Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Da na na naaaaa! You got my suggestion!
    • Ok so here's the basic gist. I've been around the forums and I keep noticing that more often than not debate or conversation, especially in the theory section, would often devolve into conflict and heated argument. So I thought: why not have a thread specifically for people to yell at each other! Obviously keeping it semi-civil but not as civil as other threads. It would probably need to be much more heavily moderated than other threads but it would be a good place for people to vent and let off steam.
    • A thread made for people to be able to yell at each other sounds like the absolutely most negative and toxic environment possible...

There's no need of it. People should be able to calm themselves down on their own. The message board format lets people think through what they're gonna say, and it's honestly not difficult at all to just take a step back when you're getting heated.

The mods are also there to cool people down if things get out of hand, too.

Credit to TruEdge for the banners :3
      And credit to @Oracle between Worlds for the avatar :33
    • I personally believe that the benefits (if there are any at all) from such a thread would be outweighed by the likely problems that could result from a "Yelling/Fighting Thread". I believe that one possible undesirable outcome that would likely take place, is that people would then continue their arguments on to the main board, or even elsewhere, such as bottled up inside themselves.

Debates, they are never meant to be turned into such heated arguments, or fights. An individual who is a responsible debater, would simply skip passed such "attacks" or work around them without adding to the potential volatile nature of a point being made.

I am serious when I now tell you this; many people have become hurt, deeper than just their feelings from being attacked in a discussion debated heavily. I have been a member of Debate Class/Club in school, so I know from firsthand experience.

A responsible debater simply does his/her best to never lose control, and to ignore attacks.
      Therefore, such a thread would actually serve very little, if any purpose at all.

Tead.

The post was edited 9 times, last by Tead ().

• I like screaming and getting mad at others, so a thread like that is right up my alley, but I don't think it's the best for the forum. ZU is super chill, and lots use this place to discuss personal issues, thus I think a thread like this would only draw ire.

Though, it's also possible that it could help in some ways.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mango The Magician ().

• Mango The Magician wrote:

I like screaming and getting mad at others, so a thread like that is right up my alley, but I don't think it's the best for the forum. ZU is super chill, and lots use this place to discuss personal issues, thus I think a thread like this would only draw ire.

Though, it's also possible that it could help in some ways.
      ZU is super chill... When we're not arguing about soda and pineapple pizza that is.