Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Is Breath of the wild a start of a new timeline???!!!
    • THE LORD VALORN wrote:

in the adult timeline after the destruction of Old Hyrule the pirates travel to a new world to live and build on too... maybe botw is like the same or a start of a new; timeline of the adult era. Think about it. In the wind waker old Hyrule was destroyed. skip the phantom hourglass, like zelda waited 10,000 years to wake up link in the shrine of resurrection, to spirit tracks Tetra rebuilds New Hyrule. In Breath of the wild, Zelda puts Link in the shrine of resurrection to heal Link's wounds for the future coming of the calamity Ganon.
      do you guy's get what i'm tryin to say? do you guy's think that botw should be a start of an NEW TIMELINE? I't should make sense if the game won't fit in the original timeline.
      WE ARE TENKAI FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Check out ALL of my other Youtube channels:
      youtube.com/channel/UCKkpgRb74yroa2XelXDHrlg/videos
      ( MAIN CHANNEL),
      youtube.com/channel/UCG3TE-B01GUV4rKzfLF7_aQ
      (2nd Channel),
      and: youtube.com/channel/UCeR1MdUQlBksuXE2OMg0G1w
      (SPECIAL CHANNEL)

!!!I DON'T RECOMMEND THE LAST 2 CHANNELS!!!
    • gamtos wrote:

Then it shouldn't have any resemblance to any games in other timelines.
      Basically, this "new timeline" should contain aspects of every single other timeline that gets referenced by BOTW, without being excluded by any of them.

As with the merge, it raises more issues than it answers.
      Spirit tracks didn't have that much of a "resemblance" of ANY other zelda game! Why not Breath of the wild, being a NEW timeline? I should go talk to Nintendo about this?
      ( MAIN CHANNEL),
      (2nd Channel),
      (SPECIAL CHANNEL)

• Spirit Tracks was functionally, graphically, chronologically and thematically equivalent to Phantom Hourglass, that's why both games are on the same timeline.

The only major differences are that Link rode a train instead of a boat and was helped by Zelda's spirit instead of a fairy.

Please give some arguments concerning:
      1. Why BotW can't be on any timeline
      2. Why a fourth timeline would fix the issues you have with the other three.

Partial signature credit to Eternalegend

The post was edited 1 time, last by gamtos ().

• LOL, ok so then... you mean that this thread is USELESS?

OBVIOUSLY SO ;( ;( :D :mob: :mob: :mob:
      ( MAIN CHANNEL),
      (2nd Channel),
      (SPECIAL CHANNEL)

• gamtos wrote:

Spirit Tracks was functionally, graphically, chronologically and thematically equivalent to Phantom Hourglass, that's why both games are on the same timeline.

The only major differences are that Link rode a train instead of a boat and was helped by Zelda's spirit instead of a fairy.

Please give some arguments concerning:
      1. Why BotW can't be on any timeline
      2. Why a fourth timeline would fix the issues you have with the other three.
      Ok, for #1: nobody knows where Botw can fit on the timeline, I think that it should fit in between WW and OOT, before ALTTP, and In between TP and MM.

And for#2: to be honest I have to put some thought into that question but in my opinion, the new timeline should have "connections" to the other 3 timelines like for instance, The adult timeline ganon comes back and tries to destroy Hyrule but instead the king of Hyrule destroys the land. The "downfall" timeline is where Link loses the battle with ganon and Hyrule basically destroys itself after the sealing of ganon and the decline of the blood of the goddess. And finally the child timeline BARELY has ANYTHING to do with Link being a child after MM, but TP and FSA looks like adults. so the new timeline should be called the " incline timeline" because of the destruction of Hyrule in the "downfall" timeline, the return of the hero in the Adult timeline and the Child timeline too. So there's a PART of my explanation of why Botw should start a timeline. please ues DEEP thought when reading this Gamtos.
      ( MAIN CHANNEL),
      (2nd Channel),
      (SPECIAL CHANNEL)

• gamtos wrote:

Do not patronize me.

BOTW is the last game on whatever timeline it's on. I have mentioned the developer statement on this at the top of this page. You +liked that comment.

Hyrule was only wiped out in the AT. I don't understand your issues with the other two.
      ok listen, here's THE REAL REASON why I think BOTW SHOULD BE A START OF A NEW TIMELINE.

#1.) What we all know
      no one knows where it should fit in the recent timeline, it HAS TO BE after OOT;where all of the other timelines split, and (for what I was told) has more technology than the other s so it has to take place after ST.

where I think it should go
      like I said before no one knows where it fits of goes in the timeline. so as you know that must desendants in Link's family are shown or noticed in most zelda games right?

so my thought is maybe.. just..maybe BOTW should branch off AFTER OOT and make a new timeline like the thread says,

also connecting forward to the timeline it's after OOT and before WW somewhere between that space should a new game should also branch out from that placement too, in connection of that

maybe Link from ST had a child and learned about "old Hyrule" and decided to head BACK to the ruins of either, "the great sea"(ww) = the great plateau (BOTW), Lon Lon ranch (OOT) = Lon Lon ranch (BOTW),

n how spreaded apart it is, etc. Another is that maybe this new timeline should be a construction period, instead of a everlasting reincarnation cycle which has starting to get old now, if that's not a option then if there are reincarnations of enemies than let new ones or old ones rather than Ganon come back.

And for#2: to be honest I have to put some thought into that question but in my opinion, the new timeline should have "connections" to the other 3 timelines like for instance, The adult timeline ganon comes back and tries to destroy Hyrule but instead the king of Hyrule destroys the land. The "downfall" timeline is where Link loses the battle with ganon and Hyrule basically destroys itself after the sealing of ganon and the decline of the blood of the goddess. And finally the child timeline BARELY has ANYTHING to do with Link being a child after MM, but TP and FSA looks like adults. so the new timeline should be called the " incline timeline" because of the destruction of Hyrule in the "downfall" timeline, the return of the hero in the Adult timeline and the Child timeline too. So there's a PART of my explanation of why Botw should start a timeline. please ues DEEP thought when reading this Gamtos.
      ( MAIN CHANNEL),
      (2nd Channel),
      (SPECIAL CHANNEL)

• zeldaloverhater wrote:

He leaves very elaborate evidence and you won't even give it a thought because "he's a fraud". I'll take the guy that's done something with his life over someone with over 16,000 posts on a forum.
      That would be your mistake then. The “elaborate” evidence is remarkably speculative, occasionally wrong, and often out of context.

Meanwhile, those 16,000 posts do contain logical reasoning, in context, with actual support from the source material.

Except for the riddles.
    • zeldaloverhater wrote:

He leaves very elaborate evidence and you won't even give it a thought because "he's a fraud". I'll take the guy that's done something with his life over someone with over 16,000 posts on a forum.
      Big angry rant in spoilers because I'm ashamed to take this personal attack seriously.

Display Spoiler

Tunic of the wild on the left, tunic of the hero (Amiibo exclusive) on the right.

• The hat does not have a yellow band. It has a light green band. You can see this effect more clearly when you dye the hat in the Kochi dye shop, it's just a lighter shade of whatever color you dye it. If they wanted the tunic of the wild to clearly be the fallen hero timeline tunic, they wouldn't have given us an actual version of the fallen hero timeline tunic. And notice how it's very easy to see what a yellow band actually looks like when you put them side-by-side.
      • Lynels being DT exclusive is nothing special. Many enemies were thought to be timeline exclusive until it turned out they were not; until Spirit Tracks, Bulblins were CT exclusive. Until FSA, the Helmaroc King was AT exclusive. Until Phantom Hourglass, the Hinox were DT exclusive.
      • The Rock Salt being a reference to the Lanayru Sand Sea makes fuck-all sense. The Lanayru Sand Sea was only a small portion of the map, when we revert time on it it's clear the water did not cover a mountain and more importantly, if all that salt was in the desert then why didn't we see any of it in Skyward Sword.
      • He missed the entire part about Zelda's speech where she makes references to the DT and AT as well. Instead he just dismisses the line for... no reason at all??
      • "Spectacle Rock is only found in the failed hero games" No it's not and half of the games he shows there don't even take place in Hyrule, further proving that location can be wherever they want it to be.
      • He makes a big point about the geography matching up so well to ALttP's map, and the existence of Spectacle Rock, but he fails to mention that Spectacle rock in all those games is in the north-east whereas here it's in the south-west.
      • If he paid a bit more attention to map names like "spectacle rock" he would also find names like "Linebeck Island", "Mabe Village Ruins" and "Mikau Lake", named after locations and people who did not exist on the same timeline or even on the same physical plane of existence, let alone Hyrule. And then maybe he would stop pretending like Spectacle Rock is a huge clue.
      • "We never see him in his Gerudo form in the failed hero timeline" and we never see him not looking like a giant blue pig version of Bowser in the DT, and yet, he looks nothing like that as Calamity Ganon.
        You can focus on what isn't there but then you neglect to see that:
        • Ganondorf was trying to regain humanoid form. He has a humanoid skull when he emerges from the cocoon.
        • Ganondorf goes through phases that reflect his Puppet Ganon battle.
        • Ganondorf's final form bears way more resemblance to his Twilight Princess beast form than anything else.
        • Calamity Ganon is never called a Demon King, or even a Demon at all. MatPat ignores everything about Calamity Ganon except for the fact that he's not a Gerudo.

He ignores every single other piece of evidence for anything in the discussion. His refutations are weak. He ignores the fact that if there's clear, intentional references to all three timelines then Nintendo clearly wasn't hinting towards the DT alone.

And the best part is?
      This video was proven wrong by the developers months ago, who said they hadn't even thought of a placement yet.

So there's your /thread.

Don't ever question me again.

@Octorocker love you too buddy.

Partial signature credit to Eternalegend

The post was edited 5 times, last by gamtos ().

• gamtos wrote:

zeldaloverhater wrote:

Big angry rant in spoilers because I'm ashamed to take this personal attack seriously.
      Display Spoiler

Tunic of the wild on the left, tunic of the hero (Amiibo exclusive) on the right.

• The hat does not have a yellow band. It has a light green band. You can see this effect more clearly when you dye the hat in the Kochi dye shop, it's just a lighter shade of whatever color you dye it. If they wanted the tunic of the wild to clearly be the fallen hero timeline tunic, they wouldn't have given us an actual version of the fallen hero timeline tunic. And notice how it's very easy to see what a yellow band actually looks like when you put them side-by-side.
      • Lynels being DT exclusive is nothing special. Many enemies were thought to be timeline exclusive until it turned out they were not; until Spirit Tracks, Bulblins were CT exclusive. Until FSA, the Helmaroc King was AT exclusive. Until Phantom Hourglass, the Hinox were DT exclusive.
      • The Rock Salt being a reference to the Lanayru Sand Sea makes fuck-all sense. The Lanayru Sand Sea was only a small portion of the map, when we revert time on it it's clear the water did not cover a mountain and more importantly, if all that salt was in the desert then why didn't we see any of it in Skyward Sword.
      • He missed the entire part about Zelda's speech where she makes references to the DT and AT as well. Instead he just dismisses the line for... no reason at all??
      • "Spectacle Rock is only found in the failed hero games" No it's not and half of the games he shows there don't even take place in Hyrule, further proving that location can be wherever they want it to be.
      • He makes a big point about the geography matching up so well to ALttP's map, and the existence of Spectacle Rock, but he fails to mention that Spectacle rock in all those games is in the north-east whereas here it's in the south-west.
      • If he paid a bit more attention to map names like "spectacle rock" he would also find names like "Linebeck Island", "Mabe Village Ruins" and "Mikau Lake", named after locations and people who did not exist on the same timeline or even on the same physical plane of existence, let alone Hyrule. And then maybe he would stop pretending like Spectacle Rock is a huge clue.
      • "We never see him in his Gerudo form in the failed hero timeline" and we never see him not looking like a giant blue pig version of Bowser in the DT, and yet, he looks nothing like that as Calamity Ganon.

You can focus on what isn't there but then you neglect to see that:
      • Ganondorf was trying to regain humanoid form. He has a humanoid skull when he emerges from the cocoon.
      • Ganondorf goes through phases that reflect his Puppet Ganon battle.
      • Ganondorf's final form bears way more resemblance to his Twilight Princess beast form than anything else.
      • Calamity Ganon is never called a Demon King, or even a Demon at all. MatPat ignores everything about Calamity Ganon except for the fact that he's not a Gerudo.

He ignores every single other piece of evidence for anything in the discussion. His refutations are weak. He ignores the fact that if there's clear, intentional references to all three timelines then Nintendo clearly wasn't hinting towards the DT alone.

And the best part is?
      This video was proven wrong by the developers months ago, who said they hadn't even thought of a placement yet.

So there's your /thread.

Don't ever question me again.

@Octorocker love you too buddy.

Please tell me how there is absolutely zero chance that BotW can take place in the DT. It's the one that makes the most logical sense. I'll keep questioning you as it's amusing to see you get so worked up and still be proven wrong while I have to put little effort into my argument and still come out victorious.

My original beliefs were it took place in the child timeline due to certain things, and there is zero chance it can take place in the adult timeline.

Oh, and didn't the developers also deny that the Hero's Shade was the Hero of Time?

/thread