Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mafiarina of Time - Nobody Expects Sabbo
  • Alright - so I have like half an hour until I leave work then I won't be on for end of day. The Battlefront 2 beta started today so I will be engrossing myself in Star Wars all evening.

I will place my vote here:

[vote]Xenovent[/vote]

Right now there are plenty of people I don't trust but I think that his slip up with not knowing what color the town is speaks out to me too much to ignore. Seems like we have an instant of what Froyo was hoping would happen.

I'm here for another half hour or so if anyone has anything they want to ask me/question what I've said.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs
  • Tri Force wrote:

Bolero of Fire wrote:

I don't have time to check, but has there been anybody who hasn't checked in yet?

We should actually make it a point to vote for inactive people. Even if are wrong, at least we weed out an inactive player.
    I don't know if you've had it work, but every game I have been in, the Inactive player vote is always Town.
    The inactive player vote is usually town because that's how statistics works. On day 1 there is no higher or lower chance that an inactive player will be or not be scum, aside from the fact that scum is somewhere between a quarter and a third of the populace.

HarmonicalHero wrote:

Ruki wrote:

HH who do you think we should lynch today?
    Well, Mr. Miyamoto seems most suspicious to me right now, but he gets a pass for being new.
    I’m a bit suspicious of anyone who hasn’t checked in yet, because it’s Zelda flavored Mafia, and everyone should want to play it. :lol:

Besides that, I see how Froyo could be considered suspicious for extravagantly showing support of King Ganondorf. But that’s what I’d be doing if I wasn’t trying to adhere to Foo’s wisdom.
    (I've known people on this site who have never played Zelda)

That second line is a bit suss though. In the interests of not self-voting, and of not finding Froyo quite suspicious enough like other people seem to, I vote:

[vote]HarmonicalHero[/vote]

Linkle wrote:

Ruki wrote:

So to begin with, let's ask a general question.

What does everyone think about the fact we had a mafia goon instead of a town vanilla die in the opening post?

What are everyone's plans for Day 1?
    I think that the Mafia Goon died in the opening post both for flavor's sake, and to give the Mafia a fighting chance by publicly announcing that all Mafia roles are in green rather than red. If he hadn't done that, I have a feeling this game would have been over instantly. lmao
    Basically, my plans are the same as always; examine people's posts, ask questions if possible, and hopefully lynch some Mafia.

Sabbo wrote:

@Mr.Miyamoto @Dark Link Reigns @Tri Force @Linkle @Elias Thompson

We've got a few hours left, so I'd like to hear from the people who haven't posted yet.

Linkle, is there anybody you'd be willing to match voting patterns with, or would be interested in them matching with yours?
    To be honest, I hate voting blocks because I feel it both makes it easier for Mafia to associate themselves with Townies, and takes responsibility away because they can then claim "I was just following them!" So my answer for now is no to either of those. Make no mistake -- unless it's end of day and all of our votes are scattered and we have no choice but to choose one of the already named lynchees if we want to lynch at all, I will only vote of my own accord and my own feelings.
    1) I definitely agree, although I've been trying to avoid using the words "town" or "mafia" in this game when referring to a faction. It'll just get confusing. >_<

2) Good to hear! This is exactly the opinion I was hoping you'd have, as - like you mention - it's a convenient place for scum to hide.
  • Froyo wrote:

What is my reaction, according to you?
    You were flustered easily as mafia in previous. You did it in BSD as the Godfather and claimed third party even though you would have investigated as town. You did it in Club Penguin mafia when you were paired with SuperGummying and were scared of getting lynched with him. I don't know what your alignment is but I certainly haven't had a good feeling about it. Maybe you're good, I don't know. I don't feel like you're playing pro-town by your earlier posts.

I don't think it's an unfair call to say that you've been avoidant.

Froyo wrote:

Oh, but I do dislike when *you* interrogate me, make no mistake :3
    No need to get snippy with me, buddy. This is a game and you shouldn't bring your personal biases into it. :/

noworry wrote:

I don't think I'll be voting the first day, as I don't really see anyone as suspicious yet.
    Alright, so if you were to take a look at the current wagon options

Froyo, Bolero of Fire, Don Saltine, Ruki, Pavlova, Xenovent, HH (fuck guys stop adding new names before I post ;-; )

Do any of these people stand out to you as people you would feel like throwing your vote behind? It's okay that you don't really know anyone here yet, because you're only taking a look at their posts rather than the people behind them.

(throwback sig by liah btw)
    last.fm | twitter | instagram
    toot tot ride the sprite tractors
    Team S&S
  • I'm sorry I was confused, but I think I was consistently confused.

Xenovent wrote:

EDIT: I'm viewing it kinda like Star Wars. The Empire/Ganon is in control in Hyrule, so they are the "Law" whereas it's the Rebels/Resistance who are trying to subvert the Law, and thereby are the "red" in this flavor.

Xenovent wrote:

@Froyo Looks like you're being hit pretty hard. I liked your flavor comments from earlier, but why shouldn't I actually think you're working for the Calamity? Who are you considering for your vote and why?
    Those are two posts I made previously, thinking the red town was "Rebel" and that working for Ganondorf was bad. Yeah, it was stupid, but there it is. Mental red/green colorblindness u.u;
  • Xenovent wrote:

I'm sorry I was confused, but I think I was consistently confused.

Xenovent wrote:

EDIT: I'm viewing it kinda like Star Wars. The Empire/Ganon is in control in Hyrule, so they are the "Law" whereas it's the Rebels/Resistance who are trying to subvert the Law, and thereby are the "red" in this flavor.

Xenovent wrote:

@Froyo Looks like you're being hit pretty hard. I liked your flavor comments from earlier, but why shouldn't I actually think you're working for the Calamity? Who are you considering for your vote and why?
    Those are two posts I made previously, thinking the red town was "Rebel" and that working for Ganondorf was bad. Yeah, it was stupid, but there it is. Mental red/green colorblindness u.u;
    That's all well and good but to be going back and forth on which faction is which color seems a bit odd.

I can understand being confused at first, but it really isn't that confusing if you give it some thought and read the OP and your role PM.

It just seems to weird that you keep flip flopping back and forth on this matter.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs
  • [Vote]Bolero of Fire[/Vote]

I'll have to go with Bolero, because honestly, they're the only one that feels suspicious to me. A lot of the people here are using examples from earlier games, and to be fair, I don't get those. I can't say that somone is suspicious because they're acting differently, or because they're doing something they once did when they were mafia. Bolero of Fire thinks voting inactive people is a good idea, which is something I've come to see as suspicious while playing Mafia on Discord etc.
  • Xenovent wrote:

@HarmonicalHero As always it seems you're having a good time. Who do you find trustworthy at this point?
    So far the only person I’m getting clear Town-ish reads from is Ruki. She’s on top of things whenever Town, like she is right now.

Still catching up on everything, but I know Bolero as Mafia goes for Townies who haven’t checked in, so my placeholder vote will be him.

[vote] Bolero of Fire [/vote]
  • @Xenovent

So let me get this right. By this logic, assuming you are Town, you were playing this game as Mafia? Because you clearly thought red = bad, and if you were Town, you'd have gotten a red role. If you were playing as Town, that tells me you believed you were Town because you were green and not Mafia.

Just looks worse, frankly.

Gonna make up my read list for now.

Celebrating 3 whole years of ZU membership -- 8/22/2015 - 8/22/2018
  • Vote Count:

[Bolero of Fire: 6] Ruki, Xenovent, Pennington, Don Saltine, noworry, HarmonicalHero
    [Froyo: 5] Kaylin, Kodachrome, Tri Force, Pavlova, Bolero of Fire
    [Xenovent: 2] Dark Link Reigns, Mordred
    [Don Saltine: 1] Mr.Miyamoto
    [Ruki: 1] Elias
    [Pavlova: 1] Froyo
    [HarmonicalHero: 1] Sabbo

[No Vote (Counts as Self-Vote)]: AstroNinja, Chloroform, Linkle, PrinnyofTime

You all dance to our whimsical desires