Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mafiarina of Time - Nobody Expects Sabbo
  • Hi guys. Happy to be here. Unhappy that there's 3 townies dead on day 2. Happy that we potentially have another Mason, but once again unhappy bc Kaylin can't confirm.

    If she did indeed die from trying to recruit Mafia, I'm gonna push myself into some shaky accusations and say that it's probably @kodachrome. I feel like Kaylin would have tried to recruit her friend but obviously I have absolutely no proof and it's just a best guess. @Pavlova is also a possibility but I like Koda that little bit more.

    If there's a Vigilante.. what the fuck? Do not shoot someone without good reason.

    No vote for now (*stares at Ruki*).
  • I suspect Mafia Vig. A town vig wouldn't have had any reason to kill Mordred. The only idea I would have is I said I would be suspicious of everyone who jumped on my bandwagon. Mordred I gave a maybe pass because she started it rather than jumped on it, giving nothing that a town night vig would care to act on. If anything, I would think a town night vig would've gone for me or Froyo.
  • Wait hang on.

    Mason Recruiters can die from trying to recruit Mafia?


    Yes well.

    Let's see. Which people are on Kaylin's timezones, and would thus be more likely to talk with her, out of the players?

    Also, which people is she known to be friends, and thus on good terms with?

    And which people immediately agreed with her points when she voted for me, and then also very quickly voted for me as well.

    And keep in mind that both of them are also friends and haven't talked to each other during the game at all.

    You got them, those are indeed Kodachrome and Pavlova. Those are the people she would have most likely have tried to recruit, and they've shown slight scum behavior throughout the game.

    Any thoughts about this?
  • Froyo wrote:

    I would argue that bandwagoning for no clear reason just to kill someone is hardly getting the game rolling...

    In any case. I thought I could trust more people today than yesterday but... It seems that wasn't the case. I'm fairly certain we have a roleblocker or otherwise someone who can cancel investigation powers now, at least.

    @Linkle your questions plus two players dying yesterday made me (and most definitely others) fairly sure you have an ability to kill. Could you confirm if you do and explain which one you shot if that's the case?
    Gonna start with my questions for the day here:

    1) What makes you so positive there is a roleblocker? Not asking you to confirm anything, you just seem a little too positive on this.

    2) I don't like that you are trying to get someone to confirm if they do indeed have a killing role or not. This is not productive for the town at all.

    This is obviously not a good start.

    IF there is another mason out there - DO NOT REVEAL YOURSELF! The only way you should reveal yourself (should you exist) is if you can definitely give us proof on who (if anybody) Kaylin targeted last night.

    I'm hoping we can see more of the inactive people posting today - @noworry, @Mr.Miyamoto, @Elias Thompson, @kodachrome, @Pavlova - I don't recall seeing very much of you folks yesterday.

    Question for you 5 - assuming you've all read up on the events of yesterday, who do you distrust the most at this point? Please provide reasoning behind your responses besides "I just have a gut feeling".


    Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
  • I got really excited reading two Red names until I remembered that town is red.

    I'd also like to cast the most suspicion on us who voted Bolero, because no dead townie showed up in the list, unlike the other 2. This of course isn't anything concrete, but it's a nice place to start, along with hearing from those less active yesterday.

    Remember, more info is always good, as long as you're not compromising townie positions.
  • Okay, I'm confused. How is it helpful / not helpful for the recruited mason to reveal themselves?
    With 21 Players, I'm assuming there'll be 3-4 masons in total in the game set up? (ideally speaking that is)

    So assuming there's 3 in this game, with Kaylin being a 2 shot recruiter, does that mean that at the start of the game she's the only mason around? Seasoned vets can you clarify if in previous games there were set ups where more than 3 or 4 masons are involved?


    Gosh, saying the word "Mason" still sends chills down my spine! :/
  • Masons have been handled differently in different games. It's all kind of up to how the GM wants to run it (at least from what I've seen).

    I think, typically, there is 2-3 masons to start (a standard mason role and then at least one recruiter (either weak or regular)). A more seasoned vet can correct me on anything I've stated wrongly.

    At this point, I don't think it beneficial for the masons (if any are left) to reveal themselves in case they are still able to recruit more members with a strong recruiter.

    The only way it would be beneficial right now for a mason to reveal themselves would be if they could shed light on whether Kaylin targeted someone or not last night.


    Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
  • @Dark Link Reigns

    My night action gave no results last night. Either someone blocked me, or they hid my target, or my target can mess up with it.

    Also re the second point, at first I was under the impression that one person was killed by Mafia and the other by a night killer, which, given Linkle's really obvious questions yesterday about "if you could kill someone tonight" made me (and most likely the mafia as well, I thought) immediately assume she was. I didn't think there would be any other alternative to it and Linkle was all but found out.

    But since Kaylin might have died due to trying to recruit a Mafioso (I didn't know Mason Recruiters could die by trying to recruit Mafia), I discarded that thought, should have mentioned that.
  • Hello, all! Sorry I was late, not feeling great today. :/

    Firstly, I just want to state that I don't know why the heck people are even considering a vig yet in this equation; I think what happened last night is pretty darn cut and dried. It's fairly clear that Kaylin would've died trying to recruit someone, and Mordred died via the Mafia factional kill.

    On that note, did Kaylin give any indication of whom she might have trusted most so far?

    Xenovent wrote:

    @Linkle - You were right with Mordred at least, but you're wrong on me. Mordred was quite right to point out my foible, but I assure you it was an accident. All the same, whose lynch are you looking to pursue today?
    I was gonna say either you or Froyo (the "you're wrong about me" thing doesn't really do it for me just yet, sorry buddy), but...

    Froyo wrote:



    @Linkle your questions plus two players dying yesterday made me (and most definitely others) fairly sure you have an ability to kill. Could you confirm if you do and explain which one you shot if that's the case?
    *laughs* Okay. Three things:

    1. That is a common question that has appeared lately in Mafia games and has been asked by many players regardless of their roles. I'm not sure why you'd assume this.
    2. I'm not answering that either way. If I was, I wouldn't answer. If I wasn't, I still wouldn't answer. Why? Because that help literally no one that is Town. Only Mafia. Why do you care so much?
    3. You do realize that regardless of my role, you just painted a big target on my back? That would be especially bad if you were right, but also has a good chance that it could be equally bad if you were wrong and I was a different Town role, given this being a 5/5 Bastard game and having a high likely hood of most players being non-vanillas of some sort. This is not a pro-Town move.
    Following that line of thought... [vote] Froyo [/vote]

    Froyo wrote:

    Wait hang on.

    Mason Recruiters can die from trying to recruit Mafia?


    Yes well.

    Let's see. Which people are on Kaylin's timezones, and would thus be more likely to talk with her, out of the players?

    Also, which people is she known to be friends, and thus on good terms with?

    And which people immediately agreed with her points when she voted for me, and then also very quickly voted for me as well.

    And keep in mind that both of them are also friends and haven't talked to each other during the game at all.

    You got them, those are indeed Kodachrome and Pavlova. Those are the people she would have most likely have tried to recruit, and they've shown slight scum behavior throughout the game.

    Any thoughts about this?
    You...do realize that who a player talks to outside of the game has no effect on their death, right? And we're not supposed to target our friends just because they're our friends, so in my opinion this theory holds zero merit and is only an attempt to make players look guilty due to non-Mafia game relationships.

    Dark Link Reigns wrote:

    Also, re: Masons:

    There is a chance they are bound to silence regarding being masons so they might not be able to tell us one way or another for fear of being mod-killed.
    Nah. Any time that is a thing, the GMs seem to be required to state upfront the penalty of doing that publicly, out of fairness. I highly doubt that's the case. Possible, but unlikely.

    Celebrating 3 whole years of ZU membership -- 8/22/2015 - 8/22/2018
  • Final Day 1 Vote Count:

    Bolero of Fire: 6] Ruki, Xenovent, Pennington, Don Saltine, noworry, HarmonicalHero

    [Xenovent: 5] Dark Link Reigns, Mordred, PrinnyOfTime, Linkle, Tri Force
    [Froyo: 4] Kaylin, Kodachrome, Pavlova, Bolero of Fire
    [Don Saltine: 1] Mr.Miyamoto
    [Ruki: 1] Elias
    [Pavlova: 1] Froyo
    [HarmonicalHero: 1] Sabbo
    [noworry: 1] Chloroform

    [No Vote (Counts as Self-Vote)]: AstroNinja

    OK so while it's obvious that any good Mafia would be spread out, I think we should start at looking at the Bolero of Fire wagon. This includes mmyself, Xeno, Pennington, Don Saltine, noworry and Harmonical Hero. We should also go back and look to see if any reason why each person voted the way they did, and how quickly they jumped on the other wagons. I think the other two major wagons we should look at potentially is the Xeno and Froyo wagon.

    Now my own documentation of why I voted for Bolero can be found in the thread. While this doesn't remove me from suspicion by any means, I don't think anyone is questioning why I voted the way I did. However, I do welcome any questions you may have toward me.

    Bolero of Fire Lynch: Now let's move on. noworry was someone who said he didn't find anyone suspicious Day 1 despite the rousing discussion we had going on, and then decided to vote Bolero saying he's the only one who appears suspicious. HarmonicalHero continues to generate a lot of content, but puts a placeholder vote on Bolero. Penny asks me if I think the vote on Bolero is worth it. I say I think it is, and he joins the wagon. Don joins the wagon agreeing with my sentiments.

    Xeno has a slip up and a potential Freudian slip. He also asked a question digging around for flavor and said he would find anyone suspicious if they didn't answer his question. I pointed out it was pointless content generation. He voted for Bolero, voicing agreement with my anti-inactive lynch policy. He's also budded up to me when I said simply I didn't consider the slip due to the nature of us being used to Town=green and Mafia=red that damnable.

    Xeno Lynch: Let's start with PrinnyofTime. I've noticed he was asking questions, but not really pushing people nor generating actual real content we could be using. He was making noise, but not being overtly useful in the long run. In addition, he seems to be supporting Froyo. Goes with his gut. Next we have Tri Force. He starts with asking is the Mafia good or bad, and really being thrown off with the flavor. Tri Force also gets super antsy when I put a pressure vote on Mr. Random Vote Miyamoto pointing out it's his first game and we can't lynch him. He also was rather supportive of Froyo before backtracking and voting him. Then he vote hops after seeing Froyo is in second for the wagon to Xeno with no reason given. DLR votes Xeno for the Freudian Slip. Linkle voted for Xeno b/c of slip.

    Froyo Lynch: Koda voted for Froyo pointing out Mafia is where people question others. This elicited a rather nasty response from Froyo in return. Pav votes Froyo asking what sort of information he would like to give. Seems to be a pressure vote which was never removed to be honest.

    Others: Elias has voted for me because I'm loud and scary apparently because I took leadership of the town and thus have something to hide or something? I don't know lol. Chloroform voted for noworry after the bullshit 'I don't see anyone suspicious despite the rousing discussion we had going on for the entire day' bullcrap. Froyo voted for Pav for jumping on his wagon really quickly. Sabbo votes for HH for not finding Froyo suspicious.


    ALSO what I found interesting was Tri Force's vote from Froyo to Xeno, even though Bolero was in the lead. It was almost like he didn't want to take the chance that Froyo might want to be lynched.

    SO with all that together, this is my read list of Day 1.

    [Bolero of Fire: 6] Ruki, Xenovent, Pennington, Don Saltine, noworry, HarmonicalHero

    [Xenovent: 5] Dark Link Reigns, Mordred, PrinnyOfTime, Linkle, Tri Force
    [Froyo: 4] Kaylin, Kodachrome, Pavlova, Bolero of Fire
    [Don Saltine: 1] Mr.Miyamoto
    [Ruki: 1] Elias
    [Pavlova: 1] Froyo
    [HarmonicalHero: 1] Sabbo
    [noworry: 1] Chloroform

    Now we have 21 players, and a third of that is 7. So in my opinion, the Mafia players are the following in case you are color blind or are getting confused with this flavor: noworry, Mr. Miyamoto, Froyo, Tri Force

    This is what I've gotten out of everything so far.

    Edit: ADDED LINKLE'S REASONING.

    :heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Ruki ().

  • So that being said, I'm going to join with the wagon first off and [vote]Froyo[/vote]. Also @Froyo to answer your question I shall refer you to above. I have pegged four people who I believe scummy, one of which was you lol.

    Next up, the reason I said the Mason - if there is one - should come forward is due to weak Mason recruiters die if the target a Mafia member. If the mason knows who they targeted, having that knowledge would be beneficial for the town and weeding out the scum. Also, now that I've made that huge ass information dump post (you're fucking welcome everyone, please read it for once), I would like to hear people thought's on my analysis so I can know if I'm wasting my time this game doing these fucking things for everybody.

    :heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
  • I think @Ruki 's post was very insightful and helpful. It's also worth noting that, if Froyo's post that was never sent yesterday is to be believed, he would have switched his vote from Pav to Bolero.

    Now, since Bolero is Town, I find it likely that we can find at least one, if not multiple, scum hiding on the Bolero lynch. These are my guesses, based off Ruki's list:

    Ruki, Xenovent, Pennington, Don Saltine, noworry, HarmonicalHero

    and possibly

    Ruki, Xenovent, Pennington, Don Saltine, noworry, HarmonicalHero

    but I can't be sure yet.

    Thinking more on Kaylin, I think we can at least so far deduce that she'd not have targeted Froyo, since she voted for him. I'm going to go back and read through her posts to see if there were any further indications of whom she trusted or didn't trust.

    Celebrating 3 whole years of ZU membership -- 8/22/2015 - 8/22/2018
  • Here are all of the posts made by Kaylin, by the way.

    Display Spoiler

    Kaylin wrote:

    Hey guys, I'll be in class for the next 4-5 hours. But let's be real here, I'll still be on ZU the entire time.

    Pavlova wrote:

    I'm guessing that the mafia and the town have switched places, technically. So the 'good' people are who we want to lynch and they perhaps have all the mafia roles. So if vanilla townie is equivalent to mafia goon in an authority sense then that would explain the death at the beginning. That's probably completely wrong but it's what I think at the moment.
    I find your phrasing of this interesting. From what I can personally gather, the "Town" are still the good guys, and the "Mafia" are still the bad guys. The only difference is the flavouring (not including the characters), and the colour that represents alignment; red = Town, green = Mafia. I considered using the exact shade of red just now, but I honestly don't think anybody should be aiming for a "confirmed townie status" on day 1.

    Kaylin wrote:

    @Bolero of Fire, the only tried and true method of generating info is voting, really. And even then, it doesn't give us very much until the lynch goes through. What I 100% don't want to see however, is anyone roleclaiming day 1; that was honestly the first mistake of many by the town of the last game.

    Before I vote though, I'd like to give @Froyo a chance to move away from his "joke" phase, and into the serious discussion phase that should, in all seriousness, be a given from the start. >_>

    Have you made any notable observations so far?

    Kaylin wrote:

    Froyo wrote:

    I'm gonna start putting pressure on @`Dark Link Reigns` because how dare you have the name of a character that has yet to reappear in canon, HEATHEN.

    Froyo wrote:

    So, tell me, is there anything you have or do that is beneficial to OUR LORD AND SAVIOR GANON? Whatever you respond with, at least justify your response.
    No offence but, what do you intend to gain with this line of questioning?
    I mean, from where I stand it looks as though you're pushing for a claim...

    Kaylin wrote:

    I'm questioning your motives, not the question. :3

    If players want to breadcrumb, they'll do so at their own discretion. Shouldn't everyone be attempting to appear vanilla at this stage in the game? :arch:

    Kaylin wrote:

    Also @Froyo, do you really think DLR is that unfamiliar with mafia proceedings to not understand the intent of your question? I can tell you right now, he's going to grill you for asking for a claim in your opening post regardless of his alignment.


    [vote]Froyo[/vote]


    I honestly didn't think this would lead to me voting you, but like, I can't condone any actions I that know to be anti-town. Stalling for time and unnecessarily pushing for claims are very much among these, imo.

    You talk about reading into a person's question and responding accordingly, yet you haven't managed to demonstrate this ability yourself. Consider this a last request to prove your intentions as a pro-town player. I'm waiting. :3


    Ruki wrote:

    @Kaylin Just so we have some activity, please note that I don’t disagree with your assessment that we shouldn’t be roleclaiming Day 1, what will you do if someone does?
    It's dependant on this the situation, I think. If it happens in the near future, off the bat I'd be questioning the person's strategy. >_>
    But if it's like an hour before EoD and the person has a majority lynch wagon on them, then yeah, it's a lot more warranted. It's still not the ideal, since it may hinder the utility of our protective role(s) - considering that the person's claim actually holds ground - but it's definitely a lot more excusable than simply claiming out of nowhere. There are ways to be a helpful vanilla townie without making a contestable claim~



    EDIT: My spelling is rubbish today.

    Celebrating 3 whole years of ZU membership -- 8/22/2015 - 8/22/2018