Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mafiarina of Time - Nobody Expects Sabbo
  • Read list:

    Xenovent
    Kodachrome
    Don Saltine
    Pavlova
    Kaylin
    Ruki
    Froyo
    Bolero of Fire
    AstroNinja
    Sabbo
    Mr. Miyamoto
    HarmonicalHero
    Chloroform
    Mordred
    Dark Link Reigns
    Tri Force
    noworry
    Pennington
    Linkle
    PrinnyofTime
    Elias Thompson


    Red = Town
    Green = Mafia
    White = No read
    Yellow = Confusing, gives signs of both. Not Town enough to label Town, but not certainly Mafia enough to label Mafia


    ---
    Based on that, and the fact we don't lynch newbies day one...

    [vote] Xenovent [/vote]

    Celebrating 3 whole years of ZU membership -- 8/22/2015 - 8/22/2018
  • Linkle wrote:

    Read list:

    Xenovent
    Kodachrome
    Don Saltine
    Pavlova
    Kaylin
    Ruki
    Froyo
    Bolero of Fire
    AstroNinja
    Sabbo
    Mr. Miyamoto
    HarmonicalHero
    Chloroform
    Mordred
    Dark Link Reigns
    Tri Force
    noworry
    Pennington
    Linkle
    PrinnyofTime
    Elias Thompson

    Red = Town
    Green = Mafia
    White = No read
    Yellow = Confusing, gives signs of both. Not Town enough to label Town, but not certainly Mafia enough to label Mafia


    ---
    Based on that, and the fact we don't lynch newbies day one...

    [vote] Xenovent [/vote]
    Just wanted to post in case we ran out of time. Expanding upon this...

    Mordred and Dark Link Reigns almost always appear Town to me at first, so take that with a grain of salt. HarmonicalHero is mostly a gut feeling.

    Froyo plays Town but also has said some suspicious things. Could go either way yet. Not comfortable enough to vote for him.

    I've already made my feelings clear on Xenovent and noworry.

    Celebrating 3 whole years of ZU membership -- 8/22/2015 - 8/22/2018

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Linkle ().

  • Xenovent wrote:

    @Ruki Hmm...so what do you think? Did I irreparably eff up?
    I hadn’t read too much into it, to be honest. While I can see why people see it as a Freduian slip, honestly I don’t think it’s something as a damnable offense especially considering how ingrained we are to associate red with the enemy and green with town. Especially with the color changes. I mean even looking at Linkle read list I at first thought she was like RUKI IS MAFIA, and I was like “lol, really?” until I realized she was staying consistent with flavor.

    :heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
  • @Pennington DLR answers this pretty well.

    Dark Link Reigns wrote:

    Froyo - it's hard not to see you contradicting yourself with stuff like this happening:

    Original statement:

    Froyo wrote:

    Ruki is a generally good player and tends to act pro town, so while I will of course suspect her at some point of being manipulative, she's one of the first content generators and thus I'm unwilling to point at her.
    Scrutiny over original statement:

    Dark Link Reigns wrote:

    1) This is not the right attitude to have. Just because Ruki is able to generate content is absolutely no reason to not being hounding her. Based on the last few games, if scum wanted to hide and not be scrutinized, generating tons of content has been an excellent way for them to get people thinking they are town.

    We cannot, and should not, just not go after people simply because they generate content.

    I don't like your line of thinking on this.

    Response to scrutiny over it:

    Froyo wrote:

    It's not "don't target her because she generates content", it's "ask other people questions and make them talk, because this one is already talking".
    Your original statement made it seem like Ruki was basically not be hounded because she generates content and was the first to do so, not "let's leave Ruki alone for now to ask other people questions because she is already talking".

    Also, there is this:

    Original statement:

    Froyo wrote:

    Also, I should note that I highly dislike people looking too in depth into the "bad guys good guys" dynamic, I've been hoping for someone to slip flavor comments out because of confusion regarding it and maybe catch scun. If we could not pursue it further, that would be great >.>
    Scrutiny over original content:

    Dark Link Reigns wrote:

    2) So you say that you dislike people looking into the "good guy/bad guy" dynamic, yet you were hoping that people would slip on that and reveal themselves to be scum, but yet again you want people to not pursue it further? Like, what do you actually want to do here? You literally contradict yourself twice in this one instance.
    Response to scrutiny over it:

    Froyo wrote:

    I... Am not? The less we pursue a clarification of how the flavor good guy bad guy thing works, the more likely are people to misunderstand it and slip up.
    You LITERALLY said in your original statement you hoped that people would slip up with flavor comments then stated how people shouldn't pursue that train of thought any longer now you reply saying you basically just didn't want people to slip up.

    I know you are going to say "well, ya, I wanted scum to screw up so we could lynch one but I didn't actually want people to slip up." Doesn't matter. Still not liking how it looks.

    You say everyone is just misinterpreting your posts, but I mean, if more than one person is doing so, doesn't that maybe mean some of the stuff you've been saying doesn't line up?

    "Well, no because it is just scum trying to get my lynched." Not really a valid argument. Just to get this out of the way now.

    I haven't voted for you (yet). Do I think your scum? Not sure. I don't like some of the stuff you've said but that doesn't just inherently mean you are scum.



    -------------------------


    Xenovent's comment about the color=alignment is a little suspicious.

    If she was working for Ganon, she would not have asked about Froyo like that, and I think Prinny also said something like that.


    @noworry No worries, I felt exactly like you the first time I played.
    But you are doing better than I did.



    Now, the most talkative person can be Mafia, trying to generate as much information as they can to seem townie.
    I'm not saying lynch the Talker, just putting it out there.
    BWAYHA! Don't take me seriously all the time. :derp:

    My characters: Orthane Raker


    <-------This spot is dedicated to Sydney, who brought me, Epic, and B-rod together. Epic then brought me and B-rod to all of you.-------->
  • Vote Count:

    [Bolero of Fire: 6] Ruki, Xenovent, Pennington, Don Saltine, noworry, HarmonicalHero
    [Froyo: 5] Kaylin, Kodachrome, Tri Force, Pavlova, Bolero of Fire
    [Xenovent: 4] Dark Link Reigns, Mordred, PrinnyOfTime, Linkle
    [Don Saltine: 1] Mr.Miyamoto
    [Ruki: 1] Elias
    [Pavlova: 1] Froyo
    [HarmonicalHero: 1] Sabbo


    [No Vote (Counts as Self-Vote)]: AstroNinja, Chloroform


    Thirty-three minutes remain

    (likely the last vote count unless you guys ALL SWITCH VOTES)


    You all dance to our whimsical desires
  • Linkle wrote:

    Read list:

    Xenovent
    Kodachrome
    Don Saltine
    Pavlova
    Kaylin
    Ruki
    Froyo
    Bolero of Fire
    AstroNinja
    Sabbo
    Mr. Miyamoto
    HarmonicalHero
    Chloroform
    Mordred
    Dark Link Reigns
    Tri Force
    noworry
    Pennington
    Linkle
    PrinnyofTime
    Elias Thompson

    Red = Town
    Green = Mafia
    White = No read
    Yellow = Confusing, gives signs of both. Not Town enough to label Town, but not certainly Mafia enough to label Mafia
    I misread the list at first and got really offended :lol:
  • Two reasons: I've given my explanation already and if people want to punish my slip up regardless, nothing is going to convince them anyway. Secondly, I know my innocence already and if I have to prove it I will.

    EDIT: Third reason too. If I start screaming and hollering people will say I'm guilty because I'm getting too defensive.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Xenovent ().

  • Vote Count:

    [Bolero of Fire: 6] Ruki, Xenovent, Pennington, Don Saltine, noworry, HarmonicalHero
    [Xenovent: 5] Dark Link Reigns, Mordred, PrinnyOfTime, Linkle, Tri Force
    [Froyo: 4] Kaylin, Kodachrome, Pavlova, Bolero of Fire
    [Don Saltine: 1] Mr.Miyamoto
    [Ruki: 1] Elias
    [Pavlova: 1] Froyo
    [HarmonicalHero: 1] Sabbo


    [No Vote (Counts as Self-Vote)]: AstroNinja, Chloroform


    15 minutes


    You all dance to our whimsical desires
  • In an effort to make the most out of our remaining time left, I'm going to get some questions of my own out for people.

    @Xenovent

    It's very possible you might be lynched today. In that light, would you mind giving us a read list to go off of depending on your flip?

    @kodachrome @Pavlova @AstroNinja

    Current thoughts on Froyo, Xenovent, and noworry's actions in this game?

    @Don Saltine

    So far, who do you trust most in this game and who do you trust least?

    @Kaylin

    If you could insta-kill anyone at the moment you read this, who would you kill?

    @Ruki @Froyo @Dark Link Reigns @Chloroform

    Which three people would be your targets for a night vig tonight, based on your experiences so far?
    Which three would you like to have investigated but not killed?

    @Bolero of Fire

    You could die today. Read list?

    @noworry

    Thoughts on the Xenovent situation?

    @Everyone else
    Person you trust the least right now -- name them.

    Celebrating 3 whole years of ZU membership -- 8/22/2015 - 8/22/2018
  • OK so let's take a look at today before all of you switch votes, and so I don't have to have the notes for myself tomorrow and waste time doing it.

    We have a couple of main takeaways from today:

    1) Froyo - This started because he went after DLR asking essentially what he can do for the town, and Kaylin said it was Froyo pushing for a claim. There was also claims of contradiction. (Post of description of contradictions here.) Honestly I need to look more into this lynch and think on it.

    2) Bolero of Fire - This is the lynch candidate I have pushed forward as a possibility due to his statements we should lynch inactive players. I have laid out here why it is a terrible Day 1 strategy, and that people who have pushed for those who aren't around to defend themselves (inactive) and those who aren't used to the pressure (newbies) as EoD lynch targets are historically Mafia. In the Mafia: FE, we had two players insinuate that we should be looking into the newbies because they could be Mafia. Both were Mafia themselves.

    3) Xenovent lynch - Start on a possible Freudian slip based on colors. My personal thoughts on this lynch is while I can see why people are jumping on it, I think out of all the lynches this is possibly on the shakiest grounds. While I obviously can see why people consider this a good lynch, I think what needs to be remembered is that for the longest time red = Mafia and green = town has been embedded into our psyche, and thus association with green = town is going to be a knee-jerk reaction. Please note this isn't necessarily a cry out for "don't vote for Xenovent" as I think a good lynch group and how this is progressing is providing with a lot of data in the following days, but the reason I think could be a bit more, well, solid I suppose. I think if anything, people should be going after him for saying that we should lynch inactives in the coming days despite having back-ups and mod-kills for those who don't post in the thread.*

    *Please note if he means people who post once and then fuck off, I am in agreement if we find ourselves at a dead end in search of new leads.

    Other persons of interest:

    1) Mr. Miyamoto - Did a random vote and pretty much fucked off after that.
    2) noworry - Despite the very first post I wrote saying don't vote for no lynch, he states he's interested in doing a no lynch because he doesn't see anybody as suspicious despite a very well thought out day today of suspicious people.

    :heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
  • @Linkle

    Bolero of Fire - def want to see him killed if he's not lynched lol. As for other people, I have to think more on that more.

    I think the two people of interest I noted should be investigation. Both are newbies, so they should be not killed Night 1 to be nice to them.

    :heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews