Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mafiarina of Time - Nobody Expects Sabbo
  • Dark Link Reigns wrote:



    @Mordred - I don't think you've been that inactive but I haven't seen much from you for awhile:

    What are your thoughts on the Froyo wagon so far? Do you have an opinion on how they have been playing so far?
    Make no mistake, I have been that inactive :P

    Froyo acted really suspiciously, and his contradiction is basis to jump on a wagon, I feel. Do I think he's scum? Not really, it'd be way too optimistic to expect the scum to slip up like that. Still, he'll talk when pressured, so it might be worth it a bit >.>
  • OK so it’s 2:30 pm and we only have one real wagon at the moment so I’m going to start trying to get other stuff going.

    [unvote]Miyamoto[/unvote]
    [vote]Bolero[/vote]

    I know you haven’t voted for an inactive yet but I’ve found mafia in previous games of people who suggested we go after people who historically can’t defend themselves or are unused to. So why shouldn’t you die today?

    :heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
  • Ruki wrote:




    I know you haven’t voted for an inactive yet but I’ve found mafia in previous games of people who suggested we go after people who historically can’t defend themselves or are unused to. So why shouldn’t you die today?
    I think last time we encountered this was in FE mafia, where you pressured Bolero for this >.>
    He was mafia.
    Still, he did say it's a view he has no matter his alignment, and I'm inclined to believe that.


    Doesn't mean I agree with him, I just don't think it's out of character for him.
  • Mordred wrote:


    Froyo acted really suspiciously, and his contradiction is basis to jump on a wagon, I feel. Do I think he's scum? Not really, it'd be way too optimistic to expect the scum to slip up like that. Still, he'll talk when pressured, so it might be worth it a bit >.>
    What contradiction? :B

    And literally, I've said all I really had to say thus far except my role and flavor character.

    Also speaking of; what will happen if I get lynched, then flip Town? Specifically, the people who are pushing to have me lynched and have been misinterpreting my posts? Are you just going to go "oh whoops lol, well, he was totally acting suspiciously" (even though I've been answering all questions thrown at me and it's like people aren't reading the answers :B)?
  • So, Boleo and Froyo are our top suspicions?

    I've only seen two or three people address my question. Those who don't I will consider suspicious because they are trying to hide something or afraid of misspeaking. Sometimes hiding is beneficial for a town if you have a powerful ability, but also works for skulky scum. I'm not asking for a role or a character, just a response to your flavor. The Mafia Dead Body Guard could have said "I'd probably be on guard duty cause fml." without revealing his alignment. So be a little creative. I also answered the question, so I'm only asking what I'm willing to give.
  • @Dark Link Reigns I wouldn't mind voting for Froyo today, but, knowing him, his behavior thus far could be for a number of reasons. Miyamoto's vote seems completely random, trying to put a vote out there and seeing how people react, but there could be strategy there. Too early to tell.

    @Sabbo To be perfectly honest, my number one suspect right now is Ruki. This may just be my lack of experience in playing with them, but Ruki seemed to jump into a leadership role almost immediately, and often those who are quick to divert attention away from themselves usually have something to hide.

    Thus,

    [vote]Ruki[/vote]
    Check out Realms of the Wild, a Zelda RPG show, on the Zelda Universe Twitch channel!
  • Vote Count:

    [Froyo: 5] Kaylin, Kodachrome, Tri Force, Pavlova, Froyo (no vote)
    [Don Saltine: 2] Mr.Miyamoto, Don Saltine (no vote)
    [Bolero of Fire: 2] Ruki, Bolero of Fire (no vote)
    [Ruki: 1] Elias

    [No Vote (Counts as Self-Vote)]: Xenovent, AstroNinja, Sabbo, Chloroform, Mordred, DarkLinkReigns, Tri Force, noworry, Pennington, Linkle, PrinnyofTime


    Aproximately 5 Hours Remain


    You all dance to our whimsical desires

    The post was edited 1 time, last by goronmario ().

  • Froyo - it's hard not to see you contradicting yourself with stuff like this happening:

    Original statement:

    Froyo wrote:

    Ruki is a generally good player and tends to act pro town, so while I will of course suspect her at some point of being manipulative, she's one of the first content generators and thus I'm unwilling to point at her.

    Scrutiny over original statement:

    Dark Link Reigns wrote:

    1) This is not the right attitude to have. Just because Ruki is able to generate content is absolutely no reason to not being hounding her. Based on the last few games, if scum wanted to hide and not be scrutinized, generating tons of content has been an excellent way for them to get people thinking they are town.

    We cannot, and should not, just not go after people simply because they generate content.

    I don't like your line of thinking on this.

    Response to scrutiny over it:

    Froyo wrote:

    It's not "don't target her because she generates content", it's "ask other people questions and make them talk, because this one is already talking".

    Your original statement made it seem like Ruki was basically not be hounded because she generates content and was the first to do so, not "let's leave Ruki alone for now to ask other people questions because she is already talking".

    Also, there is this:

    Original statement:

    Froyo wrote:

    Also, I should note that I highly dislike people looking too in depth into the "bad guys good guys" dynamic, I've been hoping for someone to slip flavor comments out because of confusion regarding it and maybe catch scun. If we could not pursue it further, that would be great >.>

    Scrutiny over original content:

    Dark Link Reigns wrote:

    2) So you say that you dislike people looking into the "good guy/bad guy" dynamic, yet you were hoping that people would slip on that and reveal themselves to be scum, but yet again you want people to not pursue it further? Like, what do you actually want to do here? You literally contradict yourself twice in this one instance.

    Response to scrutiny over it:

    Froyo wrote:

    I... Am not? The less we pursue a clarification of how the flavor good guy bad guy thing works, the more likely are people to misunderstand it and slip up.

    You LITERALLY said in your original statement you hoped that people would slip up with flavor comments then stated how people shouldn't pursue that train of thought any longer now you reply saying you basically just didn't want people to slip up.

    I know you are going to say "well, ya, I wanted scum to screw up so we could lynch one but I didn't actually want people to slip up." Doesn't matter. Still not liking how it looks.

    You say everyone is just misinterpreting your posts, but I mean, if more than one person is doing so, doesn't that maybe mean some of the stuff you've been saying doesn't line up?

    "Well, no because it is just scum trying to get my lynched." Not really a valid argument. Just to get this out of the way now.

    I haven't voted for you (yet). Do I think your scum? Not sure. I don't like some of the stuff you've said but that doesn't just inherently mean you are scum.

    EDIT: Fixed quote tags.

    Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Big Daddy Biggles ().

  • Ruki wrote:

    Dark Link Reigns wrote:

    Ruki wrote:

    DLR, honestly I think he is either placing a lot more emphasis on flavor than he should be OR he is a role which benefits from the information.
    With that said, what is your stance on people obliging his request?
    Honestly I have no opinion on it. I mean personally I think it’s stupid especially since we had just talked about in the hub not claiming or that sort of thing, but at the moment we don’t know how flavor is tied to roles or if at all.

    Xenovent wrote:

    So, Boleo and Froyo are our top suspicions?

    I've only seen two or three people address my question. Those who don't I will consider suspicious because they are trying to hide something or afraid of misspeaking. Sometimes hiding is beneficial for a town if you have a powerful ability, but also works for skulky scum. I'm not asking for a role or a character, just a response to your flavor. The Mafia Dead Body Guard could have said "I'd probably be on guard duty cause fml." without revealing his alignment. So be a little creative. I also answered the question, so I'm only asking what I'm willing to give.
    Both of these are interconnected. We don’t know how flavor plays into this game yet, so I have no reason to answer honestly a pointless question. If you think that’s suspicious, well I guess that’s your opinion.

    Saying he was a guard for the military means … what exactly? The random smuck was vanilla. His role and alignment from what I saw didn’t mesh with his flavor. Until we can see more examples of flavor and roles lining up, your question is honestly meaningless.

    Also if you are what I think you for reasons of pushing this question (this is just my knowledge of the vast variety of roles) I suggest you reread your role. Because I think you are mixing up some stuff in how it works.

    If it’s something else, my guessing and reading into players isn’t as good as I thought it could be lol.

    :heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
  • The question has nothing to do with roles. Not with my role, and not with getting anyone else's. The GM has stated that the Red/Green reversal is only for flavor, and thus I have no reason to think flavor plays into the mechanics of the game. Your exploration of the guard only feeds my point, since I am not fishing for role information. Especially when, in fact, I made it explicit I wasn't looking for role stuff. I'm looking for what you think your character might do on a Friday night.

    If you consider that pointless, well, generally it is. It's content generation. And content generation is pointless until it isn't anymore.

    Since I have very little else to go off of day one other than Boleo wanting to lynch inactive players and Froyo acting like a Ganondorf yandere, I'm basing my suspicions on whose willing to play along.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Xenovent ().

  • I think there are better ways to provide information Day 1 then asking filler questions that don’t provide us information to work with. For example, Elias what do you think I’m trying to hide exactly? Just because I’m a large voice, am I scary? Is that it?

    What about asking people who they would vote with? Like who would people trust their vote to if they had to choose? Like they would follow their lead and voted in tandem with them?

    :heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
  • How are people suppose to draw those kinds of conclusions when the game has just started? I definitely appreciate I'm not as experienced a Mafia player as you, but here are my thoughts:

    Mafia people might say they'd throw their vote in with a townie, because they want to disassociate from fellow Mafia lest the dots get connected. Yet they might also throw in their vote with a Mafia because I might be thinking that very way, and it's possible to paint someone else as town by saying "Yeah, I trust 'em"

    A townie, not knowing who Mafia is, will likely throw their vote in with a trusted player or someone they already know from outside the game. That doesn't help confirm any Mafia. It might help with creating voting blocks, but not with finding scum.

    I have no reason to throw my vote in with anyone at this point. While I love the insights and the depth of your investigation Ruki, there's also no reason for me to believe you're town either, so why should I "entrust" my vote to you just because you're good at this game?

    So if you won't answer my flavor question, prove me wrong and answer your recommended one. Who would you trust your vote with? Is there any else's opinions you'd trust to bandwagon with them?
  • @Elias Thompson Ruki is always the leading person in the Mafia games. Town or not Town.


    @Bolero of Fire I have decided that voting on inactive people is a Mafiaosoy (?) act. It has never worked for getting Town, because there are more town than mafia, and the chances of the inactive being Town are 3:1 (1:3? Whatever, it's high)

    Inactive lynch suggestions is an easy way to get a town lynch.


    Whether I should change vote to Bolero or not, I don't know.
    BWAYHA! Don't take me seriously all the time. :derp:

    My characters: Orthane Raker


    <-------This spot is dedicated to Sydney, who brought me, Epic, and B-rod together. Epic then brought me and B-rod to all of you.-------->
  • Dark Link Reigns wrote:

    Froyo - it's hard not to see you contradicting yourself with stuff like this happening:

    Original statement:

    Froyo wrote:

    Ruki is a generally good player and tends to act pro town, so while I will of course suspect her at some point of being manipulative, she's one of the first content generators and thus I'm unwilling to point at her.
    Scrutiny over original statement:

    1) This is not the right attitude to have. Just because Ruki is able to generate content is absolutely no reason to not being hounding her. Based on the last few games, if scum wanted to hide and not be scrutinized, generating tons of content has been an excellent way for them to get people thinking they are town.

    We cannot, and should not, just not go after people simply because they generate content.

    I don't like your line of thinking on this.

    Response to scrutiny over it:

    Froyo wrote:

    It's not "don't target her because she generates content", it's "ask other people questions and make them talk, because this one is already talking".
    Your original statement made it seem like Ruki was basically not be hounded because she generates content and was the first to do so, not "let's leave Ruki alone for now to ask other people questions because she is already talking".

    [Insert table flipping emote here]

    I mentioned in the original comment that I would suspect her at some point - naturally, since she *is* talking, she's already providing content that can be used later, so the priority lies in making other people also provide that content. Blagh. You're turning two things that mean the exact same thing worded differently into two different things, which they aren't :cookiemonster:

    Also, there is this:

    Original statement:

    Froyo wrote:

    Also, I should note that I highly dislike people looking too in depth into the "bad guys good guys" dynamic, I've been hoping for someone to slip flavor comments out because of confusion regarding it and maybe catch scun. If we could not pursue it further, that would be great >.>
    Scrutiny over original content:

    Dark Link Reigns wrote:

    2) So you say that you dislike people looking into the "good guy/bad guy" dynamic, yet you were hoping that people would slip on that and reveal themselves to be scum, but yet again you want people to not pursue it further? Like, what do you actually want to do here? You literally contradict yourself twice in this one instance.
    Response to scrutiny over it:

    Froyo wrote:

    I... Am not? The less we pursue a clarification of how the flavor good guy bad guy thing works, the more likely are people to misunderstand it and slip up.
    You LITERALLY said in your original statement you hoped that people would slip up with flavor comments then stated how people shouldn't pursue that train of thought any longer now you reply saying you basically just didn't want people to slip up.

    I know you are going to say "well, ya, I wanted scum to screw up so we could lynch one but I didn't actually want people to slip up." Doesn't matter. Still not liking how it looks.


    Ffs lol. I want people to slip up, the more we look into and explain how it works, the more people can work around acting based on it, and the less likely they are to slip and reveal themselves as scum.

    I am really, really, REALLY, not seeing any contradiction at all especially in these comments so I'm getting juuust a little frustrated lmao.