial signature credit to Eternalegend

The post was edited 3 times, last by gamtos ().