Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mafiarina of Time - Nobody Expects Sabbo
  • Tri Force wrote:

    Ruki wrote:

    Well for one thing I’m a major target for watching, protection etc. So BECAUSE I’m a major voice I’m a terrible Day 1 target until shade can be thrown at me to make me suspicious. But hey, come at me bro.
    I can actually relate to that.
    And say that you where protected last night.
    Oh did people try to kill me last night? Did I mess up Mafia plans? I’m sorry, I do that a lot.

    :heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
  • Okay.



    So far, I have no reads except Pennington as mafia for some reason.

    And the noobs could be too, but I don't want to vote them, because I know exactly how they feel.

    Although, they aren't posting spam like I did in my first/second games.
    BWAYHA! Don't take me seriously all the time. :derp:

    My characters: Orthane Raker


    <-------This spot is dedicated to Sydney, who brought me, Epic, and B-rod together. Epic then brought me and B-rod to all of you.-------->
  • Dark Link Reigns wrote:

    Tri Force wrote:

    Is it illegal to change your ideas? I don't read the entire thread 3 times to make sure I got everything, I have work to do.
    Like, that's part of the game though?
    To be able to catch people making mistakes you pretty much have to go back and re-read the thread.

    Also, I'm not sure what you mean by illegal to change your ideas - it's completely fine to change your ideas/opinions but if you do, be prepared to be scrutinized for it if you can't provide solid reasoning behind doing so.
    Yeah. Like if at first you appear to be a cat that’s learning how to type, and then all of a sudden reveal you’re super smart, then you’re Cookie Dough.

    (Or toast. )

    (Or cookies.) :cookiemonster:
  • Tri Force wrote:

    So far, I have no reads except Pennington as mafia for some reason.
    This doesn't cut it.

    You say Pennington is scum but all you can say for reasoning is "for some reason"?

    I know you are still relatively new to mafia, but you've played enough now to know that this doesn't fly.

    If you have suspicions of someone, they have to be founded on SOMETHING, like anything at all besides "I don't really know why, I just do".

    Even when people post gut feelings they still give some reasoning for why they feel that way.

    Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs
  • That doesn’t cut it though. You have to give a reason why. If you read my posts, I go into pretty good detail on why I think people are scummy.

    Also I would like to hear from some other people.

    @Sabbo Who do you think is Mafia? Who do you trust?
    @Elias Thompson Do you still think I’m hiding something?
    @‘HarmonicalHero’ Who do you think we should lynch today? What did you think of my analysis?
    @‘Lady Sunshine’ Caught up yet? Any questions you may have? Any observations?

    :heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
  • Tri Force wrote:

    Now, I think they might be Third Party, a Zora or something, because they typed in blue, and mentioned fishing.
    I should have clarified there too. The blue text is something I started my first game as a statement that I would die defending as true. I call it the Blue Truth, which to me means "This statement is true and without any trick." I use it sparingly because I take it very seriously.

    But that aside, I'm glad we seem to be moving past my color blindness. It's harder for me to comb through everything for exactness, but here are my top thoughts:

    Froyo is super suspicious. I still don't know where to put him, and I still don't really want to vote for him because he was over-enthusiastic and trying to draw attention to himself in the first hours of the game. I don't think the former should be punished, but since a lot of people have issues, and I've seen some defensiveness and running around after that fact, he's still on my suspicion list.

    I want Linkle investigated. I'm keeping Prinny (Now Lady Sunshine), Tri Force, and DLR as associated with her for whichever way one flips. Until I can otherwise feel assured, I'm putting them all in the same category.

    In fact, I'm going to [vote]Tri Force[/vote] for now based on that assumption and the small wagon forming.

    I feel pretty confident in Ruki and fairly so on Chlo. No other deep thoughts on the others yet.

    Elias, talk to us! :o
  • HarmonicalHero wrote:

    I think Elias is pretty suspicious too. But I know people who vote random are often 3rd Party, as they don’t care who lives or dies. But if he’s just new to Mafia, that could be another explanation.


    I am new to Mafia, but, as long as I have time to, I'm happy to offer any clarification for the reasoning behind my action that you need to be convinced that I serve the best interests of the town.

    Ruki wrote:

    @Linkle I would like to [...] change investigation to Elias and HarmonicalHero.

    For the investigation, Elias really hasn't participated much beyond finding me suspicious because I'm the leader of the town or something lol. And it's usually Mafia who have the most to gain to getting rid of loud town voices. I personally would like to look into a low lying player that hasn't been participating much as well.


    Ruki wrote:

    @Elias Thompson Do you still think I’m hiding something?


    Ruki wrote:

    You know how town loses? Big voices get killed off and Mafia takes control of the day thread, and nobody talks or generates content.


    Mafia taking control of the day thread is more or less exactly why I was suspicious of you on Day 1, Ruki. You aren't as suspicious to me now as you were back then, and, as I said on Day 1, the main reason I didn't switch my vote away from you at the end of the day was that I didn't have a whole lot of other people on my own suspect list. That has now changed.

    Xenovent wrote:

    Elias - are you still suspicious of Ruki? You were also wondering about my lack of fight about my potential lynch. Did you find my reaction convincing, or not?


    I didn't really find your reaction all that convincing, but, as I thought about how I would react if I had been in your shoes, I understood it. It wasn't quite enough to sway my vote last minute to you, but, at the dawn of the second day you were probably at the top of my suspect list, both for reasons others have brought up and my reason for Ruki that I listed above.

    Dark Link Reigns wrote:

    assuming you've all read up on the events of yesterday, who do you distrust the most at this point? Please provide reasoning behind your responses besides "I just have a gut feeling".


    To be honest, Ruki and HarmonicalHero's breakdowns saved me a lot of my own research for this post. Going back to mafia trying to subvert the town by planting seeds of doubt in their own. Based on how I see things, here's a likely scenario in my opinion: Froyo takes the early bandwagon. If he's mafia, his mafia peers slowly try to get suspicion on someone else. noworry and HarmonicalHero voted for Bolero at around the same, and that caught on enough to get them killed. He was town. Right now, both noworry and HarmonicalHero are suspicious to me for turning the tide away from Froyo, but it could be only one of them, or neither, with the others who jumped on the wagon being the real mafia. Either way, it's seen by me as an effort to protect Froyo, and right now there's no one higher on my list.

    [vote]Froyo[/vote]
    Check out Realms of the Wild, a Zelda RPG show, on the Zelda Universe Twitch channel!
  • Well, well, well... I can't seem to think of any suspects except noworry and Froyo.

    Just as Chloroform said (if he is right), the chances of a newbie being a scum are high. And I am not a scum. So the chances of noworry being a scum are very high. He has also not posted much content. But, as a newbie I can very much understand his problems.

    Froyo from D1 is posting some very suspicious content like being a slave to Ganon and has been suspecting Pavlova and Linkle mainly because they are against his line of thoughts.

    [vote]Froyo[/vote]

    Because of the above reasons.

    Bye then, I am gonna sleep.
  • *blinks at Mr.Miyamoto post*

    OK so there is just so much wrong there I don’t know where to begin. So let’s begin.

    1) Just because noworry is scum doesn’t automatically mean you aren’t. That’s not how it works.
    2) noworry has posted more content than you
    3) The resistance is the Mafia in this. This has been pretty clear in terms of flavor I feel?
    4) That’s … that’s not why Froyo was arguing against them, at least not Pav.

    Did … did you even read the thread?

    :heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
  • kodachrome wrote:

    Wasn’t the Port Mafia in BSD mafia mostly newbies? Off the top of my head I remember we had a couple of older players but they got lynched/daykilled early in the game. I remember Chloroform and I were doing our best to hold our own but we were still very new to it.

    Ahh nostalgia... But yeah.. after playing a few more games after my first, I've realized that this is true. Roles are being randomly assigned almost 99.9% of the recent games i've played/ spectated. So 3-4 newbies on the mafia side is not something new and is very likely to be possible in this game.


    Ruki wrote:

    Next we should try to discuss who she would have. I think it wouldn’t be anyone on the Top 3 lynch candidates (so Xeno and Froyo) nor anyone who wasn’t really participating. So we should look at the major voices of yesterday who were pushing conversation forward.
    If I were on Kaylin's shoes, my recruit would be the stronger players, particularly:


    • Mordred (my first pick because she's vet)
    • Ruki (dangerous, but still a strong and loud player, so if she's town she will make a pretty good ally.. although I would not pick her the first night just for precautions. The last game where she was scum she pretty much convinced everyone she is town and with that, I don't think kaylin would pick her out of the 20 other players first.)
    • HH (this is just due to the fact that HH makes a pretty good mason as per his last game)
    • Sabbo, Linkle (not too loud, but makes strong valid arguments)

    Dark Link Reigns wrote:

    Also, just because you think the rest of us did a good job with reasoning for who we think is scum, we still want to hear your thoughts and opinions on who you think is scum. (THIS IS DLR's RESPONSE TO MR.MIYAMOTO's POST)

    Mr.Miyamoto wrote:


    Why should I? Only because I didn't post something and did a random vote? I did a random vote, sorry to say only because of my ignorance of knowing anything about Mafia. The rules weren't cleared to me at that time although I read them at wherever they were written. I didn't post something because I just wanted to observe you people, how you all are doing. I didn't had a reason why I should post. You all did a good reasoning about whoever is a scum, I don't seem to observe anything more than what you people did.
    One thing more, I sleep 4 to 5 hours before the EOD, the time where the majority of the people vote and post about whoever is the scum.
    And so far, the only suspect I believe is Froyo as he is suspecting some unexpected people like Pavlova and Linkle for some clumsy reasons.

    A lot has been said during day 1 and it wouldn't hurt to voice out your opinion regarding what your think how each player has been acting during the whole day. E.g. Xeno's slip up and Froyo's aggressive remarks.

    I didn't post something because I just wanted to observe you people, how you all are doing. I didn't had a reason why I should post.

    You should have a reason to post since you were acting very anti town by randomly voting just for the heck of it. If you are town, you should be *helping* town generate more content. By staying silent it's almost as if you were just waiting for the fuzz about you to die down while town looks for a more suitable lynch candidate. You're reply today doesn't help clear your innocence either. Don't just post for the sake of checking in.. As what DLR mentioned, make your post count.

    mr.miyamoto wrote:

    You all did a good reasoning about whoever is a scum, I don't seem to observe anything more than what you people did.

    if this is your main reason why you don't have any opinions regarding the previous lynch, deaths and wagon, then I'm calling it a typical survival tactic for scum.

    [vote] Mr. Miyamoto [/vote]

    You never really answered Ruki's question on why we shouldn't lynch you today. (All you did was reacted defensively) Are you of any importance to town? My vote stays unless you can convince us or give us any valid reason why your head should not be on the chopping block.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Chloroform: Edited the bullets were all over the place :( ().

  • Holy my god. Alright uh, hey guys, finally caught up, ish, that was a lot to wade through.

    Uh quoting first:




    Don Saltine wrote:

    Of course if Kaylin did try to recruit her friends and that friend turned out to be Mafia that doesn't really look good for Pavlova or kodachrome. If she tried to recruit a more vocal person then Ruki, DLR, Xenovent, or Froyo are also not looking too innocent either. If more people are inclined to believe this scenario is true I think we should focus our attention on one of those people, although admittedly it's not exactly a short list.
    I agree with Don here. If Kaylin did choose a friend, I would believe it to be koda over pav, from the interactions I've read through the last two days. If it was someone vocal, I would've chosen Ruki or DLR hands down.


    Saboo wrote:

    Regarding the mason thing: Multiple recruiters are possible, but unlikely. Unless they were all 1-shot (and there were no more than three), it would be far too powerful.
    Also, it is entirely reasonable for a Weak Recruiter to intentionally target someone they think might be scum, in the intention for their masonry friend/s to out the target as scum should the recruiter die (or if they don't die, then they get a new member. Win-Win.) The trouble there though is if the rest of the masonry can't prove their connection to the dead recruiter due to a lack of Day 1 breadcrumbing, or poor breadcrumbing.
    EDIT: Elaboration on the multiple recruiter thing... While I did say it's possible, it's never happened here before. Take that as you will.
    This. I think from D1, it would be almost impossible to have a read on town or scum. I think it would be a crapshoot, with either of these results. That is, if there was more than one mason in the mason chat N1, and if that other mason would be able to tell whether the attempted recruit was mafia or town. It's possible the other mason(s) would always get town reads.


    Xenovent wrote:

    Froyo is super suspicious. I still don't know where to put him, and I still don't really want to vote for him because he was over-enthusiastic and trying to draw attention to himself in the first hours of the game. I don't think the former should be punished, but since a lot of people have issues, and I've seen some defensiveness and running around after that fact, he's still on my suspicion list.

    I want Linkle investigated. I'm keeping Prinny (Now Lady Sunshine), Tri Force, and DLR as associated with her for whichever way one flips. Until I can otherwise feel assured, I'm putting them all in the same category.
    Haha, everyone thinks Froyo is sus but me. I read through every post just now from the first page, so I've seen his... less than well-played style, but I still don't find him sus, sorry. And people just seem to be stuck on the Froyo wagon today too, which again, I'm just not buying in to.

    Also Xeno, I don't think your scum based on your slip-ups either. Though I think a third-party from you wouldn't be surprising.
    And why am I being lumped into a category with Linkle, Tri Force and DLR? Did I miss something?


    From what information I read, information I've received, and interactions between players, I am most likely to suspect Kodachrome.


    If I'm basing this on Koda being scum, then I would put
    Pav, Linkle, Don, DLR and even possibly Ruki all as scum.
    Xeno I would place in possibly a third party role.
    Town would be myself, Froyo, HH, Sabbo, TriForce.

    The rest I have no reads on: Zachie, Chloro, Miyamoto, noworry, Elias.


    "Defense against the dark farts, am I right?" -Pennington
    | This spot reserved for Dark Link Reigns |


  • Lady Sunshine, how can you have no reads o. Miyamoto and noworry after my huge post and other posts on why they are suspicious. And why do you think Tri Force is town after everything I pointed out as well?

    :heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
  • Mr.Miyamoto wrote:

    Well, well, well... I can't seem to think of any suspects except noworry and Froyo.

    Just as Chloroform said (if he is right), the chances of a newbie being a scum are high. And I am not a scum. So the chances of noworry being a scum are very high. He has also not posted much content. But, as a newbie I can very much understand his problems.

    Froyo from D1 is posting some very suspicious content like being a slave to Ganon and has been suspecting Pavlova and Linkle mainly because they are against his line of thoughts.

    [vote]Froyo[/vote]

    Because of the above reasons.

    Bye then, I am gonna sleep.
    So your suspects are noworry and Froyo?

    noworry because he hasn't posted much (barely less than you) and Froyo because he implied he is a slave to Ganon?

    That's not very good reasoning lol. You aren't giving us much more to work with the noworry is so that line of reasoning could easily incriminate you as scum as well.

    I don't think Froyo ever implied being a slave to Ganon - as all townies should know - you want to be under Ganon's rule. He is our King. Froyo was saying what all good followers of Our Lord should be saying.

    Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs
  • Ruki wrote:

    That doesn’t cut it though. You have to give a reason why. If you read my posts, I go into pretty good detail on why I think people are scummy.

    Also I would like to hear from some other people.

    @Sabbo Who do you think is Mafia? Who do you trust?
    @Elias Thompson Do you still think I’m hiding something?
    @‘HarmonicalHero’ Who do you think we should lynch today? What did you think of my analysis?
    @‘Lady Sunshine’ Caught up yet? Any questions you may have? Any observations?
    I’m concerned by how large Froyo’s wagon is getting. Also a ton of my suspects are voting on it too.

    Ruki wrote:

    @Linkle I would like to change my answer to the people I listed as Mafia for people to be offed. And to change investigation to Elias and HarmonicalHero.

    For the investigation, Elias really hasn't participated much beyond finding me suspicious because I'm the leader of the town or something lol. And it's usually Mafia who have the most to gain to getting rid of loud town voices. I personally would like to look into a low lying player that hasn't been participating much as well. As for HarmonicalHero, while he has been generating content, he hasn't been as active as it were as he normally is when he's town. When he's town, he's right up there with the leader board, so I would feel more comfortable with confirmation if he is on our side.

    Ruki wrote:

    OK so the idea that anyone would recruit someone based on friendship is completely mind boggling. Everyone knows Mafia is like Mario Party; there is no friendship, only uneasy alliances and betrayal.

    Also people seem to be confused about Mason recruitment. Each Mason team has ONE recruiter - a strong or weak one. A weak recruiter dies on trying to bring a mafia on to the fold. This as a result makes them a weak alignment cop and assures everyone in the Masonry they are all town. Next is a strong Mason recruiter. They can recruit Mafia, so there is no guarantee new recruits are town.

    Also even if the Mason can’t come forward for whatever reason, PLEASE leave us a clue today of who she tried to recruit.

    Next we should try to discuss who she would have. I think it wouldn’t be anyone on the Top 3 lynch candidates (so Xeno and Froyo) nor anyone who wasn’t really participating. So we should look at the major voices of yesterday who were pushing conversation forward.

    So myself, HH and DLR imo are the top targets. I know I always seem to waver between trusted and not because I have such a large voice, and I’m suffering the Foo effect - town is wary to trust me 100 percent unless I have really showed myself on their side. While that’s true for everyone, there is a lot more scrutiny toward larger voices.

    I think HH honestly would be someone interesting to look into. He is a content generator but he’s a lot quieter than he has been in the past, which I find suspicious.
    If I’m quieter, it’s because summer’s over and I’m back in school. So I’m multitasking. XD

    But yeah! I’m still super suspicious of Mr. Miyamoto. Suspicious of Elias too. Froyo’s flip would answer a lot of questions though.
  • Ruki, I just think Miyamoto is completely over his head at this point. This is his first game, yes? I think he just doesn't know how to play mafia. I say no read because that doesn't mean they're town, but it doesn't automatically prove their mafia. I just see someone lost in translation.

    noworry I could see more as a potential scum read, from no content, not voting, and bandwagon jumping.

    I think Tri Force is town based on their constant bread crumbing that they would "die for town." He's said it three times, and the inference to me is that they're bread crumbing a role claim.


    "Defense against the dark farts, am I right?" -Pennington
    | This spot reserved for Dark Link Reigns |